*NEW UPPDATED July 28*....Dale Jamaluddin Marcell and Cat Stevens about the Islam rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Statements from Dale Jamaluddin Marcell and Cat Stevens about the Islam rumor.

Hey, Afrika.
You're not the only one. I know that in many parts of the world where Islam is the biggest religion this story been spreading like it was the truth. So I know there are many out there who still think it is like that.
Like you said, only God know what Michael really believed and it really doesn't matter because he has the right to believe whatever he wants just like everyone else have that right.
However, I do feel there is enough proof out there to say that this rumor is yet another tabliod story and that it is a lie. Now maybe MJ was a muslim anyway but not based on the story and the so called "facts" that's been used to prove this.
I do believe it is important that he is remembered the way he himself said he was, not the way the tabloid said he was. Now when we clearly can see that this is just another one of those stories I feel it's important that we as MJ fans make sure people know it too.

I heard in 93 that Michael had become Muslim. At the time I didn’t believe it. Then I heard again in 2004 this time I didn’t take it seriously. here we are again in 2009, Indra, Do you think there could be something to it?

God knows best whether he is a Muslim or not.

Re: Statements from Dale Jamaluddin Marcell and Cat Stevens about the Islam rumor.

I heard in 93 that Michael had become Muslim. At the time I didn’t believe it. Then I heard again in 2004 this time I didn’t take it seriously. here we are again in 2009, Indra, Do you think there could be something to it?
God knows best whether he is a Muslim or not.

I haven't heard it until some years ago. I think it was like reported once a year for the past 3-4 years maybe? FOR ME that just showed how untrue it is, because if you believed that then he converted 3-4 times!! Does that mean he converted, went back, converted again, went back and so on?

In Michael's case I have learned that just because something is said many times it doesn't make it the truth. In his case there has often been a lot of smoke without any fire, so to speak. Twice they said he molested children, I still don't think it's true. How many times have they tried to say he's a bad father?! I still don't think it's true. How many times have the tabloids said his nose is about to fall off. At the time of his death he still had his nose. How many times have they said he was a Muslim? At the time of his death, memorial, statements from friends/family, and the people said to have done this, show that this also was just another tabloid story. I could go on and on about all these stories that been out there many times but never turned out to be true.

I really don't know what Michael believed when he passed away. All I know from my many years of being an MJ fan is to NEVER BELIEVE anything that doesn't come from his own mouth or officially from "his" people. He didn't talk that much about religion but at the times he did talk he talked about God, The Bible and Jesus. Does that prove he was a Christian, I don't know. I have never heard MJ say he was a Muslim or any of his family say that either (Jermaine have however said that he WISH Michael would become one, but so does all that belong to a religion). I have heard that his lawyer went out in an official statement saying this story was a lie.

Like I said earlier, I don't think ANYTHING should be reported as the truth when there is no proof of it. There are too many lies out there about this man and they all need to stop, too many rumors too, this is one of them.
We don't know the truth and therefore this story shouldn't be spread like the truth, especially when almost everything points to the fact that it isn't .

Sorry for the llllloooooooooooonggggggggg answer =)

Last edited:

Indra, I couldn’t agree more. But still A lot uk newspapers confirmed that Mj become Muslim Nov 2008. It was just a rumor though. Plus there is nothing wrong with being Muslim. I always believed Islam would be better for him. I’m not saying he was a Muslim.

Indra, i think Mj was a Jehovah’s Witness.

Indra, I couldn’t agree more. But still A lot uk newspapers confirmed that Mj become Muslim Nov 2008. It was just a rumor though. Plus there is nothing wrong with being Muslim. I always believed Islam would be better for him. I’m not saying he was a Muslim.

Indra, i think Mj was a Jehovah’s Witness.
He left the JW's around 1987. All of the siblings were raised as Jehovah's Witnesses but Rebbie and I think LaToya are the only ones still in it. Marlon is Baptist, Jermaine is Muslim, Janet just says she's "spiritual", and I don't know about the others.

Duranduran, Thanks for the info.

Was he still a Christian then?

It's all speculation. God..I wish someone would just tell us and get it over with!..lool

I don't know if he followed any organized religion, but since JW's are Christian based, I guess he would still have those beliefs. He has mentioned God and some of his songs have a Christian viewpoint. But Karen Faye his makeup person said Michael believed in 2012 (year), which has to do with the Mayans and is not Christian or JW.

I don't know if he followed any organized religion, but since JW's are Christian based, I guess he would still have those beliefs. He has mentioned God and some of his songs have a Christian viewpoint. But Karen Faye his makeup person said Michael believed in 2012 (year), which has to do with the Mayans and is not Christian or JW.

Really?? I didn't know he believed in that. When did Karen Faye say this? Do you have a link?

I refused to believe Mj believed Mayans. Is that a Cult?

They also believe 2012 is the end of the world! Nobody knows that

I refused to believe Mj believed Mayans. Is that a Cult?

They also believe 2012 is the end of the world! Nobody knows that
I don't have a link, but there's a statement in the celebrity condolences thread. The Mayans were an ancient civilization in what is now Mexico. They made a calander centuries ago based on astrology and it expires in 2012. It's a Nostradamus kind of thing. It's kinda hard to explain, you have to research it yourself. I think it's supposed to be about all living things dying out like the dinosaurs and ancient people long ago. Not that the earth is going to blow up or something. It is believed that ancient people poisoned the earth like we are doing today and the earth can't take much more. I haven't read much about it though.

If we are talking about the rumor, then I can only say that we don’t know for sure, but I only know that if he was Muslim he will declare himself as Muslim to the world, he can’t be Muslim in secret, so I believe he was not a Muslim.

I'm Muslim but I believe that Michael is a good Christain believer . It makes no difference what is your religion as long as you love everyone and hurt noone .

By the way , i see no wrong in believeing in the Mayan 2012 ,because what the theory said (according to my sister who knows alot about it) the end of a certain and to some extent an essential thing that belongs to the civilization... no one is sure of anything but if you read colsely the studies and the predictions about the future of our world you will understand what they meant by the end of the world.

and again i'm not talking about the day of judgement (God forbids ) because only God knows when.

Last edited:

I guess, we will never know

Right. But what we do know is that Michael walked the walk. So many people are preachy and fail to follow through with their beliefs. Michael did it.

Well like I pointed out earlier, we really don't need to talk about what he might have believed, we can't be sure about that. I never heard anything about Mayans. My guess would be that that's just as much a rumor and a lie as the muslim story, even though i don't have any proof of that as there is about the muslim story.

Let's just spread the things we do know, not the things we heard from the media.

[quote=afrika;2012083]Indra, I couldn’t agree more. But still A lot uk newspapers confirmed that Mj become Muslim Nov 2008. It was just a rumor though. Plus there is nothing wrong with being Muslim. I always believed Islam would be better for him. I’m not saying he was a Muslim.

Indra, i think Mj was a Jehovah’s Witness.[/quote]

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a Muslim. If that in fact would have been MJ choice, then good for him.
But I do feel that I can say for sure that the RUMOR is a big lie, considering the post I posted first here. Because the newspapers you're talking about, in Nov 2008, that's the same one that are being denied by the people that the media said converted him.

But like you said many times, only God knows!

Last edited:

I believe we will know if he was Muslim, because embracing Islam is so powerful that he defiantly would want to tell the world about it especially he was a public figure. Also it must be declared to the public to make it official just like brother Jermaine did, on this video he confirmed that Michael is not Muslim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wzFW1D1MII

I believe we will know if he was Muslim, because embracing Islam is so powerful that he defiantly would want to tell the world about it especially he was a public figure. Also it must be declared to the public to make it official just like brother Jermaine did, on this video he confirmed that Michael is not Muslim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wzFW1D1MII

Yea, well most here know he wasn't. But this rumor, when it started, was spread around the world like it was the truth. Even though i can see that some people start to get that's its just a rumor. In many muslim forums and on youtube and stuff it's spread still like it's the truth.
People just wont believe that it was a lie.
But then again, that's been MJ's life most of the time. Just wish now when he's gone that people would start telling the truth and stop spreading lies....

^^ The rumor spread for many reasons, one of them is that brother Jermaine did say on TV that Michael seriously considered it.

he even says “may Allah be with you always” Michael

Indra, His family has giving mj traditional jehovas witness funereal. Right?

Was he covered in a white sheet?

^^ The rumor spread for many reasons, one of them is that brother Jermaine did say on TV that Michael seriously considered it.
Mike was also hanging around Farrakhan and had Nation Of Islam bodyguards during the trial. Although NOI isn't real Islam, the general public think it's all the same.

He said that?
I only heard him say that he wish he would and when asked if michael was consideringn it I heard jermaine say that he reads a lot and that he's given him books about Islam and so on...

he even says “may Allah be with you always” Michael

Indra, His family has giving mj traditional jehovas witness funereal. Right?

Was he covered in a white sheet?

Yea, Jermaine did say that. But we never questioned his muslim faith, we know he has a strong faith in Islam =)

I don't know what his family did on during the private ceramony, but there are some people here who said that it was a jehovas witness funera.

I don't know if he was covered in white sheets, probably. Isn't that how they usally do with bodies? No matter what religion you have..?

Yea, Jermaine did say that. But we never questioned his muslim faith, we know he has a strong faith in Islam =)

I don't know what his family did on during the private ceramony, but there are some people here who said that it was a jehovas witness funera.

I don't know if he was covered in white sheets, probably. Isn't that how they usally do with bodies? No matter what religion you have..?

I think it’s different. In Islam we wash and wrap them in clean sheets that are cut to specifications. Not a fancy stuff. Just to cover the body with a clean sheet and and must be buried as soon as possible.

I think it’s different. In Islam we wash and wrap them in clean sheets that are cut to specifications. Not a fancy stuff. Just to cover the body with a clean sheet and and must be buried as soon as possible.

Oh, okay. Well I'm not sure that's just a muslim think though. I think that's something that's done in many countries and traditions.
The fact that you must be buried soon as possible might be something that's speciall within Islam.

MJ represented love and believed in God, as far as I am aware that is the basis of all the mains faiths which is why MJs love embraced us all.

Myself as a Christian respect all other faiths where Gods love is respected.

michale bush dressed him in a suit and it was a JW ceremony mjs cousin said in an interview

michale bush dressed him in a suit and it was a JW ceremony mjs cousin said in an interview

Now can someone tell me where I can find this interview? I would really like to see it.

Just becuase Mj had a JW ceremony
if that is even true _it doesnt make him JW

the JW faith does NOT allow the celebration
of Christmas, Birthdays and especially Halloween
We all know MJ openly celebrated those holidays
recently.

Also most familys do have a traditional faith ceremony for
thier loved ones_if they did not state their wishes ...
but I doubt very much it was official or santioned by
the JW church_they are very strict about these things.

MJ did not show that he was JW in any way
In that faith you are all or nothing - no middle road
and he even showed Elizabeth Taylor stating that he
left the faith in his private home movies video _
while he celebrated his first Christmas.

based on public statements Michael has made
I tend to believe he leaned more toward NON -denominational Christian
no exact creed _just his personal relationship with God and Jesus.

Michael also didnt judge men based on thier faith, creeds, color or
nationality _he studied many faiths and seemed to think most
worshipped the same God .. but in different ways.

Last edited:

I thought he used to be JW, then stopped being one.

Didn't he practice Kabbalah? Dunno where I'm getting this from just my thoughts?

SOMEONE ENLIGHTEN ME :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back