Murray Documentary "Michael Jackson and the Doctor"

Re: MSNBC to air Murray Documentary "Michael Jackson and the Doctor" / Interview part 1 transcript @

Its airing tonight on Channel 4. Someone needs to make a list of companies advertising in the breaks and we need to boycott.

Re: MSNBC to air Murray Documentary "Michael Jackson and the Doctor" / Interview part 1 transcript @

Its airing tonight on Channel 4. Someone needs to make a list of companies advertising in the breaks and we need to boycott.

the interview or documentary? I think UK has a separate interview?

What kind of doctor publicly mocks his patients health problems? This is disgusting!

It's a clear HIPPA violation. Isn't it?

Obviously, the crockumentary is going to air. We must continue to write, call, send emails, and must be firm in boycotting advertisers for the show. It's not OVER.

Isn't it the same interview?

It's a clear HIPPA violation. Isn't it?

Yes, but what else can you expect from a now convicted felon. And people who watch it and choose to believe a convicted felon talking about the crime he committed, must be insane anyway. Like those women who send letters to killers and serial killers in prison.

how many times has Klien violated the HIPPA laws and no one bothered to do anything to him . Murray knows he will get away with it, in fact he already did and he does not care what Pastor might think about him , he knew when he gave the interview if convicted Pastor was goinging to send him to jail. How much Murray is going to stay in jail is thanks to the ridiculous new laws out of Pastor's hands , it's up to the Sheriff to determine whether he stays in a jail or at his home.

Channel 4 are airing the documentary tonight with a renaming to "The Man Who Killed Michael Jackson".

I will watch just to see what BS will be spread around because of it.

toy10.jpg

so UK is airing it before US? Is there a online streaming link for the UK broadcast so that I can transcribe it?

The doc. But we're advertising it as 'The Man Who Killed Michael Jackson.'

@Ivy, I thought you had seen it, I was going to ask if this sounded like what you had watched.

[h=2]The Man Who Killed Michael Jackson[/h][h=2]Cast and Crew Information[/h][h=3]Crew[/h]DirectorTom Roberts

Broadcast just days after the trial of Dr Conrad Murray returned a guilty verdict for the involuntary manslaughter of Michael Jackson, this powerful and dramatic documentary explores the relationship between the King of Pop and his personal physician, with exclusive access to Dr Murray and his defence.
The documentary has filmed with Murray and followed him throughout the trial itself, away from the glare of the public spotlight.
The film explores Jackson's private world where the controversial use of powerful medication was a way of life, where a man adored by millions lived as a virtual recluse and where an unknown cardiologist from Las Vegas found himself the unexpected companion, confidante and intimate to one of the most famous men in the world.
When Michael Jackson died on 25 June 2009 only two people were in the room: Jackson and Dr Conrad Murray. This observational and independent documentary uncovers the fatal friendship behind the headlines and reveals the chain of events that led to one man dead and the other fighting a losing battle for his reputation and freedom.
The documentary is preceded by a 15-minute interview in which Dr Murray's version of events is explored and challenged by respected journalist Steve Hewlett.

They say it's coming to 4oD as soon as it's aired. Never used it but I think this is it. http://www.channel4.com/programmes/tags/documentaries/4od/popular

I emailed Channel 4 the letter from the Estate last night and received a response earlier today (I just got home).

Dear Mr _______,

Thank you for contacting Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries regarding the upcoming documentary, THE MAN WHO KILLED MICHAEL JACKSON.

We are aware of this letter and I appreciate your further comments but this programme will be broadcast as planned at 10pm this evening.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us. We appreciate all feedback from our viewers; complimentary or otherwise.

Regards, Dylan Redmond Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries

The documentary will air over here in 3 hours.

so UK is airing it before US? Is there a online streaming link for the UK broadcast so that I can transcribe it?

Yes it's on Channel 4 in just under 3 hours. Australia showed it this morning I think (UK time).

ok. so I'll repeat my request. any online streaming links for it that would work in US? or can anyone record video/audio for me so that I can transcribe it?

ok. so I'll repeat my request. any online streaming links for it that would work in US? or can anyone record video/audio for me so that I can transcribe it?

Is that not what I gave you?

Just saw a promo for it on MSNBC. It's titled: "The Doctor and Michael Jackson." (no, "killed" in the title). They are going ahead with it, and advertising it.

Just saw a promo for it on MSNBC. It's titled: "The Doctor and Michael Jackson." (no, "killed" in the title). They are going ahead with it, and advertising it.

Oh good, they already cleared Murray's name.He didn't kill Michael anymore:sad:

No one should watch it. Keep their ratings as low as we can. Otherwise, the whole campaign will have been pointless. :(

Conrad Murray gave NBC interviews without telling attorneys

Dr. Conrad Murray's criminal defense attorneys said they did not know their client had agreed to wide-ranging interviews about Michael Jackson's death in the final days of his manslaughter trial.The interviews were with NBC and a British outlet as part of a controversial documentary, "Michael Jackson and the Doctor: A Fatal Friendship," which is scheduled to air Friday.
The attorneys said Murray had been warned about "the dangers of talking about June 25th" — the day the singer died.
"They just didn't tell me because they know I'd freak out," said lead defense attorney Ed Chernoff, who said he learned of the interviews when portions aired on NBC the morning after the verdict was handed down.
Questions have arisen about the documentary – how much Murray was paid and whether proceeds funded his defense.
<!-- sphereit end -->Those involved in the documentary refused to discuss details of the deal with Murray. They repeatedly reiterated a statement by October Films, the London-based production company, that it paid only a nominal $1 fee to Murray. Chernoff said he sought advice from the California State Bar before agreeing to be filmed. The doctor began providing him money, he said, but he never asked about the source.
"It wasn't pertinent to what I was doing," he said. Asked whether he assumed the money came from the documentary, Chernoff replied, "I can't say that because I don't know for sure."
The estate of Michael Jackson sent a letter Wednesday to executives at NBC, MSNBC and its parent company, Comcast, demanding that the network cancel the documentary. Jackson's siblings have described the documentary as "shameless."
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...-nbc-interviews-without-telling-attorney.html

http://www.tvcatchup.com/channels.html
This streams all UK freeview channels but I'm not sure if it works outside the UK.

I tried to sign up I got this answer :Sorry ...

Unfortunately, your country is not currently supported.

At this time, TVCatchup is available only in the United Kingdom.

chernoff is a damn liar, he knew but he does not want to make any explanations to Pastor .

For the luvva God, "watching/not watching" has NOTHING to do with ratings! What do people THINK, that the "tv police" somehow have a record of what they WATCH? "They" only know ratings/who's watching from something called a Nielson Survey, that can keep track of television-viewing. Otherwise, NOBODY knows, ok? You have to sign up for/agree to be a part of the Nielson Survey. Otherwise, what you watch on tv is entirely private. Jeez!

The way to punish MSNBC is to call, email, write, text, and FAX, and to boycott buying products advertised on MSNBC.

No one should watch it. Keep their ratings as low as we can. Otherwise, the whole campaign will have been pointless. :(

Ratings are important and I wont be watching it.

Edited to add
Without high ratings the programme wont be repeated and they will think twice about airing another programme on a similar subject.

Last edited:
Re: Michael Jackson & the Doctor - Australia Channel 9

I emailed Channel 9, Channel 4 and MSNBC. Got basically non-answers back from Channel 9 & Channel 4. Haven't gotten any response from MSNBC yet, if at all. Hopefully this documentary will just backfire on him. I eagerly await Judge Pastor's thoughts on the 29th.

For the luvva God, "watching/not watching" has NOTHING to do with ratings! What do people THINK, that the "tv police" somehow have a record of what they WATCH? "They" only know ratings/who's watching from something called a Nielson Survey, that can keep track of television-viewing. Otherwise, NOBODY knows, ok? You have to sign up for/agree to be a part of the Nielson Survey. Otherwise, what you watch on tv is entirely private. Jeez!

The way to punish MSNBC is to call, email, write, text, and FAX, and to boycott buying products advertised on MSNBC.

True. Nobody knows what you watch unless you agree to be part of a Nieson survey.

True. Nobody knows what you watch unless you agree to be part of a Nieson survey.

Of COURSE.
I know people here are sincere, but honestly, NOBODY but those you tell, could possibly know what you watch on tv. Watching/not watching will be a matter of personal choice (i.e. gathering ammunition), but not watching because of RATINGS has no impact at all. Nobody KNOWS, ok?

(edit) There are a whole lotta things to worry about, but "adding to tv ratings by watching a program" is NOT one of them. . .

Last edited:

I have never heard of any survey, I don't think that's how it works in the UK. But of course it's not the only action that is important

It's not a survey as such (well it is, but probably not the type you're thinking of), it's a box that sits in your room which records what you watch, or figures can be measure using viewer diaries. If you haven't agreed to be part of the survey Nielsen won't have given you a box. If you don't have a box then watching a TV programme (or not) will have no impact on ratings at all. Therefore all these people saying they're not going to watch it because they don't want to increase viewing figures are kinda missing the point unless they are part of the Nielsen survey - so it doesn't matter if they watch it or not. That's why it's so important to email/txt/fax/phone the network. By doing that you have a positive affect on influencing their view of viewer opinion.

BTW it does work the same in the UK, only it's BARB here not nielsen.

Of course, if you were to stream the programme online, either from the network's own site or from YouTube, that is easily measurable and would count if they were included in the official ratings figures (I don't think they are at the moment).

Last edited:
Back