Murray's Arraignment - all threads merged

Re: Press Conference this afternoon [Charges To Be Filed Monday Feb 8]

I also pray you are right Trish.

FIRST OF ALL people when Mike was arrested it was Tom Senddon and the SBPD NOT the LAPD r the DA in la...

Well, someone's pulling our legs. Maybe more than one party. With the press conference, the grandstanding, and the talk about "security concerns", I wonder whether Chernoff's goal is to create a circus that will get him a change of venue. If he can engineer a scene in LA in which angry fans swarm and boo him and his client, he can claim that Murray won't get a fair trial in LA County. The DA may be trying to head this off.

If that is what he is thinking, Michael's fans are everywhere and will travel to anywhere to see that justice is served.
No where to run MURRAY and no where to hide.

I hope Monday is finally the day we have waited 7 months for.

Re: Press Conference this afternoon

ohh boohoo they are "caught in the middle." I don't give a shit how they feel. What about Michael's children? The fans? :smilerolleyes: unbelievable.

I can't believe Murray's lawyers. They keep doin' this crap for people to have sympathy for Murray! Well, not gonna work on me, that's for sure.

LAPD/DA need to get their shit together. I'm really gettin' pissed off.

Exactly, I don't think that's even a problem.

The upshot is that maybe TMZ is very wrong about the charge being filed. If it were simply a Involuntary Manslaughter charge it would have been filed already. So maybe the charges and case is a bit more complicated than we think and that it's taking time to get it all pounded out. I just hope that the charges will be stacked against Murray .

But yo, I've never seen such tomfuckery in all my life. Michael was handcuffed and thrown in jail within HOURS and here the D.A. is negotiating with Murray on how he should surrender BEFORE charges are even filed. What a load of B.S.

Trish, I thought of thought too. I think this is a feud concerning the charge of murder.

Last edited:

They are just gonna drive people mad.

It's not like fans and the jacksons are gonna let this slip so LAPD and DA - get a move on!

They arrested Michael, an innocent man, just like that but it's been eight months and they still haven't arrested a killer.

Pshhhhhhhttt. So much for "justice".

You guys all need to read that article in the other thread... :no: It's not looking good behind the scenes...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-sto...s-internal-war/

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-sto...bsa:moreauthor1

...A retired senior Los Angeles police official and a Los Angeles-based defense attorney, both familiar with the specifics of the Michael Jackson death probe, describe a series of angry battles, encompassing which DA would handle the case, what charges should be brought and whether to go to a grand jury or have a preliminary hearing. This partly explains the long delay in moving forward with the case, which has puzzled so many observers. These fights, the sources said, even pitted prosecutors against their own Bureau of Investigation. Such accounts dovetail with a TMZ report yesterday that the DA's office has been feuding with the L.A. Police Department, and that today's anticipated arraignment of Dr. Murray might even be indefinitely postponed due to disagreements between the two about how he should be arrested and processed.

The defense attorney said that war among the prosecutors started last September, three months after the pop superstar died of a drug overdose. The first skirmish, a winner-take-all affair, featured two of the DA office's most powerful figures, Major Crimes's territorial chief, Patrick Dixon, and William Hodgman, the chief of Target Crimes. After Jackson's death, the Los Angeles police had dealt only with the Target Crimes Division, which describes itself as doing work on arson, crimes against peace officers, stalking and threat assessment, and child abductions. It is not clear why Target Crimes got the case in the first place. But Dixon was adamant that his Major Crimes unit, which handles all celebrity cases, should have jurisdiction. When Hodgman dug in his heels, the dispute escalated straight to the desk of the District Attorney, Steve Cooley.

Cooley, the son of an FBI agent and a career prosecutor, is the first Los Angeles County District Attorney in 70 years to be re-elected to a third term. He has a no-nonsense reputation, and sided with Dixon, much to the chagrin of Target Crimes, which had by then put in more than two months of work...

..."I had a warm relationship with Hodgman,"; Chernoff told me. The two exchanged information, and worked together in vain to try and stop the late August release of a sealed search warrant in Houston. Hodgman had even promised to call Chernoff and discuss the case before the DA settled on any charges.

The move to Major Crimes may have ended the fight over turf, but once it was there, more problems followed. David Walgren, a respected veteran who is also handling the Roman Polanski case, took on the assignment. He had no rapport with Chernoff as a starter.

“When I would call him and say, ‘Hi, this is Ed Chernoff. What’s going on?’ He would say, ‘No comment.’ I’m not kidding. He wouldn’t talk to me at all.”

Chernoff wasn’t the only one having trouble adjusting to Walgren. Throughout the fall, Walgren was at odds with Dominick Rivetti, Chief of the DA’s Bureau of Investigation. According to the former police official, who counts many current members of the DA's office as friends, some of Rivetti's investigators had dubbed the Jackson probe "a sh it case," and thought that if it were not for public and family pressure, there might not even have been a probe.

"Eight months of a costly investigation, in a bankrupt state," one prominent defense attorney told me, "they have no choice but to deliver an indictment or there would be hell to pay."

Walgren, according to the police official, had contentious meetings with Rivetti's investigators, sometimes irate that they were

-unable to draw a firm consensus on the medical evidence needed for a higher charge.

-He was also disappointed when he initially reviewed the police evidence, which reportedly included conflicting conversations with medical experts to determine whether Murray's behavior in his treatment of Jackson, especially on the fatal night, fell outside the bounds of reasonable medical practice.

- And he was disappointed, says the police official, to discover that investigators had determined that Murray's medical past did not include a large dispensing history of opiates or pain pills—the types that were prescribed in significant amounts to Jackson by other physicians.

It's a MUST read. ^

^ i would take that article with a grain of salt, that's the same man who was defending murray months ago and claimed michael may have injected himself.

I do think, however, that it's taking long because they aren't sure if they should file for manslaughter or murder.

What can we as Fans do...?

I do think, however, that it's taking long because they aren't sure if they should file for manslaughter or murder.
it should be 2nd degree murder. i don't think he planned to kill michael but he acted so recklessly that he had to know that he could kill michael which he ended up doing. also it's not like he gave him propofol once, this has been going on for weeks and if michael hadn't died he would have continued to administer this.

If that is what he is thinking, Michael's fans are everywhere and will travel to anywhere to see that justice is served.
No where to run MURRAY and no where to hide.
It's not the fans that are truly at issue, but the nature of the jury pool.

Everyone if ur religious or not i really think on Sunday we should all say a prayer that this will go ahead on monday

it should be 2nd degree murder. i don't think he planned to kill michael but he acted so recklessly that he had to know that he could kill michael which he ended up doing. also it's not like he gave him propofol once, this has been going on for weeks and if michael hadn't died he would have continued to administer this.

I think he knew EXACTLY what he was doing : him and some sick people spreading some dirty money about behind the scenes.:evil:

You guys all need to read that article in the other thread... :no: It's not looking good behind the scenes...

Of course it isn't! There's a chance this fool will be charged with something more serious.

What else could such a delay be about?

^ No, I mean, I think it's not looking good for us and it is looking good for Murray. I think the hold-up may be one side wants to charge him with IM and one side wants to just reprimand him or whatever would be the lesser offense.

^ No, I mean, I think it's not looking good for us and it is looking good for Murray. I think the hold-up may be one side wants to charge him with IM and one side wants to just reprimand him or whatever would be the lesser offense.

How do you know this?

I don't think that's the case. Why would there be such a feud between charging him with IM and reprimanding him. And the side that wants to let him go easy, why would they care so much?

I believe this is about murder. That would definately explain things.

TMZ are talkin that the LAPD fear Dr Murray could flee thats why the LAPD want to arrest him.. they also stated that things may have worked out between the DA and LAPD if they DA have announced they will file the charges Monday

I agree with Gaz, this can't just be a manslaughter charge. It surely has to be murder2.
Murray did the job & will be out in 4 years a rich man. Makes me so angry.

Back