New MJ content (Possibility)

Eddlicious;4311735 said:
If there's a posthumous song being reworked by Max Martin with a Weeknd feature, then it just might be Michael's 14th number one hit.

And the song could be performed at the Super Bowl next year?!?!? There’s definitely something going on...

The Super Bowl will be on the 7th Feb and The Weeknd is headlining the halftime show so we should know something in January if anything is happening.
Cprep20;4311962 said:
And the song could be performed at the Super Bowl next year?!?!? There’s definitely something going on...

I know we should take this with a massive grain of salt, but this would be the absolute biggest way for MJ to come back post LN. A song with The Weeknd, potentially performed at the Super Bowl? If that doesn’t scream #1 hit, idk what does.

Absolutely. Although it does also depend on how good the song actually is. Here's hoping this is all true.
AlwaysThere;4312044 said:
I know we should take this with a massive grain of salt, but this would be the absolute biggest way for MJ to come back post LN. A song with The Weeknd, potentially performed at the Super Bowl? If that doesn’t scream #1 hit, idk what does.

Re: New MJ content?

The Weeknd usually hints at new projects through his IG and Twitter. When I saw him posting pictures of Michael and Frank DiLeo I was losing my shit. I love Michael very much, and sure do I love The Weeknd as well. When his new album was coming out he teased us as well. The same with Super Bowl. So maybeeee, maybeeee there will be a new song featuring The Weeknd. I don't want to have big hope, but I really hope this is true.

lol, if its really for superbowl...:

my expectations:
- unheard MJ vocals
- unheard uptempo song
- not from the 80s, but from late 90s / 2000s
- post 2005 plz?

what will happen (thanks to the lazy estate):
- use a known song (ie. like "Jam" or anything from Thriller)
- weeknd sings 90% of the known song, MJ on hook
- re-use the "Jam" superbowl performance
- MJ appears on screens (background), while weeknd is on stage. -> hype enough for the estate!

the weeknd got a rival. look at bts what they doing with michael the past months. i think alot people miss out what happen last night. i feel if the weeknd gonna do anything he needs to wait awhile because bts really been kicking people butts. whatever you like them or not.

lol, if its really for superbowl...:

my expectations:
- unheard MJ vocals
- unheard uptempo song
- not from the 80s, but from late 90s / 2000s
- post 2005 plz?

what will happen (thanks to the lazy estate):
- use a known song (ie. like "Jam" or anything from Thriller)
- weeknd sings 90% of the known song, MJ on hook
- re-use the "Jam" superbowl performance
- MJ appears on screens (background), while weeknd is on stage. -> hype enough for the estate!

You think they hired The Weeknd to cover an already-released song and sing the majority of the vocals? Come on. Even for all the anti-Estate mumbo jumbo, that's absolutely ridiculous. I could see this happening if it was a "Don't Matter to Me" situation and The Weeknd was given one of the songs that was never finished, but if it's for MJ's album, it will likely be similar to "Love Never Felt So Good" -- MJ's the lead, The Weeknd is the feature.

Was there a reason why he was posting MJ pics or was it just random post? This could be a hint.
The Weeknd usually hints at new projects through his IG and Twitter. When I saw him posting pictures of Michael and Frank DiLeo I was losing my shit. I love Michael very much, and sure do I love The Weeknd as well. When his new album was coming out he teased us as well. The same with Super Bowl. So maybeeee, maybeeee there will be a new song featuring The Weeknd. I don't want to have big hope, but I really hope this is true.

Don’t expect anything. Then there will be no disappointment whatsoever. We’ve been doing this for years now (hyping up stuff) and in the end we are extremely disappointed and hugely frustrated.

Take the Mark Ronson post for example. After that it was radio silence. The estate can’t use the “documentary which must not be named” as an excuse. Michael can’t be muted and is in too many hearts. His music muted the negativity. Look at his streams on Spotify. Still going strong.

Willing to bet a lot of money this is not happening.

IMWhizzle;4312121 said:
Take the Mark Ronson post for example. After that it was radio silence. The estate can’t use the “documentary which must not be named” as an excuse. Michael can’t be muted and is in too many hearts. His music muted the negativity. Look at his streams on Spotify. Still going strong.

Uh... yeah, they can.

2019 was the worst year to do anything in support of Michael Jackson. His Spotify numbers are irrelevant; we all know he's still a massive pop culture figure and that people still listen to his music. But if Leaving Neverland could completely overshadowed commemorations of the tenth anniversary of his death, led to radio bans in several countries, and temporarily initiate the most intense "cancel MJ" movement we've yet seen (regardless of its success or lack thereof), do you really think a new album/single would've been a smart move? That would be like if Michael dropped an album in the middle of the 2005 trial -- no reasonable person would've said, "That was the best possible decision."

The Estate's radio silence from 2015 to 2018 was annoying. Their withdrawal from the public eye from 2019 to 2020 was completely justifiable, and (in my opinion) the right thing to do. The last two years gave people plenty of time to see the documentary for what it is and embrace Michael publicly once again. And ideally, 2021 is the perfect time for them to come back with a vengeance.

Uh... yeah, they can.

2019 was the worst year to do anything in support of Michael Jackson. His Spotify numbers are irrelevant; we all know he's still a massive pop culture figure and that people still listen to his music. But if Leaving Neverland could completely overshadowed commemorations of the tenth anniversary of his death, led to radio bans in several countries, and temporarily initiate the most intense "cancel MJ" movement we've yet seen (regardless of its success or lack thereof), do you really think a new album/single would've been a smart move? That would be like if Michael dropped an album in the middle of the 2005 trial -- no reasonable person would've said, "That was the best possible decision."

The Estate's radio silence from 2015 to 2018 was annoying. Their withdrawal from the public eye from 2019 to 2020 was completely justifiable, and (in my opinion) the right thing to do. The last two years gave people plenty of time to see the documentary for what it is and embrace Michael publicly once again. And ideally, 2021 is the perfect time for them to come back with a vengeance.

I couldn't agree more, Always.

Releasing something last year would have been a total waste for reasons stated above.

There is nothing else coming, at least for the next 3 or so years.

Sorry not been following this that much but where did the possible duet or featuring of The Weekend come from?

xscape guy 2003;4312217 said:
Sorry not been following this that much but where did the possible duet or featuring of The Weekend come from?

An anonymous Twitter account has been tweeting about an upcoming MJ product over the last few months and mentioned The Weeknd. Then a week or so ago, The Weeknd, who had a reputation for teasing new projects on social media, randomly posted pics of MJ, so people latched onto it. It’s all speculation at this point, but it’s the first time in about six years that there are things, no matter how coincidental, that are actually lining up. So, the hype train is boarding!

I am constantly having high hopes! I need to stop this. If the Estate doesn't release a new song (featuring The Weeknd) some time before the Super Bowl performance, then it does mean that everything was just a hoax. I really, really, really hope that all of this is true.

I am constantly having high hopes! I need to stop this. If the Estate doesn't release a new song (featuring The Weeknd) some time before the Super Bowl performance, then it does mean that everything was just a hoax. I really, really, really hope that all of this is true.

I would say The Weeknd signing a Michael Jackson cover song at the super bowl might be a possibility. A new MJ song with The Weeknd unlikely considering they never recorded together.

I would say The Weeknd signing a Michael Jackson cover song at the super bowl might be a possibility. A new MJ song with The Weeknd unlikely considering they never recorded together.

Justin Timberlake didn't record with MJ neither. - But Love Never Felt So Good is still an awesome song. Great energy.

Someone mentioned the whole "LA 89 will never be released due to Safechuck" but there is one show that has a higher possibility than that. I believe Safechuck doesn't appear in the NY 3/3/88 tape (which I believe is actually 3/6/88) that the Estate used on BAD 25.

A new song with the Weeknd could very much be possible given the number of features the Weeknd has done in the last few months like featuring with Maluma and on a Christmas song. In terms of style resembling MJ, he is like Justin Timberlake. It would mutually benefit both the estate and the Weeknd if a collab is on cards.

But primarily depends on how good the song is. The twitter account said that Max Martin could be producing the track, which would be brilliant given that he produced Blinding Lights and other 80s inspired tracks. Hoping that the long wait for a quality new track is actually worth it.

I am absolute sure we will get new material within 3 years!

I hope the is real the The Estate works with The Weeknd - that would be a smart move.

If MJ was the first to have a number 10 hit in 5 different decades that would be great marketing tool for an upcoming full all new album.

I am absolute sure we will get new material within 3 years!

I hope the is real the The Estate works with The Weeknd - that would be a smart move.

If MJ was the first to have a number 10 hit in 5 different decades that would be great marketing tool for an upcoming full all new album.

Yess! MJ already has top 10 hits in 5 decades as a solo artist. And a top 10 hit with the Weeknd is highly likely if the song is well made and produced. Also it would be interesting to see if we can get the D'angelo and Mary J Blige feature on Hot Fun

I know we shouldn’t be getting excited because this source is less than reputable, but after six years of silence, I can’t help myself. The thought of hearing brand new MJ is unbelievable.

That would be amazing to have new MJ music. I was always under the impression that the reason he didn't release unreleased music was because it wasn't up to par for his standards? Either way would love to hear what could have been.

That would be amazing to have new MJ music. I was always under the impression that the reason he didn't release unreleased music was because it wasn't up to par for his standards? Either way would love to hear what could have been.

Not always. - Sometimes a song simply just didn't fit the album. Maybe there was a song that sounded a bit the same - like For All Time/Human Nature.

Many songs was written/produced for one album and ended up on another album many years later. So just because MJ did not release a song does not mean he never wanted it released.

You're building yourselves up for dissapointment though. You really think there's gonna be a new song or a duet with the Weeknd or a super bowl thing with all the LN fallout stuff still going on. Radio won't even play the hits let alone entertain the idea of him being featured at the biggest TV event if the year.

It's sad but true, I'm not happy with the way things are but I don't see that the estate have much choice.

I know that this is just rumours yet but at the end of the day how long can LN & the frauds dictate the estates future plans? The best thing would be start releasing new projects & put the focus back on the music and art MJ left us with.
You're building yourselves up for dissapointment though. You really think there's gonna be a new song or a duet with the Weeknd or a super bowl thing with all the LN fallout stuff still going on. Radio won't even play the hits let alone entertain the idea of him being featured at the biggest TV event if the year.

It's sad but true, I'm not happy with the way things are but I don't see that the estate have much choice.

Back