MJ Estate Sues Tohme Tohme / Tohme Countersues / Tohme's Complaint [Merged]

ivy;4101481 said:
you might want to re-read my posts especially what I copied below. My position cannot be summarized as "commissioner decision minus TII portion", I also expressed several possible scenarios in which he shouldn't be paid anything. That's what you fail to acknowledge.

Not only did I acknowledge it, I predicted it.

Tygger;4101437 said:
Will you or can you truly maintain I am the only fan ever to side with Tohme based on your statement above? Should I expect a post redefining MJ fandom or should I expect a post attempting to explain how an agreement with the Labor Commissioner’s decision minus the TII portion is somehow not siding with Tohme? Most likely an expansion beyond the decision to include other Tohme claims to distance oneself from agreeing with portions of the Commissioner's decision which is what my recent posts focused on.

laughs

You are very defensive against being characterized as siding with Tohme despite quickly characterizing me the same.

Indeed.

Re: MJ Estate sues Tohme Tohme / Tohme countersues / Tohme's complaint @pg 14

Not only did I acknowledge it, I predicted it.

Predicted? I wrote that post 2 days ago. If you read it, you should already know it.

very defensive

do you really think a 2 sentence post is "very" and "defensive"? lol. There's nothing to be defensive about as well. I repeatedly wrote I'm okay with Tohme getting paid tens of millions if indeed everything was properly done. I'm also okay with him not being paid a single dime, if there was any wrongdoing on his part. and that's what my position is right now. I just want discovery, more information first.

tumblr_inline_n4og1jpo3b1s542ce.gif

Ivy, I correctly predict your response.

Good for you.

Could it be we (to clarify: you and I) agree that I correctly predicted your response AND we (to clarify: you and I and others you mentioned for your reasons) agree on portions of the Labor Commissioner's decision that do not reference TII?

Do not fret; I will not accuse you (and others you mentioned for your reasons) of siding with Tohme because you (and others you mentioned for your reasons) agree with said portions of the Commissioner's decision.

Could it be we (to clarify: you and I) agree

no, I made myself very clear about where I stand and I won't repeat myself because if you don't get what I'm saying by now, you'll never get it.

I was just trying to end this exchange with that post but I guess it was predicted that you wouldn't let this go and will go on and on and on in an desperate attempt to have the last word. So carry on.

Ivy, apologies, you are stating you do not agree with a conjunction statement. Are you disagreeing with the former statement, the latter statement, or both statements?

The first statement is a point of view about my prediction (which was correct) so, it is understandable if you prefer to disagree despite my prediction being correct.

The second statement is a fact: we (to clarify: you and I and others you mentioned for your reasons) agree on portions of the Labor Commissioner's decision that do not reference TII so, it would be confusing if you prefer to disagree.

Yawn...

I think you are just better not replying as ppl get bored if they can only talk to themselves Instead of trying to incite those who are providing info for the good of those who support mj

Thanks for the updated Ivy i agree Tohme should get nothing for TII

I understand that Tohme was introduced to Michael by Jermaine? I wonder what the connection is between Jermaine and these art appraisers? The original article is dated June 2014.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CELEBRATING MIR APPRAISAL’S 20TH ANNIVERSARY: BUILDING A BUSINESS

June 27th, 2014 · 8:26 am @ MIR Appraisal - No Comments

In honor of our 20th anniversary, each month we will present a favorite story from our 20 years in business. This month’s installment details the growth of our business over time and the clients, associates, and other colleagues who have made this growth possible.

When Director & Senior Appraiser Farhad Radfar founded MIR Appraisal Services more than 20 years ago, he envisioned an organization devoted to in-depth research and analysis. Although the appraisal business has changed substantially in the recent past, particularly due to rapid technological advances like the internet and digital photography, MIR Appraisal’s dedication to research as a cornerstone of the appraisal process has never wavered and remains a primary part of our business, even today. Furthermore, in a field where most appraisers work independently, Mr. Radfar sought to create a collaborative environment of professional appraisers and researchers that would allow us to approach complex and large cases with a spirit of teamwork and the ability to consider multiple points of view.

As MIR Appraisal’s staff and brand gained recognition in the Chicagoland area, our client base began to expand rapidly to include local insurance agents and adjusters, law firms, and other organizations in the area. Whether writing appraisal reports to support insurance claims for fire, flood, or other disasters, or preparing to testify as an expert witness as part of a court case, MIR Appraisal’s team tackled each challenge with proper care and consideration, and as always maintained a focus on research that was unmatched by others in the field.

Today, we are thrilled to offer appraisal and consultation services to organizations such as the American College of Surgeons, the American Bar Association, Ronald McDonald House Charities, and others. Our roster of private clients also includes notable art collectors with important collections, including the Jackson family, as well as high-profile contemporary artists such as Brett-Livingstone Strong and Davood Roostaei. We are also frequently consulted by news agencies to provide expert commentary on art and appraisal-related issues. We have firmly established ourselves as a leading authority within the art and appraisal field, and we are proud to share our expertise with others on both a local and national scale.

http://[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/p5mV5sHjj][/URL]

From left to right: Artist Davood Roostaei, artist Brett-Livingstone Strong, musician & producer Jermaine Jackson, and MIR Appraisal Director Farhad Radfar
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BLS has a history of using his own artworks as collateral for financial loans (eg to create large and expensive monuments). The quotation below is from Eric Finzi,another art appraiser used by BLS.

I wonder why half of the value of the Jackson-Strong (MJ drawings) collection could not have been used as collateral against the mortgage on Neverland?

------------------------------------------------------------------
This (BLS' s own) exceptional collection of original works of fine art is in pristine condition and has indeed increased 10 percent. I have determined this valuable signed limited edition collection has remained
constant since the 1998-99 retail values of $5000 per signed print and up to $7500 per signed artist proof. These works will certainly increase with the artist’s continuing public exposure. With the announcement of the Statue of Freedom project in the near future, Brett-Livingstone Strong’s entirecollection will instantly increase 20 percent. The works also retain large market value due to their history as collateral in a major financial loan.It is therefore my professional opinion that if this rare intact major collection remains a whole as collateral for yet another loan in connection to the Artist’s Statue of Freedom Monument, the collection will have achieved an invaluable pedigree not only for future sales to the international art market and individual collectors but to the major international Contemporary Fine Art Museums as well.

Last edited:

Maybe we found the motive of why Jermaine's wife bit him recently. Thome and Jermaine, Jermaine and Thome. Now to add to that, Brett Livingstone Strong and standing in the background with an art book in hand, in Germany, Dieter Wiesner. Why is it that the cast of crooked businessmen, who had dealings with Michael Jackson, keep rearing their ugly heads?

Hopefully the lawsuits against Thome by the Estate of Michael Jackson will put an end to these unscrupulous business dealings or at least keep it to one country. That way not too many innocent souls will give their money gleefully to a Thome business dealing, including art work of the late Michael Jackson.

Michael-s-Drawings-michael-jackson-7503461-480-672.jpg

Yes it always seems that the same ugly thieves keep popping up with their dirty little hands all over MJ's property. Good for the Estate for trying to shut them down.

There are some new articles saying Michael's art is about to be sold.

I hope that's not the case, especially when the ownership issue is still not legally sorted.

respect77;4129342 said:
Does he? I can't see anything in the article saying he supports this.

I was talking about this section

Many people don’t know that Michael Jackson, besides being the King of Pop, was also a talented artist. His mentor in the art world was Brett-Livingstone Strong, with whom he created the Jackson-Strong Alliance collection,” said Jeffrey Gurian, whom McBratney calls “my Jewish consigliere . . . He advises me on everything I do.”

But re-reading it again you are right. McBratney is talking about Gurian and not BLS. (Initially I read it as BLS advises him)

So he buys artwork of Ebay of all places, from some women down in Mexico who claims she got them from Sony and then has them verified through an authentication service (who no doubt will authenticate anything for a price). No wonder the Estate didn't comment. Not worth their time.
But then again Pagesix is owned by Murdoch's Newscorp who also owns the New York Post, so theres that.

ivy;4129361 said:
I was talking about this section

Many people don’t know that Michael Jackson, besides being the King of Pop, was also a talented artist. His mentor in the art world was Brett-Livingstone Strong, with whom he created the Jackson-Strong Alliance collection,” said Jeffrey Gurian, whom McBratney calls “my Jewish consigliere . . . He advises me on everything I do.”

But re-reading it again you are right. McBratney is talking about Gurian and not BLS. (Initially I read it as BLS advises him)

Yes. I think they just quote BLS from whatever source. Doesn't seem like he is directly involved in this.

ETA: In fact, he seems to be outraged by this: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...ckson/page13?p=4129411&viewfull=1#post4129411

Last edited:

How long will this go on what a waste of time. I be glad when all these lawsuits are over and maybe just maybe the Estate can really move forward but i got this feel it still may be awhile.

I hate to see people get taken over junk like this but the Estate might not fool with it, since they have real art to worry about.

Judge Allows Michael Jackson's Ex-Manager to Amend Complaint Against Estate
The late King of Pop's former manager says he's owed a share of gross receipts and a finder's fee for a Neverland Ranch bank loan.

The late King of Pop's former manager says he's owed a share of gross receipts and a finder's fee for a Neverland Ranch bank loan.
Michael Jackson's Estate and his former manager Tohme Tohme will see another day in court, after a judge granted the estate's motion to strike in its entirety but gave Tohme's attorneys ten days to amend their complaint.

The motion to strike centers on attorneys fees, which Tohme argues he's entitled to under an indemnity agreement with Jackson. The estate holds that clause only applies to Tohme defending against or investigating third-party claims relating to powers of attorney.

"Tohme cannot possibly use the Indemnity Agreement to recover attorneys' fees in a dispute with Jackson or his heirs or executors wherein Tohme seeks compensation for services he allegedly rendered to Jackson," writes Howard Weitzman in the motion.

Los Angeles County Superior Court judge Mitchell L. Beckloff largely agreed with the estate and granted the motion to strike, but denied a demurrer on the issue.

The legal battle began in 2012 with dueling lawsuits debating whether Tohme's work in the final years of Jackson's life was for the pop icon's benefit or his own.

Tohme contends he is entitled to 15 percent of Jackson’s gross receipts, including money the estate earned after the performer’s death, and also a 10 percent finder’s fee for a loan buyout connected to Neverland Ranch.

Jackson’s Estate paints Tohme as inexperienced and self-serving and claims Jackson fired him months before his death.

Proceedings were put on hold while the California Labor Commission investigated claims that Tohme was acting as an agent, not a manager, in violation of the Talent Agencies Act.

In February 2015, Beckloff partially lifted the stay and put the proceedings concerning Neverland Ranch back in motion.

In July the Labor Commission found the management agreement between Jackson and Tohme is partially illegal and severance of the illegal portion of the agreement would cut Tohme’s commissions in half.

Trial is scheduled to begin May 3.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/judge-allows-michael-jacksons-manager-878811

Thanks ivy. And it goes on and on and... amendnent number 2467854.

The motion to strike centers on attorneys fees, which Tohme argues he's entitled to under an indemnity agreement with Jackson. The estate holds that clause only applies to Tohme defending against or investigating third-party claims relating to powers of attorney.

"Tohme cannot possibly use the Indemnity Agreement to recover attorneys' fees in a dispute with Jackson or his heirs or executors wherein Tohme seeks compensation for services he allegedly rendered to Jackson," writes Howard Weitzman in the motion.
-----------------------

So Tohme was looking money from the estate to pay his attorney fees? Thats' something:bugeyed
Weitzman had a good reply.

Ivy, what happens next as judge gave Tohme 10 days to amend and he files it after 10 days, and then what?

I knew it was something wrong with this lawsuit. I am glad the judge agree with the Estate on this.

Here we go again another amend.

Last edited:

Ivy, I was checking what is going on with this case and noticed that this:
Parties
1224 LLC - Respondent
COLONY CAPITAL LLC - Respondent

CC and 1224 LLC (Neverland?) are added recently or have they always been there?
Does that mean Tohme is suing CC too?

No he is not suing them.

You'll also see this

03/30/2016 Opposition (TO MTN TO COMPEL )
Filed by Attorney for Respondent

long story short, someone asked discovery from Colony Capital and it seems like they are opposing it.

Aha, thanks.

Last time judge told to Tohme to amend his complaint and gave ten days to do so, which is up on Saturday. Tome will amend his complaint, then the estate files another demurrer or what is the proceeding or does it go to trial without demurrer?

I tell you all of these ppls looking to be paid sad so sad.:(

Thanks ivy. And it goes on and on and... amendnent number 2467854.

Yes it seems so:-(
04/11/2016 First Amended Complaint (FIRST AMENDED COMPLAINT )
Filed by Attorney for Plaintiff

If I remember right, they can amend their complaints 3 times?
Tohme trial was supposed to start next month but Future hearings shows this

07/08/2016 at 09:30 am in department M at 1725 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401
Trial Setting Conference(AND MEDIATION STATUS)

Might as well set my mind that this case will be sorted out next year and year after:timer:

Back