New Bad Tour Wembley Trailer! [Discussion merged]

Re: New Bad Tour Wembley Trailer!

http://youtu.be/_JLE2KFk7aM
I think the frsony channel seems to have the best quality upload
It is labled as a USA TV Spot - BAd25 Commercial. which is what a trailer is.. Correct ?

but listen like othesr have said even the offical Dvd sourced material of MITM and Smooth Criminal vid
are not in original best quality in this trailer/commercial so this is not the quality we will see in the final product.
Please dont Ignore this fact

ok..so I just now seen this trailer...and let me say..I am SOOOOOO excited for this Bad25 release...that I just might pee myself. Like seriously I cannot contain my excitement...I have already watched it 5 times...I just keep hitting the replay button..LOL

:lmao: OK we have you peeing 2 guys Jizing on the chat - I think we can take that as a fine endorsement for the DVD :)

well If Peeing myself from excitement means that I approve of the DVD...then Yes...I Approve....:rofl:

The color correction Xgen just did is pretty good. js....

I've got something for you guys... The screen was taken from the above FR Sony upload. So tell me now, where you can see this great quality?

2efrpuh.jpg

I've got something for you guys... The screen was taken from the above FR Sony upload. So tell me now, where you can see this great quality?

2efrpuh.jpg

Ha, didn't realise YT compression compared to a DVD. :smilerolleyes:

And when was APOM's music video on the Wembley DVD?

2efrpuh.jpg

Good that shows the usa commercial footageof this part is not sourced the wembley Vhs but from APOM vision footage to us for BAD 25 promo.

Just want to state one more time the footage used for this trailer is not an indication of the final quality we well recieved on the DVD. Put this on BIG screen - then tell me this is what MJ dancers Band members and coreographers watched and stated was very good clear quality. This is not the final DVD quality

Now you can be sceptical if you want -that's your perogotive but dont expect us to have to feel the sameway as you as you. Most of us are wanting to celebrate an enjoy this release and the DVD :) we dont expect Blue ray or even HD quality. Until we see the final product we are going to enjoy celebrating and ushering in BAD25 - Now if it turns out a bust - then you are welcome to come back and say I told ya so. But most of us have realistic expectations of what to expect from this VHS ...
Do you ?

If this is not the final DVD quality then what the hell are they waiting for? It's less then a month for the release and still no one knows what the quality looks like. I don't know about you guys, but I think they're avoiding showing us the real image so that no one cancels their pre-orders and stuff... Hope I'm wrong though...

Guys im sorry if you disagree with me but as "decent" as this footage may look i still think its pretty pathetic for a DVD release, i mean, they spent months working on it and i was able to get a better color correction in just a few minutes (right side) -_-

Better1.png

See it on the positive side. after the dvd is out people can make enhancements or "re-master" the re-mastered. that going to keep us busy. it's going to be fun.

Even more excited now! It's getting so close now.. it's September already! :D

We'll See How The Quality Really Looks Like When $ony Release The Trailer =)

Can I just ask, why did you replace the "S" in "Sony" with "$"? It it supposed to encourage people to boycott Sony or is it just a reminder that Sony, like every other business, makes money?

We are 16 days away in the UK. WOOOHOOO!!

YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH!!!!! My excitement's gone thru the roof already!!!! AAAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

I'm very excited for this...I'm strictly judging on the YT quality of what I just saw....To me, it looks great...Will it be better as the final quality? No idea....But just a snap judgement, and well, I am very happy about the quality...

Having said that, I do completely understand some fans' concerns about the quality....Give them a break, people, we ARE consumers and have every right to be concerned about what we're buying :)

We should get a very good idea in a day or two. As far as I can see the news stories about Spike Lee documentary says that the end scene is from MITM performance from Wembley DVD. We have 20 of our members seeing it on big screen on Sunday.

Is this official? Eitherways I'm pumped!

See it on the positive side. after the dvd is out people can make enhancements or "re-master" the re-mastered. that going to keep us busy. it's going to be fun.
When they announced the Bad 25 campaign they said the concert DVD was for fans to watch and share. I doubt that will happen, they'll start taking down enhancements. Also TV channels can also get rights like the Channel 5 version of Copenhagen. There are some uploads of DWT Bucharest but generally poor quality, in the past few years nobody minded about Bucharest being uploaded.

I think it's official, it was on "SonyMusicFr". Unless Sony Music France's account is fake, it's likely to be official.

Another problem with the video is the crap frame rate conversion and the wrong aspect ratio. Because it is MJ's own VHS and the US is an NTSC region, I would bet that his VHS was NTSC. (which might be a problem if the cameras were filming in PAL...) Unless they "resample" the frame rate properly this will be a problem. Also proper aspect ratio is 640x480 with square pixels as with Bad Tour Yokohama. (I know most people render it as 720x480 but this is not correct)

The umatic or w/e that they got TWYMMF performance from might be another frame rate :S It is the same quality as the Bad performance shown at the MTV Video Vanguard Awards in 1988 (maybe they're the same concert).

The final DVD will likely have 2x the frame rate we see on YouTube, either 60i or 50i depending on where you get the DVD. But still, one will have a "conversion" and suspectable to frameskip/ghosting artifacts than the other.

I would consider the quality 7/10. It won't get much better if you ignore YouTube compression, only slightly sharper.

Last edited:

On a sidenote, I knew it, i knew it , i KNEW IT! :D

[youtube]oJLkw4_ufIU[/youtube]

i knew 6:32 was from another concert! I always said why would he go and change the jacket when the song already was done! But birchey kept saying '' no its not, i know about this, its no

I still don't see the need for all the hate. The source of the DVD is a 24 year old VHS tape that has been watched God knows how many times. With that in mind, the concert quality looks superb. Yes, it's not up to the "normal" DVD standards of 2012, but noting the source, it is extremely satisfactory. Like it has been said, some fans can only find the negative aspects of the releases. The Estate puts together This Is It, and fans whine because Michael wasn't giving his all and it was "poorly put together". The Estate puts six unreleased songs on the second disc of Bad 25, and fans whine because they wanted more. The Estate releases the EXACT concert that fans have been campaigning for for years with pristine audio, and fans whine because the concert isn't released on Blu-ray. I understand that the fans want quality with the releases, but we'll get what we get. So why not look at the positive aspects of the releases?

Hunterr, I have one question for you. Are you buying the Bad 25 set?

But of course, I'm still buying it the day it comes out.

-------

Who said they're umatics? I'm sure they're betamax tapes. That LA was also from beta. Just some betas are more degraded, some less. LA was good beta.

I meant that at some point, they were probably sourced from the u-matic. They were then probably turned into a VHS or Beta copy for whatever news station was using/requesting them.

In any case, they were both a lot better quality.

And we still don't even know what the DVD will look like. There's a lot of non Wembley 16th stuff in this commercial.

Ugh, these 14-18 days will be torture!

I still don't see the need for all the hate. The source of the DVD is a 24 year old VHS tape that has been watched God knows how many times. With that in mind, the concert quality looks superb. Yes, it's not up to the "normal" DVD standards of 2012, but noting the source, it is extremely satisfactory. Like it has been said, some fans can only find the negative aspects of the releases. The Estate puts together This Is It, and fans whine because Michael wasn't giving his all and it was "poorly put together". The Estate puts six unreleased songs on the second disc of Bad 25, and fans whine because they wanted more. The Estate releases the EXACT concert that fans have been campaigning for for years with pristine audio, and fans whine because the concert isn't released on Blu-ray. I understand that the fans want quality with the releases, but we'll get what we get. So why not look at the positive aspects of the releases?

1-Hate is totally in order, knowing there's better stuff lying around.
2-Anyone who hated This Is It because he wasn't "giving his all" are morons. It was rehearsals. He's not gonna use his voice or dance like the arena is full. I don't think I actually heard that complaint about it.

1-Hate is totally in order, knowing there's better stuff lying around.
2-Anyone who hated This Is It because he wasn't "giving his all" are morons. It was rehearsals. He's not gonna use his voice or dance like the arena is full. I don't think I actually heard that complaint about it.

1.) This is the best they have. Yeah, they have u-matics from other shows, but with terrible and unusable audio. And this is a concert that fans have wanted specifically for years. I tend to think that if the Estate chose not to release a concert with the box set, fans would be even more livid then they are now. And before anyone uses the "LA footage" excuse: the LA footage isn't complete. And there's no guarantee that the Estate even has it.

2.) I was surprised too. I heard it on the old MaxJax forum.

1.) This is the best they have. Yeah, they have u-matics from other shows, but with terrible and unusable audio. And this is a concert that fans have wanted specifically for years. I tend to think that if the Estate chose not to release a concert with the box set, fans would be even more livid then they are now. And before anyone uses the "LA footage" excuse: the LA footage isn't complete. And there's no guarantee that the Estate even has it.

Audio isn't unusable, nor terrible. Just not capable to be remixed with multi tracks (see Tokyo, Rome, LA clips).
Fans wanted Wembley, not necessarily the 16th.
The LA show exists in full somewhere. The 12 minute clip was sourced from that.

Recently there was a very long 6 part interview on Time magazine. This is what Branca said

Branca: We’ve been in the process of digitizing all of Michael’s archives of audiovisual and written material. We monitor the fans and we’re in dialogue and communication with them, and one of the Wembley stadium concerts is the one that the fans really wanted, so we were searching for that concert and fortunately we found this…

The reason we are getting Wembley is because we asked for it. I'm pretty sure if they didn't give us Wembley there would be some people complaining about "Why not give us Wembley?".

Judging from this trailer, from my perspecitve, I CAN'T WAIT! A little over two weeks is TOO LONG! OOOOH the torture! Yeah, it's from YouTube, but on TV, it's superb. Michael definitely gave it his all it seems. Probably to impress Lady Di. Who knows what those two were talking about backstage during the Royal Meeting besides "Dirty Diana."

Either way, I'm pumped up for this.

So, how much of Wembley was actually in this trailer? Anyway, I don't know why, but I think the clip with Thriller excited me the most :p and I've never been too crazy about the concert performances of Thriller.

Back