New MJ content (Possibility)

The IRS filing says the Estate found 83 songs, 'fragments of lyrics, tunes and vocals' at the time of Jackson's death.

- At the time of Jackson's death....

So many more songs could have been found later. - Some are still not in the estates possesion. Will.I.Am, Neff-U, etc.

They found 83 songs in 2009, that's not the same as there only is 83 songs total.

Key word for me with the Xscape talk is 'preliminary pull'. Doesn't sound like they went over and over the archives.

Yes he obviously had certain criteria but really only LNFSG did well in terms of a commercial hit. I still don't understand why "Hot Fun" wasn't released. The version worked on had QuestLove, D'Angelo & Mary J Blige on it. Hit potential right there.
AlwaysThere;4321889 said:
From the XSCAPE booklet:

So, not only did L.A. Reid only have access to the 24 songs the Estate pulled from the archives, but the involvement of Sony’s A&R man during the initial pull implies that they were also considering commercial potential and were judging the music’s quality as they went. So, in all likelihood, there were MORE than 24 viable songs to use; Branca, McClain, Doelp, and everyone else involved just thought that those 24 were the best of the bunch.

“We’re at an absolute turning point,” Branca said. “I think people have come to realize that Michael was innocent of any charges and unable to protect himself. We’ve got a wonderful Broadway play coming, we’ll be reopening our Cirque du Soleil show soon and we’ve got some surprises coming.”

https://apnews.com/article/michael-...ntertainment-16b50ce1c5c0c4d1b895a6dbd405e539

AmitLal92;4321911 said:
Yes he obviously had certain criteria but really only LNFSG did well in terms of a commercial hit. I still don't understand why "Hot Fun" wasn't released. The version worked on had QuestLove, D'Angelo & Mary J Blige on it. Hit potential right there.

According to L.A. Reid, it wasn’t finished by the album deadline.

Probably for the best. Other than my personal feelings about it, neither D’Angelo nor MJB have had a hit in years. I like them both, but asking them to be involved was certainly random to say the very least. LNFSG with Justin Timberlake was by far the smarter, stronger choice.

D'Angelo & MJB are brilliant and I reckon Hot Fun was produced similarly to LNFSG. So it was probably more of an authentic remix. I'm just judging by what Casey Rain has said about the track. He was blown away apparently by
AlwaysThere;4321916 said:
According to L.A. Reid, it wasn’t finished by the album deadline.

Probably for the best. Other than my personal feelings about it, neither D’Angelo nor MJB have had a hit in years. I like them both, but asking them to be involved was certainly random to say the very least. LNFSG with Justin Timberlake was by far the smarter, stronger choice.

AmitLal92;4321914 said:
“We’re at an absolute turning point,” Branca said. “I think people have come to realize that Michael was innocent of any charges and unable to protect himself. We’ve got a wonderful Broadway play coming, we’ll be reopening our Cirque du Soleil show soon and we’ve got some surprises coming.”

https://apnews.com/article/michael-...ntertainment-16b50ce1c5c0c4d1b895a6dbd405e539

Oh don't get me excited like that!!!

Branca is teasing us... It could be the delayed HIStory 25 project that they spoke briefly about in the updated FAQ on MJ’s website.

Here's hoping they release "Chicago 1945" at some point (albeit probably under a different name, like "Never Again"). Feels good though to know that we get something after all this time

That @greatestartists account just tweeted, “September.”

Obviously they could just be jumping on the news that the Estate won the IRS battle, but I feel a storm coming. I can’t WAIT.

AlwaysThere;4321931 said:

Obviously they could just be jumping on the news that the Estate won the IRS battle, but I feel a storm coming. I can’t WAIT.

If @greatestartists is playing I'm gonna have a word or two with the guy (pic not related)

200.gif

Seriously though I'm actually getting hyped

AlwaysThere;4321931 said:

September marks the 20th anniversary of MJs last concerts. MSG '01 on BD is in the works, I assume.:shockv4:

I wouldn't be against that if it included the 2nd concert.

Pretty sure they would never ever release any different than both shows edited together...
watch the amateur versions of both shows. Too much mistakes there.. it would show MJ in a bad light.. they would not take that risk.
Though i would buy any new live cd/dvd/bd release!

Please, God, don't release the 30th Anniversary concerts. Keep those and the HIStory Tour in the vault.

Just give us new music. PLEASE.

Surprises coming, he's already mentioned a film.. I wouldn't be surprised if the film is an anniversary special similar to 'The One'. September? Interestingly enough - the same month the Musical will debut on Broadway. New music is the most likely with all the rumours that have been circulating this past year.. anything else is a treat, the perfect system would be something reminiscent of The Ultimate Collection imo.

Please, God, don't release the 30th Anniversary concerts. Keep those and the HIStory Tour in the vault.

Just give us new music
. PLEASE.

FYI: Your posting has been sent to the Estate.
However, there might have been some dropouts during transmission.:saintv1:

Last edited:
Have you all noticed that The Jacksons' social media has been very active lately? And did you realize that the Triumph Tour LA... was performed in september... 1981..?

I really hope they don't miss the chance (once again) to give us what we want.

FYI: Your posting has been sent to the Estate.
However, there might have been some dropouts during transmission.:saintv1:

If they release either of those concerts, I deny any and all responsibility lol

Keeping expectations low to avoid disappointment. I will believe it when I see it. Concerts + New Music + Docs would be nice though.

Hopefully this is the time we finally get to hear some of his last tracks (RedOne, maybe will.i.am but I don't really care anymore) and the songs he was working on by himself/Michael Prince/Brad Buxer with the gothic direction.
Its most likely it will be as part of a collection. Wouldn't mind new versions of the previously released tracks (Price of fame, cheater and the demos from the Michael album)

Hopefully this is the time we finally get to hear some of his last tracks (RedOne, maybe will.i.am but I don't really care anymore) and the songs he was working on by himself/Michael Prince/Brad Buxer with the gothic direction.
Its most likely it will be as part of a collection. Wouldn't mind new versions of the previously released tracks (Price of fame, cheater and the demos from the Michael album)

I agree. A respectully updated version of Price of Fame, Cheater, We've Had Enough annd maybe Got The Hots would be nice alongside some new songs.

IF the Estate only wants to release 7 all new songs, they could release 7 all new songs and then add 3-4 of the rare songs in contemporized versions.

I just hope very much it's true something is coming this year. It's been so long. New music would be best, then new concert(s)! - If a doc was made respectfully like BAD25 I would like that too. - Hopefully with even more studio footage and behind the scenes from musicvideos and concerts.

GA also tweeted - "Many things were held back due to Covid-19. More surprises to come."

Back