MJ and Queen world premiere!!!!!!!!!!!

William Orbit
5 Std. ·

"I'm going to be in the studio later and will give the TMBMTLTT a good listen. The mastered final version as it has been heard on the radio. I was thrilled with it at the time, but am hardly unaware of the brickbats.
What's going on with that?"

MJ5;4055042 said:
William Orbit
5 Std. ·

"I'm going to be in the studio later and will give the TMBMTLTT a good listen. The mastered final version as it has been heard on the radio. I was thrilled with it at the time, but am hardly unaware of the brickbats.

Massive backlash over the bad production of the song. You can not hear freddie in the last verse so fans are going crazy at him.

I really hope it will be edited for the release!

The vocals should be in focus! - Why kill two of the best vocal performances ever in some crappy over production? Keep it simple and keep the vocals sharp and up front.

I really hope it will be edited for the release!

The vocals should be in focus! - Why kill two of the best vocal performances ever in some crappy over production? Keep it simple and keep the vocals sharp and up front.

I like the new instrumental very much and I think the production is not "crappy" at all. Mixing of the vocals could have been better though.

MJ5;4055042 said:
William Orbit
5 Std. ·

He needs to get his hearing checked then. The album is out next week. I guess the song remained as it was.

He needs to get his hearing checked then. The album is out next week. I guess the song remained as it was.

The tweet was ridiculous. Is he telling us that he's never heard the song after finishing it? I find it hard to believe how he thought the last verse sounds OK. You don't need to be in a recording studio to hear it!

The tweet was ridiculous. Is he telling us that he's never heard the song after finishing it? I find it hard to believe how he thought the last verse sounds OK. You don't need to be in a recording studio to hear it!

Lol, he has painted himself into a corner. Whatever he says won't negate the fact that he has made a serious unforgivable rookie mistake. To be honest the more he talks and tweet about it the worser it gets..

So I went on Amazon.de after midnight to buy TMBMTLTT since Queen Forever is released today and it says, the song can only downloaded if you buy the whole album!! Its the only song that you can't buy from the release. Whats up with that!?!

Also on Spotify.com its the only song you can't play!

I was actually looking forward to buy that song.

So I went on Amazon.de after midnight to buy TMBMTLTT since Queen Forever is released today and it says, the song can only downloaded if you buy the whole album!! Its the only song that you can't buy from the release. Whats up with that!?!

Also on Spotify.com its the only song you can't play!

I was actually looking forward to buy that song.

I don't think that's true. I think album will be released 10 November 2014.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Forever

It was released at midnight here in New Zealand and yes, There Must Be More To Life Than This is album only on both the standard and deluxe versions.

g9k0UGz.png

Glad I'm not a fan of William Orbit's mix, otherwise I'd be disappointed.

They counted on this MJ duet promotion so bad (so much so that it got annoyingly obvious) that I'm not half surprised by this. I'm not going to fall into this PR trap that's been waiting for us the whole time. There's no reason to get the entire album unless you are also a Queen fan. No remixed fake collaboration is THAT good. Regardless of editing problems.

Any chance other countries get other terms?

I'll wait for the single, if there is any.

By the way Historic, are you able to tell by the previews if it got fixed (miraculously) ?

By the way Historic, are you able to tell by the previews if it got fixed (miraculously) ?

It's likely the whole world has it as Album-Only. I haven't heard the new version of the song for like a month or whatever, but it sounds the same? I believe Brian May also said it was too late to fix the song anyway.

Perhaps a fan who loves Queen enough to buy the album can comment better than I? (I like Queen quite a lot, just not enough to buy this album).

people shouldnt be surprised if its a case of having to buy the whole album. its all about album sales so allowing ppl to get the song on its own would have made its inclusion on the album pointless.they arent going to miss the chance of making some more money off mj fans buying the whole album. although its prob backfired because of the job orbit has done on it

Last edited:
Lol, he has painted himself into a corner. Whatever he says won't negate the fact that he has made a serious unforgivable rookie mistake. To be honest the more he talks and tweet about it the worser it gets..

He comes across like a complete idiot on twitter after reading his tweets. I don't like the new mix he did for Let Me In Your Heart Again, but just because it doesn't tickle my fancy. There Must Be More just sounds rushed and thrown together. Biggest disappointment.

Just listened to it.

My opinion:
- instrumental is brilliant
- Freddie's part could have been louder
- Michael's part sounds amazingly beautiful, louder than Freddie's. Like he's closer or something. Like his vocals are above the instrumental while Freddie's vocals were little buried in the instrumental.
- Third verse (duet) sounds good in my opinion. Michael is again louder (which is fine by me although I understand that some Queen fans will be pissed) and Freddie is again little buried into the mix or somehow in the background. Michael sounds louder, yes - but given that Freddie has more vocals (he sings first 2 verses completely alone), I think that's fair.
- Mixing of the vocals in the third verse isn't perfect, but remember that the "duet" never happened. William Orbit had to blend Freddie's studio vocals with MJ's demo which he recorded in 1 take and make an artificial or "fake" duet. So given the situation, it's not that bad. It's actually quite good.
- Trading lines, like in the fanmade version and Queen snippet version, would make more sense to me and I think it would be better that way. But I understand that he wanted to make it like this, as Queen feat. MJ, which is fine by me. The actual duet never happened, so editing the vocals one way or another to make a duet makes no difference. We can't say he wasn't true to the original demo because there is no demo of the duet.
- All in all, I like the song. I'll give it 4/5.

Sorry, but I'm not buying a whole Queen album for one song. Especially for a song that is not mixed well.
And I even consider myself a casual Queen fan, but this marketing strategy of wanting to force you to buy a full album with old songs just to get one song is lame. Oh well, I'm gonna listen to the fan version, I prefer that anyway.

I just listened to the sample of There Must Be More To Life Than This Remix on iTunes and like it. I will purchase the album I think as I like Queen. Is the full version available for listening? Please let me know. Suggest the Mods to update the important details in the first post as it is difficult to go through so many pages.

Sorry, but I'm not buying a whole Queen album for one song. Especially for a song that is not mixed well.
And I even consider myself a casual Queen fan, but this marketing strategy of wanting to force you to buy a full album with old songs just to get one song is lame. Oh well, I'm gonna listen to the fan version, I prefer that anyway.

I'm a big Queen fan and I'm not buying it. Its just another compilation album with 3 new songs. I'll buy the songs.

I also prefer the fan version ;)

.. We can't say he wasn't true to the original demo because there is no demo of the duet.
- All in all, I like the song. I'll give it 4/5.

There IS a demo of it, which was put together by either Queen or Freddie Mercury himself which was played in that documentary which I linked before. Even if the 'duet never happened', there IS a demo of the original song the way it was supposed to be, trading lines.

Anyway, I love the song. Didn't he say he was working on another version of the mix? I'm hoping to hear that one, the Queen one and/or the original demo.

I will buy TMBMTLTT if they make it available to buy just one song. - I am NOT gonna buy the entire album just for this...

I really hope TMBMTLTT will be a single release with the demo and different versions.

I haven't been fallowing the thread much but on iTunes sample did I just hear queen take the bridge section from Michael? Hearing Michael sing "But we just go on saying c'est la vie" was the best part of the song to me.. If that's the case and they won't just make the song longer and have them sing one and Michael, that just blows...

I really hope they make this song available as a just "Buy Song"

No way I am gonna pay full album price for just one song...

There IS a demo of it, which was put together by either Queen or Freddie Mercury himself which was played in that documentary which I linked before. Even if the 'duet never happened', there IS a demo of the original song the way it was supposed to be, trading lines.

That's not the original demo. That's Queen mix (maybe early version of it). Queen members spoke about it in an interview - they said that their mix is "more stripped down" than Orbit's mix and that MJ and Freddie are trading lines, not singing separate verses - just like in that snippet you posted.

So there ISN'T any original demo (real demo of duet, just vocals mixed in a different way - Michael's solo demo vocals from 1983 and Freddie's studio vocals probably from 1981). As neither MJ or Freddie didn't mix the vocals while they were alive and they never sang it together - we can't possibly know "the way it was supposed to be".

I haven't been fallowing the thread much but on iTunes sample did I just hear queen take the bridge section from Michael? Hearing Michael sing "But we just go on saying c'est la vie" was the best part of the song to me.. If that's the case and they won't just make the song longer and have them sing one and Michael, that just blows...

You mixed the released Queen version with MJ's demo or fanmade version. Released version is the same as the one that was played on the radio a month ago. Freddie is singing that line alone.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-years-drove-Queen-frontman-ape.html?ITO=1490

So it's not "lama" anymore??

"only song ever recorded by Freddie Mercury and Michael Jackson together" - WTF?? Quick google search, no?

"discovered only by chance after languishing for nearly 30 years at the bottom of a vault" - it's been on youtube for 12 years now!

**** off UK tabloids!

And this quote is supposedly Freddie's quote:

"‘I’m not performing with a f****** chimp sitting next to me each night.’" ... "After a few days of this"
- each night, few days?? They recorded just one day!

There was no "lamas" or monkeys in the studio. Like Freddie said in an interview which is available on youtube - he wanted to finish the songs - only problem was time! Not imaginary animals!

Back