MJ Estate Sues Howard Mann and business partner Henry Vaccaro - Settlement reached

My understanding of the whole story is :

1 Vaccaro deals with the Jacksons, they don't pay him , that's how he ends up with all the stuff

2 Michael and Janet, who are victims in the story, try to get their stuff back, (not the whole stuff, only their stuff) but they can't

3 Vaccaro creates Vintage Pop, and sets up a pay per view website, to display the memorabilia

4 Michael sues him in 2004 or 2005, on copyright infringements, etc ... He sued Vaccaro for displaying the stuff and making money out of it. But after the trial, Michael somehow fails to make a deposition, his lawyers are not paid, they don't take care of the lawsuit (obviously, he must not have been aware of what was going on if it happened that way). A default judgement is entered against Michael, preventing him from sueing Vintage Pop again for the same reasons.

5 Vaccaro sold Vintage Pop to Mann, and Mann believes he has the right to use this stuff, and can't be sued for copyrights infringements, cybersquatting, etc...

From Leslie's blog , an interview she did with Vaccaro

Q: Is it close to the truth that you didn't do much with the items over the years from a business point of view?
A: After not being able to get real offers, as you may recall Michael's value was at it's lowest in those years because of his legal problems, I then decided to do a Pay Per View web site displaying the collection. In 2005 Michael sued me, my son, Vintage Pop, and MichaelJacksonSecretVault.com for One Hundred Million Dollars, hired a high power law firm and shut down the web site. I won the suite as it was dismissed with prejudice.

Q: According to some sources you have sold the items recently to Howard Mann. Is it true? Did you keep any of the items?
A: Yes the entire collection was sold to Howard Mann. I kept some of the items.

Q: Do you have any connection with Mr. Mann and any of his entities? Mann created companies with names that are very similar to yours. As well he is using the same lawyer as you did.
A: Yes my family and I own a small percentage of the new entities in California. These entities have the same name to allow them protection under the dismissal of Michael Jackson 2005 law suite which was dismissed with prejudice. That means you cannot be sued again for the same thing. Edgar Pease is a fine lawyer he did represent me in the 2005 lawsuit. He knows all the facts that is probably why Howard Mann hired him.

Q: What do you think about the recent court case between the Michael Jackson Estate and Mr. Mann?
A: I think the lawsuit will be dismissed by the court.

http://lesliemjhu.blogspot.com/2011/02/interview-with-henry-vaccaro.html

there is a lot of info on her blog about that.

Now from a LA Times article :

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-ca-michael-jackson-20101212,0,2867570.story?page=1
But when Mann introduced himself to Katherine Jackson a few months after her son's June 2009 death, he offered her two things she wanted: money and the opportunity to protect her son's reputation from yet another damaging press report.

Both stemmed from his purchase of an enormous memorabilia collection that Jackson's parents had originally assembled for a planned family museum. Katherine and Joe Jackson subsequently developed financial problems and the collection was sold at a 2001 bankruptcy auction. Eventually, the memorabilia came into the possession of a New Jersey construction company owner, Henry Vaccaro Sr., who set up a pay-per-view website to profit from the material.

Michael Jackson sued Vaccaro and his company, Vintage Pop, for copyright infringement, cybersquatting, violation of his privacy rights and other claims in 2004, but the next year after his acquittal on child molestation charges, he decamped to Bahrain, refused to submit to a deposition and stopped paying his lawyers. A federal judge dismissed the case in 2006 "with prejudice" — meaning the singer was barred from refiling the same claims.

After Jackson's death, word that Vaccaro was trying to sell the collection reached Mann. He wasn't a fan of Jackson's music, but he had previously considered purchasing a music catalog of early Jackson 5 recordings and he saw investment potential in the warehouse of old costumes, yellowing papers, artwork, pictures and recordings. When he looked closer, however, he concluded that the most valuable thing Vintage Pop had was not a particular piece of memorabilia but the court decision.

As Mann saw it, whoever owned the company Jackson had sued, Vintage Pop, was forever immunized against intellectual property suits from Jackson or his heirs and had free rein to make money from Jackson's name.

"This is effectively a satellite estate. Its value is unfathomable," Mann said.
... / ...

Mann's theory hasn't been tested in court, but Loyola Law School professor Georgene Vairo said that from a civil procedure standpoint, Mann appears to be on solid legal ground.

"It's kind of like the civil equivalent of double jeopardy. You get one bite at the apple and that is it," said Vairo, a civil procedure expert. She said that by abandoning the case, Jackson "essentially forfeited his intellectual property."

"The law is rather unforgiving. [Estate lawyers] can argue that there is some reason why there should be a departure from the normal rule we'd apply, but they are going to have a tough row to hoe," she said.

Weitzman, the lawyer for the estate, said he disagreed with Mann's analysis but declined to elaborate.

Re: MJ Estate Sues Katherine Jackson's Business Partner Howard Mann

Just my 2 cents, but notice that Katherine is supposed to be Mann's business partner and the Estate only went after Mann. That maybe a clue to your question. I doubt the Estate would sue elderly grandma. They may write her a strict letter and have her sign it. One of the legal people here will know more.
I agree I dont think the estate wants to sue a grandma either..however..Katherine is proving to be Annie Oakley in disguise. I have a feeling she better get on board with the estate soon and STOP exploiting these children..otherwise she will find herself in the middle of a lawsuit and she wont like that. The estate's job is to look out for the financing future of MJ3...NOT Katherine and the whole damn Jackson clan....and they WILL continue to do just that..and if Katherine steps in their way..I am sure they wont have a problem suing her.

Last edited:

4 Michael sues him in 2004 or 2005, on copyright infringements, etc ... He sued Vaccaro for displaying the stuff and making money out of it. But after the trial, Michael somehow fails to make a deposition, his lawyers are not paid, they don't take care of the lawsuit (obviously, he must not have been aware of what was going on if it happened that way). A default judgement is entered against Michael, preventing him from sueing Vintage Pop again for the same reasons.

5 Vaccaro sold Vintage Pop to Mann, and Mann believes he has the right to use this stuff, and can't be sued for copyrights infringements, cybersquatting, etc...

I'm no legal-eagle, but in my opinion, here's the sticky part, as I see it.

Michael sued Vaccaro for "displaying the stuff and making money out of it," but that's not really what Howard Mann is doing, in a sense.

Howard Mann wants to sell T-Shirts, Calendars, Books and "whatever" else, plastering Michael's image/likeness on said items. He also wants to be able to sell recordings of Michael's music (we know that is not new music, but just the same).

In my opinion, those two things are different issues.

(Aside from putting Michael's belongs on display, did Vaccaro ever try and sell a T-Shirt or Calendar using Michael's likeness/image?)

well even if Mann wins, his intended customers aren't going to buy his crap merchandise so it will be like winning the battle but not winning the war.
I definitely agree with that.

Mrs. Jackson is losing POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS by the droves, due to her recent actions, in my opinion.

I'm no legal-eagle, but in my opinion, here's the sticky part, as I see it.

Michael sued Vaccaro for "displaying the stuff and making money out of it," but that's not really what Howard Mann is doing, in a sense.

Howard Mann wants to sell T-Shirts, Calendars, Books and "whatever" else, plastering Michael's image/likeness on said items. He also wants to be able to sell recordings of Michael's music (we know that is not new music, but just the same).

In my opinion, those two things are different issues.

(Aside from putting Michael's belongs on display, did Vaccaro ever try and sell a T-Shirt or Calendar using Michael's likeness/image?)

That's the point. If you read the Smoking Gun's link that Memefan gave, it's a lot clearer, but I'm no legal eagle either :

Michael sued Vintage pop for using his image to make money out of displaying his personal stuff (and at the time, Vaccaro was using the negative publicity of the alleagations..)

So, Mann's theory is, the estate can not sue again for the same reasons, so Mann feels he can use Michael's image, through Vintage Pop.

I have no idea if he has legal grounds to do it, I would think that if the estate is sueing him, they think they can win.

We would definitely need someone with more legal knowledge, and a copy of the default judgement against Michael, I guess.

Mrs. Jackson is losing POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS by the droves, due to her recent actions, in my opinion.

and not just fans- that's already happened. It's now getting into the mainstream media so regular people are getting clued up on this now too.

People power matters a hell of a lot, look at Egypt...

Does anyone know if that book is selling much or know anyone who has one?

Yep I agree, and the sooner Katherine decides to drop Howard the Leech Mann and Melissa the Fraud Johnson the better it will be for her and the kids. She thinks by dealing with these shady people it will earn her more money, but it will NOT. People/Fans are not going to support these creeps and the estate is going after herself and her 'partner'..How is that so hard for her to understand?

She just needs to work/co-operate with the estate and quit biting the hand that's feeding her. It's pathetic.

and not just fans- that's already happened. It's now getting into the mainstream media so regular people are getting clued up on this now too.

People power matters a hell of a lot, look at Egypt...

Does anyone know if that book is selling much or know anyone who has one?

In my opinion, the RUSH to purchase that book, came from "some" fans, in the VERY beginning. I personally believe that since the initial lauch, the book as stalled. I also believe that Katherine Jackson did herself a disservice when she decided to publish the book with Howard Mann, instead of a respectable Publishing House.

I mean, folks are more likely to buy a book from Barnes & Noble, then they are to REMEMBER that the book is only available from some little know website.

I also believe that Katherine Jackson has now offended her target audience, which would be US, so I don't see the book breaking any records, to be honest with you.

(On a side note: I heard some fans complain because the book is made up of pictures that they had already seen. They were disappointed and wished they could get their money back.)

So, Mann's theory is, the estate can not sue again for the same reasons, so Mann feels he can use Michael's image, through Vintage Pop.

I have no idea if he has legal grounds to do it, I would think that if the estate is sueing him, they think they can win.

Thanks for your input bouee, I appreciate it.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the Estate of Michael Jackson is also making some claims that don't have anything to do with the property Mann brought from Vaccaro.

Namely:

Publishing clips, artwork and trailers from the "THIS IS IT" movie on that website.

Publishing content from the "THRILLER 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION CD on that website.

Posting that FAKE unreleased song on the website.

Five-coprighted hand-drawings in the book.

I'm not sure about anything else, but in my opinion, regarding the items listed above, the Estate of Michael Jackson DOES have a leg to stand on.

And when it comes to Michael's music and that movie, the Estate also has Sony on it's side.

Now I'd love to see Howard Mann go up against not just the Estate, but Sony also. Homeboy will be left broke in the process, in my opinion.

thanks for that info.
Another thing. LOL!

As per the Estate's lawsuit, Howard Mann made the claim that he sold 25,000 copies in the first few days. Who knows if that number is even accurate. When it comes to Howard Mann, I personally don't believe a word he says.

When the book first came out, Mann was BRAGGING that the book would sell ONE MILLION+ COPIES.

The book "may" have very well sold 1-million+ copies, if it were published by a respectable publishing house and wasn't filled up with a bunch of pictures that folks had already seen.

A respectable publishing house would have handled this project the right way (including proper promotion and advertising), but I guess Katherine Jackson was just looking for a "quick buck" and that's exactly what she got, in my opinion.

yeah. I really can't see his merchandise doing all that well. I only hope it will be enough for him to decide to call it quits.

Michael knew the fans were everything to an artist and we can crush this satellite estate no problem.

Yep I agree, and the sooner Katherine decides to drop Howard the Leech Mann and Melissa the Fraud Johnson the better it will be for her and the kids. She thinks by dealing with these shady people it will earn her more money, but it will NOT. People/Fans are not going to support these creeps and the estate is going after herself and her 'partner'..How is that so hard for her to understand?

She just needs to work/co-operate with the estate and quit biting the hand that's feeding her. It's pathetic.

Sad thing is there are fans who don't take the time/effort to see a little further. I have seen several fans "angry" because the evil estate doesn't allow MJ3 and MJ's mother to suppor the HTWF that Michael loved so much :doh:
thanks for the info, guys, You really know a lot!! :flowers:

Sad thing is there are fans who don't take the time/effort to see a little further. I have seen several fans "angry" because the evil estate doesn't allow MJ3 and MJ's mother to suppor the HTWF that Michael loved so much
thanks for the info, guys, You really know a lot!!

You know what's funny. This is just MY opinion, of course.

But the "fans" who are angry about the Estate, ain't buying NOTHING from Mann's website. LOL! They are just on Mann's side because they hate the Estate.

I wonder how many of those "angry" fans every purchased anything off of that website. My bet would be: very little, to none. LOL!

I wonder how many of those "angry" fans every purchased anything off of that website. My bet would be: very little, to none. LOL!

I was wondering this same thing.

The book "may" have very well sold 1-million+ copies, if it were published by a respectable publishing house and wasn't filled up with a bunch of pictures that folks had already seen.

Not to mention they didn't bother to write anything special about Michael, it's just copy and paste from Katherine's book "My family"

Not to mention they didn't bother to write anything special about Michael, it's just copy and paste from Katherine's book "My family"
really??? Thats just terrible....the more stuff I hear like this..the more disgusted I get.

Here is the prelim-injuction from 2/18/10...ya gotta read it...

This is a page of it....

Beginning sometime in 2001, Ms. Johnson began her bizarre, unsolicited and deluded campaign to revive and insinuate her way into Jackson's foundation, as well as her harassment of Mr. Jackson and his representatives. In a July 2001 letter to Mr. Jackson's executive assistant, Evvy Tavesci, Ms. Johnson wrote:

"I would not be bothering Michael, nor did I, for Eight years because I just couldn't fully believe it all myself. But I have seen, in a 1993 near death-type experience, the future of many things...Michael will find me, and we will go to work for the Children of our Father. MICHAEL WILL NOT GO FORWARD WITH HEAL THE WORLD FOUNDATION WITHOUT ME."

Despite the fact that Ms. Tavesci did not respond to Ms. Johnson's overture to work with her, Ms. Johnson sent Ms. Tavesci another letter in December 2001, along with a video, insisting that Ms. Tavasci look at her materials regarding Heal the World Foundation.

No longer able to deal with Ms. Johnson's harassment, including Ms. Johnson's fraudulent representation of herself as Ms. Tavesci (by sending Mr. Jackson packages with Ms. Tavesci's name and return address) and Ms. Johnson's unannounced and uninvited appearance at Mr. Jackson's residence at Neverland Valley Ranch, Ms. Tavesci sought the help of Mr. Jackson's attorneys. In January 2002, attorneys for Mr. jackson advised Ms. Johnson that her "behavior and attempted communications with Mr. Jackson are harassing, highly inappropriate and constitutes a security risk to Jackson and his employees."

Ms. Johnson's lengthy reply included and "apology" to Ms. Tavesci for using her name and return address in an unsuccessful attempt to reach Mr. Jackson. Ms. Johnson also explained that she will not apologize to Mr. Jackson as "I am fairly certain that he had no discomfort, concern or annoyance from my attempts to get him this data."

She further stated that she "cannot agree to never again contact Mr. Jackson, as I happen to know through reliable sources, that he will very much want me to contact him, work with him and help him build his charity organization."

In April 2002, Ms. Johnson composed yet another five page, single-spaced letter to Ms. Tavesci. In it, Ms. Johnson attempted to justify her numerous harassing attempts at contacting Mr. Jackson by analogizing herself to a scientist who has discovered the cure for cancer, and Mr. Jackson to the President of the United States of America:

"I realize to most, going to Mr. Jackson's house, 'from your viewpoint' would seem intrusive and violating. From my viewpoint, the idea that I 'wouldn't go' is unthinkable and cowardice. It would be like you having the cure for cancer and having to convince the medical community first that although their genius minds had tried, that little ol [sic] you, who isn't established and known in the scientific and medical fields, have possession of something so important, and then to have to convince the heavily guarded President of the United States of your discovery."

Ms. Johnson goes on to explain that she trusted Mr. Jackson "[n]ot because he is a big super star, but because an Angel of God showed me who he is in the spirit world as well as on Earth..."

Finally, and in direct opposition to Defendants' statements in their Counterclaim, Ms. Johnson admits that the relationship between her, HTWF and Mr. Jackson is non-existent: "What I did was not the right action, as it exacerbated an already non-existent relationship and caused no good effects."

http://www.rosespeak...-Injunction.pdf

http://www.rosespeaks.com/downloads/Jackson/world/2-18-10-MOTION-Preliminary-Injunction.pdf

:fear:

http://lesliemjhu.blogspot.com/2011/03/michael-jackson-estate-vs-howard-mann.html

Michael Jackson Estate vs. Howard Mann - Updates

Howard Mann's lawyers responded to the Michael Jackson Estate's claims in the above titled case. Below you may read of some interesting points:

- Mann didn't infringe the This Is It copyrights, because it has been posted on a social media website (note: JacksonSecretVaults.com has not been marked as a social media website until the lawsuit has been filed. As well the image has been put into the website's layout, what's been owned by Mann's Canadian company).

- Mann claims that he is entitled to use the MJ drawings in Katherine Jackson's book, because he has a licence agreement from the material's co-owner.

- Mann refers on more points to the 2005 court order regarding the memorablia, and says that MJ even lost his property rights, interests and titles.

- Mann says that the pose in the Vintage Pop Media logo hasn't been invented by MJ, but it has been on for decades before him (note: this is a very weak excusion, who wouldn't think of MJ looking at the logo?).

- Mann claims that Katherine thanked for the MJ Estate in her book, because she thanked them for letting her preserving MJ's memories. And not for acting as MJ's Estate endorsed the book. (note: should I say anything?).

- Mann claims that MJ and Janet had ownerships in Jackson Communications Inc., the company that caused Henry Vaccaro's take over the family memorablia.

- Mann claims that the original Jackson family restaurant network was intended to be named as "Jackson Street".

- Mann confirms that Vaccaro is a member of Vintage Pop Media LLC, that currently owns the memorablia. He defines himself as a consultant of Vaccaro and business partner of Katherine.

- According to the documents MJ first wanted to get back his items in May, 2002. Two years later MJ's lawyers even started to threaten Vaccaro, because of exploiting his items.

- Mann claims that the MJ Estate or Sony might have violate their copyrights with releasing the Destiny song in 2009 (note: when did they get ahold of the copyrights of this song?).

- Mann claims on many points that MJ had the chance to remove his personal items from the collection, but refused to do so (note: then Mann's lawyers filed a 2002 court paper that clearly states: MJ's lawyers didn't know that any of his personal property left in the collection, and if anyone could sell them)

- Mann confirms that Vaccaro is a member of Vintage Pop Media LLC, that currently owns the memorablia. He defines himself as a consultant of Vaccaro and business partner of Katherine.

This is what has me worried big time

http://lesliemjhu.blogspot.com/2011/03/michael-jackson-estate-vs-howard-mann.html

Howard Mann's lawyers responded to the Michael Jackson Estate's claims in the above titled case. Below you may read of some interesting points:

- Mann didn't infringe the This Is It copyrights, because it has been posted on a social media website (note: JacksonSecretVaults.com has not been marked as a social media website until the lawsuit has been filed. As well the image has been put into the website's layout, what's been owned by Mann's Canadian company).

- Mann claims that he is entitled to use the MJ drawings in Katherine Jackson's book, because he has a licence agreement from the material's co-owner. The drawings are Michael's. Even if he gave them as gift to someone, he retained the copyright.

- Mann refers on more points to the 2005 court order regarding the memorablia, and says that MJ even lost his property rights, interests and titles.

- Mann says that the pose in the Vintage Pop Media logo hasn't been invented by MJ, but it has been on for decades before him (note: this is a very weak excusion, who wouldn't think of MJ looking at the logo?). Lies

- Mann claims that Katherine thanked for the MJ Estate in her book, because she thanked them for letting her preserving MJ's memories. And not for acting as MJ's Estate endorsed the book. (note: should I say anything?). Nice try

- Mann claims that MJ and Janet had ownerships in Jackson Communications Inc., the company that caused Henry Vaccaro's take over the family memorabilia.

- Mann claims that the original Jackson family restaurant network was intended to be named as "Jackson Street".

- Mann confirms that Vaccaro is a member of Vintage Pop Media LLC, that currently owns the memorablia. He defines himself as a consultant of Vaccaro and business partner of Katherine. Only a minority owner

- According to the documents MJ first wanted to get back his items in May, 2002. Two years later MJ's lawyers even started to threaten Vaccaro, because of exploiting his items.

- Mann claims that the MJ Estate or Sony might have violate their copyrights with releasing the Destiny song in 2009 (note: when did they get ahold of the copyrights of this song?). Is this some type of joke? How could the Estate or Sony violate copyrights when they are the owners. SMDH

- Mann claims on many points that MJ had the chance to remove his personal items from the collection, but refused to do so (note: then Mann's lawyers filed a 2002 court paper that clearly states: MJ's lawyers didn't know that any of his personal property left in the collection, and if anyone could sell them) Lies. MJ's people went to the warehouse to retrieve the items but Vaccaro lied to them, stating the items were stolen. There's a youtube clip

Another set of incompetent lawyers?

Last edited:

Call me crazy and plenty have but the estate is not suing that Vacarrio guy. And the judge who dismissed the suit that not grant them any kind off immunity for copyright infringement. This is why Weitzman was saying he can show the stuff in private but can't make money from it

- Mann claims that he is entitled to use the MJ drawings in Katherine Jackson's book, because he has a licence agreement from the material's co-owner.

- Mann says that the pose in the Vintage Pop Media logo hasn't been invented by MJ, but it has been on for decades before him (note: this is a very weak excusion, who wouldn't think of MJ looking at the logo?).

- Mann claims that Katherine thanked for the MJ Estate in her book, because she thanked them for letting her preserving MJ's memories. And not for acting as MJ's Estate endorsed the book. (note: should I say anything?).

- Mann claims that MJ and Janet had ownerships in Jackson Communications Inc., the company that caused Henry Vaccaro's take over the family memorablia.

- Mann claims that the MJ Estate or Sony might have violate their copyrights with releasing the Destiny song in 2009 (note: when did they get ahold of the copyrights of this song?).

- Mann claims on many points that MJ had the chance to remove his personal items from the collection, but refused to do so (note: then Mann's lawyers filed a 2002 court paper that clearly states: MJ's lawyers didn't know that any of his personal property left in the collection, and if anyone could sell them).

SOURCE

Call me crazy and plenty have but the estate is not suing that Vacarrio guy. And the judge who dismissed the suit that not grant them any kind off immunity for copyright infringement. This is why Weitzman was saying he can show the stuff in private but can't make money from it
I'm with you Justthefacts!

I'm no legal eagle, but still, just reading Mann's answers to the Estate's lawsuit, sounds like a lot of "MUMBLE-JUMBLE" to me. Talking in circles and saying nothing!

All of that has nothing to do with the fact that Mann is trying to sell T-Shirts and whatnot using Michael's likeness and image.

The use of material from the "This Is It" movie, and use of material from the "Thriller-25th Anniversay" project, have nothing to do with Mann's purchase from Vaccaro.

I realize that Sony gave the Estate of Michael Jackson their permission to pursue claims related to them, but at this point, I would LOVE for Sony to file their OWN lawsuit against Howard Mann.

Let his behind receive pressure, individually, for all those who have a vested interest in this matter!

Re: Michael Jackson Estate vs. Howard Mann - Updates

It's all about the money:yes:

I just got the copy of Mann's response. Leslie did a wonderful summary. Let me post some additional information and copy-paste some quotes directly from Mann's response so that you can see the unbelievability of it yourselves.

- Mann is asking for the dismissal of the case mainly based on Michael tried and lost the case before and in some instances estate failed to send then cease and desist letter first.

- For Michael's 5 paintings they say the co-owner is Brett Livingstone Strong and that they got his permission to publish them.

- Exact quote about Michael's pose used in their logo

"Additionally, Michael Jackson was not the inventor or creator of this dance move -- or look -- or pose. It has been around for decades (or even longer) and has been used by countless dancers and musical entertainers before Michael Jackson ever started using it in some of his routines. That same dance move -- or look -- or pose was recently utilized in the choreography showcased in the movie entitled “Step Up 2” by the cast of street dancers featured in it."

- Exact quote about Katherine's Book and her thank you to the Estate

"Because the Estate is paying Katherine mere pennies on the millions of dollars the executors of Michael Jackson’s estate are taking – and keeping -- all for themselves, to themselves, she wanted to thank them for letting her preserve her memoirs as Michael’s mother for all of Michael’s fans. But apparently the “Estate” did not want Katherine Jackson to preserve her memories of her son and her family between the covers of a book and make it available for purchase by Michael’s fans. So the Estate’s trustees have stooped to filing suit against Mrs. Jackson’s business partners for what they deem ‘damages’ due the Estate of Michael Jackson arising from Michael’s own mother’s book sales. What is most germane in this case is that the Estate of Michael Jackson is supposed to exist and operate for the benefit of its beneficiaries, to wit: Katherine Jackson and Michael Jackson’s three children – not for the benefit and unjust enrichment of the Plaintiffs (trustees) who brought this suit on behalf of the Estate of Michael Jackson. Katherine Jackson has every right to use the materials in her book for money she desperately needs to protect and provide for herself and the children’s upkeep, since the Trustees are not adequately providing for her and
Michael’s children
."

- Important note: Here Mann cites only the allowance of Katherine as money being given to her. He doesn't mention children's allowance, staff salaries, money given for holidays, renovations, mortgage, loan to Katherine etc etc.

Thank you very much for the breakdown ivy.

Howard Mann is a CLOWN to the 1st degree and I just don't see this ending well for Katherine Jackson.

In my opinion, it's not the Estate that Katherine has to watch, it's HER PARTNER!

There will come a time when she will not be able to keep up with the demands her contract with Howard Mann ask for and he is going to turn on her with a quickness.

Mark my words!

P.S. I also don't believe that every member of the Jackson family is behind this Howard Mann deal (they ALL see the lack of support this has caused) and that TOO will be adding to Katherine's eventual fall-out with Mr. Mann.

"Because the Estate is paying Katherine mere pennies on the millions of dollars the executors of Michael Jackson’s estate are taking – and keeping -- all for themselves, to themselves, she wanted to thank them for letting her preserve her memoirs as Michael’s mother for all of Michael’s fans. But apparently the “Estate” did not want Katherine Jackson to preserve her memories of her son and her family between the covers of a book and make it available for purchase by Michael’s fans. So the Estate’s trustees have stooped to filing suit against Mrs. Jackson’s business partners for what they deem ‘damages’ due the Estate of Michael Jackson arising from Michael’s own mother’s book sales. What is most germane in this case is that the Estate of Michael Jackson is supposed to exist and operate for the benefit of its beneficiaries, to wit: Katherine Jackson and Michael Jackson’s three children – not for the benefit and unjust enrichment of the Plaintiffs (trustees) who brought this suit on behalf of the Estate of Michael Jackson. Katherine Jackson has every right to use the materials in her book for money she desperately needs to protect and provide for herself and the children’s upkeep, since the Trustees are not adequately providing for her and
Michael’s children
."
someones got a complex :tease::doh::rofl:

Back