New and Old MJ Fans

AmpTrooper

Proud Member
SO as the title says we have a group of new and old fans in our household.
I am 36 my wife is 33 and my kids who still live with us and not at collage
are, Son 10 and daughter 8.
I have been a fan since the Thriller album and my wife would have been the same just Bad probably spoke to her more. We recently got our kids into MJ just by getting out my old
Boombox
140.jpg
and sticking in MJ Thriller. They listen to it over about 5 times in one sitting. Then I popped in BAD! It was on from there! No turning back now!!!! They now have about every song he ever made and are still looking for more. THye have posters up where the Justin posters use to be and I am FULLY fine with that. I know no hating on Justin he is an MJ fan. I am just glad to see my kids getting into MJ so much. My daughter wants to dress in the Billie Jean costume on Halloween. I know she would ware the jacket most of the time. Her and her mom found a sweater that had back sequence on it and it makes her feel that it looks kind of like MJ's. My son is just more into the songs and not the collectibles or shirts or anything. And that is perfectly fine too! He wants to be a scientist. So with that we constantly have to tell him "That does not match" and at 10 years old we still have to say "Brush your hair" "Use some tooth past" on and on! LOL! Scientists! Got to love them!
He does like to sport his MJ Feodora from time to time. My daughter has her on all the time.
Only things I have is a leather replica / with real metal mess Beat It jacket and matching2 Beat It shoes (my favorite). i have original albums and cassette tapes. Oh. I did have a Thriller doll fro the 80. but sold it soon after his "death" ;) to help pay my bills at home as everything was being spent to try to pay some of our medical bills that is
till we got the FULL bill. It was over $500,000.00 So, we gave up after I sold everything I owned.

So, I was curious about whether y'all have kids and have introduced them to the wonderful world of Michael Jackson. How have they taken it? Are they fans? Do they listen to MJ on their own (meaning with out parents) How did you introduce them to MJ? Did they take to him right away or did it have to grow on them?
Share you store of your kids fandom!

Thanks and God bless!
Amp

OMG :clap:
That brings me so much HOPE... See, Michael's MAGIC is still ALIVE...
I think 10 is the PERFECT age to 'introduce' Michael...
I'm also a Thriller era fan and I was also 10 when I got 'hooked' on Michael :wub:
Unfortunately, due to medical reasons, I can't pass the Magic on to my kids :no:

I do live 'bathed' in Michael Magic though... That even seemed to 'rub off' on my dad who visits...
He was always so sceptical about Michael but NOW, he loves to visit me to spend time in my Michael room...

You have a Michael room!?! That is cool!
Any pictures? Would love to see that!
I was about 10 as well when I was trying to break dance to MJ out on the sidewalk with my buddies.
Had the glove and all!!!
Thanks for the welcome too!

So, a few days ago I was trying to book tickets to an MJ Tribute band that was playing near here. I thought it wold be a great experience since we can't afford the Immortal Tour. But, the band is playing places that do not allow kids. The kids would love to see that and they really are the future of whether MJ will live on or not. So, being a professional drummer of over 20 years with lots of stage time and recording time I figured, why not put a band together myself. I made a post on Craig s List. Not thinking I would really get any hits but, to my surprise I have already landed a bass player and a back up singer! I would say that the most important part of an MJ band at least music wise is the Drums first, then the bass and then keys. Hopefully we will land a key board player soon! Anywho, the plan is to really do this right. I want to put on a show that will make people feel as if they were at an MJ show. I want the music to be very tight and to have the overall look of an MJ stage set, without pyrotechnics of course but, lights and props etc. So, if any of you live in middle Indiana and can play an instrument very well (has to be top of the line for this) or sing just like MJ then shoot me a PM. More to come on that! Can't wait to get with the bass player and "Jam"! ;) Had to through that in! LOL!

Well, GOOD luck on your search and WOW, I :heart: peeps with a PASSION to continue Michael's legacy...
MJJC Blog is ONE way of preserving my legacy in HONOUR of Michael :wub:
The other one is being an AUTHOR, that is my time to SHINE :cheeky:

Have a GREAT day AMP :ciao:

P.S. OH, Piccies?
Sure, I'll soon post a few when I get my NEW TV only so I can watch Michael and my 'zombie' stuff on a BIGGER screen than NOW:tease:Heehee...

Last edited:
Nope, I am a Libra. Well, actually I was born on the 23rd. So sometimes I am considered a Virgo. Guess it just depends on the year!
Also my B-day is often the first day of fall (depending on the year). So that is kind of cool.

Thanks for the well wishing! I think this band is going to come together nicely. I have been spending time programming my drums to match each one of MJ's most popular songs. Kind of making a set list by doing that. The drums are VERY in-depth as I have to multilayer EVERY sound! It is because he used a real acoustic drum set and a drum machine. So, the sounds are complex to get just right. I have about 3 hours in Wanna Be Starting Something and I only have half of the drum set programed for that.
I got Dangerous pretty quick as it is mostly synthesized drums.
Talked with the bass player today. We are going to meet soon to have a sit down and get to know each other a bit and talk about what we are looking to see from all this. I am looking for a top of the line performance. I want people to feel as if they are at an MJ concert as in the sound and the looks.

So you said you are an author? That is cool! I wish I could do that. Tried but, don't think it came out very well. What have or are you writing? Would love to read something!

Nope, I am a Libra. Well, actually I was born on the 23rd. So sometimes I am considered a Virgo. Guess it just depends on the year!
Also my B-day is often the first day of fall (depending on the year). So that is kind of cool.

Thanks for the well wishing! I think this band is going to come together nicely. I have been spending time programming my drums to match each one of MJ's most popular songs. Kind of making a set list by doing that. The drums are VERY in-depth as I have to multilayer EVERY sound! It is because he used a real acoustic drum set and a drum machine. So, the sounds are complex to get just right. I have about 3 hours in Wanna Be Starting Something and I only have half of the drum set programed for that.
I got Dangerous pretty quick as it is mostly synthesized drums.
Talked with the bass player today. We are going to meet soon to have a sit down and get to know each other a bit and talk about what we are looking to see from all this. I am looking for a top of the line performance. I want people to feel as if they are at an MJ concert as in the sound and the looks.

So you said you are an author? That is cool! I wish I could do that. Tried but, don't think it came out very well. What have or are you writing? Would love to read something!

:ciao:

WOW, you :punk: with the progress...
Yep, that's WHY I love Michael's music so much cause of the 'different' layers... It's like Ghosts ... You listen to it and still you hear an instrument of 'adlib' you haven't heard before... Michael really put his soul and heart in his music... Even in his voice you can FEEL the passion... I often comment when I hear a cover... "Michael sings that way better" Heehee...

Yep, I'm an AUTHOR :blush:

My 'siggy' is MJJCBlog which features my stuff of 'short stories' inspired by Michael... Currently I have a NEW story running called "Awake"
I've created an FB page https://www.facebook.com/DazProductions for my 'upcoming' BOOK project... It's dedicated to MJJCommunity as they gave me back my DIGNITY and COURAGE to 'pursue' this dream...
They were the ones that BELIEVED in me when all the walls came tumbling down...

Cool! I figured out the blog thing after asking the question! LOL! Nice stuff! I haven't had a chance to sit down and read much as I have been working on my new leg. But, i plan to read some more this weekend.
I admire people who can write. It takes more talent then a lot of people give it credit for.

Agreed about the MJ ad lib! That is part of what makes his music especially the later stuff so cool! I sometimes wonder after reading the lyrics, how in the world did he work those words into that beat? Then you listen to it and it fits so naturally. Well, naturally for him! I think others would have a problem making it sound so flawless.

I taught my 2 year old niece to dance Billie Jean. hahaha.. And yeah, the kid loves MJ and always wants me to put a Michael Jackson CD on so she can dance.

That is great!!! Got to get video of that!!! You should make her a video for the "Eternal Moonwalk" site!

That is great!!! Got to get video of that!!! You should make her a video for the "Eternal Moonwalk" site!

Oh yes, that website. Okay! I'll film the kid one of these days. It really needs timing because she would sometimes want to grab the cam because she wants to be the one to shoot. hahaha..

hi i've been a fan since about 1987 I'm now 37yrs old,my daughter has been raised on mj,she is now 13 turning 14,you know when kids have comfort blankets when they are little,my daughter used to carry the dangerous short films vhs case round with her,honestly she wouldn't put it down,she also loves dancing to mj music and is a great supporter of him at school,
a couple of years back she went to school dressed like mj,
in the dangerous outfit,but we had to add the bj glove too,
here is a thread with some pictures of her dressed up,
post 8,
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...res-inside)?highlight=daughter+dressed+school

Last edited:
That is great! My daughter would LOVE to do that! She wants to dress up for Halloween but can't make up her mind what outfit she wants. Oh, she did find a semi long sleeve black shirt with sequins on it and she had her Mom put a silver sequin arm band on it. One of her favorite shirts now!

i would love to see her dressed up.so if she decides to do it,be sure to take some pictures so we can all see her,when my daughter dressed up it was world book day,and most people were dressed as harry potter and characters from books,but we got around that one,there are many books written about michael plus he had a few of his own,so she went dressed as michael,any excuse hey,it's lovely and heart warming seeing the younger generation,especially our children following in our footsteps,loving michael jackson,

I love the dress up pics. I remember the time I used to dress up like Mike when I was younger. It's great to know that younger people are also into MJ.

I love the dress up pics. I remember the time I used to dress up like Mike when I was younger. It's great to know that younger people are also into MJ.

You said "Remember The Time"! LOL! :clapping: That is what we are naming the band!

Anywho, I use to have the classic 1980's MJ glove and a silver Atari jacket that had a lot of zippers on it like the Beat It jacket. I would wear them in the middle of summer with my boom box on my shoulder and a bandana around my head! I sure it looked wonderful!!! LOL! :photoflash: :hysterical:
Good to know I was not the only one! LOL! Wish we all had pictures of or great 80's and early 90's MJ looks! That would be a fun post!

Well, been a fan since I was 13 years old, I'll be 24 in 3 days so that's practically 10 years. I was introduced to MJ's music early on in life when my parents would turn on the radio oldies stations.. and they would play Jackson5 songs or MJ himself, on tv also I recall many of his music videos and Moonwalker, so that stuck with me, and when I was old enough to decide what music I would listen to I chose him! my sister was about 9 at the time and needless to say she became very fond of his music too, she liked his older work, such as Off the Wall, which was great because she actually saved money and bought it herself! she would play it non-stop and went mad! :hysterical: I felt like such a proud big sis :wub:, and to this day both me and her 20 and 24 years old still have the same passion for Michael's work and humanitarian work, like the first day we heard or saw him.. I'll pass his magic on to my children and make sure they do it with theirs :chillin: and I'm sure that my sister will too..Long live our King!!! :angel:

That is great MjsLovelyOne88! Wonderful story and thanks for sharing it with us! Still, hard to think of MJ as being "classic". I was listening to the classic rock station a few years ago and they played Nirvana! I actually called the station and asked why they put Nirvana on. My wife was laughing at me. I did it out of fun really! Never thought I would actually have the DJ answer and he put our conversation on the radio. I called during a commercial so, I guess he had time! It was funny! I said "what in the world are you playing Nirvana on the classic rock channel?" He laughed and asked me if I was a fan. I said that i was. He asked if I had ever seen them. I told him it was one of the best concerts I have ever been to and I have been to over 60 concerts in my life. He said well guess what? I said what? He said... You old! :p LOL! The he asked what my favorite classic rock channel was and i had to say the name. It was a good little segment for being recorded during a short commercial.

Anywho, sorry I have been gone for a while! Had the flu! It was nasty. Better now though and getting back to the swing of things. Also been REALLY busy running my forum and working with the web designer to get a website built. I spend more time doing that then I would like to but, it will be worth it in the end. The forum is already growing daily! So that is good!

Yeah thank you! :ciao: and I agree it's kinda strange listening to these oldies stations playing him because to me at least he sounds as fresh as ever, so I understand your reaction towards Nirvana being played there too hahah, I like them too and wouldn't think of listening to their songs playing on classic rock stations either!:bugeyed I hope you're doing better by now, big hugs.

You said "Remember The Time"! LOL! :clapping: That is what we are naming the band!

Anywho, I use to have the classic 1980's MJ glove and a silver Atari jacket that had a lot of zippers on it like the Beat It jacket. I would wear them in the middle of summer with my boom box on my shoulder and a bandana around my head! I sure it looked wonderful!!! LOL! :photoflash: :hysterical:
Good to know I was not the only one! LOL! Wish we all had pictures of or great 80's and early 90's MJ looks! That would be a fun post!

Hahaha.. That's cool. Nice band name. I don't have much pictures of my highschool days. Most of them are with my classmates or lost forever. I even went to the prom looking like MJ, Military Jacket and all. Wish I had pics.

:hysterical: It's safe to say that I'm an old fan, since I've been listening to his music since the 60s. I'm from Michigan and grew up with the Motown Sound playing non-stop in the house. We couldn't get away from it if we tried (and didn't want to)! I continued to love and respect Mike's music long after the group left Motown and he finally broke away from performing with his bros. My siblings and I have passed on our love for their music to the numerous nieces and nephews that were born afterwards and continue to do so to this day. My great-nieces/nephews love Mike's music and will play if for their kids (when they have them). :)

Back