New MJ content (Possibility)

Nite Line;4322126 said:
Willingly? Releasing Cascio tracks was a massive blunder on the part of the Estate, but I doubt they did it willingly. Michael was a close friend of the Cascios for the last 15 years of his life and even stayed at their house for a short time in 2007. The estate didn’t have any reason to doubt the Cascios and their tracks, considering Michael’s close relationship with the family. People blame estate for the fake tracks but I hardly hear any criticism for the Cascios who turned out to yet another backstabbing family.

I completely agree with your statement here, and also the fact he has sold so many items.. a couple of which I nearly wholeheartedly doubt their authenticity. The Estate can't be 100% solely to blame, neither can Teddy Riley. They were both given material to work with. Cascio clearly had money at the forefront of his mind, but The Estate should have questioned the vocals at the very least.. considering no alternate takes, studio chat, pictures etc.

I don't think anyone is saying the cascios are innocent. The estate were ultimately the ones that decided to release them despite doubts coming from literally every possible direction and that is where I lay the blame for this situation.

The Cascio situation is horrid from every angle. Eddie, his family, James Porte, Jason Malachi, Stuart Brawley, Teddy Riley, Branca, McClain, Frank Dileo — they’re all complicit and they’re all deserving of the criticism they get. I know Branca has expressed his regrets privately since the album dropped, but I pray he eventually speaks publicly about what was going through his mind when he pushed to release three songs that were unanimously considered fraudulent.

AlwaysThere;4322142 said:
The Cascio situation is horrid from every angle. Eddie, his family, James Porte, Jason Malachi, Stuart Brawley, Teddy Riley, Branca, McClain, Frank Dileo — they’re all complicit and they’re all deserving of the criticism they get. I know Branca has expressed his regrets privately since the album dropped, but I pray he eventually speaks publicly about what was going through his mind when he pushed to release three songs that were unanimously considered fraudulent.

Cascio is bad guy with Malachi as some fake MJ

AlwaysThere;4322142 said:

In McClain's defense, he once said that after he heard "Soldier Boy" he knew that none of the Cascio tracks were authentic

Literally everyone who was played the tracks said that they weren't comfortable saying it was him. They even held a meeting where they played people who had worked with MJ the vocals and the consensus was that it wasn't him. The estate had plenty of warning signs and could have easily not released them if they actually cared.

Like I said the Estate made a massive blunder, but to say that they didn't care or willingly release fake tracks is ludicrous. Releasing Cascio tracks hurt the sales of Michael album and a lot of fans boycotted future posthumous projects as a result. Do you think Estate wanted that? Do you think that they wanted to lose money and hurt their business? The Estate made a mistake of trusting the Cascios, just like MJ did.

king_of_style;4322145 said:
In McClain's defense, he once said that after he heard "Soldier Boy" he knew that none of the Cascio tracks were authentic

I remember hearing about this!

I’ve always wondered why McClain let the tracks on the album if he felt they were fake, since he’s the only one who can veto Branca. I recall reading that he had a stroke in the mid-2000s; perhaps he was looking to avoid the stress?

Like I said the Estate made a massive blunder, but to say that they didn't care or willingly release fake tracks is ludicrous. Releasing Cascio tracks hurt the sales of Michael album and a lot of fans boycotted future posthumous projects as a result. Do you think Estate wanted that? Do you think that they wanted to lose money and hurt their business? The Estate made a mistake of trusting the Cascios, just like MJ did.

They made up fake audio analysis, lied about how meetings went, saying that everyone there said they were confident the vocals were his, when the opposite was true. Their behaviour says all you need to know really. I am not saying they weren't initially tricked, but when literally everyone they consulted said they weren't him? That was the time to remove them from the tracklist.

Last edited:
I look forward to what Prince will bring going foward and cannot wait to hear a new mj song we can hopefully dance to. At the end of the day , that's what Michael's music made you want to do!

I'm 100000% convinced 2021 will be a year of new MJ material and will not be told otherwise. Even if Branca says so. Lol

Me too...

I sincerely hope for a collab with The Weeknd.
He has a lot of respect for him.

I'm 100000% convinced 2021 will be a year of new MJ material and will not be told otherwise. Even if Branca says so. Lol

I completely agree, everything is falling into place nicely. Optimism is okay at times... What's gonna be unearthed on the other hand? We'll see :winkv1:

SmoothGangsta;4322149 said:
They made up fake audio analysis, lied about how meetings went, saying that everyone there said they were confident the vocals were his, when the opposite was true. Their behaviour says all you need to know really. I am not saying they weren't initially tricked, but when literally everyone they consulted said they weren't him? That was the time to remove them from the tracklist.

My pet theory as regards any audio analysis is that they asked Eddie after the album was dropped and the controversy began, "Are these authentic? Have you had them checked?" and he just said, "Absolutely 100% also when should my check be arriving". I don't think that the Estate put any independent inquiries into it back then, and just assumed Eddie was telling the truth. Obviously now that was a horrible mistake, and I think it's an open secret for everyone on the team.

AlwaysThere;4322148 said:
I remember hearing about this!

I’ve always wondered why McClain let the tracks on the album if he felt they were fake, since he’s the only one who can veto Branca. I recall reading that he had a stroke in the mid-2000s; perhaps he was looking to avoid the stress?

It might be that he only listened to the other (8?) Cascio tracks after Michael was released and it would've been too late to change anything, or that he didn't feel confident enough in his gut feeling at the time, and trusted Teddy Riley, who only years later would admit that he too doubts their authenticity. I'm just curious what it was about "Soldier Boy" in particular that made him say "That's it, they're all fake, every single one".

SmoothMel7;4322156 said:
Me too...

I sincerely hope for a collab with The Weeknd.
He has a lot of respect for him.

I say with all confidence that if Michael was alive, he would've collabed with The Weeknd (even more likely than Justin Timberlake or Bruno Mars). He was always about lifting up a new generation of black artists and I think that they would've vibed together very well

I don’t think we need any collaborations. MJ on his own is preferred.

Smooth72;4322172 said:
I don’t think we need any collaborations. MJ on his own is preferred.

I want both. Put The Weeknd on a song and give us a huge summer hit, but also include the original MJ version as a b-side. Win win.

Keep The Weeknd as far away from an MJ product as possible. Get Bruno Mars on there. That would be an absolute smash.

(Obviously I’d prefer they don’t do any collaborations/duets at all, but if it came down to it, I would give an arm to hear Bruno and Michael together.)

There's really no need to have a modern artist on an MJ song. They're already replacing all his music and acting like he's a glorified voice box, I think the least they can do is give him a song to himself, lol.

Bruno would be a good choice. He & Anderson Paak are killing with their new single/band. Their upcoming album will be big.
AlwaysThere;4322174 said:
Keep The Weeknd as far away from an MJ product as possible. Get Bruno Mars on there. That would be an absolute smash.

(Obviously I’d prefer they don’t do any collaborations/duets at all, but if it came down to it, I would give an arm to hear Bruno and Michael together.)

Bruno would be a good choice. He & Anderson Paak are killing with their new single/band. Their upcoming album will be big.

I agree. They respect real instruments and an authentic production. I love that song.

Bruno has a focus on Silk Sonic before working on his next album so I doubt it will happen. Abel is the likely candidate, the right song for the feature will certainly chart very high.. maybe TYLA is the way to go? Nothing is known right now.. even so, our words won't effect their choices I'm sure.

If they're going to force a collaboration with a modern artist, I suggest that they do it with an artist that actually knew MJ when he was alive: e.g. Beyonce, Jay Z, Pharell, Ne-Yo, Kanye, Usher, etc,

It feels less genuine when it's forced to be with someone who's popular now but never knew what it was like to work with him or be in his presence (e.g. Beiber, the Weeknd, Bruno, etc.)

If they're going to force a collaboration with a modern artist, I suggest that they do it with an artist that actually knew MJ when he was alive: e.g. Beyonce, Jay Z, Pharell, Ne-Yo, Kanye, Usher, etc,
Paul McCartney:saintv1:

AlwaysThere;4322174 said:

I am one of the people who prefer MJ untouched, no post death collab, etc.

But I'm not going to lie. MJ with Bruno, Paak can join, on Sonic Silk production might have been really smooth... If MJ had a verse in "Leave the door open", it would absolutely shatter the earth. Really good production of a song

I can’t even imagine an MJ/Silk Sonic collaboration. It would be the smoothest (or funkiest, depending on the track) song released in the last 20 years. If there’s ever an album strictly of OTW or Thriller outtakes that need to be finished, let John McClain and Bruno handle it. Not only has Bruno expressed how much MJ means to him, but he’s shown how he can handle any style with ease.

AlwaysThere;4322216 said:
I can’t even imagine an MJ/Silk Sonic collaboration. It would be the smoothest (or funkiest, depending on the track) song released in the last 20 years. If there’s ever an album strictly of OTW or Thriller outtakes that need to be finished, let John McClain and Bruno handle it. Not only has Bruno expressed how much MJ means to him, but he’s shown how he can handle any style with ease.

I've been thinking that too. "Leave The Door Open" has serious disco vibes and I think that they could easily handle any Off The Wall demos, especially with someone like McClain or maybe Buxer/Prince working with them

AlwaysThere;4322216 said:

Brother don't even tease me with that potential collab 😅 the dream

I've followed Anderson and Bruno for years now, they both genius artists. I'm glad they've come together with Silk Sonic, if the lead single is anything to go by then the album will be a smash

An MJ and Silk Sonic collab would be a dream, they're both old school and would know how to do a MJ demo justice
I would hope it would be an unusable unfinished sketch demo though, rather than taking out usable Mike vocals to add other artists. Like if Michael only came up with a chorus and bridge or something. I would hope they'd release MJ's untouched demo as a B side

Iwasaloser619;4307730 said:
I’m surprised no one has been talking about that music list that leaked earlier today?

I personally will believe it when I see it, so many false alarms with new music

Brother don't even tease me with that potential collab 😅 the dream

I've followed Anderson and Bruno for years now, they both genius artists. I'm glad they've come together with Silk Sonic, if the lead single is anything to go by then the album will be a smash

An MJ and Silk Sonic collab would be a dream, they're both old school and would know how to do a MJ demo justice
I would hope it would be an unusable unfinished sketch demo though, rather than taking out usable Mike vocals to add other artists. Like if Michael only came up with a chorus and bridge or something. I would hope they'd release MJ's untouched demo as a B side

"Changes" I think might be a worthy candidate for that idea, I believe Michael worked on it here and there on and off for the better part of thirty years and never got very far with it. It would be amazing to see what they might predict his direction for the song would be. Hell, part of me wouldn't mind if we got an entire EP of such 'finished' demos ("Rocker", "Water", "Dark Lady", etc.) as long as the originals were included on a deluxe edition.

Back