New MJ content (Possibility)

Re: New MJ content?

I fully agree don't get me wrong. But it's up to Sony at the end of the day isn't it.

Whatever the thing about the weeknd is true. we shouldn't get our hopes up. LN is still on HBO and like i said before BTS is the hot group now. none of know whatever the estate will choose them to take over alittle of michael because the estate already support them and they support MJ.

it would be surprising if they take the super bowl. in my opinion the weeknd should of took don't matter than drake. he was bad choice. Sony owns everything. BTS is on the Sony label.

i hope we get new music one day. either it's from the weeknd, bts, or any other current artist that respects MJ.

Last edited:
NatureCriminal7896;4312508 said:
Whatever the thing about the weeknd is true. we shouldn't get our hopes up. LN is still on HBO and like i said before BTS is the hot group now. none of know whatever the estate will choose them to take over alittle of michael because the estate already support them and they support MJ.

it would be surprising if they take the super bowl. in my opinion the weeknd should of took don't matter than drake. he was bad choice. Sony owns everything. BTS is on the Sony label.

New MJ music would do well on the charts right now doesn’t matter if it has The Weeknd or not. Only a few artists are in Mjs category and BTS is not even close. If the estate released a good song it would do well. If they choose to do duets they better choose wisely. Adel,Gaga The Weeknd and maybe Ed Sheren and that’s about it. I’m sure I’m missing one or two that would be acceptable but they are few and far between.

Smooth72;4312517 said:
New MJ music would do well on the charts right now doesn’t matter if it has The Weeknd or not. Only a few artists are in Mjs category and BTS is not even close. If the estate released a good song it would do well. If they choose to do duets they better choose wisely. Adel,Gaga The Weeknd and maybe Ed Sheren and that’s about it. I’m sure I’m missing one or two that would be acceptable but they are few and far between.

Mariah carey would great for a duet

Surely a duet with The Weeknd would give MJ a # 1 song again... But do we really need a song with a MJ wannabe?
At this point put a vocal impersonator and let's pretend it's Michael...
Oh, wait... they already did it a decade ago.

I have nothing against artists that are inspire by MJ being on an MJ song. alot of artists that was/is inspire by MJ did a duet with him when he was alive. the weeknd is not a MJ wannabe. he is a big fan and inspire by him.

all artists have to start from somewhere. MJ was inspire by James Brown but that always get look over.

so in my opinion the weeknd, bts, mariah carey and any other artist that respect MJ.

Jackson Rules;4312582 said:
Surely a duet with The Weeknd would give MJ a # 1 song again... But do we really need a song with a MJ wannabe?
At this point put a vocal impersonator and let's pretend it's Michael...
Oh, wait... they already did it a decade ago.

I don’t understand the hate you have against The Weeknd. The Weeknd a wannabe? The Weeknd said so many times that he is inspired by MJ. It’s because of MJ he found his falsetto. He doesn’t compare himself to Michael. Just shut the hell up if you don’t have anything useful to say.

Doggone;4312602 said:
I don’t understand the hate you have against The Weeknd. The Weeknd a wannabe? The Weeknd said so many times that he is inspired by MJ. It’s because of MJ he found his falsetto. He doesn’t compare himself to Michael. Just shut the hell up if you don’t have anything useful to say.

hey dude. she have the right to voice her opinion.

I'm not a fan of The Weeknd, but I can see where this collaboration would be smart from a commercial perspective.

If it were up to me though, it would be BTS. They've shown Michael so much love over the past couple years and they're a global phenomenon. I feel like The Weeknd would make waves in the US and some other countries, but BTS would nearly shut the world down.

In my opinion i'll take any artists that respects MJ. whatever i'm a fan of them or not.

hey dude. she have the right to voice her opinion.

Yeah, you can have an opinion. But keep it to facts in stead of throwing shades. If something happened to Michael everyone would be butthurt. I love both artists dearly.

Michael was known getting his own ideas and style. BUT he was also inspire but other artists. like i said above Michael was inspire by James Brown. he was also inspire by jackie wilson, stevie wonder, diana ross, and many others.

same goes for the weeknd and bts.

Doggone;4312602 said:

Just because you're a fan of The Weeknd you don't have to defend what is indefensible... His vocal style and the 80s style instrumentals are the two obvious things to say he tries hard to be this decade's MJ but without any innovation.
Plus, his live performances of Blinding Lights where he performs in a persona looks straight from the performances MJ used to do, in a cheaper way of course.
Then I'd like to add more things, which are my opinions and you must accept them, but my limited knowledge of English doesn't let me do it.

no hate. but i just listen to blinding lights. it does sounds 80's also he does try to sound like MJ in his voice. i kind of agree with jackson rules. is that his real voice? the song sound pretty good. but i see what she means.

no hate. but i just listen to blinding lights. it does sounds 80's also he does try to sound like MJ in his voice. i kind of agree with jackson rules. is that his real voice? the song sound pretty good. but i see what she means.

I'm not a "she", I'm a man! :)

Anyway I acknowledge that the 80s sounds are coming back, Dua Lipa is another example of a singer who's using this kind of instrumentals.
But she has her own style, she doesn't force herself to sound like Madonna or another big star of the 80s.
Enjoying a duet means also to see how two different vocal style merge together in one song.

I'm not a "she", I'm a man! :)

Anyway I acknowledge that the 80s sounds are coming back, Dua Lipa is another example of a singer who's using this kind of instrumentals.
But she has her own style, she doesn't force herself to sound like Madonna or another big star of the 80s.
Enjoying a duet means also to see how two different vocal style merge together in one song.

sorry. i wasn't sure what your gender was. :blush:

i agree. it wouldn't sound right for the weeknd and michael vocals to do a duet together. having two artists that sound similar to one another wouldn't be good for a song in my opinion.

Let’s just hope the next time we do get a new song it’s not a duet. The disagreement wouldn’t go over well with fans. For example the older fans will have a totally different opinion compared to the younger generation.

Smooth72;4312686 said:
Let’s just hope the next time we do get a new song it’s not a duet. The disagreement wouldn’t go over well with fans. For example the older fans will have a totally different opinion compared to the younger generation.

I do agree with this. you got some older fans that's okay with somethings and then you got some who aren't. i would say the samething with younger fans too. not all younger fans agree everything their generation do.

i think the estate should target older fans and younger fans as a whole. BUT do it the right way. keep in mind michael was a big kid himself.

If they really wanted to they could be doing super deluxe box sets with demos and working versions and all that. Dvds with each box etc. But they're not. There's so much material there for album box sets but the estate isn't interested and neither are Sony. The brand has become too toxic currently and until the heat dies down regarding LN we won't be seeing anything.

Personally I think the way to combat the bad press would be to release stuff and shift the focus back on the music. Hire someone like the Prince estate have, release superb Grammy nominated box sets. Packed with demos and working versions and everything else. But they won't.

Just because you're a fan of The Weeknd you don't have to defend what is indefensible... His vocal style and the 80s style instrumentals are the two obvious things to say he tries hard to be this decade's MJ but without any innovation.
Plus, his live performances of Blinding Lights where he performs in a persona looks straight from the performances MJ used to do, in a cheaper way of course.
Then I'd like to add more things, which are my opinions and you must accept them, but my limited knowledge of English doesn't let me do it.

What's wrong with Weeknd trying to be like MJ? You make it seem like he committed some crime or something. Calm the hell down!

If they really wanted to they could be doing super deluxe box sets with demos and working versions and all that. Dvds with each box etc. But they're not. There's so much material there for album box sets but the estate isn't interested and neither are Sony. The brand has become too toxic currently and until the heat dies down regarding LN we won't be seeing anything.

Personally I think the way to combat the bad press would be to release stuff and shift the focus back on the music. Hire someone like the Prince estate have, release superb Grammy nominated box sets. Packed with demos and working versions and everything else. But they won't.

that would be a good idea. but sony full of it. michael said it he was alive. even mariah carey said it. michael is gone and they still full of it. bts better be careful because their on the label.

i hope the grammys do something like that in the future. but they full of it too. smh.

I wouldn't enjoy The Weeknd on an MJ track at all. It seems to me like something someone would say as a joke, so it's probably going to happen.

Why not try getting Beyoncé involved? Michael liked her, and she's got a worldwide fan base who would devour that collaboration.

Beyoncé would be a good choice too. she did what more can i give when michael was alive for 2001 after the 9/11 attacks.

...The Weeknd ... His vocal style and the 80s style instrumentals are the two obvious things to say he tries hard to be this decade's MJ but without any innovation.

80s style is a thing in general, and the 'SynthWave' retro genre seems to have hit mainstream with the latest The Weeknd productions now. Just to say... it doesn't always mean people are out to copy Michael Jackson when things sound 80s. Michael didn't invent any of that.

I've never heard a The Weeknd song that reminded me of anything Michael Jackson. But that's a matter of perspective, I guess.

Last edited:

He's definitely tried to ape MJ's style at various points, using his trademarks in songs etc.

Back