New Bad Tour Wembley Trailer! [Discussion merged]

I wonder if we will ever get a Victory Tour (or any Jacksons tour) dvd.
I don't foresee a celebration of the VICTORY album at any point EVER :D

Maybe a box set of the Sony/Epic era tours.

Oh, and does anyone think that Dangerous 25 will include a different Dangerous Tour show, or just same 'ol Bucharest?

I wonder if we will ever get a Victory Tour (or any Jacksons tour) dvd.
I don't foresee a celebration of the VICTORY album at any point EVER :D

Maybe a box set of the Sony/Epic era tours.

Oh, and does anyone think that Dangerous 25 will include a different Dangerous Tour show, or just same 'ol Bucharest?

I hear some people saying Bad 25 will be the last celebration for an album but i personally dont believe it. If Dangerous 25 happens i think we might get an official DVD from Buenos Aires, because out of all the 1993 performances MJ wanted that to be released but in the end he didnt think he performed well enough, just like his 1997 performance in Munich.

I doubt it's the last celebration. I doubt any big documentaries or Pepsi things will happen. But surely they will do Dangerous and History at the most.
I'm sure they will release a HIStory tour dvd as well at some point.
Also, these albums are a great excuse to release more unreleased content.

Weren't there soo many unreleased songs from Invincible era, too?

There will more than likely be a Dangerous 25. Sony's contract doesn't run out until 2017; Dangerous's 25th anniversary is in 2016.

And yes, there were anywhere between 15 and 30 Invincible outtakes. Rodney Jerkins has 8 finished outtakes.

If the Wembley DVD sells well (Bucharest has sold over million worldwide) and lets say for arguments sake 5 times what it cost to remaster maybe that will influence to maybe them to think about going and looking what concerts they know they have and pick the next one that we have asked for just as much as Wembley and put as much effort into remastering it as Wembley tho paying more attention to audio.

Its just a thought you never know

*random thoughts*

The ideal HISTORY 25 repackage:

Disc 1: Remastered album
Disc 2: The 5 non remix songs from Blood On The Dancefloor (BOTDF, Superfly Sister, Is It Scary, Ghosts, Morphine) PLUS radio edit of HISTORY remix (because it was sort of a single), PLUS whatever demos or unreleased songs from that era, PLUS 3 or 4 NEW remixes.
Disc 3: HIStory World Tour DVD. Bonus songs or behind the scenes stuff would be a plus!
Disc 4: DVD featuring the 6 music videos from HISTORY, plus Blood On The Dancefloor, HIStory remix video, and the full 40 minute GHOSTS film. Behind the scenes of the videos would be a plus!

Disc 4 probably wouldn't happen. Maybe a standalone DVD of that at some point.

A boy can dream...

idc about anything until we get HIStory demo's. MJs best album by far.

Stranger In Moscow is one of my fav videos EVER. It's so beautiful and simple.
I would have loved to hear that song live (no, not him spinning around the stage with the album track playing over the speakers).

I have heard about thw Wembley concert for years and years lol. I can remember when I heard that Michael had met Princess Diana. Wembley is very iconic like Madison Square Garden and other famous venues. Even when they found the VHS copy of Michael's they could have decided not to release it because of quality issues but they fixed it the best they could and I am grateful to finally see a Michael concert from start to finish. If you really don't think they quality is good then don't buy it and enjoy the cds and Spike's documentary.

popcorn-MJ.gif

This isn't our last chance to get a Bad tour show. I don't know how many more will be released in our lifetimes, but this wont be the last. No doubt about that.

*random thoughts*

The ideal HISTORY 25 repackage:

Disc 2: The 5 non remix songs from Blood On The Dancefloor (BOTDF, Superfly Sister, Is It Scary, Ghosts, Morphine) PLUS radio edit of HISTORY remix (because it was sort of a single), PLUS whatever demos or unreleased songs from that era, PLUS 3 or 4 NEW remixes.
Disc 3: HIStory World Tour DVD. Bonus songs or behind the scenes stuff would be a plus!
Disc 4: DVD featuring the 6 music videos from HISTORY, plus Blood On The Dancefloor, HIStory remix video, and the full 40 minute GHOSTS film. Behind the scenes of the videos would be a plus!

Disc 4 probably wouldn't happen. Maybe a standalone DVD of that at some point.

A boy can dream...

Not bad at all. Lemme switch it up a bit.

The ideal DANGEROUS 25 repackage:

Disc 2: Twelve unreleased songs (with NO previously leaked tracks other than Serious Effect, Work That Body and She Got It), including the long-speculated Men in Black, and four remixes.
Disc 3: Live DVD of Buenos Aires 1993, which includes a performance of Dangerous. Bonus features would include The Way You Make Me Feel (from Tokyo 1992) and Bad (from Munich 1992).
TARGET Bonus Disc 4: Every music video from the Dangerous album, including the uncensored version of Black or White and the dark and gritty version of Who Is It, as well as the MTV "Dangerous Diaries" featurettes.

2016 is four years away. Come on, Estate. Do what you did for B25 for D25.

Not bad at all. Lemme switch it up a bit.

The ideal DANGEROUS 25 repackage:

Disc 2: Twelve unreleased songs (with NO previously leaked tracks other than Serious Effect, Work That Body and She Got It), including the long-speculated Men in Black, and four remixes.
Disc 3: Live DVD of Buenos Aires 1993, which includes a performance of Dangerous. Bonus features would include The Way You Make Me Feel (from Tokyo 1992) and Bad (from Munich 1992).
TARGET Bonus Disc 4: Every music video from the Dangerous album, including the uncensored version of Black or White and the dark and gritty version of Who Is It, as well as the MTV "Dangerous Diaries" featurettes.

2016 is four years away. Come on, Estate. Do what you did for B25 for D25.

Amazing list! The only thing i would change would be Buenos aires (mostly because there is no MITM). I Rather have a Early Dangerous show (Monza!) and Dangerous as a bonus :)

Why BA? MJ was very sick. Rather a full energy early 92 show.

I always though, being the perfectionist that he was, MJ would have his own personal recordings of all his performances and watch them, not letting anyone else.

Somehow, all these years later, seemingly the only copy of this concert that exists is MJs personal VHS copy. I mean... cameras obviously captured the thing in far better quality. Are these tapes lost? Tapes of arguably the greatest concert from the greatest performer in the history of this planet? It kind of blows my mind.

I just pop in my Moonwalker Bluray and see how gorgeous the Man in the Mirror footage is, and wish this release looked like that. Oh well. Maybe they're waiting for the 30th anniversary :p

It would be great to have the opening show of the Dangerous tour. Of every tour actually.

Somehow, all these years later, seemingly the only copy of this concert that exists is MJs personal VHS copy. I mean... cameras obviously captured the thing in far better quality. Are these tapes lost? Tapes of arguably the greatest concert from the greatest performer in the history of this planet? It kind of blows my mind.

I just pop in my Moonwalker Bluray and see how gorgeous the Man in the Mirror footage is, and wish this release looked like that. Oh well. Maybe they're waiting for the 30th anniversary :p

Yes they are lost, did you not read what the Estate was saying about it. Waiting for the 30th anniversary? They DO NOT have the original masters to what was filmed. The production team didnt store their stuff properly and Wembley masters are all lost. They are not sitting on top of master tapes and choosing to release a VHS tape. This is the ONLY available source of this show at the time. If they Estate was trying to scam people they wouldn't be charging 35$ for a set that they could easily charge double for. If the Estate was that lazy they wouldnt of searched all over for the Wembley show and come up with a VHS copy. Think how much easier it would be to find a film master that would be archived and properly stored vs scouring through someone's VHS collection. Sony has the equipment for scanning in film prints for digital transfer, it would be easier for them to do this vs paying a company to restore their VHS tape to the best quality.

Of course a Bluray transfer of film from Bad would be incredible but it is not there. How can you expect the Estate to release something that no one can find?

Last edited:
Not unusable. I highly doubt that. Un-remix-able is all it is. I'm sure it sounds decent, but in their eyes (or ears) they didn't want decent audio.

And you're being silly. Of course they have the full show of L.A. The 12 minute clip just released was a tape given to tv station(s) to use in their news reports. The site in which it was just unearthed from has said tape (not the full show, which is presumably in storage by the estate).
(and i just saw old clips on YT of LA news report with stuff from this 12 minute tape as well, so its that old).

So yeah, big DUH on that site not having the full show, but the estate has these shows in full.

You know I was thinking that the audio they were having concerns with was the audio on the umatics, but the audio they are talking about is the Front of House mixes they made during each show. They are mastered for stadiums and large arenas and so to adjust the highs and lows would be really hard because of course they didn't do a multi track recording. Usually the multi track recording is happening along side the Front of House mixers specifically for the purpose of broadcast or commercial release. So yeah it's not that the recordings are "unusable" they are just uneditable. I was thinking there would be a lot of hisses and snaps or something from the umatics but they were talking about something else. I know this because I subscribe to a FOH website and they talk about the difference all the time.

The Estate said that finding the VHS copy of Wembley 16th was already a miracle, well what about the video footage of The Way You Make Me Feel from the night of 15th? The Estate has never told us whether they have the whole VHS like the 16th one or anything else.

Releasing an Wembley concert is indeed the best choice if they are only releasing one DVD. But to me, they should also pick a complete show at least, since TWYMMF and Man In The Mirror are often performed during the second leg. Too bad that the tapes of 14th are missing, and whether the complete 15th exists is still unknown.

And you're being silly. Of course they have the full show of L.A.

the estate has these shows in full.

people like you just annoy me...
the estate has addressed this issue...

we campaigned for YEARS to see wembley... I dont know if you were around then, but im guessing not, otherwise you would be excited...

i am almost sure there is no wembley DVD footage in that TV spot either. The estate are keeping the quality quiet for 1 of 2 reasons...
1. the quality is crap, and they're keeping it under wraps...
2. the quality is amazing, and they're keeping it under wraps...

can't wait for this DVD, it does look better then Bad from July 15th which is a high point.

This is a footage fom italian tv special for Bad 25 documentary on 31 August 2012
Probabily this is Wembley...i hope it is because the quality is very very good and remember: this is youtube
But I don't know if it is Wembley or not

It's definitely Wembley, but looks like a mix of two different shows. There's a silver and black mic in that video.

This is a footage fom italian tv special for Bad 25 documentary on 31 August 2012
Probabily this is Wembley...i hope it is because the quality is very very good and remember: this is youtube
But I don't know if it is Wembley or not
It's amix of few nights. It's the official video mixed with other shows. You can see the US stage in some sceens.

Dark and gritty version of Who Is It ?

The official music video, which was banned back in '93 because of its dark nature. The official Michael Jackson YouTube channel used to have a montage of Michael's old videos in place of the official one.

Yes they are lost, did you not read what the Estate was saying about it. Waiting for the 30th anniversary? They DO NOT have the original masters to what was filmed. The production team didnt store their stuff properly and Wembley masters are all lost. They are not sitting on top of master tapes and choosing to release a VHS tape. This is the ONLY available source of this show at the time. If they Estate was trying to scam people they wouldn't be charging 35$ for a set that they could easily charge double for. If the Estate was that lazy they wouldnt of searched all over for the Wembley show and come up with a VHS copy. Think how much easier it would be to find a film master that would be archived and properly stored vs scouring through someone's VHS collection. Sony has the equipment for scanning in film prints for digital transfer, it would be easier for them to do this vs paying a company to restore their VHS tape to the best quality.

Of course a Bluray transfer of film from Bad would be incredible but it is not there. How can you expect the Estate to release something that no one can find?

The Estate said that many masters are unavailable, yes. But they didn't specify which masters they DID have and which they DIDN'T have. So it is always possible that they DO have the 30th anniversary masters available. But I don't understand why people keep asking for an official Yokohama/30th anniversary release. Yes, we would get Yokohama in better quality, but 30th anniversary is already available online in HD. It would be a huge waste of money.

Back