New MJ content (Possibility)

Re: New MJ content?

I really do think you are getting your hopes up based on some twitter accounts. There is no new music coming and nothing with the weeknd happening. Mark my words.

I don't really trust the twitter account either - BUT I still think we will get something this year.

Last album was Xscape - and since that we have had only DMTM - and IMO that doesn't count as a new MJ song.

If we get a new album or just a few singles - that I do not know, noone but the estate does I guess - but I feel quite sure we get something this year.
Maybe also Thriller 4K for Halloween.

Nothing will happen, more than likely but it’s still nice to dream with everything that has happened.

If nothing happens for the 50TH! anniversary then that just solidifies my disappointment in them. The last posthumous item I purchased was 'Xscape' and I'm expecting that to not change anytime soon.

I won't be surprised if all they do is post a badly edited wrongly dated photo on twitter.

This is making me laugh, but seriously with a more competent estate we'd certainly be getting a box set.. Similar to what a few other estates are doing for such Milestones. Just look at what's being done for The Beatles. This year alone, Let It Be 50th Anniversary and a feature film by Peter Jackson.

This is making me laugh, but seriously with a more competent estate we'd certainly be getting a box set.. Similar to what a few other estates are doing for such Milestones. Just look at what's being done for The Beatles. This year alone, Let It Be 50th Anniversary and a feature film by Peter Jackson.

vI0rb0L.jpg

or in brief: "If they ask why, why? Tell'em they should just shut up!"

vI0rb0L.jpg

or in brief: If they ask why, why? Tell'em they should just shut up!

Very true indeed, as others have said previously their ego is just dreadful and unhealthy. They need to take a serious evaluation.

Michael legacy will live on without the estate it's just sadly me they don't care about Michael or his fans but money which is understandable but still though. smh.

wait i take that back, they seem to care about the lawsuits and court cases though. but at the same time the fans had to do it ourselves. so yeah this estate is trash. i'm not pro estate or anti estate but they can do better.

I agree with everything that is said in this video.

I'm just waiting for a proper vinyl reissue of all his albums (including Blood on the Dancefloor) + a boxset combing all his non-album tracks in their oirignal form (Behind the mask demo, etc).
Then I can move on from this mess of an Estate.

I agree with everything that is said in this video.

Just realised that the estate has edited their previous statement. The first sentences have been deleted. ("Simply put, it is other estates that are trying to compete with the Michael Jackson Estate, not the reverse. As you know, Michael has topped the list of highest earning celebrities and/or the list of highest earnings celebrity estates every year since he passed away. So for anybody that has done the analysis, there is simply no comparison")

Last edited:

Just realised that the estate has edited their previous statement. The first sentences have been deleted. ("Simply put, it is other estates that are trying to compete with the Michael Jackson Estate, not the reverse. As you know, Michael has topped the list of highest earning celebrities and/or the list of highest earnings celebrity estates every year since he passed away. So for anybody that has done the analysis, there is simply no comparison")

:doh:

I’ve done enough pro-Estate advocating already, but I will say that complaining about the lack of anniversary material when there’s eleven months left in the year is just ridiculous. Yes, Peter Jackson is doing something big for The Beatles, and that’s cool. But preemptively criticizing the Estate for doing nothing is absurd.

EDIT: to clarify, even though it might not seem this way, I’m not a pro-Estate guy. I think they’ve messed up countless times and can/should do better. I just also think that sometimes (emphasis on sometimes) they’re held to an unreasonable standard. They aren’t the Prince Estate and they aren’t Michael Jackson, so they shouldn’t be expected to measure up to either. And it seems like a lot of people don’t want to accept that.

Last edited:
AlwaysThere;4316422 said:
I’ve done enough pro-Estate advocating already, but I will say that complaining about the lack of anniversary material when there’s eleven months left in the year is just ridiculous. Yes, Peter Jackson is doing something big for The Beatles, and that’s cool. But preemptively criticizing the Estate for doing nothing is absurd.

EDIT: to clarify, even though it might not seem this way, I’m not a pro-Estate guy. I think they’ve messed up countless times and can/should do better. I just also think that sometimes (emphasis on sometimes) they’re held to an unreasonable standard. They aren’t the Prince Estate and they aren’t Michael Jackson, so they shouldn’t be expected to measure up to either. And it seems like a lot of people don’t want to accept that.

No, the estate isn't Michael Jackson. And that's something that is completely justified in your opinion, but being a business and proclaiming that they are aiming for quality over quantity should really be shown in the final product if this is true.

Simply, a worse than VHS Quality DVD in 2012 isn't enough. 3 fake songs on the first posthumous album is something completely unforgivable, they shouldn't really explain such things in a formidable way if theirs no proof in what we have seen from them. Michael needs better, the material is there. But that's not all it takes, it takes passion and enthusiasm into what you are creating for the world to experience.

I agree with alwaysthere. ( me and alwaysthere seem always agree with each other. kudos to you) all this fandom does is complain what not estate doing. it gotten so bad to the point it's start arguments and some fans distance the fandom.

the estate isn't Michael. that's an fact. but complaining isn't really doing anything. Michael was different and special. it would be nice if the estate could bring long time fans to the business. we tend to care about Michael does the estate claim they does.

michael shouldn't be compere to other artists BUT like many others has said the estate Can do better they just not trying which is sad.

If you're gonna release stuff of MJ's then I want it to be done respectfully and the Estate has definitely not done that at all. When they do something I think is great I'll say it and have in the past but mostly they don't. I'm not just gonna stop commenting on stuff because people think I'm being too hard on the poor multi million dollar estate.

alwaysthere didn't mean you have to stop commenting. just complaining isn't gonna do anything.

MJ Estate are held to an impossible standard. Nothing they ever do will be good enough, but in saying that, they *really* don’t help themselves.

The arrogance in that self published Q&A was straight up embarrassing.

dam2040;4316430 said:
MJ Estate are held to an impossible standard. Nothing they ever do will be good enough, but in saying that, they *really* don’t help themselves.

The arrogance in that self published Q&A was straight up embarrassing.

Not really an impossible standard, less frequent releases in the years following Michael's passing would have allowed them more time to focus on the art that is locked away in the vault. Instead of rushing with certain things they could have had their concentration on archiving the original source materials and focusing first on the strongest material that didn't require too much work to be done, an example of what I mean is the "painful" restoration they executed with a 24 year old cassette tape.

leaked setlist for the superbowl (no MJ it seems):
https://twitter.com/darinka_xi/status/1354581662961717253

no idea, if this is legit aswell :D
- Weeknd
- Kendrick Lamar
- Ariana Grande
- Daft Punk

I don't think any of us were expecting the Superbowl rumour to be true, it would however had been an incredible platform to once again cement Michael's art in the public eye. Of course The Weeknd needs to be the focus of this event, Michael would have taken the limelight away from his performance I think we can all agree which is probably the reason that this idea didn't cross their minds.

like many artists once they die people wanna make money out of them. it gonna come a time were people can't do nothing else with Michael if haven't already

Back