Official Charts Thread For ''Michael''

ETA: Jmie, i cant believe 2 weeks ago, you were worrying that the album wouldn't be available ...and this week you guys have a #1 album. Yaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!

i know!!!!! isn't it amazing?? my faith in my country's musical taste is restored! :D

'Michael' which debuted #1 in Sweden is now at #2. (The Swedish Idol finalist took the number one spot this week).

'Hold My Hand' moves up and has cracked the top 10.. it is at #10 (was #12 last week)

'Vision' is at #4 (was #2 last week).

Awesome! Well done Sweden! Number one album and top 10 hit is great! And we have another country with top 10 hit!

Michael is officially Number ONE in Russia!!!

http://www.lenta.ru/articles/2010/12/24/chart/

In the article they said that the year is ending on a loud positive note cause Michael Jackson's album "Michael" smashed down the charts debuting on the top spot with a platinum status! :)

(they also mentioned that Michael failed to climb the top of Billboard charts but did much better in Europe with top spots in Germany, Italy, Netherlands and Sweden).

Well done Russia!

SALES MICHAEL JACKSON IN A TRUE STORY!!!!!

We have to be annost considering the low promo in some countries michael
the album did great not superb in my opinion!!!
THE MAIN PROBLEM AGAIN JUST LIKE DURING INVINCIBLE MJ DOESN"T
GET ENOUGH RADIO AIRPLAY (FIRST SINGLE HOLD MY HAND DIDN"T GET
PLAYED MUCH IN HOLLAND STRANGE IN MY OPINION THIS IS IT THE SINGLE
IN HOLLAND DID GET MUCH AIRPLAY!!! STRANGE OR NOT SONY MUST PAY FOR
AIRPLAY OR NOT. THAT MY QUESTION WHO KNOW's

Sony can send message to papers that it shipped 3 million copies yes this is true but they
are not sold to us the customers yet. IT HAS SOLD REALISTIC 734000 copies in his first week a great figure though.
But now the truth Eminem has Sold almost 1.098000 copies (1 million+)

So mj sold realistic 400.000 copies less than eminem in his first week of release
The second week eminem sold 523.000 copies. So MJ MUST STAY FOR THE LONG RUN AROUND 300.000-450.000 copies than it has a change to sell more than eminem and taylor Swift. Is this gonna happen i don't know it's all to sony and do they get their act together
make a modern video clip with recent and unseen image's of michael or a (3d computer animation then a possible
single will sell and it has to be a uptempo song. Two choices Hollywood tonight or Monster
Monster (meaning again controversy) (Don't know if it is michael)My opinion. Hollywood tonight looks the better choice for me.

I Think it's tough to be a mj fan this time around we don't know if it's michael yes or no
in the fast tracks like monster but it has hit potentiol and it is about his legacy.

SONY GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AND MAKE US PROUD.

18,000 copies.

in the first 4 months an album need to ship more than 18,000 copies to be certified Gold.

http://ifpi.dk/index.php?pk_menu=13

That is NOT true.

In Denmark 15.000 albums sold is gold.

http://www.ifpi.dk/index.php?pk_menu=13

True that the company needs to prove a sale that is 20 % higher than what is needed, but that is because there is a risk people will return the CD og exchange the album if it is recieved as a gift.

But - GOLD is 15.000 albums sold !

A total of 3.2 million copies of MICHAEL were shipped around the world (that was the first initial shipment). Of that, approximately 800,000 were sold the first week. This does not include China.

It is expected that when all is said and done MICHAEL will sell between 4 and 5 million copies which would make it a very successful album.

I dont think there are only 800K sold albums... we have to rely on China, India, Africa, South America...., I would say its/will be over 1 mill. but...

WHEN & WHERE will we get official 1st week worldwide sales? Please someone reply. Thanks.

there is no such " official WW sales"

the number from mediatraffic is 734 000 and it's a minimum...

it gives a good idea a the sales.

Sales Update From Sony:

Sony Music shipped 3.2 million albums globally and will likely have to ship more I'm told in the coming weeks. (this does not include China)

Total sales in the first week were 734,000 (#1 overall) in nations that release album sales to the public but if you include India, Russia (#1 debut), China, and other countries in Asia and South America, total sales are a staggering 1 million.

Sales in China have been astronomical from what I'm told. Sony China has shipped 2 million albums to the country, and first day sales alone exceeded 200,000. Final results will be reported next week and could approach 1 million for the first week (#1 selling music album in the country for the week).

Sales in Russia were also high (the album debuted #1 here) selling well over 20,000 copies in it's first week.

I am told that by Summer 2011 when promotions will level off, Sony will have shipped over 7-8 million albums around the planet with sales near or possibly over 5 million.
Edit/Delete Message

Last edited:
Sales Update From Sony:

Sony Music shipped 3.2 million albums globally and will likely have to ship more I'm told in the coming weeks. (this does not include China)

Total sales in the first week were 734,000 (#1 overall) in nations that release album sales to the public but if you include India, Russia (#1 debut), China, and other countries in Asia and South America, total sales are a staggering 1 million.

Sales in China have been astronomical from what I'm told. Sony China has shipped 2 million albums to the country, and first day sales alone exceeded 200,000. Final results will be reported next week and could approach 1 million for the first week (#1 selling music album in the country for the week).

Sales in Russia were also high (the album debuted #1 here) selling well over 60,000 copies in it's first week.

I am told that by Summer 2011 when promotions will level off, Sony will have shipped over 7-8 million albums around the planet with sales near or possibly over 5 million.
Edit/Delete Message

HUH??

900K in the USA, 2 Mil to China?

so only 300K in the rest of the world?? Doesn't add up...don't you think?

Sales Update From Sony:

Sales in Russia were also high (the album debuted #1 here) selling well over 60,000 copies in it's first week.

Edit/Delete Message

1 M in One WEEK in CHiNA ????????????????????????

ASTRONOMICAL

Sales Update From Sony:

Edit/Delete Message

:wild::clapping: That is Great! Thankyou for the UPDATE!!! :D

L.o.v.e.
Romi

China will probably sell 200,000 in one day? When it sold over that in the US in one week. They really think it will sell 1 million in China? I don't know how they project these things overall but it sounds good.

This is crazy! Great news! I supported Michael and bought it the first week. :D I had to.

HUH??

900K in the USA, 2 Mil to China?

so only 300K in the rest of the world?? Doesn't add up...don't you think?

Well if you compare The US To China, China has over 1.3 Billion People and the US has only a little over 300Million. So its only fair that $ony sends 2Mil. to China dont you think? Who said it only sold 300K in the rest of the world? :blink:

US sold around $230,000; and the rest of the world around $500,000 so that will add up to and over $700,000! ;) And we dont even have the results from Africa or India right?

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Well if you compare The US To China, China has over 1.3 Billion People and the US has only a little over 300Million. So its only fair that $ony sends 2Mil. to China dont you think? Who said it only sold 300K in the rest of the world? :blink:

US sold around $230,000; and the rest of the world around $500,000 so that will add up to and over $700,000! ;) And we dont even have the results from Africa or India right?

L.o.v.e.
Romi

:agree: That is how I was figuring. I personally think the album has done very well. I can't wait to see the final figures. All this just goes to show how much Michael Jackson is loved by the People ..Everywhere ..in the world*
:wub:

L.o.v.e.
Romi

3.2Mil -900K-2M= 300K :D

I have no problem with the US & China initial shipments...but the rest of the world is left with only 300K. That seems off to me.

Off of that 300K: Germany sold 100K; UK 113K ;Russia 65K....

300K doesn't make sense to me.

The statement says that will be shipping more cds. I don't know. The China numbers are just wow for only one day and one week of sales.

3.2Mil -900K-2M= 300K :D

I have no problem with the US & China initial shipments...but the rest of the world is left with only 300K. That seems off to me.

Off of that 300K: Germany sold 100K; UK 113K ;Russia 65K....

300K doesn't make sense to me.

But thats not counting Africa, China and India or any other country thats missing...;)

L.o.v.e.
Romi

"Michael" dropped from #1 to #6 on the Dutch charts :( He's got some heavy competition for the top spot right now.

On a positive note, Hold My Hand entered the official Dutch single charts (top 40) at #33 :) I've noticed it gets played a little more on the radio now. Hopefully he'll continue to rise.

I seriously doubt this is coming from Sony. People need to calm down with the crazy predictions. With the weak promotion and no second single in sight there's nothing to keep the album on the charts. I hope I'm wrong and Sony increases the promotion and does everything right with the second single, but I ain't holding my breath. So, let's not get our expectations too high -- some of these predictions seem really exaggerated and off.

The album has done fairly good so far, but I'm afraid it's going to start falling down the charts if Sony doesn't hurry with the second single.

Sales Update From Sony:

Edit/Delete Message

Sorry, Smoth_Criminal

but sales for China are highly unlikely.

2 millions?

Com' on , are you aware of the level of piracy in that country?

According to IFPI, platinum in China is for only 20,000 copies shipped.

http://www.ifpi.org/content/library/international-award-levels.pdf

I know Michael is the biggest foreign artist there, but 2 millions is simply irrealistic.

In Russia the album is #1 and officially certified platinum for only 10,000 copies shipped, so no way the album is already up to 60,000.

Please tell Sony to send radios MONSTER as soon as possible and do more promo, otherwise this album is going to disappear from the charts in less than one month.

It would be a shame since the music is good and deserves to be successful.

I seriously doubt this is coming from Sony. People need to calm down with the crazy predictions. With the weak promotion and no second single in sight there's nothing to keep the album on the charts. I hope I'm wrong and Sony increases the promotion and does everything right with the second single, but I ain't holding my breath. So, let's not get our expectations too high -- some of these predictions seem really exaggerated and off.

The album has done fairly good so far, but I'm afraid it's going to start falling down the charts if Sony doesn't hurry with the second single.

I am with you Serendipity there must not be a huge period between hold my hand and
the new single now!!! For example in his second week in holland he went from number 1 to 6 on the dutchcharts. I have never seen an mj album drop so fast. There must be a new single within a month or so!! Otherwise the album will drop fast!!!

But i don't know what it is with Sony and promoting MJ Why the videoclip isn't ready
when the single comes out. It's always like this in recent years. Rianna new song new clip
to promote. OK mj is dead but make a great clip. Invest money and young fans will see and hear new mj music Hollywood Tonight/Monster/ You can make a great video's of that
great songs with great melody and hitpotentiol especially with the teenagers.

I think the China figures can be right with Michael. But I think that's probably going to shipped first, not really sold. I don't know how they estimate sales there, but for example 2 millions is like under 0.15 percent (or very small amount like that) of the whole population in China. It would mean the same if you sell around half a million in the US. I heard that Thriller's sales are now over 100 million because they sold extremely much in India and China when they started to sell his records.

Sorry, Smoth_Criminal

but sales for China are highly unlikely.

2 millions?

Com' on , are you aware of the level of piracy in that country?

According to IFPI, platinum in China is for only 20,000 copies shipped.

http://www.ifpi.org/content/library/international-award-levels.pdf

Platinum is there that much but it's not impossible Michael would sell there 100x platinum. But it can't be for the first week. There's also piracy but I've heard many Chinese MJ fans want the original record and know where to buy it. In China if you know what shops to buy you can find also original stuff.

Chinese edition arrived

152726mp8cy08zhw198hu5.jpg

152726wm3bbdowd3wfbbo8.jpg

1527260l8s0c1h44rf4bc4.jpg

15272675krf42lhinpliky.jpg

152727bghtpg2bbsaf2bmh.jpg

152727hrrw6p9q93hhx36p.jpg

152727w3udk5zdkzf5fdzy.jpg

and I don't think Chinese market is that huge, though there are many people.

many CDs are pirates, frankly speaking.

Back