Never before seen footage of MJ on Christmas 1996 with the Cascios

http://mjjtimeline.blogspot.ca/2009/08/1993.html

Also when you compare it to that footage that was aired on December 22, 1993 where he maintained his innocence, he looks like that in these videos as well. So I think it's safe to say it is 1993.

I would say 93 too, but if you check the footage from christmas 93 with Elizabeth, then watch footage from this new video, you'll see christmas tree decorations are different?

Ok, so who's the blonde whispering into mj's ear at 1.53? Lmp with hair extensions, the ubiquitous karen faye, a 'mystery blonde'?

I wonder if this footage is from 1995 as 93 he spent christmas with Elizabeth T, and by footage from their christmas together, tree is decorated differently than in this never seen footage?
I don't know where, but i'm sure i read that the liztaylor/mj xmas footage wasn't from xmas day, but early 93, maybe they both wanted to share xmas (1992) together but cdn't actually do it on the exact day.

So this footage is just after the allegations/drug rehab/body search and before the chandler settlement - ie mega stressful time. That's really great that mj could be so relaxed taking selfies and enjoying his day

I would say 93 too, but if you check the footage from christmas 93 with Elizabeth, then watch footage from this new video, you'll see christmas tree decorations are different?

I think that Elizabeth footage may not be from the Christmas of 1993, after all. Maybe a year earlier, like Bonnie said. I'm pretty sure now that this Cascio footage is from the Christmas of 1993 though because MJ looks like in that footage that was aired on Dec. 22, 1993.

I think Elizabeth Taylor's Xmas morning is either 1992 or 1993, this one is definitely 1993 as he looks exactly the same as the Neverland broadcast after the police raid. Maybe Elizabeth Taylor is 1992 because it looks different than this one, The years in the Home Movies were a bit off, like when it said the HIStory tour Birthday surprise was in 1993... lol

Ok, so who's the blonde whispering into mj's ear at 1.53? Lmp with hair extensions, the ubiquitous karen faye, a 'mystery blonde'?

LMP had brown hair in 1993 so unless it's a wig...but the height works. I think KF is taller than that. Debbie is out of the question. Could be Neverland staff? :unsure:

2lmnk9g.jpg

That's Karen in 1992 (?) Is she wearing heels or is it her real height? lol

Edit: I don't think it's Karen... the woman on the video is too short

I don't know where, but i'm sure i read that the liztaylor/mj xmas footage wasn't from xmas day, but early 93, maybe they both wanted to share xmas (1992) together but cdn't actually do it on the exact day.
Yes, I remember reading that too.

I think Elizabeth Taylor's Xmas morning is either 1992 or 1993, this one is definitely 1993 as he looks exactly the same as the Neverland broadcast after the police raid. Maybe Elizabeth Taylor is 1992 because it looks different than this one, The years in the Home Movies were a bit off, like when it said the HIStory tour Birthday surprise was in 1993... lol
You're right that many of the dates in PHM seemed off, but I think this one was correct. Liz Taylor even says "it's 1993" in the video. I think people understandably just assumed that it meant December 1993, but I guess it was actually January. It cannot have been (late) December 1992, as Michael was in Japan to perform almost the entire month.

I agree that Elizabeth's Christmas is prob Jan 93 when he had his break from Dangerous. He looks a lot healthier and happier there than he does in the Cascio film. The selfie part looks exactly the way he looked when he made the announcement about the allegations.
Who is Gail??

Who is Gail??

Lol that was the question that I was wondering after watching the footage too. I think she is the blonde woman in the footage since Michael mentiones that name while she is around, could be neverland staff or a friend of his?
I was weary of the date that went along with the video too but now I see it was in 93. How did this video get out?
So strange how seeing footage like this feels nice yet weird at the same time. I'm glad he had some moments to relax around that time. Still kind of sad this footage is being sold though.

Why does MJ sound quite different in part 2 of that video?

I can only hope that whoever buys this footage will share it with the rest of the fan community. I have played these two clips a hundred times :wub: Can you imagine a whole hour of Michael just being his adorable self?

It's that Paul McCartney song-"We're so sorry, Uncle Albert...." Not sure of the name-"Admiral Halsey?"
I find that really adorable. Every time we see a clip Michael is singing somebody's song like the Dionne Warwick one behind the scenes at Black and White. Or Riders in the Storm during Dangerous rehearsals.
He's just like I imagine he would be in real life.

Last edited:
out of the 62 minute footage all we get is this lousy 5 minute clip

Did the auction house release the clip to generate more interest? And what is this about Frank saying he's not selling it?? Did someone steal it? Is it a copy he gave to somebody?

So this was a few months after Oprah?

It's funny because Michael seems a lot older in the Oprah interview - suppose it's because he is done up and has his professionalism head on!!!!

Has anyone figured out exactly what Michael is doing with the camera in terms of the counting?
I presume Frank had already used the camera by the time Michael got his hands on it, so Michael would have already known it works.

On one hand, I find this video very nice but on the other hand, part of me feels guilty because it feels like I broke into someone's house and watched a VHS. Conscience: "Whatever, you still watched it you hypocrite !"

On one hand, I find this video very nice but on the other hand, part of me feels guilty because it feels like I broke into someone's house and watched a VHS. Conscience: "Whatever, you still watched it you hypocrite !"

I know what you mean but I truly don't think Michael would have minded us watching this footage. It's just a bit of harmless fun. It's not like the Glenda or (unedited) Schmuley tapes, which I don't think Michael would have wanted us to hear because he's revealing a lot of private thoughts and feelings.

Sooo cute.:wub: I love how mikey did a selfie way before it became cool:)

Christmas at Neverland seems like it would've been the best ever!

And Michael was the king of social media before it even existed! He started mirror selfies and duck lips haha

Christmas at Neverland seems like it would've been the best ever!

And Michael was the king of social media before it even existed! He started mirror selfies and duck lips haha

Does video selfie actually count as being a fully fledged selfie? ;)

Back