New Jackson Albums in the Wings

TMZ said in their live chat that someone at Sony got fired over the THis is It fiasco.

Also - new songs coming up are FREE AGENT - label wars will begin!!!

Got fired! Dang, SONY ain't playin wit this one **money plays in the background**

Shimar you sound a little too excited to be watching the big music industry fight itself over Michael. Can I join?:drunken:lol

If Michael had a vault filled with unreleased songs, whos property are they and who owns the songs if not Michael? Does SONY own all of Michaels unreleased material, and why? Does it depend on where it was recorded or who produced it? What if Michael just recorded random songs at home in his own office.. Who owns the rights to the songs then?

Got fired! Dang, SONY ain't playin wit this one **money plays in the background**

Shimar you sound a little too excited to be watching the big music industry fight itself over Michael. Can I join?:drunken:lol

:cheers:

YES! I want the BIGGEST FIGHT between Universal, EMI, Warner and Sony-BMG.

Just so Sony can bleed tears.

If Michael had a vault filled with unreleased songs, whos property are they and who owns the songs if not Michael? Does SONY own all of Michaels unreleased material, and why? Does it depend on where it was recorded or who produced it? What if Michael just recorded random songs at home in his own office.. Who owns the rights to the songs then?

It belongs to MJ's kids.

CORRECTION:

If it's a master recording BEFORE 2004, SONY.

But if it's the actual song & lyrics that MJ composed himself (MJs portion that MJ collaboated with a co-writer) it goes all to the MJ3.

Last edited:
Well, according to reports that emerged after Mj’s death, 160 to 200 completed tracks were recorded after 2001…….

From 1998 to 2001( The Invincible sessions) , 120 songs were recorded according to Mj himself………

You do the math for the rest of the unreleased songs pre –invincible lol, so what TMZ is saying is NOTHING NEW.

Well, according to reports that emerged after Mj’s death, 160 to 200 completed tracks were recorded after 2001…….

From 1998 to 2001( The Invincible sessions) , 120 songs were recorded according to Mj himself………

You do the math for the rest of the unreleased songs pre –invincible lol, so what TMZ is saying is NOTHING NEW.

Exactly...so peolpe PLEASE stop with this. It's getting very annoying and isn't adding anything to the news at all. I said it once and i'll say it again...the TMZ only thread is not there for nothing.

What we do know is that Sony does have tonnes of songs which it can release whenever they please. If Universal/EMI/anyone else bid for post-2003/4 stuff, then we could see multiple MJ albums in a year... this could be seen as a good or bad thing.

Amanda Ghost is working on the "new" Sony album. This will be the project of her life. She's a lovely lady, an experienced songwriter and producer (and will continue her duel career) and by all accounts wants to release an album that will enhance Michael Jackson's legacy.
I'm glad she is involved as she has a musicians heart.

I hope the mods will look into this soon, cause the same shit is happening again. I don't understand why people simply can't follow simple rules. Also let's not forget these assholes from TMZ called him a healthy drug addict. No matter what, they simply HAD to call him something negative. WE are feeding them by posting this crap....it's bad enough there's a special folder for this, but LEAVE IT OUT of the 'true' news section.

Like Trish said :

The reason why this folder is being created is because members seemingly can't stop posting reports from TMZ. So if you have a TMZ news report, place it here.

THANKS GOD!!!!!!!!! and Michael too, i know you're up there moving all these:yes:

the best part is that it says 2 albums!:clapping:, im sure there are more, BUT PLEASE Sony DONT mess in here, and McClain get out of the project!!!!!!

Yeah thats technically true, but if MJ had released a new studio album, he might have used a different label... all the latest $ony's have been compilations and re-issues anyway...

I 100% agree, do to these songs only what Michael would have...
Thanks! :)

But "officially" Michael never left Sony. This was never disclosed. T25 and the King of Pop was released by Sony. Strange...

great news!!!!!!!

HAHAHA... I guess i should have kept reading after page 2...

Somebody HAD to be fired.

This was Sony's fault. They are the record label.

They have 100s of people who work in Sony-ATV in multiple cities & countries!!!

You know, the company that MJ co-owns and the f*ckers couldn't even do a simple publishing research search???

:blink::blink::blink::blink:

But yeah, someone at Sony - a BIG person - was fired today, maybe more.

Did Paul Anka write LOVE NEVER FELT SO GOOD too? Or is this a co-write with Michael and Paul? Is that the next release. I love that song.

Well we knew that Sony had to fire a few idiots. The messed up the whole released. I am quite sure they will be careful in the future.
Now why wasn't McClain fired?

Love Never Felt so Good was written by Michael, Anka and Kathy Wakefield.

Well we knew that Sony had to fire a few idiots. The messed up the whole released. I am quite sure they will be careful in the future.
Now why wasn't McClain fired?

Love Never Felt so Good was written by Michael, Anka and Kathy Wakefield.

Wow - Kathy Wakefield is a name I haven't heard in a long time. She co-wrote a lot of movie songs.

Did Paul Anka write LOVE NEVER FELT SO GOOD too? Or is this a co-write with Michael and Paul? Is that the next release.

After the way Wanka's been acting by taking this matter which is normally handled without the press involved?

Here's my guess:

NO.

lol! This Is It is only good because Michael sung it or else it is zero!!
I cant wait for new songs to be released not with $$$ony.

lol! This Is It is only good because Michael sung it or else it is zero!!
I cant wait for new songs to be released not with $$$ony.

Trust me on this - knowing that MJs new material is not under Sony since 2004....

... then they scrabble & beg for the TII distribution rights...

...then they release the TII soundtrack and F-K up the "unreleased" new single because they were careless and sloppy...

...then to have the other Big 3 labels bidding MJs new material ... and Sony can't do a DAMN thing about it...

PRICELESS.

If somebody at Sony was really fired, I am pleased. It was a huge mistake and people responsible should be punished.

EVEN better than THIS IS IT!! lol funniest comment ever! any released MJ song is better than This Is It!!

Agreed. He didn't write the song as far as I heard, and admittedly it doesn't sound like something he'd write. His own songs are so much more better. :) I guess the lyrics had a strong and personal meaning to them that he chose to keep the song for the day he'd retire from touring.

Back