16 – Torture
17 – Blame It On The Boogie
18 – 2300 Jackson Street
19 – If You’d Only Believe
20 – Shake Your Body

I'd like to see something like this :)

No way... this is MJ's song.

Bubs;3618601 said:
They can honour Michael with putting up his photo on the wall while singing their Jackson 5 and The Jackson songs.

I do not want them to try to sing Michael's solo songs for obvious reasons.

@Qbee
Michael did pay homage to their Jackson 5 times in his concerts, but he never sung any Jermaine or other Jackson brother's solo songs in his concerts.

That would mean hiring a lead singer...because MJ sang lead on 99% of the J5/Jacksons songs.

I agree with all, paws off MJ's solo work INCLUDING Heartbreak Hotel and Always, be not always.

Seeing as Jermaine recently trashed Cirque du Soleil' Immortal, I am hoping he can come up with something BETTER

That being said, I wish them all the luck, if only because I want Jermaine to stop whoring himself in the name of paying "tribute" to MJ.

Marc, they can sing MJ's songs if they want to..the venue will pay royalties to MiJac.They only need estate approval if they will release those songs (concert CD, DVD and what not)

Last edited:
Re: Official: The Jackson Start Their National Reunion Tour in July

they need apporval from the estate if they want to use MJ's image, name, ... and songs (for DVD release, etc...)

What did jerm say about immortal?

I would have more respect on them if they even once try to do concert on their own, showing "if" they have musical talent, showing that they can do a concert without Michael nor using his songs, this includes Michael's kids. That would be horrible thing if they ask them to show up, or start promoting their concert that MJ's kids are going to be there.

@memefan
What Jermaine said about Immortal?

The best thing for the Jacksons to do would be to release a new album so that this tour isn't mostly songs originally sang by Michael. However, this is extremely unlikely because there's only three months left until the first date.

I also can't really see the brothers working in the studio together again after what happened during their reality show.

I'm pretty sure the kids will be there. KJ will probably bring them for family support. I have no issues with the kids going to see their uncles perform, I just hope they are not paraded on the stage like a bunch of prize ponies.

As long as this is done in a tasteful manner then I'm all for them and wish them the best, they can even throw in a little MJ tribute with a medley of his songs if they must, they won't do the songs justice but it is what it is. As long as they don't make this all about Michael and a tribute to him, they need to follow their own paths, MJ's passing should have showed them this.

I also don't see the problem with the kids going to see the show, it is their uncles after all, again as long as they aren't made a big deal out of, or called up on stage or anything.

I think it will be Victory Tour setlist + Man In The Mirror.

elusive moonwalker;3618632 said:
What did jerm say about immortal?

Bubs;3618648 said:
I would have more respect on them if they even once try to do concert on their own, showing "if" they have musical talent, showing that they can do a concert without Michael nor using his songs, this includes Michael's kids. That would be horrible thing if they ask them to show up, or start promoting their concert that MJ's kids are going to be there.

@memefan
What Jermaine said about Immortal?

Scroll to 1:55 to hear what Jermaine had to say on November 14th 2011:

[video=youtube;IRx-APtAJEc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRx-APtAJEc[/video]

Then this is what he told Paris Match Magazine (February 4th 2012 edition)
Source: http://www.parismatch.com/People-Ma...ine-Jackson-Michael-Jackson-a-ete-tue-374717/

Aujourd’hui, Sony continue de sortir des albums *posthumes et des *compilations. Qu’en pensez-vous ?

Sony se comporte comme une merde.(1) Cette maison de disques oublie ce qu’elle doit à Michael : l’album “Thriller”, le disque le plus vendu de tous les temps. Ses *dirigeants se fichent de l’héritage musical, ils ne s’intéressent qu’à l’argent qu’ils peuvent en tirer.

Vous n’avez pas le pouvoir d’empêcher cela ?

Non. Il y a deux exécutants testamentaires qui ont été désignés. La seule chose que je puisse faire, c’est donner mon avis, tout comme mes parents, mes frères et mes sœurs. Les critiques ont aussi été mauvaises vis-à-vis de la comédie musicale du Cirque du Soleil. Mais c’est normal, Michael lui-même n’aurait jamais approuvé un show si *médiocre.(2) J’espère que son nom ne sera pas souillé par *l’industrie de la musique.

Quick translation:

1) Sony is acting like Sh!t ..then he went bla bla bla about them forgetting that MJ has the biggest selling album of all time. They don't care about his musical legacy. They are only about money (He should know!!!)

The interviewer asked if he cannot stop them

2) He said there are two executors in charge. The only thing he can do, just like his parents & siblings, is give their opinion. Then he went after MJ Immortal: "The reviews for MJ Immortal have been poor. Which is to be expected, Michael himself would have never approved such a MEDIOCRE show. I hope his name won't be soiled...bla bla bla"

Just remember...what he said right after watching the show on November 14th .....

He is such a hypocrit... I just cannot stand Jermaine. His jealousy makes him ugly...

Last edited:

this the place they're trying to sell out , (Consitution Hall)

1107170302331160_1.jpg

sure thats the right one as i read it only holds a few thousand same as the other venue announced

thanks for the jerm quotes. i wonder if he would be saying that if the family were getting a cut

That is the right place elusive, it does look bigger than it actually is, it holds little over 3000. However I doubt they'll sell out there, even Mariah had difficulty selling out there on her last tour, but good luck to them.

so Jermaine hates Immortal but Jackie, Katherine and the kids love it, and the world loves it because it's the highest grossing concert tour this year so far.. sounds to me like Jerm is jealous:bugeyed

Good luck to them. But I would be lying if I didn't admit that there's a part of me that's bitter about the fact they didn't do something like this earlier before MJ's passing.

Didn't the Jacksons start their comeback in early 2009 while Michael was still alive? I must have imagined episode one of A Family Dynasty.

That was a reality t.v show. they didnt go on tour singing which is what a comeback would be as that was their carreer before. jerm and toya werent having comebacks when they went on big brother

mariahs having trouble selling that venue out? what happened?

No way... this is MJ's song.
I really can not see anything wrong with The Jacksons performing The Jacksons material.

It's funny how Tito , Jackie, Marlon and even the kids and Katherine say Michael would love Immortal yet Jermaine says Michael would not approve. He probably wasn't asked to be involved or part of the promotion.

Then this is what he told Paris Match Magazine (February 4th 2012 edition)
Source: http://www.parismatch.com/People-Ma...ine-Jackson-Michael-Jackson-a-ete-tue-374717/

Quick translation:

1) Sony is acting like Sh!t ..then he went bla bla bla about them forgetting that MJ has the biggest selling album of all time. They don't care about his musical legacy. They are only about money (He should know!!!)

2) He said there are two executors in charge. The only thing he can do, just like his parents & siblings, is give their opinion. Then he went after MJ Immortal: "The reviews for MJ Immortal have been poor. Which is to be expected, Michael himself would have never approved such a MEDIOCRE show. I hope his name won't be soiled...bla bla bla"

Just remember...what he said right after watching the show on November 14th .....

He is such a hypocrit... I just cannot stand Jermaine. His jealousy makes him ugly...

Jermaine is just still pissed that he nor any of his family members have any final say in Michael's Estate matters. He should be more concerned with 'his Estate and legacy' and leave the people who Michael chose to take care of his business to do just that. When he does things like this it just shows his jealousy and pettiness so clearly.

OK they do performances of songs from the group, but they really should leave out the songs of Michael.... If they dare to sing, will be a disaster, they will murder the songs of Michael. Just remember La Tonta singing in tribute. :fear: But I know, Jerma will sing.... :bugeyed :doh: :sigh: :fear:

It's cool they do a tribute to Michael (sure!!! :heart:), but do not believe it will be something so great, unforgettable that everyone will remember forever. Well, Michael was the magic and the voice of the group. But it's just my opinion. :fear:

Jermaine is jealous. Tell me what's new?

There's 4 dates now with the first on June 30th. Isn't it strange that the brothers have not been online promoting this since the announcement? There's no news about it on their website and neither the Jacksons' Twitter or any of the brothers' accounts have been active (aside from one tweet from Jackie regarding his son's radio show). The Jacksons need to promote this tour as much as possible if they want a chance of filling those seats.

I am still curious about their lead singer. Most likely they will sing the hits of the group, which I like of course, but will they hire someone to do the lead--like their nephew.

Even Cirque, a well known company advertises, so I hope the Jacksons are not relying on word of mouth among Michael's fans.

Quick translation:

Jermaine is such an idiot! Michael's musical legacy is safe. Michael spent around 45 years building his legacy, nothing that is brought out posthumously can effect to it! Jermaine, who is all about money? Since June 2009, he has done nothing but milking Michael's fame.
About Immortal soiling MJ's name, Jermaine, take a look at the man in the mirror!

Gosh, he really annoys me :perrin:

the surviving Jackson brothers on board performing their collective hits and the hits of brother Jermaine.

It's kind of odd that Jermaine's solo work is being featured separately but the other brothers' songs aren't. Kind of sounds like Jerms is already pulling out the diva behavior lol. Katherine is going to have her hands full trying to mediate all of his temper tantrums. It will be interesting to see it they can actually pull it together by June. If their reality show was any indication, they don't work well together (no organization, too much ego, and no conflict resolution skills).

Didn't the Jacksons start their comeback in early 2009 while Michael was still alive? I must have imagined episode one of A Family Dynasty.

This is true. I remember they held a press conference on the first episode of the show to announce an album that would mark the 40th anniversary of the Jackson5. And I also remember the brothers dancing in a studio and doing choreography for a possible tour to support the album.

Mod Note
Ok guys, please Lets try to stay stay on topic and discuss the Jackson brothers tour. Instead of trying to derail this into yet another, lets bash Jermaine thread. We have plenty of those to go around. If it continues this thread will be cleaned to help get it back on topic - Thanks in advance for your cooperation :better:

I don't have a problem with Michael's brothers touring, and playing The Jacksons/Jackson 5 songs. But I have no interest in seeing Michael's brothers in concert, simply for the fact for me The Jacksons/Jackson 5 is Michael Jackson as he's the only Jackson I'm a fan of (even though I like and respect all of Michael's brothers) and as I never saw Michael in concert as The Jacksons/Jackson 5 in concert I just couldn't watch Jermaine or anyone else sing songs like Can You Feel It, Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground), Dancing Machine or ABC that I never saw Michael perform in concert.

Apart from that I wish Michael's brothers success with their tour.

Back