New MJ content (Possibility)

i don't recall branca mentioning an album for the broadway show, what i do know is that he said that since covid is finally over (lol) more projects and surprises will come and that we should expect it soon. i don't think it's broadway related in the way he said it

i don't recall branca mentioning an album for the broadway show, what i do know is that he said that since covid is finally over (lol) more projects and surprises will come and that we should expect it soon. i don't think it's broadway related in the way he said it

covid isnt over, it'll last until end of 2022 probably

you get my point becaus mj one and the broadway show is opening and that is what they meant. something is coming

An original cast recording of the Broadway show will probably be released, and the Estate will probably not compete with its own project with another MJ release, as people would choose one over the other and it would hurt sales. The original cast recording will probably feature some new remixes/a "new song" in order to draw attention to it and boost sales with MJ completists.

No doubt theyÂ’ll do a Broadway cast album, but they don't promote them on billboards, much less in a country where the show itself isnÂ’t taking place. Also, thereÂ’s no reason to think they wouldnÂ’t release a new album alongside the Broadway cast recording. ThatÂ’s basically a compilation/covers album; it wonÂ’t get any major promotion, other than maybe some TV performances.

Like I said, itÂ’s not for the Broadway show. It canÂ’t be.

exactly, nobody wants to walk around and see a big ass billboard that says : New mj broadway album coming with vocals from the cast!!

I start to think this next project will not be an all new album.

I really think it will be a HUGE 50th anniversary celebration. - I don't know why, but I think the estate and SONY will give us a great project this time - like BAD25.
With new music too.

what if the 50th anniversary celebration is like a box set with different anniversaries from different albums and that's why they waited so long to release it

what if the 50th anniversary celebration is like a box set with different anniversaries from different albums and that's why they waited so long to release it

This would be awesome; unreleased tracks from Dangerous, HIStory and Invincible eras! However, if it’s new music, I feel that the estate would want to appeal to a “larger demographic and audience” and would therefore do another project in the same vein as Xscape which I would also be over the moon about.

Realistically, I and others can only hope but I feel that in reality itÂ’ll be a new single and some sort of celebration.

The only thing that I feel would justify not releasing any new music is if this was some kind of massive, worldwide 50th anniversary celebration that put the focus on the music and videos Michael released in his lifetime. Obviously IÂ’d be pissed, but if the Estate put some real effort into emphasizing how amazing his existing catalog is and celebrated his genius for the first time, I could walk away happy (depending on how itÂ’s handled of course).

4K music videos, fan celebrations, front-page banners on Spotify and Apple Music, maybe some good merchandise? I feel like thatÂ’s something MJ would love to see.

Someone has replied to @greatestartist saying new album is coming next year.

And then, saying this will released soon.

1. CD single
2. DVD concert
3. Career spanning anniversary album (incl. 5 previously unreleased versions of already released songs)— Khlav Kalash (@CVZ_AGA) August 22, 2021

I think itÂ’s gonna be a boxset like The Ultimate Collection. Unreleased songs, alternate takes, songs that didnÂ’t make TUC. A documentary and a coffee table book!!!

So if true, a concert, a new song, and demos? Pretty much something for everyone. As long as itÂ’s not the HIStory tour, seems like a fitting anniversary celebration.

Sounds very good, I'm starting to look forward to what will be unveiled. But dvd is a big no, it should be blu-ray and digital release. Even with a bad source not worthy of blu-ray, you will get inferior resolution/detail and additional compression artifacts in comparison to the newer formats.

The account says new album with unheard songs late 2022. First compilation with 5 unheard versions of songs, and a single (my speculation probably 1 new song to promote the compilation)

Sounds very good, I'm starting to look forward to what will be unveiled. But dvd is a big no, it should be blu-ray and digital release. Even with a bad source not worthy of blu-ray, you will get inferior resolution/detail and additional compression artifacts in comparison to the newer formats.

The account says new album with unheard songs late 2022. First compilation with 5 unheard versions of songs, and a single (my speculation probably 1 new song to promote the compilation)

i think the estate will tease something on friday and reveal it on michael's birthday

If they are releasing a single, why not release it now with the hashtag #makemjnumber1 For his birthday

But dvd is a big no, it should be blu-ray and digital release. Even with a bad source not worthy of blu-ray, you will get inferior resolution/detail and additional compression artifacts in comparison to the newer formats.

Gotta disagree here. If the source canÂ’t be converted/enhanced to HD, a Blu-Ray would only emphasize the poor quality. At least a DVD gives consumers an idea of what theyÂ’re in for. Imagine if they released Wembley on Blu-RayÂ… yikes. I imagine itÂ’ll be available for purchase digitally though.

I hope for a statement before friday... I can't wait any longer... :)

Back