Official Charts Thread For ''Michael''

ITALY

Retails sales of Michael after 1 month are more than 70,000 copies through 3,400 sales points tracked in Italy: it has in fact outsold Thriller 25 this week, whose sales from Week 1 - 2009 to Week 36 - 2010 were 68,893.

I'm pretty sure the album is going to be certified 2xPlat in 2 or 3 weeks

http://www.fimi.it/temp/cert_Gfk_week0111.pdf

With thanks to pierpinto!

ITALY

Retails sales of Michael after 1 month are more than 70,000 copies through 3,400 sales points tracked in Italy: it has in fact outsold Thriller 25 this week, whose sales from Week 1 - 2009 to Week 36 - 2010 were 68,893.

I'm pretty sure the album is going to be certified 2xPlat in 2 or 3 weeks

http://www.fimi.it/temp/cert_Gfk_week0111.pdf

With thanks to pierpinto!
Thanks Deano and Pierpinto! I really enjoy your updates both here and on UKmix. It's good to see the album still has good legs in several countries! Can't wait for the release of the next single to help keep the momentum going.

Posthumous albums are always a difficult one to approach. Too soon and people yell 'cash in'. Michael's albums will always sell and yes in years we're going to see multiple re-releases of greatest hits a la Elvis. Michael's legacy is forever and will be enjoyed by our children and our children's children.

Thanks Deano and Pierpinto! I really enjoy your updates both here and on UKmix. It's good to see the album still has good legs in several countries! Can't wait for the release of the next single to help keep the momentum going.

Looking at the low album sales in the US, another single release and promotion now could push the album to number 1!!

I just don't think Sony have the heart for another single, after all the 'drama'.

It's such a shame. But 'Michael' is doing well in a lot of countries outside the UK and US. I'm particularly proud of Germany and Italy.

I know where I'm going on my next couple of holidays. :wink:

According to Hits Daily Double, 'Michael' drops 10 spots this week to #31 with 11K units sold (-35%). Final results should be posted soon on Billboard. I really hope they are actively woking on a second single and video. :(

According to Hits Daily Double, 'Michael' drops 10 spots this week to #31 with 11K units sold (-35%). Final results should be posted soon on Billboard. I really hope they are actively woking on a second single and video. :(

Yes. And the sales are so low and so close together (#1 album only 42,000, #10 only 25,000!!), that only a small amount of decent promotion would have it flying up the charts. A new, successful, single would have it at #1 easily.

As I said, perhaps Sony are fed up with MJ fans and all the drama that comes with them. Perhaps they are now concentrating on the 30th/35th/40th/etc anniversary release of old albums instead? :wink:

I really hope so too but I have a horrible feeling we have seen the end of the promo for this album due to the poor sales in key markets (UK, JAPAN, US, FRANCE etc)

Such a shame, there was so much potential for this album to do well, but so many errors have been made by Sony, with the late HMH video, bad choice of album cover that makes 'Michael' look like another greatest hits album to the general public, no marketing to his 27 million facebook followers, almost non-existent publicity, etc etc....

It could all change so easily though, with the release of 'Monster' or 'Hollywood Tonight' to get the public excited again about the new material !!!

Lets just hope & pray that we get more singles with videos, otherwise its over.

I hate to see this album perform like this, we are so used to chart toppers & mega sales.

I just don't think we'll see another single.....I think Sony's done with the album. Their promotion was a disaster from the time they released Breaking News.

I really hope so too but I have a horrible feeling we have seen the end of the promo for this album due to the poor sales in key markets (UK, JAPAN, US, FRANCE etc)

Such a shame, there was so much potential for this album to do well, but so many errors have been made by Sony, with the late HMH video, bad choice of album cover that makes 'Michael' look like another greatest hits album to the general public, no marketing to his 27 million facebook followers, almost non-existent publicity, etc etc....

It could all change so easily though, with the release of 'Monster' or 'Hollywood Tonight' to get the public excited again about the new material !!!

Lets just hope & pray that we get more singles with videos, otherwise its over.

I hate to see this album perform like this, we are so used to chart toppers & mega sales.

The album is doing OK in Japan.

In France, HMH was a success when it was leaked. Now it is getting little attention. But the album is doing OK there too.

PS: Thankfully, Michael has real fans who support his projects (yes, I'm being sarcastic now)

I think, taking into account the 'boycotts' and fans turning against it, 'Michael' is doing ok in the UK as well. It's back up the Uk charts again this week, and I think, with another hit single (PLEASE) it will end up selling more and charting better than 'Invincible', 'Blood On The Dancefloor', 'King Of Pop', and even, perhaps, 'This is it' (although that did very well in the UK).

Does anyone know the latest confirmed UK sales figures for 'Michael'? I think it is already certified at 300,000 shipments. Is that correct?

This Is A Great Idea that this Fan made, He Is JayWonder From KOP Board

If they want the album got jump some places up (maybe back to Top 20) in the US

-Release Hollywood Tonight as the second single in February

-Air another TV advert during the Grammy Awards on CBS, 106 and Park on BET, Fuse, Centric, and Jersey Shore on MTV

-Release video for Hollywood Tonight to 106 and Park on BET, AMTV on MTV, Michael Jackson Takeover on Fuse, and Centric Hits on Centric

-print ads in Vibe Magazine, Billboard, Rolling Stone, Source, and Ebony

-Release Behind The Mask/Best of Joy as a "double A side single" (radio stations can choose which song they wanna play of the two)

-release a new edition of "Michael". A special edition wouldn't hurt at this point

1. Hold My Hand
2. Hollywood Tonight
3. Keep Your Head Up
4. (I Like) The Way You Love Me
5. Monster
6. Best Of Joy
7. Breaking News
8. I Can't Make It Another Day
9. Behind The Mask
10. Much Too Soon
*11. Behind The Mask (Original 1982 Mix)
*12. Hollywood Tonight (Original Mix)
*13. Slave To The Rhythm
*14. You're So Beautiful
*15. Escape

Disc 2- Michael.....The DVD
-Hold My Hand (Video)
-TV Advert
-Hollywood Tonight (Video)
-Reflections of Michael: Akon, Teddy Riley, Brad Buxer, Neff U, Eddie Cascio, and Lenny Kravitz remember

Does anyone know the latest confirmed UK sales figures for 'Michael'? I think it is already certified at 300,000 shipments. Is that correct?

Yes Deano,
it's officially Platinum with retails sales of 210,059 in the first three weeks, probably around 230,000 by now.

"Michael" gets a new peak in Czech Republic!
Still the best selling international album after 5 weeks.

CZECH REPUBLIC

Michael

Top 50 Albums & Compilations

( 17 Dicembre 2010) 6-x-6-6-5-

4 Weeks

Top 50 Digital Albums (Monthly)

( Dicembre 2010) 13-

Hold My Hand

Top 100 Airplay

( 15 Dicembre 2010) 39-26-27-16-20-15-

6 Weeks

Vision

Top 20 Music DVDs

( 2 Dicembre 2010) 5-8-9-8-x-10-13-5-

7 Weeks

Top 50 Albums & Compilations

( 1 Dicembre 2010) 37-//

(RE 19 Gennaio 2011) 44-

2 Weeks

http://www.ifpicr.cz/

-Air another TV advert during the Grammy Awards on CBS, 106 and Park on BET, Fuse, Centric, and Jersey Shore on MTV

-Release video for Hollywood Tonight to 106 and Park on BET, AMTV on MTV, Michael Jackson Takeover on Fuse, and Centric Hits on Centric

-Release Behind The Mask/Best of Joy as a "double A side single" (radio stations can choose which song they wanna play of the two)

-release a new edition of "Michael". A special edition wouldn't hurt at this point

1. Hold My Hand
2. Hollywood Tonight
3. Keep Your Head Up
5. Monster
6. Best Of Joy
7. Breaking News
9. Behind The Mask
10. Much Too Soon
*13. Slave To The Rhythm
*14. You're So Beautiful
*15. Escape

-Hold My Hand (Video)
-TV Advert
-Reflections of Michael: Akon, Teddy Riley, Brad Buxer, Neff U, Eddie Cascio, and Lenny Kravitz remember
Thanks for the suggestions! It would also be great if they can capitalize on the Glee Superbowl episode featuring "Thriller" with some promos for the album along with having the 2nd single ready. This is going to be a big event in the US with a very HUGE audience.

"Michael" is doing very good also in Spain:

SPAIN

Top 100 Albums

Michael

( 12 Dicembre 2010) 7-2-2-4-3-4-

6 Weeks

This Is It

( 1 Novembre 2009) 3-3-6-9-13-12-11-10-9-8-7-10-13-11-10-14-17-8-17-26-24-32-34-40-50-45-44-54-62-70-64-45-32-30-16-32-34-31-30-34-33-23-27-28-
34-64-61-81-80-89-79-95-90-//-87-99-93-//-//-//-99-98-82-79-

60 Weeks

Hold My Hand

Top 50 Singles (Physical+Downloads+Ringtones)

( 21 Novembre 2010) 21-31-31-23-16-10-8-7-8-

9 Weeks

Top 20 Airplay

( 12 Dicembre 2010) 13-5-7-6-8-10-

Vision

Top 20 Music DVDs

( 21 Novembre 2010) 1-3-1-1-1-1-1-6-

8 Weeks

Ahead of "Vision" are charting 5 karaoke dvds.

http://promusicae.org/espanol.html

Thanks for the suggestions! It would also be great if they can capitalize on the Glee Superbowl episode featuring "Thriller" with some promos for the album along with having the 2nd single ready. This is going to be a big event in the US with a very HUGE audience.

I agree with this and with the aforementioned quoted suggestions.

1. Hold My Hand
2. Hollywood Tonight
3. Keep Your Head Up
5. Monster
6. Best Of Joy
7. Breaking News
9. Behind The Mask
10. Much Too Soon
*13. Slave To The Rhythm
*14. You're So Beautiful
*15. Escape

-Hold My Hand (Video)
-TV Advert

amazing idea ..somebody should send this to sony!!!

I personally think the album has done fantastic for an album with little promotion, such a crap lead single and no singer to perform.

I personally think the album has done fantastic for an album with little promotion, such a crap lead single and no singer to perform.

sony and the Estate are the biggest Bunch of amateurs of all time...

i have never seen and i will never see something like that again.

1. Hold My Hand
2. Hollywood Tonight
3. Keep Your Head Up
5. Monster
6. Best Of Joy
7. Breaking News
9. Behind The Mask
10. Much Too Soon
*13. Slave To The Rhythm
*14. You're So Beautiful
*15. Escape

-Hold My Hand (Video)
-TV Advert

i'm gonna send an email to sony suggesting this, doesn't hurt to try then if we can write this as a petiton with at least 5,000 fans signitures supporting this idea

That sounds like a lot of promotion, and im not so sure that would really help the album sell much more. Most people know about the album already. The CD was all over the web with banner advertising and was hyped all over USA radio, and email.

Sony wants to spend less, yet still earn profit. There probably not confident in over spending when the artist is no longer here. Be realistic they want to make money here.

TV Advertising for a album your not sure of is risky. Getting a spot for the Grammy's is expensive

Majority of ppl know the album is out.

Yes a fair few know its out, but we need something that makes them go out & buy the CD and as always the best way to do that is to release a great song as second single with a video so its gets airplay on radio & tv, once people hear and like the songs, they will then go out & purchase the album.

Good Second single with airplay will have alot more impact than further adverts.

That sounds like a lot of promotion, and im not so sure that would really help the album sell much more. Most people know about the album already. The CD was all over the web with banner advertising and was hyped all over USA radio, and email.

Sony wants to spend less, yet still earn profit. There probably not confident in over spending when the artist is no longer here. Be realistic they want to make money here.

TV Advertising for a album your not sure of is risky. Getting a spot for the Grammy's is expensive

Majority of ppl know the album is out.

I don't get when some say the "Everyone knows it's out" argument. If that is all you need, then why do you still see artists selling the shit out of their albums months later? Obviously continuing to get the word out and promoting is important. In MJ's case there's only so much promoting you can do, so expectations have to be lowered.

Yes a fair few know its out, but we need something that makes them go out & buy the CD and as always the best way to do that is to release a great song as second single with a video so its gets airplay on radio & tv, once people hear and like the songs, they will then go out & purchase the album.

Good Second single with airplay will have alot more impact than further adverts.

I agree with that. The only thing that matter for corporates is the bottom line. TV advert is too expensive specially on Superbowl Sunday and Grammy night. It's expensive for a reason because it's the best marketing there is. I don't think the profit margin is worth it though for a CD.

IMO, releasing HT very soon is the best way to renew momentum on album sales.

I do my own charting at my local Walmart. Every 2 weeks I count the CDs left on their shelves. So far only 5 have sold the past 2 weeks.:(
There's 47 CDs left.

I agree with that. The only thing that matter for corporates is the bottom line. TV advert is too expensive specially on Superbowl Sunday and Grammy night. It's expensive for a reason because it's the best marketing there is. I don't think the profit margin is worth it though for a CD.

IMO, releasing HT very soon is the best way to renew momentum on album sales.

I do my own charting at my local Walmart. Every 2 weeks I count the CDs left on their shelves. So far only 5 have sold the past 2 weeks.:(
There's 47 CDs left.

Depressive. Many people still aren't aware of the album release. The controversy overshadowed the project.

I will curse 3T and these clueless fans until the end of time.

Back