New Opus : Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour by Cirque du Soleil("MJTIWT").

ivy

Proud Member
News from MJ Estate Online Team

As stated earlier this week, we have something exciting to share with you (before the rest of the world finds out)! Later this year, Opus will be releasing a new book: Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour by Cirque du Soleil("MJTIWT").

You should know that great care has been taken by the Estate to not only make sure this book is up to Michael's tough standards, but that the process of purchasing the book, and Opus’ customer service, is up to the tough standards of Michael’s amazing fans.

Reservations and pre-orders will be taken, BUT customers will not be charged until the actual Opus copies are physically in the distribution depots themselves and ready to be delivered to you. In addition, there will be twice the amount of resources at the printing facility than usual to ensure that there will be no delays.

Finally, there will be a dedicated customer support team put in place to advise and help customers pre and post delivery, in different time zones. They have guaranteed solutions within 48 hours of all inquiries. The Estate wanted us to share this information with you as it will not be part of the official press release which you can look for on June 18th!

link to opus website

http://www.thisisopus.com/latest/vi...-jackson-the-immortal-world-tour-by-cirque-du

Cirque du Soleil, The Estate of Michael Jackson and Opus, the luxury publisher, have combined their creative forces to produce a unique publication about Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour by Cirque du Soleil, the #1 touring show celebrating the work of the musical genius, Michael Jackson, the King of Pop.

Never-before-seen backstage pictures of the crew and artists preparing for their incredible dancing and gravity-defying stunts as well as stunning photographs from the creation of the production will be showcased in extraordinary detail in this hand-stitched official publication, to be released later this year.

Illuminating and touching personal stories from creators, artisans, producers and performers, coupled with exclusive images taken by the creators during early inspiration sessions held at Neverland and during performances, make this Opus a must-have for fans of Michael Jackson and Cirque du Soleil.

THE IMMORTAL World Tour features 32 of Michael Jackson’s songs and a cast of 64 artists from 16 countries, including musicians who worked on previous Michael Jackson tours. By the end of the year over 1 million spectators will have experienced THE IMMORTAL World Tour in more than 70 cities around the world. The tour’s European leg will premiere in London on October 12, 2012, at The O2 arena.

Daniel Lamarre, President and CEO of Cirque du Soleil, said: “This book will transport the reader into a rarely explored world within Cirque du Soleil as it tells the personal stories of our artists and creative teams. For the first time in our history, the public is granted behind-the-scenes access to one of our shows, thanks to the extraordinary collaboration between The Estate of Michael Jackson, Opus and Cirque du Soleil – partners whose standard of excellence will bring great pleasure to the fans of Michael Jackson and Cirque du Soleil.”

John Branca and John McClain, Co-Executors of The Estate of Michael Jackson, said: “We are so proud of THE IMMORTAL World Tour. We recognise each and every person is part of its creative fabric, bringing joy to millions. We could think of no better way to acknowledge their participation, both as a reminder to each of them and their friends and families of the role they have each played in the show’s success, than to hear it from them personally in an Opus.”

Karl Fowler, CEO of Opus Media Group, said: “We are absolutely honoured to be working with Cirque du Soleil and The Estate of Michael Jackson on such a special project. The images we have captured behind the scenes of the show are immensely emotive; they complement the performance photography perfectly and pay homage to what you see on stage. I sincerely thank both The Estate of Michael Jackson and Cirque du Soleil for giving us this unique opportunity to create something truly special.”

Expect the unexpected during the magical journey presented in this new collector’s edition. The tale lived by the creative team from Cirque du Soleil and The Estate of Michael Jackson overflows with love, energy and innovation, and makes this Opus a genuinely heartfelt tribute not only to THE IMMORTAL World Tour but also to the legendary Michael Jackson.

they didn't say when they will release the book.

Last edited:
Register your interest?? lol
They wanted to know how many people will buy it. Maybe physical version is not even exist now

Poker_FaceCzyste.png

That's pretty cool!

...I wouldn't buy it though, I already have the MJ Opus which cost an arm and a leg :D

At least they have listened to the complaints from customers who had to wait so long after paying to receive their Opuses before. The Opus is a stunning book and highly recommended.

Their previous MJ Opus kind of disappointing to me. I am still wondering to know where are the interact stuffs they showed on TV. Anyway, I am not going to buy this one. The previous one is expensive and I am not satisfied with the outcome.

Uh. No. The first Opus is a nice book but their customer service was HORRIBLE. They never did deliver on the on-line experience that was supposed to be a part of the price.

This one is just another way to get cashed in. I'd rather have the first Opus.

I love my MJ Opus. It's very well put together. The Opus is stunning enough for me to forgive the undelivered promise. But, no, I'm not interested in the Immortal Cirque Opus. The idea does not appeal to me.

So this is a book about the dancers and pictures will be of the dancers and the production? I guess what I am getting at is this sounds like a book about the Immortal team.

So this is a book about the dancers and pictures will be of the dancers and the production? I guess what I am getting at is this sounds like a book about the Immortal team.

That's why I don't want it :lol:

That's why I don't want it :lol:

^HAAA right. I know the name Michael Jackson is in it, but the end product might be stories about the dancers/performers and pictures of the sets and numbers. I mean I like the immortal show, but how does this become a new Michael opus. I wouldn't want people to buy this thinking they will see a lot of pictures of Michael and then become disappointed when it is more about the immortal team. Well like everything, I guess there will be more clarity about this as time goes on.

^HAAA right. I know the name Michael Jackson is in it, but the end product might be stories about the dancers/performers and pictures of the sets and numbers. I mean I like the immortal show, but how does this become a new Michael opus. I wouldn't want people to buy this thinking they will see a lot of pictures of Michael and then become disappointed when it is more about the immortal team. Well like everything, I guess there will be more clarity about this as time goes on.

How much could there possibly be about Michael in this book that isn't already in the official MJ Opus? lol

I'm wondering if this is just more for the avid Cirque du Soleil fan ...

This is a case of "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, same on me." We were all taken for a ride on the MJ Opus. We never got the opus reality thing they were promising. We were only given one glove when we should have been given 2 gloves. And the worst of it was there were SO MANY factual errors in the book itself. I remember when I first got the book, I made a list of errors I found in the book and there was at least 10-15 that I noticed. I'm sure there were more than that.

This should have been a Bad 25 Opus or a Bad Tour Opus. Despite the Immortal Tour featuring MJ's music, I don't see how an Immortal Opus could focus on MJ that much. I would think this book will be more about the performers on Immortal and not about MJ himself. If anything, there is no way this Opus should cost the same or more than the MJ Opus. Price it at half of what the MJ Opus sold for and I'd think about getting it. If it's priced anywhere near the MJ Opus, no thank you!

This is a case of "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, same on me." We were all taken for a ride on the MJ Opus. We never got the opus reality thing they were promising. We were only given one glove when we should have been given 2 gloves. And the worst of it was there were SO MANY factual errors in the book itself. I remember when I first got the book, I made a list of errors I found in the book and there was at least 10-15 that I noticed. I'm sure there were more than that.

This should have been a Bad 25 Opus or a Bad Tour Opus. Despite the Immortal Tour featuring MJ's music, I don't see how an Immortal Opus could focus on MJ that much. I would think this book will be more about the performers on Immortal and not about MJ himself. If anything, there is no way this Opus should cost the same or more than the MJ Opus. Price it at half of what the MJ Opus sold for and I'd think about getting it. If it's priced anywhere near the MJ Opus, not thank you!

I was more disappointed at the errors in the book, it kinda spoiled the perfection of it ...I didn't really care only having one glove - I don't even use the glove to turn the pages cuz it's too hard and it takes me too long to turn the pages and then I get all flustered and annoyed...:lol:

A Bad Tour/Bad 25 Opus! Now that's a cool idea! Still, I wouldn't spend the money again on another one...Plus, what to do with another 30 lb book?? lol

I was more disappointed at the errors in the book, it kinda spoiled the perfection of it ...I didn't really care only having one glove - I don't even use the glove to turn the pages cuz it's too hard and it takes me too long to turn the pages and then I get all flustered and annoyed...:lol:

A Bad Tour/Bad 25 Opus! Now that's a cool idea! Still, I wouldn't spend the money again on another one...Plus, what to do with another 30 lb book?? lol
Yeah, the errors really ruined it. I remember there was a picture of MJ on stage during a HIStory tour show and the caption said it was MJ performing at Madison Square Garden. They must have forgot that the tour only came to Hawaii in the USA!

IKR. As much as I love the Opus, I almost never touch it after reading it the first time. The thought of dragging a 30-lb book out from my closet is daunting. It's really too big and heavy for me to leave it on my coffee table. Plus, I don't want to let it collect dust out in the open. So, another 30-lb book in my apartment? No, thanks.

I don't know. Are they out of touch or what? This is hardly something I even consider getting. Okay, before anyone jumps at me. This is just my opinion.

I didnt even get the other opus cuz i couldnt afford it and by what everyone else is saying bout i dont thini id want this one

WOW...=/ This is so not exciting! I don't know what to say here...I already have the first one which like some already mentioned was ruined by the errors, missin card and barely rare pics if really any? Would have to wait and see what this will look like and how much is it really about MJ? But, I doubt I will spend that much on something like this again!? Besides I am currently saving for that Bad25 case that's already to high in price as is!

Last edited:
Back