NEW SONG - Akon feat. Michael Jackson "Hold my hand" [updates in post #1]

i don't think it'll get a single release, maybe on a future album but if they release singles i think it should be all Michael, hold my hand is mostly Akon

Z103.5 in Toronto has been playing the song everyday!

for real?!?! That's really great! What do the DJs say about the song and are there people calling in to talk about/request the song?

I thought radio stations can't play unofficially released music. . . Can anyone enlighten me on this subject? :)

I don't like Akon that much, but I love this song, especially the first part and all of Michael's "yeaahhhhh"'s :wub:

A fan called in and requested it yesterday, then it was on again today not by request, but it was just part of their regular song list.

I really hope the song will get released. Its a very nice tune.

can someone explain to me (like I am 4 years old) why it wasn't released in the first place??? i didn't understand then why it wasn't released.... i still don't understand it even now.

i am not a big akon fan.... but i'll get over it.... its mj..... nuff said.

i don't know why... but i would also prefer this song with MJ and like a celine dion or something. and b4 someone mention it...

I'm just guessing...

1) it was leaked. in a BIG way. many people went crazy on youtube with it.

2) Michael wasn't ready to release something that was leaked. we know he's a perfectionist; maybe he thought the leaked track wasn't "ready" and the leak spoiled it all for him. he wanted a "shock" (a good one) for his fans, something new, something fresh. the leak put an end to that plan.

like Akon said in the interview, Michael's an established artist trying to make a comeback... leaks hurt him a lot more than they would a new artist trying to get publicity.

just my guess.

I'm just guessing...

2) Michael wasn't ready to release something that was leaked. we know he's a perfectionist; maybe he thought the leaked track wasn't "ready" and the leak spoiled it all for him. he wanted a "shock" (a good one) for his fans, something new, something fresh. the leak put an end to that plan.

like Akon said in the interview, Michael's an established artist trying to make a comeback... leaks hurt him a lot more than they would a new artist trying to get publicity.

just my guess.

hummm- i get your point.

I mean pre-june 25 i could wait and hope and pray that it would eventually come out.
post june 25- i've been stuck on this song....

I love this song.. He sounds amazing..

''This life don't last forever (hold my hand)
So tell me what we're waiting for (hold my hand)
We're Better off being together (hold my hand)
Than being miserable alone (hold my hand)

I love this song, I actually loved it from the first time I heard it...It's beautiful..with the message of Love.

and yes...that first line breaks me.

it was leaked. in a BIG way. many people went crazy on youtube with it.
yeah i even heard it played on the biggest french radio station when i was there on holiday at the time.

I still wished this could have been released as a single. It's just so beautiful. :wub:

This life don't last forever. :cry:

I only heard this song recently and was really not expecting to like it at all, I'm not really an Akon fan..but I LOVE it. Michael sounds absoultely amazing.

can someone explain to me (like I am 4 years old) why it wasn't released in the first place??? i didn't understand then why it wasn't released.... i still don't understand it even now.

i am not a big akon fan.... but i'll get over it.... its mj..... nuff said.

i don't know why... but i would also prefer this song with MJ and like a celine dion or something. and b4 someone mention it...

well just another management desaster at akon's label.

usher's "love in this club" was leaked too by its producer polow da pon, intentionally. it was 2-3 days on the net until management decided to immediately release it to radios and itunes.

what happened? it entered the charts at 80 something and was the following week at #1, coz it got airplay like crazy and people STILL downloaded the song hundred thousands of times, even though the song had already been downloaded millions of times.

people who purchase music on itunes buy it coz they want the "real deal" and it doesnt matter to them if you can download the song for free if you enter its name into google and add the word rapidshare.

the song could have easily been #1 countrywide (according to a billboard poll) but again it was management politics that failed.

but then again that's what always happens when michael is involved, at least in the recent days.

I'm just guessing...

just my guess.

I LOVE THIS SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really like Akon (even if all his songs have the same beat) - but I LOVE THIS SONG.

Right Now & Beautiful are good songs, but Hold My Hand with MJ singing the chorus????

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

wow..lol..i'm amazed somebody found this thread. lol...yeah..that's a great song, too. again..the Michael magic at work.

worked for YANA HMH TII, and a lot of other songs that probably didn't think they had hope..

I think my local pop radio station should bump this song more often so the younger teens can 'get' Michael's music. ya know..?

Hold My Hand
written by Claude Kelly
performed by Akon and Michael Jackson
(Instrumental intro)
Akon:
Konvict Musik.

Michael:
Ooohh

Akon:
Yeeaaah

Michael:
Yeeaaah..

Michael:
This life don't last forever (both: hold my hand)
So tell me what we're waitin' for (both: hold my hand)
We're better off being together (both: hold my hand)
Than being miserable alone (both: hold my hand)

(both)
Cause I've been there before
And you've been there before
But together we can be alright. (chorus: alright) (Michael: yea)
Cause when it gets dark and when it gets cold
We can hold eachother till we see the sunlight (chorus: sunlight)

Michael: So if you just
(chorus) Hold My Hand
Akon: Baby I promise that I'll do
(chorus) All I can
Akon: Things will get better if you just
(chorus) Hold my hand
Akon: Nothing can come in between us if you just
Akon: Hold
(chorus) Hold my
(chorus) Hold my
Akon: Hoooooold
(all) Hold my hand (Michael: hold my hand)

Akon:
The nights are getting darker (both: hold my hand)
And there's no peace inside (both: hold my hand)
So why make our lives harder (chorus: why make our lives harder) (both: hold my hand)
By fighting love, tonight. (both: Soooooo)

(both)
Cause I've been there before
And you've been there before
But together we can be alright (chorus: Alright) (Akon: Alright)
Cause when it gets dark, and when it gets cold
We can hold eachother till we see the sunlight (Akon: til' we see the sunlight) (Akon: ohh yeaah)

Akon: So if you just..
(chorus) Hold my hand
Akon: Baby I promise that I'll do
(chorus) All I can (Michael: if you just, if you just)
Akon: Things will get better if you just
(chorus) Hold my hand (Michael: yeaaaa)
Akon: Nothing can come in between us if you just
(chorus) Hold my (Michael: hoooooo)
(chorus) Hold my
Akon: Hoooooold
(all) Hold my hand (Michael: hold my hand)

(x2) Akon:
I can tell that your tired of bein' lonely (Michael: yea) ( on 2nd time repeat-Michael: Hold my hand)
Take my hand don't let go baby hold me (Michael: yeaaa) (on 2nd time repeat- Akon: Hold me)
Talk to me an let me be your one and only (Michael: hold my haaaand) (on 2nd time repeat- Akon: One and only!)
Cause I can make it alright till the mornin' (Michael: hold my hand) (on 2nd time repeat- Michael: hold my hand..)

-repeat verse-

(chorus) Hold my hand, (Michael: yeaaaa)
Akon: Baby I promise that I'll do (Michael: hold my hand)
(chorus) All I can (Michael: hold my hand)
Akon: Things will get better if you just (Michael: hooooooo)
(chorus) Hold my hand (Akon: hooooold my haand)
Akon: Nothin' can come between us if you just
Akon: Hold (Michael: hoo)
(chorus) Hold my
(chorus) Hold my
Akon: Hoooooold (Michael: hoo)
(all) Hold my hand

Chorus now joins in stronger [forte]:
(chorus) Hold my hand
Akon: Baby I promise that I'll do (Michael: yea, yea)
(chorus) All I can (Michael: yea, yea)
Akon: Things will get better if you just (Michael: hold my haaand)
(chorus) Hold my hand (Akon: hoold my haand)
Akon: Nothin' can come between us if you just
(chorus) Hold my
Akon: Hold(Michael: hoo)
(chorus) Hold my
Akon: Hooold (Michael: hoo)
(all): Hold My Hand
Akon: Hold my hand
-echo out-

(Piano end, fade)

that last "Hold My Hand" is Michael.

I think my local pop radio station should bump this song more often so the younger teens can 'get' Michael's music. ya know..?

Sorry, but this is one of the worst songs with MJ vocals i heard. Really, it's so bad, like most of Akon's song.
Radio stations should rather play some "old", but great stuff, more often.

Sorry, but this is one of the worst songs with MJ vocals i heard. Really, it's so bad, like most of Akon's song.
Radio stations should rather play some "old", but great stuff, more often.

normally, we can get into comparing bad songs to good songs. but this no longer applies when MJ is involved. MJ's voice has been known to make songs with no center, sound good. MJ doing this song..and doing This IS It turns mediocre into good. and that goes for You R Not alone.

so, whether or not, we secretly think this was a well written song, or not, is irrelevant.

having said that...i think it's a good song.

Back