Miscellaneous Michael J. Jackson - MMJJ

FQg821XXEAci2MJ

Forest Lawn/Easter 2022

Sega just announced "Sonic Origins", a compilation of the retro Sonic the Hedgehog games, including Sonic 3 (the one where MJ secretly composed some of the music). It'll be released on all major consoles and PC on June 23.

The deluxe edition boasts that it will include "additional background music". Do you guys think this means that we'll finally get to hear the MJ/Brad Buxer tracks again?

Until now, Sega hasn't officially re-released Sonic 3 for years. Since Michael passed away, it's basically been confirmed that he worked on some of the music, so I would imagine that the Estate & Sega didn't want to get involved with any long/drawn-out legal battle. I guess we'll find out when this game releases!

Just bumping my Miscellaneous thread with THIS! Nate's paintings are beautiful.

NATE GIORGIO FINE ART

I want to thank the MJ Estate and everyone at Threadshop for allowing me to create an exclusive collection of MJ prints for the fans. A selection of beautifully printed Giclee fine art prints of my favorite recent paintings of Michael. Hope you love the art! Available now online:

Let’s put some context to the story. Benzino has been going at Eminem since the early 2000s when the former “Hip Hop Bible” announced in a press conference it was in possession of an old tape in which a young Eminem was rapping racial slurs against Black women.

The feud began after his The Source magazine rated The Eminem Show as four mics out of five. Eminem blamed the magazine and its co-founder Benzino for what he considered an unfair rating. Benzino even refused to help promote his movie 8 Mile during his performance in Puerto Rico.

In the mean time, Eminem released a song and video called “Just Lose it” in 2004 where he bashed Michael Jackson throughout the song and video. It was reported that Michael was really upset and even tried to get the video banned and made the statement: “I am very angry at Eminem’s depiction of me in his video. I feel that it is outrageous and disrespectful. It is one thing to spoof, but it is another to be demeaning and insensitive.”

In a radio interview, Michael added: “I’ve admired Eminem as an artist, and was shocked by this. The video was inappropriate and disrespectful to me, my children, my family and the community at large.”

In a new podcast released few days ago, Benzino has claimed Michael Jackson once personally phoned him and thanked him for roasting Eminem on wax.

In a clip from The Gauds Show podcast shared on Thursday (April 13), the former Source co-owner said he got the blessing from the King of Pop for his show of Black solidarity.

“Let me tell you, Michael Jackson called me,” Benzino told hosts Ray Daniels and Tamira Smith. “I knew Mike. I met Mike through Teddy [Riley]. He called me and he thanked me. Because when Eminem dissed him with the fire situation, in the [‘Just Lose It’] video, Mike called — and I remember his assistant put him on the phone — and I sat there and listened to him. And he thanked me.

“He started talking about Tommy Mottola. And it was one of the greatest moments of my life. And I’m not saying it because all white people are bad. We’re not saying that. Not all of them are devils. But Mike was referring to the situation in the music industry, and he was just going on a rant. But I’ll never forget that.

He continued: “I was at a point in my life that I didn’t have to answer to nobody. Everything I said was true. I said that Black people got Hip Hop and we got white people to finally buy into it. And now, they wanna give white people something that they can buy into. When Eminem came out, he just got different treatment than every other Black rapper. And I just didn’t appreciate that.”

Check out Benzino’s appearance on The Gauds Show podcast below:

Billie Jean reference in the new AKMU song (see after 0:32)

And a live perf with the dancers wearing MJ inspired costumes:

Belgian composer François Glorieux dies at the age of 91​

ByAdmin Team
September 24, 2023

Composer and pianist François Glorieux has died. His son confirmed he died in his sleep on the night of Friday to Saturday, he was 91. Glorieux is considered one of the greatest Belgian composers of all time and enjoyed international success. Even pop star Michael Jackson was a big fan of his.
Glorieux gained fame as a pianist on national and international stages and is praised for his virtuosity. As a musical jack-of-all-trades, he is at home in many markets: classical music, improvisation, expressionism, jazz and pop and world music. Glorieux is considered a masterful improviser. In his career he gave more than 6,000 concerts and composed about 300 works. His classical education did not prevent him from adapting the music of The Beatles and Michael Jackson. The King of Pop was a big fan of his work.
“I was invited by his lawyer for an interview. When I arrived in California, Branca warned me that the meeting would last no more than three minutes. But I talked to him for three hours,” Glorieux told “Primo.” “Michael turned out to be a huge fan, had all my records and asked me not only about my life, but also to play for him. He had tears in his eyes, especially when I improvised on ‘She’s out of My Life’, one of his favourite songs. I then reworked ‘Bad’, ‘Smooth Criminal’ and ‘Liberian Girl’ for orchestra. We would perform that with the LA Symphony Orchestra with me as conductor.” But that never happened because of his sudden death. “I heard about his death the day before I was supposed to play in Vienna City Hall. I also played that concert with a tribute to him. A tragic end to a tragic life.”

Glorieux continued to perform and compose. Despite his age, the death is unexpected. “He still planned gigs and played the piano at his house every day,” his son said. “Last week, a former student of his came by and played for hours. Music was his life. The fact that he made people happy and put our country on the map is a comfort to us,” concludes Régis Glorieux.

K-pop singer Bang Ye-dam (Treasure) covering Love Never Felt So Good during an episode of Leemujin Service:
see at 23:23.

Minzy (2NE1) having some MJ moves:
And dancing on Scream:
“One of my biggest influencers was Michael Jackson when was a kid.He showed me the world of dance. And He taught me how to see the world w/ pure eyes & warm heart
❤️‍🔥
I will always admire you
@michaeljackson
Dance makes me feel alive
⚡️
DC by
@mishagabriel
-Minzy

Last edited:
MJ is mentioned in a new version of We Didn't Start the Fire by Fall Out Boy at 0:48
Fall Out Boy covered Beat It in 2008

Britney about MJ in The Woman In Me
Madison Square Garden in New York City, Just days before September 11, I performed a duet of “The Way You Make Me Feel” with Michael Jackson to celebrate the thirtieth anniversary of his solo career. In my heels, I prowled all over that stage. The audience went crazy. At one point it felt like the whole crowd of twenty thousand was singing along with us.

Last edited:
They appreciate us keeping Michaels legacy alive. Good to know.
Thank you to all the faithful Michael Jackson fans and welcoming in those who listened or watched Michael for this first time this year. We wish everyone a happy new year ahead and we appreciate you keeping his legacy alive in 2024 and beyond.

Boy George: "I loved, loved, loved Michael Jackson. As a performer he was untouchable. I loved his music and some of his antics. He didn't like mine, though. I wish I'd met him," George writes. "I almost did a duet with his daughter, Paris Jackson. She loved the song 'London Calling Paris' but in the end she said no."

Back