'Off The Wall 2015' News & Discussion Thread

Zakk

Proud Member
Latest: <div id="fb-root"></div><script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script><div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/MichaelJacksonBrasil/posts/888884471187629:0" data-width="500"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><blockquote cite="https://www.facebook.com/MichaelJacksonBrasil/posts/888884471187629:0"><p>| Comunicado sobre OFF THE WALL 2015 |Prezados membros, ap&#xf3;s exibirmos com exclusividade o trailer de lan&#xe7;amento...</p>Posted by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/MichaelJacksonBrasil">MJ Beats : Michael Jackson Brasil</a> on&nbsp;<a href="https://www.facebook.com/MichaelJacksonBrasil/posts/888884471187629:0">Tuesday, October 6, 2015</a></blockquote></div></div>

''| Notice on OFF THE WALL 2015 |
Dear members, after we display exclusively the launch trailer originally planned for November, as everyone knows, Michael Jackson's label requested a Video removal because it is an unfinalized material. In constant contact with Sony Music, said there has forecast yet. We then went to the heart, contacts with persons connected with the Estate of Michael Jackson. There, the information was a bucket of cold water followed by a hot chamomile tea : the release was delayed. However, for good reason: they want to attach more UNPUBLISHED MATERIALS content "deluxe". The left now determine what materials are they and when will the new release date of the commemorative album. Any news, we will inform our members.

Stay tuned!
MJ Beats''

I re-wrote that since the translation Google gave was quite hard to read:

Dear members,

After we exclusively displayed the launch trailer for Off the Wall 2015 (originally planned for November), Michael Jackson's label requested a video removal because it is unfinalized material.

We've kept in constant contact with Sony Music who said nothing was expected yet. We then went to the heart: the Estate of Michael Jackson. There we found out the release was delayed but for good reason: they want to attach more UNPUBLISHED MATERIALS for a "deluxe" package [I assume that's what they mean?].

Both the chosen material and release date is yet to be determined, but we'll inform our members of any updates.

there's only two months left until the end of the year so there's gotta be an announcement soon!

Not really that interested in OTW 2015, unless they give it the full Bad 25 treatment with 6 unreleased songs. If all we get is a few demos and a dodgy remix I think I'll pass.

Can't agree with this more.

If the project has been delayed, I hope it doesn't run into 2016 much, I need Dangerous 25 !!!
Thanks for the info by the way mate (y)

my guess is if it's not announced within the next two weeks it's been delayed until next year which could mean we won't be getting a Dangerous 25 :-(

Hopefully they get this out before the years end. Dangerous 25 is something I'd like 10000x times more than an OTW anniversary package.

I've yet to hear from fans who's appreciation for MJ is omnipresent and seamless across his entire career, without quoting and seemly onvercompating for how much ones loves the Dangerous or HIStory albums over anything that came before (or after). ALRIGHT! I get it, you love Dangerous and HIStory..cool. Is there any point in telling me, a fan, on a fan made MJ forum how much you fawn all over Dangerous. What is the purpose in this? What good would telling another fan (who is already acquainted with everything MJ) how much you love it more that his other projects? Why preach to the choir? To be honest I've been guilty of it my self in recent months, but I feel I now know how to conduct myself better for it. This thread was about OTW and any related news and updates concerning the upcoming 25th anniversary edition. So why are people on here mentioning the speculative Dangerous 25?

^^ Perhaps that's how discussion works...? Do you expect us to never mention that we prefer something over something else?

I agree that speaking of the improbable Dangerous25 is best saved for other threads related to that topic, but your preaching to the choir argument is so entirely unsubstantiated that it boggles my mind. Less than a week ago you were engaged in discussion on Maximum Jackson over the cultural impact and significance of Thriller, an album that has been forced down the throat of pop culture for the last thirty some odd years, as opposed to either Dangerous or History, both of which are seldom discussed on a comprehensive level.

What good is it to pay tribute to the highest selling album of all time (and arguably the most appraised pop album ever created) to a fandom who have already heard every single possible anecdote, commendation, and review that could possibly stem from it, when there are a handful of other albums that excel in every way that do see occasional praise but are so very under recognized by the public that they find themselves mostly obscured?

I've yet to hear from fans who's appreciation for MJ is omnipresent and seamless across his entire career, without quoting and seemly onvercompating for how much ones loves the Dangerous or HIStory albums over anything that came before (or after).

No one should have undoubted affection for every facet of Michael's career. Those who do are more than likely Stans who refuse to accept that the man made mistakes. For the longest period of time I considered the man to be God's gift to the music world and would defend every single project bearing his name to the death (yes, even those released posthumously). And while I undoubtedly believe that he is the greatest recording artist to ever live, I will openly admit that there are songs, public performances, and videos that fall short to varying degrees.

You yourself have outlined how overrated you think Dangerous is, so you sort of broke your own mold.

Usually when a product announcement is leaked early, it gets delayed. I figured since it wasn't announced already that it was either cancelled or delayed. Xscape was announced a month and a few days before release. November is less than a month away, so it would've been made known by now.

I'm fine with delaying the release, if it means more material will be added.

^^ Perhaps that's how discussion works...? Do you expect us to never mention that we prefer something over something else?

I agree that speaking of the improbable Dangerous25 is best saved for other threads related to that topic, but your preaching to the choir argument is so entirely unsubstantiated that it boggles my mind. Less than a week ago you were engaged in discussion on Maximum Jackson over the cultural impact and significance of Thriller, an album that has been forced down the throat of pop culture for the last thirty some odd years, as opposed to either Dangerous or History, both of which are seldom discussed on a comprehensive level.

What good is it to pay tribute to the highest selling album of all time (and arguably the most appraised pop album ever created) to a fandom who have already heard every single possible anecdote, commendation, and review that could possibly stem from it, when there are a handful of other albums that excel in every way that do see occasional praise but are so very under recognized by the public that they find themselves mostly obscured?

No one should have undoubted affection for every facet of Michael's career. Those who do are more than likely Stans who refuse to accept that the man made mistakes. For the longest period of time I considered the man to be God's gift to the music world and would defend every single project bearing his name to the death (yes, even those released posthumously). And while I undoubtedly believe that he is the greatest recording artist to ever live, I will openly admit that there are songs, public performances, and videos that fall short to varying degrees.

You yourself have outlined how overrated you think Dangerous is, so you sort of broke your own mold.

You guys sound like broken records, citing Dangerous as his best every opportunity you get. Unless the topic of thread is about which album is your favorite or specific to OTW then I don't find every and any opportunity to fawn all over Destiny/OTW/Triumph.

This thread was started for the purpose of updating the community of OTW 25 news and developments. Not Dangerous. Leave Dangerous talk to the Dangerous thread. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?

You guys sound like broken records, citing Dangerous as his best every opportunity you get. Unless the topic of thread is about which album is your favorite or specific to OTW then I don't find every and any opportunity to fawn all over Destiny/OTW/Triumph.

This thread was started for the purpose of updating the community of OTW 25 news and developments. Not Dangerous. Leave Dangerous talk to the Dangerous thread. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?

Yessir, God forbid some of us express our fondness towards something.

Threads get pushed off topic. That's how discussion boards work.

Anticipation is how forum boards work, especially when such a project may only be a few weeks/months away.

Anticipation for a project that has a likelihood of happening, mind you. I will agree with Psychoniff that hyping up Dangerous 25 is ridiculous.

Anticipation for a project that has a likelihood of happening, mind you. I will agree with Psychoniff that hyping up Dangerous 25 is ridiculous.

It's not ridicule per se, just not on thread about a different album. Go on the Dangerous threads and see if OTW 25 is even mentioned at all. There seems to be no place on this forum to talk about OTW or anything that isn't Dangerous without fanboys and stans loitering nearby.

Lol I didn't realise saying I prefer Dangerous over OTW would be a massive problem. Silly me and my opinions! :p lol

It's not ridicule per se, just not on thread about a different album. Go on the Dangerous threads and see if OTW 25 is even mentioned at all. There seems to be no place on this forum to talk about OTW or anything that isn't Dangerous without fanboys and stans loitering nearby.

I still don't quite understand this mentality. Crossing Dangerous into an unrelated discussion on Off the Wall is certainly distracting but it is nothing even remotely similar to what a Stan or fanboy would do.

IMO there won't be a OTW re-release. If it didn't happen when it's anniversary came and gone, it isn't going to happen anytime soon.

IMO there won't be a OTW re-release. If it didn't happen when it's anniversary came and gone, it isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Snap. Dangerous 25 might. MJ's creative juices were better in 89-91 anyway

Snap. Dangerous 25 might. MJ's creative juices were better in 89-91 anyway

I think you mean 1983-1989... anyway, back on topic.. the extra material could be anything.. my hopes are for either 'Susie' (1979) or Triumph Tour live at the forum (or any others if shot on film) even SD Blu-Ray like Queen's upcoming Hammersmith 1975 show.... both have similarities in quality.

I think you mean 1983-1989... anyway, back on topic.. the extra material could be anything.. my hopes are for either 'Susie' (1979) or Triumph Tour live at the forum (or any others if shot on film) even SD Blu-Ray like Queen's upcoming Hammersmith 1975 show.... both have similarities in quality.

No, he doesn't. He has an opinion, and I share that opinion. In my opinion, the Dangerous Tour was Michael's best tour. That is not something that can be factually proven, but it is my opinion. I think Dangerous is a much better album than anything done in the 80s. That's not wrong, or me meaning the wrong thing, that's just my opinion on it.

Back on topic, I hope to see people like Bruno Mars, Pharrell Williams and more in the documentary to show the extent Off The Wall's influence had on music today and the recent resurgence of funk-disco. This release still seems odd to me because there is no anniversary, it seems like "We forgot Off The Wall.. screw it let's do it anyway". When you have a much more interesting topic of Dangerous. Why did he split from Quincy? What were his intentions after Bad? His career for me, around Dangerous took off. Before August 1993, I would even go as far as saying that was his absolute star power peak. Pepsi, Super Bowl, Dangerous Tour, Oprah.. he was everywhere.

Either any artist is fair game to appearing in the documentary or none of them are.

I never quite understood why people contested to Justin Bieber and Chris Brown appearing in Bad 25 yet are okay with Bruno Mars and Pharrell Williams appearing in this Off the Wall documentary (most definitely personal preference).

They would probably be better off not even doing it. It will more than likely be watered down and not truly capture the essence of the stage of Michael's career.

No artist from today who did not grow up during that time should be associated with this, only people who participated on its creation and artists active during that time

While I will seek out and am looking forward to Spike Lee's OTW documentary, it will be a missed opportunity to not release the Triumph tour with pristine visuals. The documentary and hopefully a re-released CD with unheard demos, etc. is not interesting enough in my view. As the Sony/Estate collaboration is nearing its end, I believe they should offer the best for last.

If this is not promoted correctly, it will not matter much. I would suggest the Estate/Sony release this as one package: documentary, re-released CD (with unheard demos there is no need for remixes), and Triumph DVD. A live CD accompanying the DVD would be great. A booklet accompanying would complete the package however; if a booklet is not currently being crafted, any resulting booklet will look underdeveloped.

Off-topic: would anyone be able to confirm how many copies of the Wembly show was purchased? I previously read less than 100K which is extremely low.

While I will seek out and am looking forward to Spike Lee's OTW documentary, it will be a missed opportunity to not release the Triumph tour with pristine visuals. The documentary and hopefully a re-released CD with unheard demos, etc. is not interesting enough in my view. As the Sony/Estate collaboration is nearing its end, I believe they should offer the best for last.
I really hope for this also-my heart is practically set on it.

My only thing is that I don't really want it to be one big package and maybe release the documentary and tour ala carte-one big package can be pricey for an album that you already own in several different mediums. (at least for me).

Off-topic: would anyone be able to confirm how many copies of the Wembly show was purchased? I previously read less than 100K which is extremely low.
Was it really that low for the Wembley show? That surprises me, since I know I had been dying for that show!!! And it seemed like that was a huge fan desire, when I first started guesting this forum.

Back