New MJ content (Possibility)

the mj vs beyoncé thing is ridiculous. i can't think of any other female artist who on top right now. i guess we can also have rihanna and lady gaga.

Re: New MJ content?

ady gaga loves mj so i thnk she will do good

I see the topic has evolved since the last time I posted in this thread.

Shoo away the prominent artists of today (with some lucky exceptions). It would be in my favor to listen to a duet between the King and the man J Star himself:

I see the topic has evolved since the last time I posted in this thread.

Shoo away the prominent artists of today (with some lucky exceptions). It would be in my favor to listen to a duet between the King and the man J Star himself:

:laughing: okay. i agree. but in my opinion not all artists are like this but most are today. we going off topic.

This thread will run and run but no new music is coming. Fact. The brand is seen as too toxic post LN

AlwaysThere;4317425 said:
I’ve grown to dislike TYLA a bit. It’s not a bad song, but the melody doesn’t really do much for me personally. It’s one of those songs that makes me think, “I can see why this one didn’t make it.”

As far as Beyoncé, while I agree that it would be a good move in terms of getting public attention, Nite Line is right: her fans would immediately jump on the “she’s better than MJ” train. They already go out of their way to invalidate him as it is; let’s not give them any more ammunition.

Also, WHO DARE SAYS THAT GLOUCESTERSHIRE IS AWFUL!? Lmao that’s one of my favorite MJ songs in years. I’m devastated he didn’t finish it. It feels like something that would’ve been on OTW if he recorded it in the 2000s.

If you were from the UK you’d probably understand. He absolutely butchers the pronunciation. And the overall song just does absolutely nothing for me.

I don't hate the song but it's nothing spectacular and obviously unfinished. Also the pronunciation is silly but it isn't something I'm getting annoyed about.

I'm from England and if he suddenly started singing the city/town/village as it was spelt, it wouldn't sound in place in the song imo. It's just like how he said sacradies instead of socrates. From the derailing of this thread it's kinda clear we are all anxious about hearing from greatestartists or maybe something official from The Estate, hopefully soon.

Last edited:
dam2040;4317461 said:
If you were from the UK you’d probably understand. He absolutely butchers the pronunciation. And the overall song just does absolutely nothing for me.

Yeah, the pronunciation thing really doesn’t phase me. I’m from the US, and if he did a song about Philadelphia and mispronounced it I’m sure it would take a bit to overlook, but if the song was good enough I could forgive it. Musically I absolutely adore it though.

rumandraisin;4317456 said:
This thread will run and run but no new music is coming. Fact. The brand is seen as too toxic post LN

Well... no. In 2019, this would’ve been absolutely true. But over the last two years, public perception towards MJ has swung back towards positive. Obviously the new music is all speculation, but the brand is recovering quickly.

AlwaysThere;4317468 said:
Yeah, the pronunciation thing really doesn’t phase me. I’m from the US, and if he did a song about Philadelphia and mispronounced it I’m sure it would take a bit to overlook, but if the song was good enough I could forgive it. Musically I absolutely adore it though.

Well... no. In 2019, this would’ve been absolutely true. But over the last two years, public perception towards MJ has swung back towards positive. Obviously the new music is all speculation, but the brand is recovering quickly.

I don’t think we’ll truly know until MJs next release. I just hope Wade is thrown out of court and HBO lose too.

^^

I agree. As far as numbers go, MJ is still a massive presence in the industry (he’s still in the Spotify Top 100 globally), and I feel like the first post-LN project will absolutely draw attention. But you’re right; the success is up in the air for now.

HBO’s case is looking bad, so I’ve got high hopes for that. No clue about Wade or James’; I haven’t kept up.

dam2040;4317461 said:

I'm from the UK and the pronunciation of Gloucestershire doesn't bother me at all. I think it is a very minor thing to get annoyed about.

DIG is a gorgeous song with a beautiful melody. I hope it is released someday.

AlwaysThere;4317478 said:
^^

I agree. As far as numbers go, MJ is still a massive presence in the industry (he’s still in the Spotify Top 100 globally), and I feel like the first post-LN project will absolutely draw attention. But you’re right; the success is up in the air for now.

HBO’s case is looking bad, so I’ve got high hopes for that. No clue about Wade or James’; I haven’t kept up.

Thankfully accuser no. 2's case has been dismissed already from the courts, a couple of months ago I believe. As for the HBO case, I think their is going to be a status conference some time in March. Accuser no. 1's case is still in the courts, but the scale is certainly tipping largely in Michael's favour. Michael's popularity is still huge, Number One's this past week has re entered the top 100 album charts in the UK at #34 and #20 in streams.

dam2040;4317461 said:

I think that's a bit dramatic. Sure, he says "shire" instead of "sheer", but he got the "gloster" part right.

And before this thread derails into a debate or Q&A about weird English pronunciations, yes, the correct pronunciation of Gloucestershire is "glostersheer".

Sure, he says "shire" instead of "sheer", but he got the "gloster" part right.

I also thought that he pronounces it ''Glostershire'' at first. He actually sings: ''I wish that we'll see Glou-CESTER-shire, again.'' LOL

But the song is really beautiful in my opinion.

DIG and People of The World are some of my favorite demos. - They are so beautiful I really wish MJ had completed them.
The melodies are great.

I also thought that he pronounces it ''Glostershire'' at first. He actually sings: ''I wish that we'll see Glou-CESTER-shire, again.'' LOL

But the song is really beautiful in my opinion.

Bruh... I thought that first bit was another word between see and "Glostershire", but you're right. LOL. I've only listened to it a couple of times, I guess the low quality threw me off.

I always heard it like "I hope that we'll see, now, Glister-shire again."
From what I head the actual prononciation should more like be "Glust-shurr"

Yeah not a fan.

Anyway, I really think MJE are waiting for Wade to be thrown on the 24th and then HBO before anything new happens.

Even if Wade’s case gets dismissed he will appeal which add another year of waiting game. Hopefully the HBO case will start sooner but this is not going away anytime soon.
dam2040;4317522 said:
Yeah not a fan.

Anyway, I really think MJE are waiting for Wade to be thrown on the 24th and then HBO before anything new happens.

the industry is going in the disco direction again so they can work with some unreleased off the wall songs like sunset driver which is a hit in my opinion
i think it has the least amount of unreleased songs online from a mj album

the industry is going in the disco direction again so they can work with some unreleased off the wall songs like sunset driver which is a hit in my opinion
Yeah...thats shii is weird!!! VERY WEIRD

You all seem to be like *Wow* disco is back , but it never really went away. It just innovated! Thing is after all this crap time we been through we need feel good songs! That's why Kylie/Dua Lipa is never out of the charts.

Yes dream collab would be Bruno and Michael co produced by Mark Ronson!

the next hologram's gonna have an afro :D

rolerprod;4317528 said:

‘Sunset Driver’ was already released on The Ultimate Collection in 2004.

Last edited:
Back