New Jackson Albums in the Wings

Well we knew that Sony had to fire a few idiots. The messed up the whole released. I am quite sure they will be careful in the future.
Now why wasn't McClain fired?

Love Never Felt so Good was written by Michael, Anka and Kathy Wakefield.

It doesn't look like Michael did much work on that song : it sounds like a Paul Anka song through and through, and was given by him to Johnny Mathis.

If you guys just read what Paul Anka said about MJ in an interview with Roger Friedman then you will be furious. Anka calls Jackson a poor songwriter who was a "riff writer" and did not write melodies. He says he was dishonest and a liar.

huh? is Anka still at it. damn least expected this from this man. He really needed to come out as no one was interested in him. Now he is giving interviews? Michael has a way of bringing rats out of their holes.
Well we need to write him an email or two..
Didnt he say, let Michael rest in peace?

If you guys just read what Paul Anka said about MJ in an interview with Roger Friedman then you will be furious. Anka calls Jackson a poor songwriter who was a "riff writer" and did not write melodies. He says he was dishonest and a liar.

Anka is a total jerk, I don't normally call someone names but he really does deserve it. Michael is a much better songwriter than Anka and he is just jealous. Does Anka think could really write anything as great as Billie Jean which when I last checked was voted a number of times the greatest song of this generation? Cos' I don't think he could.

WHAT!?!?!?

:8-25-03bomb:

WHAT!?!?!?

:8-25-03bomb:

Yes, here is the link so you can read it for yourself. I wrote a comment explaining all the amazing songs MJ has written as an artist. This Anka guy seems very self obsessed with an inflated ego.

Here is the quote

"Who is to blame? Michael Jackson. In death he’s just as much trouble as he is in life. This was an example of his basic dishonesty. He was not a great songwriter and often took credit for material that wasn’t his. “He was more of a riff writer than a melodist,” said Anka, whose hits include Frank Sinatra’s “My Way” and the theme music to the Johnny Carson “Tonight” Show."

http://showbiz411.blogs.thr.com/paul-anka-wrote-a-second-song-with-michael-jackson/#more-3313

Anka is a total jerk, I don't normally call someone names but he really does deserve it. Michael is a much better songwriter than Anka and he is just jealous. Does Anka think could really write anything as great as Billie Jean which when I last checked was voted a number of times the greatest song of this generation? Cos' I don't think he could.

Lol seriously, the songs Anka has written are so simple and corny. A three year old could do a better job. Seriously, I haven't been impressed with anything he's written.

What you said is right though. Anka is in fact jealous. He could never write anything as good as "Billie Jean", "They Don't Care About Us", "Who Is It", "Will U Be There", "Stranger In Moscow",etc. I bet that fool hasn't even heard most of the songs I mentioned anyway with the exception of "Billie Jean". No one's saying MJ was a songwriter on the level of say Paul McCartney or Stevie Wonder now, but he was pretty good and he had many brilliant moments as a songwriter.

Anka wishes he could write something as profound as "Stranger In Moscow". He could never. Anka is so jealous and bitter.

Yes, here is the link so you can read it for yourself. I wrote a comment explaining all the amazing songs MJ has written as an artist. This Anka guy seems very self obsessed with an inflated ego.

Here is the quote

"Who is to blame? Michael Jackson. In death he’s just as much trouble as he is in life. This was an example of his basic dishonesty. He was not a great songwriter and often took credit for material that wasn’t his. “He was more of a riff writer than a melodist,” said Anka, whose hits include Frank Sinatra’s “My Way” and the theme music to the Johnny Carson “Tonight” Show."

http://showbiz411.blogs.thr.com/paul-anka-wrote-a-second-song-with-michael-jackson/#more-3313

I am definitely not buying This Is It now at all because there is no way that I'm going to put money into that jerk's pocket. In my opinion the vast majority of Anka's songs are not memorable whatsoever and I think plenty of people would agree since hardly anyone seems to remember his 'hits' from the 60s. The guy obviously doesn't know what he is talking about because the songs that Michael has written all by himself have great melody and a lot of depth to them, most artists would dream of being able to write something as accomplished as Who Is It, Stranger In Moscow, Billie Jean, Beat It, The Way You Make Me Feel just to name a few. Funny how he says Michael wasn't a good songwriter yet I know that Anka did a cover of The Way You Make Me Feel....can anyone say JEALOUSY.

Supposedly only 20% of MJ's recorded songs have ever been released.

Michael wanted nothin more than to give his music to his fans. Sony should not hold back tbh.

Would love to hear songs from the last 10 years more than any other time. Was no doubt Michaels voice was at its best in the last decade of his life. Anyone disagree with that then go watch the Human Nature trailer for This Is It. :)

Here is the quote

Very disturbing! Someone from MJ’s camp should react…

I want to kick his ass...

Here is the quote

The article may say that, but the commenters throughly disagree.

They showed how Mj was a superlative songwriter with more success as the Wanka.

AGAIN, message to Paul Wanka:

ae9nv7.jpg

So Mr. Wanka, could you please step to the left? Because.....

2lxbers.gif

if that bastard comes up with a song like "Who Is It" or "Earth Song" then he can open his hole.

TMZ never said someone at Sony was fired.

And Argghh!! @ Wankshit, excuse my language but I really feel hatred for this guy now, how dare he say those things about Michael, you got your 50% that you wanted, now stop trying to get your name back in the spotlight by kicking dirt on Michaels name.

I swear if I saw Wankshit anywhere, I'd punch him the face repeatedly.

Ughhh! This just made so mad.

The "He was more of a riff writer...," may be Anka's quote, but in my opinion, the first few lines of that quote are the thoughts of ROGER FRIEDMAN and not Anka.

I could careless what Anka thinks, but those OTHER words sound just like something Friedman would say and has already said in the past. Look how the quotation marks are placed, that's not how you quote folks, unless you are trying to fool people. And by now we all know how Friedman get's down.

I hardly think that Anka had much contact with Michael after the 1980's, so how can he talk about "his basic dishonesty." Those are Friedman's words!

During their live chat, Harvey Levin said with his own mouth (I heard it) that happened.

Live Chat Or the daily television show that some tend to call "Live TMZ" or "TMZ Live"?

If its the latter then he jokingly said "someone at sony is now packing there boxes after this screw up", after someone mentioned them finding TII in a box.

You may be correct though as I don't watch the Chat stream they tend to do, if that's what you're referring to then I stand corrected, friend.

Live Chat Or the daily television show that some tend to call "Live TMZ" or "TMZ Live"?

If its the latter then he jokingly said "someone at sony is now packing there boxes after this screw up", after someone mentioned them finding TII in a box.

You may be correct though as I don't watch the Chat stream they tend to do, if that's what you're referring to then I stand corrected, friend.

The one that they show on their blog around 3pm-3:30pm Los Angeles Time - NOT the TV show.

Too much stress all day from this Pauly Wanka guy. I just feel like I need to squash my stress balls.

The "He was more of a riff writer...," may be Anka's quote, but in my opinion, the first few lines of that quote are the thoughts of ROGER FRIEDMAN and not Anka.

I could careless what Anka thinks, but those OTHER words sound just like something Friedman would say and has already said in the past. Look how the quotation marks are placed, that's not how you quote folks, unless you are trying to fool people. And by now we all know how Friedman get's down.

I hardly think that Anka had much contact with Michael after the 1980's, so how can he talk about "his basic dishonesty." Those are Friedman's words!

I agree. The whole section is a quote with Paul Anka's quote in the middle. It's misleading. You tend to read the whole thing as an Anka quote because it's about him but the whole section is someone elses quote.

Here is the quote

hello..is this written by Roger Friedman..???

Amanda Ghost is working on the "new" Sony album. This will be the project of her life. She's a lovely lady, an experienced songwriter and producer (and will continue her duel career) and by all accounts wants to release an album that will enhance Michael Jackson's legacy.
I'm glad she is involved as she has a musicians heart.

Interesting. I assume this "new" Sony album would include post-'Vince material up to 2003 and songs that were intended for Invincible but never made it.

Thanks! :)

But "officially" Michael never left Sony. This was never disclosed. T25 and the King of Pop was released by Sony. Strange...

From what I've read MJ allowed T25 to be released. That doesn't mean he was still with Phony $ony. They could still release his old stuff. I assume he was just a free agent. I hope the estate does not release material from 2003 and after with $ony.

Too much stress all day from this Pauly Wanka guy. I just feel like I need to squash my stress balls.

Don't let this guy get you heated. He's just talking to make himself feel good. Relax! :cheeky: :cheers:

EVEN better than THIS IS IT!! lol funniest comment ever! any released MJ song is better than This Is It!!

That's a bit harsh... I think it's a fine song, but definitely not a good choice for the lead track.

I get why they did it... it has the words "This Is It" in the song and it is a nice little track to play during the credits, but it shouldn't have been THE song. Something newer, more current, with a more epic ending would have been better. I kept thinking we were going to get a gospel or a big ending, but the track just sort of fades out, and that is that. Very dissapointing.

They need to listen to the feedback from fans for the next album. The general public will probably be fine with "This Is It", but I think we're overdue for some truly new material, stuff from the Invincible sessions onwards.

To Be honest the more I hear it the better it sounds as I only think of Michael and not the Anka man..
What does 'riff writer' means anyone?

God, I hate Paul Anka. It's obvious he hates Michael because Michael wouldn't allow their duet to be on his album. You know at that time, everything Michael did turned to gold. Michael only sang the background vocals to Rockwell's 'Somebody's Watching Me' and the song went to #1!

Paul is just bitter and hateful and really is just jealous of Michael. So what if he wrote 'My Way'. People all over the world know Michael's songs. . . Paul Anka's, umm, not so much.

Anyways, notice how we haven't heard from Quincy Jones on this mess. Didn't the article say that Michael and Quincy went back to get the tapes?!

To Be honest the more I hear it the better it sounds...
Same here! My first thought was "well... it just sounds like a reworked demo", which it is, but I like it more every time I listen to it.

I really hope this is true about getting at least one new album with more recent material. Although I wouldn't mind an album of older unreleased songs either.

Back