Ne-Yo & MJ worked on 6 songs - never recorded

Hot_Street

Proud Member
Their collaboration resulted in the creation of six songs, but they were never recorded by Jackson. Ne-Yo has not released the songs out of respect for him, and he doesn't want to be seen as taking advantage of Jackson's death. Despite suggestions to perform them, Ne-Yo said that the songs were intended for Jackson, making it feel uncomfortable for him to release the tracks. The songs remain unreleased to this day.

Last edited:
I remember there being a Ne-Yo demo he did for MJ but it wasn't him at all , called Incredible. It was actually a group who recorded it. I truly believed it was a real demo until years later.

Ne-Yo was making the type of music I was hoping MJ would release in the mid to late 2000's , so sick, sexy love , Miss independent all great RnB tracks.

I can totally imagine MJ killing those vocals.

I like Ne-Yo, but It doesnt make sense anymore for him not to release the demos because it can be seen as taking advantage of Mike's death. It has been too many years now., let's hear them.

I remember there being a Ne-Yo demo he did for MJ but it wasn't him at all , called Incredible. It was actually a group who recorded it. I truly believed it was a real demo until years later.

Ne-Yo was making the type of music I was hoping MJ would release in the mid to late 2000's , so sick, sexy love , Miss independent all great RnB tracks.

I can totally imagine MJ killing those vocals.
That group was called Troop, and it was actually not a Ne-Yo demo. Steve Russel (one of the groups singers) is the guy singing the demo and it
s called Thizzle (All night). Ne-Yo does sound a bit like him for sure.

His 2010 album Libra Scale was a tribute to Michael. It would've made sense to record the six songs for it.

Certain of these Ne-Yo unreleased songs are actually sung by the American RnB Troop group.

The group and also Ne-Yo himself sing these unreleased songs in the vocal style of Michael Jackson (because they were meant to be given to Michael Jackson as demos in the form of vocal guides) by incorporating many characteristic vocal trademarks of him (like, his woos, his grunts, his hee-hees, etc).

These unreleased songs have also been described (by people who heard them) as very melodic songs.

In one of his interviews, Ne-Yo described these unreleased songs also as quality music, so he should release them as some sort of homage to Michael Jackson.

I think any producer would have been better than Rodney Jerkins and whoever was working on Invincible.
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Rodney Jerkins is one of the best producers, Michael have ever worked with. Only Teddy Riley is better than RJ

Quincy Jones gotta be the best!!! It's not even close and I love the likes of Dangerous and Invincible.
QJ is not the best. He was bounding Michael's musical vision for 3 eras, when TR was a perfect producer for Michael's songs. He knew exactly what MJ wanted!

QJ is not the best. He was bounding Michael's musical vision for 3 eras, when TR was a perfect producer for Michael's songs. He knew exactly what MJ wanted!
QJ is a legend know comparison. TR was more like a puppet to MJ did exactly what MJ wanted. QJ having different opinions and not agreeing with MJ all the time made them the best duo ever. QJ is a grumpy old man but he is miles ahead of anyone that MJ work with.

TR was more like a puppet to MJ did exactly what MJ wanted
And that is how it supposed to work! Great system always has somebody in charge! I know, that during QJ and MJ duo a lot of really good songs were made, but QJ was too excessive for Michael. If Dangerous were made with QJ producing, there would be no Heal The World, Remember The Time and Black Or White.... Many MJ best songs were made without QJ involvement

Quincy gets more credit than he rightfully deserves. Of course he contributed extensively to the first two albums (I wonā€™t give him credit for Bad), but you canā€™t help but wonder whether that was because of him, or because he was given good material and just polished it up.

Iā€™d take MJ over Quincy any day of the week. His material was more adventurous and intriguing than anything Quincy brought to the table.

Quincy is one of the best and most successful producers who ever lived. The 3 albums he and MJ made together are iconic.

The production on the songs are second to none , such legendary albums from OTW up to BAD.

Quincy is to Michael what George Martin was to The Beatles.

Even before he worked with Michael he had a more successful career than TR did. All the jazz stuff he recorded with Sinatra etc.

Don't get me wrong I love the work TR did with MJ and Rodney too! but there's no comparison.

I don't really care to hear them. Michael never recorded 1 song unfortunately...I really wish he did. I wouldve loved to hear him sing neyo tracks. Back to the soul music!

Quincy is one of the best and most successful producers who ever lived. The 3 albums he and MJ made together are iconic.

The production on the songs are second to none , such legendary albums from OTW up to BAD.

Quincy is to Michael what George Martin was to The Beatles.

Even before he worked with Michael he had a more successful career than TR did. All the jazz stuff he recorded with Sinatra etc.

Don't get me wrong I love the work TR did with MJ and Rodney too! but there's no comparison.
But Michael's most iconic albums are Dangerous, Invincible and Bad... As you can see, only one of them made with Quincy. Most brilliant songs Michael made with 3 producers: Michael Prince, Brad Buxer and Teddy Reilly... This trio gave us his best songs...I know, that Thriller songs were made with QJ, but Michael's involvement is much more important! And Quincy tried to bound Michael's musical potential, that's why he was kicked out a few years later

Lets put it this way. If Michael had continued to make the same kind of music in the same production style of thriller I would not have complained one bit. It is such a pleasure to listen to that production.
If he had continued to be QJ's puppet, he wouldn't become true King of Pop! Michael had to be in charge of creation process, otherwise he wouldn't become so great and popular

But Michael's most iconic albums are Dangerous, Invincible and Bad... As you can see, only one of them made with Quincy. Most brilliant songs Michael made with 3 producers: Michael Prince, Brad Buxer and Teddy Reilly... This trio gave us his best songs...I know, that Thriller songs were made with QJ, but Michael's involvement is much more important! And Quincy tried to bound Michael's musical potential, that's why he was kicked out a few years later
Michael's most iconic album is Thriller. His peak was in the 80's off the back of Thriller and then BAD. Both produced by Q.

Q's production along with the songwriting talents of Rod Temperton, mixed in with Michael's own vision and songwriting ability was a match made in heaven.

Michael grew as an artist with each album of course but the fact you said Invincible is more iconic than Thriller has to be a wind up? I love Invincible but it was dead as a doornail by 2002 and has literally no impact on pop culture.

Sorry dude šŸ˜Ž but I think you will be in the minority here.

As a newbie to the forum, is the general view of the hardcore fans that Invincible is better than the likes of Thriller, Off the wall etc? I had always assumed that the albums made in the late 70s , 80s would always come out on top?

I guess the number of Invincible threads created do indicate that Invincible is everyone's favourite and best MJ album?

As a newbie to the forum, is the general view [...]
I don't think there is a consensus on anything to do with Michael. Especially given the size of his fan base. :)

I guess the number of Invincible threads created do indicate that Invincible is everyone's favourite and best MJ album?
I don't think the number of Invincible threads indicates anything, really. I love the album but it does seem to be his most divisive album. It definitely isn't everyone's favourite, lol. The Invincible conversations seem to go round in circles, as far as I can tell. I don't often pop into the threads for that reason.

Last edited:
Michael's most iconic album is Thriller. His peak was in the 80's off the back of Thriller and then BAD. Both produced by Q.

Q's production along with the songwriting talents of Rod Temperton, mixed in with Michael's own vision and songwriting ability was a match made in heaven.

Michael grew as an artist with each album of course but the fact you said Invincible is more iconic than Thriller has to be a wind up? I love Invincible but it was dead as a doornail by 2002 and has literally no impact on pop culture.

Sorry dude šŸ˜Ž but I think you will be in the minority here.
Michael's most iconic album is DANGEROUS. THIS album contain his 2 iconic songs! BLACK OR WHITE and HEAL THE WORLD. That's why, dude, you are totally wrong. Thriller is his most SUCCESFULL ALBUM. That's true. But it's not as iconic as Dangerous or Bad.... Thriller just had the best promotion, that's why he was sold in such big amount.... But even History is more iconic than Thriller) 'cause it has Earth Song and TDCAU. And yes, Invincible is more iconic than Thriller, because that is what Michael said) I'm just quoting his words) :cool:

As a newbie to the forum, is the general view of the hardcore fans that Invincible is better than the likes of Thriller, Off the wall etc? I had always assumed that the albums made in the late 70s , 80s would always come out on top?

Off The Wall is his weakest album, btw. Even Blood On The Dance Floor Album is better than OTW. Morphine, BOTDF, Ghosts > whole OTW album

Back