New Netflix 'We Are the World' documentary!!

I feel so sorry for Huey Lewis, he is an excellent vocalist. As is Cindy Lauper. All singers know that
it is normal to not always be perfect like a machine. Especially if you might be a bit nervous (that can be one of the reasons).

They turned out to be perfect though.

Yeah, I am. While it is a great album, it's not better than Thriller.
Well, 2 years after it came out, I can understand Thriller losing *some* of it's immediate luster. If anything you should be holding Victory up to some of these standards.

Many of today's celebrities post what they're doing & pics of their family on Twitter,
and in doing so, they lose the right to complain about "muh mental health".

Nobody cares bout them to do anything that drastic to them anyway.
Exactly. Nobody cared. Just the way Michael had planned.

That's the stupid thing about this. The kids were already rich. They didn't need to try to be a rock star. There was literally no point to take that risk.

It's as though they never listened to their dad's music, and didn't learn any lessons from him.

Wow! You listen to 2000 a-list musicians!
Exactly. And I never once stopped to think "gee, I wonder what Mick Jagger's kid is doing?"

Wait what???
Meaning there are members of the Jackson family who are unknown and nobody cares about. You'd have to ask Duran.

Anyway, this isn't a subject that needs any further discussion.

Let's get back to WATW.

Well, 2 years after it came out, I can understand Thriller losing *some* of it's immediate luster. If anything you should be holding Victory up to some of these standards.
Well, Victory is not as good as Purple Rain, obviously, but way better than it is given credit for. At least Victory and the tour got the Jacksons to be a valid part of We are the world.

The kids were already rich.
Going by this logic, then Mike didn't need to work again after the success of the Thriller album. Yet he was in debt when he died. Bill Withers left show business altogether in the 1980s. Bill made money by licensing his songs for sampling, movies,/TV, & advertising. Bill also got royalties from other artists remaking his songs. The Club Nouveau version of Lean On Me was a big hit.

Stop fighting lads
there was no ‘fighting’. at least from my end..
it was just one member (myself) who was viciously attacked and humiliated 😭💔by someone who blatantly broke a major rule on this forum. where is the justice?

michael is my favourite artist. I love/need to discuss him. however, I will not do so in such a harsh and cruel environment😔if this behaviour continues and there is no proper discipline for it, I’ll have to ask for my account to be deleted.

there was no ‘fighting’. at least from my end..
it was just one member (myself) who was viciously attacked and humiliated 😭💔by someone who blatantly broke a major rule on this forum. where is the justice?

michael is my favourite artist. I love/need to discuss him. however, I will not do so in such a harsh and cruel environment😔if this behaviour continues and there is no proper discipline for it, I’ll have to ask for my account to be deleted.
Yawn. Just to clarify, I didn’t fight either. Nor did I attack anyone, didn't even mention your name. I gave my opinion on what was said here. That’s how forums work. People say something, others respond and give their opinion or facts. And you’re trying to censor this or what people can say or talk. And my opnion is, it’s borderline insanity to dismiss a great documentary, because you don’t like one word a interviewed person said and act like you're going to melt like the wicked witch of the west when you hear certain words.

Yawn. Just to clarify, I didn’t fight either. Nor did I attack anyone, didn't even mention your name. I gave my opinion on what was said here. That’s how forums work. People say something, others respond and give their opinion or facts. And you’re trying to censor this or what people can say or talk. And my opnion is, it’s borderline insanity to dismiss a great documentary, because you don’t like one word a interviewed person said and act like you're going to melt like the wicked witch of the west when you hear certain words.
The issue is with the tone & words used man, that’s where it goes from discourse to fighting.

Anyway, I think we can all leave this thread as discussion on the actual topic at hand has sort of come to a close hahah.

Sheila E. says she felt "used" by the creative team behind the 1985 all-star charity single "We Are the World." She says they promised her a solo verse that never materialized, in an attempt to lure Prince into participating in the project.
The singer and percussionist tells her story in the new Netflix documentary The Greatest Night in Pop, which details the star-studded late-night recording session behind the 1985 hit single.
Meanwhile, Sheila E. was getting frustrated. "It was getting late and I was looking forward to singing one of the verses. But they kept asking, 'Well, do you think you can get Prince here?' I just started feeling like I feel like I'm being used to be here, because they want Prince to show up and the longer they keep me maybe Prince will come up."
Eventually, she had enough. "I already knew he wasn't gonna came, cause there were too many people and he would feel uncomfortable. I told Lionel, 'I'm gonna go.' They never intended on having me sing a verse, which was a little bit heartbreaking."
With Prince now out of the picture, a new soloist was needed. "Michael came to me and said Prince isn't coming, so we have a spot on the line that needs a soloist who do you recommend?" recalled Kenny Loggins. "I said Huey Lewis. Huey Lewis has a great solo voice."
"So now I get Prince's line," Lewis remembers, still in disbelief nearly four decades later. "I mean, those are pretty big shoes to fill. From that point on, I was nervous out of my brain."

need to discuss him. however, I will not do so in such a harsh and cruel environment😔if this behaviour continues and there is no proper discipline for it, I’ll have to ask for my account to be deleted.
I'll have none of that anyway Gaz can't delete accounts. Once an account is made your'e here for life mate, so that won't be necessary . Just take breaks like me. We love you @83magic ✌️

Why do people who supposedly love Michael always go on Kimmel's show when Fallon is available and is much more pro-MJ? I don't get it.
Because any opportunities to mention MJ is a gauge to test MJs popularity in the world.

Why do people who supposedly love Michael always go on Kimmel's show when Fallon is available and is much more pro-MJ?
The video is not related to Mike, Lionel went on Fallon's show a few years ago to do this skit. I doubt a lot of famous people are paying attention or care about everything a talk show host is doing. Celebrities would go on Wendy Williams show when on other episodes she would talk trash about them or claim that some are homosexual and in the closet. Entertainers go on these shows to promote whatever it is they are releasing.

Entertainers go on these shows to promote whatever it is they are releasing.
I don't really get why these shows are popular in the USA. It's all just garbage - people making a shallow plug for their new book. In the UK, for the most part this drivel gets relegated to daytime TV, where it's only watched by a couple of students and pensioners, and where nobody respects it.

How the hell is stuff like a talk show shown at prime time on a Saturday night?!

How the hell is stuff like a talk show shown at prime time on a Saturday night?!
There's different kinds of talk shows though. 60 Minutes is not like Jerry Springer, lol. Oprah became a billionaire primarily because of the popularity of her talk show. Oprah is so popular that the people she discovered also had popular talk shows (Rachel Ray, Dr. Oz, Dr. Phil). She has her own TV network and a magazine. Talk shows have been around in the US since at least the 1950s. The Tonight Show (which is now hosted by Jimmy Fallon) has been on since the mid-1950s with Steve Allen. I think the longest lasting host was Johnny Carson. On the internet, there are many podcasts, those are kinda similar to TV talk shows. But they generally focus on one guest, and don't have the comedy skits like Fallon & Kimmel.

Isn't Graham Norton a UK talk show host? He seems popular to me.

Back