My This Is It Review

No matter what would have been put out the fans here wouldn't be happy
mjs gone nothing will ever make me happy. im happy for those who get all excited about "new" music but for some of us is was about the person not the just the music. and considering what has happened i really couldnt care less or get exicted about anything anymore.how can you

Ne-Yo.??? Ne-Yo is crap on a stick!!! Please Sony release the 80s stuff I don´t think a Ne-Yo song can be good.

THis is it sounds better than anything on invincible!!

I hope this don't happen.... that was the most deppresing .... i'm tired of 80s...

As happy as I am to hear some "new" material...I was pretty disappointined when I heard the track. It just sounded so bland to me.

Call me ungrateful or whatever, its how I feel. I listened to it at least 10 straight times and I just couldn't really get into it.

My first thought when I heard the song this morning on the radio was: Hmm, sounds unfinished to a certain degree.

I am very happy to hear something "new" form Michael, I love the song, I love his voice :)wub:), that's out of question! But not everyone out there who hears this song is a fan. Michael may give me a slap in the face from above if I'm wrong but I have my doubts that he, the perfectionist, would have given his ok to a release of the song the way it is now ... JMHO :unsure:

IMHO, I LOVE the song... It is an old song but still It's Michael and his voice is just...amazing. And this is not out of the NEW Album. Even if it were, i'd LOVE IT! This shows that Even songs that he made a long time ago, Hypes us. Not only the fans but others too.

I'll buy the CD 4 sure. I cant stop listening to it.

Me too, although this song sounds incredibly familiar. Will he be singing it in the movie?

I'm tottaly upset with the way Sony is breaking Michael's ways to release music.... Michael would never release old demo version of a song... This song is not ready to be released...!
Michael was making everything perfect, full, spectacular... This is so upsetting... for me...
The way they promote it with this" new music" is disgusting! I'm upset every time I hear this song...
When someone tell me: Did you hear Michael' new song?... or.... This new song sounds very old... he lost his inspiration and probably he can't come up with something new.....
AND I'M SO ANGRY WHEN I HEAR THINGS LIKE THAT... AND HOW CAN I TELL ALL PEOPLE THAT THIS IS NOT NEW MUSIC - IT'S OLD "DEMO"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like the song... it's nice song... but this is not a "This Is It".... the spectacular comeback....
This is demo for god's sake....! D E M O....
I H A TE SONYY.....! HATE THEMMM! I'M NOT GOING TO BUY THIS "ALBUM".....
Michael' s death became oppurtunety for them to release their " new songs " and make money!

This is going to sound stupid of me, but I want to keep the '2nd version' of TII a surprise for album release day, so could somebody please run through what the differences between the 3 edits are, and why exactly there are 3 edits when there are only 2 versions of the OST and it isn't getting a single release?

Would really apreciate it :)

Perfect song to accompany the film and the events of this year, As a fan, I will ensure this goes straight to number one. But will we all remember this in 5 years ?

I agree that it's a good song to play during the end titles - but that's about it for me.

I honestly don't think this song even will get "attention" - No airplay, and if it gets airplay then it's like for a week, tops.
It isn't like "WOW A NEW MJ SONG!".

This song doesn't move me at all, I have a hard time to even listen through the whole thing without getting bored.

I'm glad for whatever new with Michael we get, but for me this really isn't a good song. - I'm just sitting here and wondering where all the music he's created over the last year(s) are.

It was a bit of him, and i love it for that! Forgeting the technical stuff, and all the mumbo jumbo that goes along with it, i just listen to Mikes voice, float away on his words, the music is what matters to me. Thats its something beautiful Michaels done and to have another piece of him is spectacular!

His voice is absolutely beautiful AS ALWAYS and I :wub: the lyrics byt why does sony do that??
Michael deserves to be respected, they still screwing his legacy :angry:

I think its a beautiful, peaceful song, last night i was a little mad cause i was hoping an up tempo, but i heard this amazing song like 40 times and i fell totally in love, its WONDERFUL, cant wait for the movie-documental!!! and ill buy the cds of course i want to have that booklet NOW!!!!!!!!!

I feel like I'm the only one here that actually really really likes the This Is It song. Yes, it doesn't sound modern, which is actually probably the reason WHY I like it. Personally, I'm not a fan of the modern music sound on the radios. In my opinion this song is better than 90% of the entire Invincible album. He sounds beautiful in this song, as he always does! I keep it on repeat lol.

I feel like I'm the only one here that actually really really likes the This Is It song. Yes, it doesn't sound modern, which is actually probably the reason WHY I like it. Personally, I'm not a fan of the modern music sound on the radios. In my opinion this song is better than 90% of the entire Invincible album. He sounds beautiful in this song, as he always does! I keep it on repeat lol.

Great post. Totally agree :)

I think Michael would be really happy that we're experiencing his work post-mortem. He always said he wanted to live forever. He already lives forever inside our hearts but its just wonderful to hear his beautiful voice again. And over the years as his unreleased music slowly trickles out his legacy can continue on and on. Michael told us that he wrote hundreds of songs per album. He may have been exaggerating but nonetheless hours and hours of Michael still exists! A captured moment in time.. As much as people want an album filled to the brim of 'new' songs right now; I personally would prefer that songs/albums are slowly released over the next couple of decades. It will mean always something to look forward to. Imagine if Michael had no material left from the past? We'd just have the studio albums left and in a way it would feel worse knowing that that was it. If that makes sense?

I want someone who really knew how Michael operated to take hold of his music and to the best of his/her ability ensure it would be released in a way Michael would be happy and proud with. Released in a way which reflects his perfectionism when its comes to entertaining and bringing joy.

That's my take on it anyway.

I personally love the TII song. Just a generally lovely ballad. To an extent feels unfinished but its wonderful to hear his voice again.

I see what you mean... the orchestral-aspect to it is very similar.

I also think the bridge sounds like Bless His Soul.

mjs gone nothing will ever make me happy. im happy for those who get all excited about "new" music but for some of us is was about the person not the just the music. and considering what has happened i really couldnt care less or get exicted about anything anymore.how can you

Amen honey...

Amen honey...

Do you really think Michael would want this?
Do you really think Michael would want us to mourn eternally over his death? He wants us to be happy. He wants us to live on in happiness with him in our hearts. I can understand people are still mourning but to say that Michael's new music will never bring you happiness is very sad to hear.

Back