Misinterpretations of 'This is it'

I'm not confused. I think that Michael knew exactly what he wanted to accomplish with this conference. And I believe he knew that we would be left wondering what's up in the near future so we would be tuned in. That is what he wants. He wants everybody's attention and he is getting it.

There is more to the mantra, THIS IS IT. Just watch and see.

final curtain call means last tour. but when he says in london, that means he won't perform there ever again (tour wise). left it open for them to add more dates. he was very meticulous in what he said

I fully agree although I would have used the term 'deliberate' rather than meticulous. It is smart to leave it open. I believe what he said precisely.

It will be his last performance in London and taken together with the possible shows in other countries, it will be his last tour (not the end of him making music).

I was surprised when I read ATLF's post about This Is It being the name of the tour and album. It never occured to me that some people might not think that. It is what I thought when I first heard it. That is one of the reasons it has to have more than one meaning. Michael is the master of that.

I'm not confused. I think that Michael knew exactly what he wanted to accomplish with this conference. And I believe he knew that we would be left wondering what's up in the near future so we would be tuned in. That is what he wants. He wants everybody's attention and he is getting it.

There is more to the mantra, THIS IS IT. Just watch and see.

Spot on.

I hope we will have shows in the U.S., I cannot afford the plane tickets and hotel plus tickets to the concert, I know it is smart in a marketing sense, but it is killing us fans outside of London

I'm starting to think "This is It" might be the title of his next album. It's kinda strange how they put "It" in bold letters in the press release. I'm wondering...

and something i really forgot to point out is...how would any of us like it if we knew that somebody was always going to get out of the wrong side of the bed, and be mean-spirited for fifty thousand years, daily, non stop? for MJ, this somebody is the MEDIA. especially spearheaded by the american media. we'd get tired if only ONE person was who we always expected to hear from, every day, in a mean spirited way, everytime we go outside or turn on the tv. with the media, one person's voice equals fifty million voices at once. and there are millions of media outlets. now let's multiply that. it's easy for the media to make you feel that something is true even if it's not. for MJ, that is that he doesn't have american fans..his albums don't sell well..etc.

if we are afraid of seeing the last of MJ...we gotta do SOMETHING about the media which will always get up on the wrong side of the bed and be mean -spirited for NO apparent reason!

yeah..i'm practically paranoid about them now. i'm sick of em. but i think i'm justified at this point. which is why i talk about em so much.

but if some of the people on here are interpreting that MJ is shocked at the reaction of his fans at the conference..that they surprised him, and still want him back..then...blame the American MEDIA for him thinking otherwise till the fans did let him know the TRUTH. i believe their minds can be changed. people mag's minds were changed. they had an address that was easy to write to. and write, we did. now they're kinda nice. now..it's cnn's turn. it's ironic..cnn accused him of 'dangling' his baby. it's interesting how cnn are verbally abusing his kids by verbally abusing their dad.

cnnnewsroom@cnn.com

and if that don't work...i'll probably find another address...

Last edited:
In my opinion, This is It does not mean that it's the end of anything. Remember in '87 he said the Bad Tour was going to be his last? Well surely he proved himself wrong! :p

This is It means the anticipation of MJ coming back. We've all anticipated Michael to make a new album or do some concerts, and now he announces "This is It!" This is what we've been waiting for.

In my opinion, This is It does not mean that it's the end of anything. Remember in '87 he said the Bad Tour was going to be his last? Well surely he proved himself wrong! :p

This is It means the anticipation of MJ coming back. We've all anticipated Michael to make a new album or do some concerts, and now he announces "This is It!" This is what we've been waiting for.

See, you feelin' me! I got the jest of what is going on here. Michael is saying, HE is it!

I hope we will have shows in the U.S., I cannot afford the plane tickets and hotel plus tickets to the concert, I know it is smart in a marketing sense, but it is killing us fans outside of London

Summed it up for me perfectly. I cant sleep at the moment and im risking my job checking for updates all day long.... why oh why do you have to be so mysterious Michael? I love you but this is doing my head in!!

lol, i thought the Victory tour was his last....
But I'm just excited that he's doing more work. Just goes to show all those haters that MJ is the best!! lol. Who knows what will happen after the ten concerts. I'm just happy he took time off to spend with his children.

If I don't get to go, then hopefully I will see it on video. I'm just happy for him, and I'm glad that he's being so well recieved by fans and ppl wanting to go. I hope he does great :yes:

These were his exact words: (Source mjfanclub.net)

Thank you all. This is it! These will be my final shows in London. And when I say this is it, I mean it, because....

I will be performing the songs that my fans want to hear. This is the final curtain call. I will see you in July and...

I love you. I really do, you have to know that. I love you very much; from the bottom of my heart. This is it! See you in July!"

And a lot of I love you's too.

You know what really bugged me during the press conference? The fact that his jacket seemed too big. It looked baggy, hanging around him as if it was suposed to be worn when he was ten pounds heavier or something.

I still don't know what to think of it. My friend says there are still possibilities for about everything but he didn't appear to be so happy to me either. And yeah, when I saw the pressconf at a later moment again, it didn't appear to be so bad as it was initially. But still...
This whole situation is causing me to be worried because we don't know what he means exactly. It's destroying the fun and anticipation for his upcoming shows a bit to be honest. I just can't put myself into looking forward to whatever "This Is It" might be, because it is nowhere said that this is the beginning of something new, or the beginning of the end.

These were his exact words: (Source mjfanclub.net)

Thank you all. This is it! These will be my final shows in London. And when I say this is it, I mean it, because....

I will be performing the songs that my fans want to hear. This is the final curtain call. I will see you in July and...

I love you. I really do, you have to know that. I love you very much; from the bottom of my heart. This is it! See you in July!"

And a lot of I love you's too.

You know what really bugged me during the press conference? The fact that his jacket seemed too big. It looked baggy, hanging around him as if it was suposed to be worn when he was ten pounds heavier or something.

I still don't know what to think of it. My friend says there are still possibilities for about everything but he didn't appear to be so happy to me either. And yeah, when I saw the pressconf at a later moment again, it didn't appear to be so bad as it was initially. But still...
This whole situation is causing me to be worried because we don't know what he means exactly. It's destroying the fun and anticipation for his upcoming shows a bit to be honest. I just can't put myself into looking forward to whatever "This Is It" might be, because it is nowhere said that this is the beginning of something new, or the beginning of the end.

Of course this is the beginning of the end. Michael is smart to do that. Too many artist don't start the beginning of the end. Actually this is pretty cool. He said already during Bad Tour that it is probably his last tour. Well, it wasn't because he was fortuned and priviledged to continue with Dangerous Tour and HIStory Tour... So now at least (20 years later!) it's safe to say these are the last shows in LONDON! He thinks this time around they are, it still doesn't mean they definitely will. But it's more possible than not. It doesn't mean he is a pessimist but you have to be a realist. It's been 12 years since he's been performing in London. Even if he is not retiring, it's not that possible at all he will be around performing let's say in 2021, when 63 years old! That would be just extra. It can't be his "mission" to perform over 60 years old. He is smart not to take that. And I bet sometimes he must feel like he's been living 100 years, even thou he acts much like a child still. I think when he was just over 30 years old, his mind was like 50 or 60 years old. That made him announce that Bad Tour is his last and that made him write an autobiography. How many people have been writing autobiographies when they around 30 years old!? Not that many. :)

Aye, I hear what you are saying. In fact, I understand and agree fully if Michael was to say "ok guys, this has been enough, this is it". Besides that I rather see him throw the towel in now, than go through another ten years of "media mockery" that he is no longer able to score hits or dance as vivid as he used too. Because no matter what he will release (if he is to release anything) it is bound to be burned down - even if it was the best he ever did. And no, Im am not heart broken because of an upcoming retirement (if he is to retire) Its just the fact that at this point, we don't know anything and that is killing me lol :D

I want to know what Michael was going to say after "because...." there was a reason coming and we didnt get to find out what that reason was! that was the clue!

As much as it breaks my heart, I really think this is it. No more performing ever. Anywhere.

I want to know what Michael was going to say after "because...." there was a reason coming and we didnt get to find out what that reason was! that was the clue!

As much as it breaks my heart, I really think this is it. No more performing ever. Anywhere.

I think he was intending to say something important after the "because" too!

I don't think this will be the last performance ever!

Back