Official: The Jackson UNITY TOUR

Re: Official: The Jackson Start Their UNITY TOUR in July

Looks like the cancellations continue.....

The Auckland concert of the Jackson brothers' Unity Tour has been cancelled.

Jackie, Jermaine, Marlon and Tito Jackson were to play a one-off concert at the Logan Campbell Centre, at the ASB Showgrounds in Greenlane on March 26.

However, promoters have announced the show has been cancelled due to scheduling conflicts.

In a statement, they say the Jackson brothers apologise to their fans and are looking forward to coming to New Zealand at a later date.

All ticket holders will be required to return to the point of purchase for a full refund on their tickets

http://www.telstraclear.co.nz/news/news-story.cfm?content_id=851622

I agree with you there... case in point "I wanna be where you are"... I love that song, but what made him decide to sing it like that?
I thought he did a pretty good job on I Wanna Be Where You Are (I love that song too) when I saw them. I also thought he did the more difficult parts on Push Me Away surprisingly well.

Looks like the cancellations continue.....

The Auckland concert of the Jackson brothers' Unity Tour has been cancelled.

Jackie, Jermaine, Marlon and Tito Jackson were to play a one-off concert at the Logan Campbell Centre, at the ASB Showgrounds in Greenlane on March 26.

However, promoters have announced the show has been cancelled due to scheduling conflicts.

In a statement, they say the Jackson brothers apologise to their fans and are looking forward to coming to New Zealand at a later date.

All ticket holders will be required to return to the point of purchase for a full refund on their tickets

http://www.telstraclear.co.nz/news/news-story.cfm?content_id=851622

It's always the "scheduling conflicts"....

I thought he did a pretty good job on I Wanna Be Where You Are (I love that song too) when I saw them. I also thought he did the more difficult parts on Push Me Away surprisingly well.

Well, I guess that's personal preference, but I think he sang it way too high and that song needs a stronger voice. He should have sang that one more powerfully. Yeah, Push me away was great.

It's always the "scheduling conflicts"....

Yeah. Many fans were scheduled to be somewhere else that night. ;)

I went to the March 24th Brisbane concert.
It was held in an outdoor venue and despite everything being wet-- due to a storm at 6PM.----it was good.
We didn't go into the venue until 7.15 PM----we were waiting for the storm to pass----and The Jacksons came on at 7.30PM.
Everyone enjoyed the concert.
I cried when Jermaine sang "Gone Too Soon"
While the concert was on---the rain stopped--the sky cleared, and ONE single star appeared.
Dawn

I heard about the storm. Lucky it did not effect the show. I was considering going to Brisbane but saw them in Sydney. It is covered there. The day was very hot. I did not know Brisbane was not covered. Leaves alot to chance! If I could have made it to Newcastle I would have seen them again. It looks like a small intimate and very nice venue there.

I was at the Brisbane concert too! We got there early and got drenched in that storm!! Should have done what you did and waited for the storm to pass before going in!
I went to the March 24th Brisbane concert.
It was held in an outdoor venue and despite everything being wet-- due to a storm at 6PM.----it was good.
We didn't go into the venue until 7.15 PM----we were waiting for the storm to pass----and The Jacksons came on at 7.30PM.
Everyone enjoyed the concert.
I cried when Jermaine sang "Gone Too Soon"
While the concert was on---the rain stopped--the sky cleared, and ONE single star appeared.
Dawn

2013-05-11T205237Z_1867702382_GM1E95C0CC401_RTRMADP_3_STLUCIA.JPG

The Jacksons, consisting of brothers (L-R) Tito Jackson, Jackie Jackson, Marlon Jackson and Jermaine Jackson, pay tribute to their late brother Michael as they perform at the St Lucia Jazz and Arts Festival in Pigeon Island National Landmark May 10, 2013. They are on the first leg of their Unity Tour. Picture taken May 10, 2013. REUTERS/Andrea De Silva (ST LUCIA - Tags: ENTERTAINMENT)

MJ’s Indian connect

Collin Rodrigues , Hindustan Times
Mumbai, July 14, 2013

The Jacksons wanted something outstanding to wear for the show. Jermaine (Jackson) recommended me even when other famous designers were already being considered, a few of whom have associated with the Jackson family in the past. But finally the brothers reached a consensus after seeing my sketches and ideas, and I was finalised,” says designer Rajesh Aiya.

The Mumbai-based couturier has designed the outfits for Michael Jackson’s brothers Jermaine, Tito, Marlon and Jackie. The quartet, which sings under the title The Jacksons, is touring the US as part of the much-publicised Unity Tour. It is also the brothers’ first concert in the last three decades.

Aiya had designed outfits for The Jackson’ Staples Center, LA show held on June 30 and will do so for the forthcoming concerts in New York City and New Jersey as well. “I visited the show on June 30. I was the Jacksons’ official guest and was put up at their home. They really treated me like family. I was completely humbled by their attention and respect,” says Aiya.

The designer’s clout with the Jacksons comes due to the fact that he has been making clothes for Jermaine for the last four years. He says, “I have been designing for Jermaine since 2009 on a regular basis for his red carpet events and black tie dinners held around the world. The Jacksons’ have a long itinerary of appearances almost every day. Sometimes they change outfits more than a few times a day. So that makes it a lot of clothes throughout the year.”

Aiya claims to have designed jackets, long overcoats, trench coats, shirts, tees and trousers for Jermaine. For the ongoing tour, Aiya has designed a jacket inspired by a military uniform for Tito. Jackie will wear a matador-style jacket with hand embroidery. And Marlon has white and blue jackets with piping in contrast colours and embroidery on the sleeve ends and shirts embellished with stones with arm bands to match.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainment/Music/MJ-s-Indian-connect/Article1-1092244.aspx

It has been a year and all of the brothers are still working . that is all I want.

Shame they had to wait till mj and their chances of a reunion to die for them to do it

because they are lazy and just want to make some easy and BIG money. If they begged Michael to tour with them, they will perform in stadium and earn millions dollars effortlessly. Michael spoiled them. He should have toured on his own for his thriller album but he gave in after the Jacksons begging so they think it's working. Anyway good to see them still tour despite how I feel about their 'performance':shifty:

Family History

The Jacksons will play their hits and honor Michael when they come to The State Theatre

doc51e5ad65ecdc9160652105.jpg

DATE POSTED: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 5:05 PM EDT

By Keith Loria

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>
THE Jackson 5 became a worldwide sensation in 1969 when the album Diana Ross Presents the Jackson 5 spawned tunes such as “I Want You Back” and “Who’s Loving You” and a year later their second release generated hits “ABC,” “I’ll Be There,” and “The Love You Save.”

While the group generated much of its energy from its then-9-year-old lead singer, the legendary Michael Jackson, the Jackson 5 became as big as it did thanks to the harmonious talents of all five siblings. While Michael may have been the one garnering the press, Jackie, Tito, Jermaine and Marlon helped create an electrifying group that danced and sang its way to Motown royalty.

Of course, Michael would go on to a solo career and produce some of the most popular songs of all time and plenty of tabloid fodder has appeared about him and the rest of the family, but through it all, the family has continued to put out music.

”I’ve been doing this all my life with my brothers and we understand each other, so it makes it easier. We’re a team. We started together and done everything together,” Tito Jackson says. “The brothers are all in great shape. We had a father who was pretty hard on us in this business as far as going out there and partying so we have stayed smart and survived.”

Today, brothers Tito, Jermaine, Jackie and Marlon continue the legacy of the Jacksons and will be heading to the State Theatre in New Brunswick as part of its current Unity Tour on July 25.
”We do a pretty good show. We’ve been doing this for a long time and we’ve taken this show all over the world,” Mr. Jackson says. “We’ve been getting a really big response and we love performing to crowds who are as much into it as we are.”

The Jacksons have traveled the globe since they were kids and are one of the biggest worldwide acts in total ticket sales ever. Their music has topped the charts on different continents and in more than 50 countries.

”We get respect all over the world, and that’s a beautiful thing,” Mr. Jackson says. “Traveling and seeing different cultures is amazing. It’s something I have always enjoyed doing. We don’t always have the chance to get out because you may only have 24 hours in a city and you have to do interviews, but when you can, it’s one of my favorite things.”

The concert will consist of many of the Jackson 5’s greatest hits, as well as some solo hits from Jermaine’s career and other Motown favorites.

”There’s a lot of energy, a lot of dancing, a lot of singing; everything you would expect from a Jacksons show,” Mr. Jackson says. “It’s one of the most fun shows I have ever performed with the brothers and we all have a great time.”

The brothers also will be doing a tribute to Michael, who died in 2009.

”Our brother was a big part of our life, our family and was our brother before and after the music,” Mr. Jackson says. “We lost him and we just want to remember him and pay him homage on stage. He’s still there on stage with us in spirit and that’s a beautiful thing.”

For Tito, there’s nothing like being on stage and listening to a packed crowd singing the Jacksons’ songs back to them, and he often just smiles and listens, proud that the songs still resonate with so many.

”The connection with the audience has always been the same. I’m having more fun now that I am older because I can appreciate it in a different way,” he says. “I enjoyed it when I was a kid, but I was young. We did a lot of practical jokes and things that kids do, but now we can appreciate the world and people more.”

Although the Jacksons haven’t released any new music since 1989’s 2300 Jackson Street, which featured Michael, Marlon and Janet as guest singers, the four brothers are planning on putting out something new for the first time this century.

”We are in the process of doing something. We have recorded a few little things and want to get into the studio and put some new tunes in our repertoire and we hope to show what we can do,” he says. “Not sure when that will happen but we will focus on making the best record we can.”

When it comes to the press, Mr. Jackson says things haven’t always been as easy as ABC. Ever since they were young, the Jackson brothers have been in the spotlight and they endured the tabloid fodder about their brother, sister and family members alike. There was the time that Michael’s hair caught on fire during the filming of a Pepsi commercial that was to coincide with the Jacksons Victory Tour in 1989, and the controversy when the VH-1 movie The Jacksons: The American Dream, which first aired in 1992.

”To me, I believe in keeping your private life private and separating it all from the business part of the music,” Mr. Jackson says. “I would never want to write a memoir because I have no interest in sharing that part of my life.”

One thing he and the rest of the Jacksons would consider writing is music to a theatrical production. While some of the band’s music is currently being showcased in Broadway’s Motown the Musical, Mr. Jackson hints that this is an avenue that the brothers have long talked about doing together.

”It’s possible. We’ve talked about doing something like that,” he says. “There’s a lot of musical history with us and it’s something that has been brought up from time to time and I think would be nice to do.”

The Jacksons will perform at the State Theatre, 15 Livingston St., New Brunswick, July 25, 8 p.m. Tickets cost $35-$95; www.statetheatrenj.org; 732-246-7469.

http://www.centraljersey.com/articl...ertainment_news/doc51e5ad65ecdc9160652105.txt

Interesting that the Indian designer began making the clothes for Jermaine on a regular basis in 2009: “I have been designing for Jermaine since 2009 on a regular basis for his red carpet events and black tie dinners held around the world.". This suggests that in 09 after Michael died, Jermaine had a lot of appearances to do, so I guess the death did help his income.

How did the tour go overall? I am assuming that it is now over?

Petrarose;3870341 said:
Interesting that the Indian designer began making the clothes for Jermaine on a regular basis in 2009: &#8220;I have been designing for Jermaine since 2009 on a regular basis for his red carpet events and black tie dinners held around the world.".

tumblr_min1azEQq71r116s7o1_400.gif
:p >>>
t7iucjjpg.gif
:nono:

Mjs death is the best thing that ever happened to their careers and they took full advantage.imo is it highly insulting that they waited for mj to die and then used that extra attention and publicity to relunch their careers.even more so when for decades they refused to to do their own thing because they kept hoping and falsely anouncing that mj would rejoin them so they would be performing in stadiums rather than tiny half empty venues. then mj dies and that chance is gone forever so they finally decide to get back together with the renewed attention and cash in with their "tribute" ontop of that they call it the unity tour lol

The Jacksons are bringing their 'Unity' tour to New Jersey

Jackie Jackson remembers the moment he knew the Jackson 5 were superstars.

&#8220;We had several hit records out, &#8216;I Want You Back&#8217; and &#8216;ABC,&#8217; but our first trip to Europe (in 1972) we were landing about 5 o&#8217;clock in the morning and a pilot told us ... &#8216;Jacksons, you have about 10,000 screaming fans sneaking into the airport overnight,&#8217; &#8221; Jackie said

&#8220;That&#8217;s when I realized ... that we&#8217;re doing something really major.&#8221;

The Jackson 5 of Gary, Indiana, mixed pop, soul, rock and R&B for an ebullient sound that shook the world with a message of joy and brotherhood in the early &#8217;70s.

&#8220;The music will last forever,&#8221; Jackie said. &#8220;You can listen to a great song without the curse words and it&#8217;s not too sexual or provocative, it&#8217;s just great music.&#8221;

The Jacksons &#8212; also Jermaine, Marlon and Tito &#8212; bring their Unity Tour to New Jersey with stops Thursday, July 25 at the State Theatre in New Brunswick and Saturday, July 27 at the Borgata Music Box in Atlantic City. The group will perform all eras of Jacksons music, including solo material of the late Michael Jackson. Michael&#8217;s songs will be sung by Jackie.

The brothers are on the road again, just like old times when they were the kings of the charts. They had the attention of the King of Rock &#8216;n&#8217; Roll back then.

&#8220;I remember Elvis (Presley), he was the nicest guy,&#8221; Jackie said. &#8220;He was always bringing his daughter (Lisa Marie Presley) to our shows all the time, that&#8217;s how Michael first met her.&#8221;

Michael and Lisa Marie would later marry.

&#8220;(Elvis) would stand way in the back while his daughter would sit in the front.&#8221;

Elvis once rescued Jackie from the clutches of his Memphis Mafia security team.

&#8220;One time I was going on the elevator at the (former) MGM Grand Hotel (in Las Vegas) and I was going the back way because I had another performance to do,&#8221; Jackie said. &#8220;When Elvis would go somewhere, he had an army with him and so his security guys didn&#8217;t know who I was and they were about to throw me out of the elevator. Elvis said, &#8216;Wait, hold on, that&#8217;s a Jackson right there, you don&#8217;t throw him out. Leave him here.&#8217; &#8221;

The Jackson 5, and later the Jacksons and Michael as a solo act, played a not insignificant role is defusing the country&#8217;s racial tensions of the &#8217;70s and early &#8217;80s with a message of inclusion and unity.

&#8220;There were times on tour when we did run into particular problems,&#8221; said Jackie, 62. &#8220;But we stuck together and rose above that and we tried to show that people are people no matter what color they were.&#8221;

&#8220;When you go to our concerts, you see everybody: white, black, all nationalities &#8211; that what we love to see.&#8221;

The presence of Michael, who died in 2009 at the age of 50 in a tragic and controversial manner, is felt at the Unity shows, Jackie said.

&#8220;When we do the Michael songs, we have backdrop, people start crying and sometimes we tear up on stage when we&#8217;re singing the songs,&#8221; Jackie said. &#8220;Then we break out an uptempo tune which makes people laugh and dance in their seats, so it&#8217;s like a bittersweet moment.&#8221;

Michael&#8217;s death added him to the regretful list of entertainment icons, including Presley, Whitney Houston, James Dean and Marilyn Monroe, who perished before their time. Michael died after a fatal dose of a sleeping agent while in the care of Dr. Conrad Murray, who was sentenced to prison for manslaughter for his role in the death.

&#8220;It seems like the talented people, they leave real early, I don&#8217;t know why that is. I don&#8217;t plan to, my brothers don&#8217;t plan to go nowhere soon,&#8221; Jackie said. &#8220;That&#8217;s something that bothers me, why do talented people leave so soon?&#8221;

&#8220;It could be that they give so much of themselves. They don&#8217;t pace themselves and they burn out.&#8221;

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/arti...ng-their-Unity-tour-New-Jersey?nclick_check=1

Mjs death is the best thing that ever happened to their careers and they took full advantage.imo is it highly insulting that they waited for mj to die and then used that extra attention and publicity to relunch their careers.even more so when for decades they refused to to do their own thing because they kept hoping and falsely anouncing that mj would rejoin them so they would be performing in stadiums rather than tiny half empty venues. then mj dies and that chance is gone forever so they finally decide to get back together with the renewed attention and cash in with their "tribute" ontop of that they call it the unity tour lol

FACT! Before June 25, 2009... WHO this planet who remembered their existence? :bugeyed Nobody! -_-

Why is Randy not on the tour?

Maybe taking care of mother and the case.

Bubs you answered my question--I thought the tour had ended, but now I see they are in Jersey. They should be getting some good money from this, so I hope they give some to their children to help them along in life.

Saw this show and it was great. Hope they come back to the UK. They killed it on stage.

Life after Michael: Jackie Jackson on fame, stardom

Chris Jordan, Asbury Park (N.J.) Press8:46 p.m. EDT July 19, 2013

As the Jacksons tour, MJ's oldest brother reflects on Michael and his musical legacy.

Jackie Jackson remembers the moment he knew the Jackson 5 were superstars.

"We had several hit records out, I Want You Back and ABC, but our first trip to Europe (in 1972) we were landing about 5 o'clock in the morning and a pilot told us ... 'Jacksons, you have about 10,000 screaming fans sneaking into the airport overnight,' " Jackie said

"That's when I realized ... that we're doing something really major."

The Jackson 5 of Gary, Indiana, mixed pop, soul, rock and R&B for an ebullient sound that shook the world with a message of joy and brotherhood in the early '70s.

"The music will last forever," Jackie said. "You can listen to a great song without the curse words and it's not too sexual or provocative, it's just great music."

The Jacksons — also Jermaine, Marlon and Tito — are on a Unity Tour this summer. The group will perform all eras of Jacksons music, including solo material of the late Michael Jackson. Michael's songs will be sung by Jackie.

The brothers are on the road again, just like old times when they were the kings of the charts. They had the attention of the King of Rock 'n' Roll back then.

"I remember Elvis (Presley), he was the nicest guy," Jackie said. "He was always bringing his daughter (Lisa Marie Presley) to our shows all the time, that's how Michael first met her."
Michael and Lisa Marie would later marry.

"(Elvis) would stand way in the back while his daughter would sit in the front."

Elvis once rescued Jackie from the clutches of his Memphis Mafia security team.

"One time I was going on the elevator at the (former) MGM Grand Hotel (in Las Vegas) and I was going the back way because I had another performance to do," Jackie said. "When Elvis would go somewhere, he had an army with him and so his security guys didn't know who I was and they were about to throw me out of the elevator. Elvis said, 'Wait, hold on, that's a Jackson right there, you don't throw him out. Leave him here.' "

The Jackson 5, and later the Jacksons and Michael as a solo act, played a not-insignificant role in defusing the country's racial tensions of the '70s and early '80s with a message of inclusion and unity.

"There were times on tour when we did run into particular problems," said Jackie, 62. "But we stuck together and rose above that and we tried to show that people are people no matter what color they were."

"When you go to our concerts, you see everybody: white, black, all nationalities – that what we love to see."

The presence of Michael, who died in 2009 at the age of 50 in a tragic and controversial manner, is felt at the Unity shows, Jackie said.

"When we do the Michael songs, we have the backdrop, people start crying and sometimes we tear up on stage when we're singing the songs," Jackie said. "Then we break out an uptempo tune which makes people laugh and dance in their seats, so it's like a bittersweet moment."

Michael's death added him to the regrettable list of entertainment icons, including Presley, Whitney Houston, James Dean and Marilyn Monroe, who perished before their time. Michael died after a fatal dose of a sleeping agent while in the care of Dr. Conrad Murray, who was sentenced to prison for manslaughter for his role in the death.

"It seems like the talented people, they leave real early, I don't know why that is. I don't plan to, my brothers don't plan to go nowhere soon," Jackie said. "That's something that bothers me, why do talented people leave so soon?"

"It could be that they give so much of themselves. They don't pace themselves and they burn out."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2013/07/19/jacksons-life-after-michael/2570375/

Yeah, they took so long to come back. Michael's passing revived most of them, I wonder what they did for a living (well, La Toys and Jermaine appeared on reality shows but the rest...)

I just came back from the brothers' show in Westbury, NY and I have a few comments to make about it.

-The venue itself had a very small stage and I didn't think that they could actually perform on it, but they made the best of it.
-All of Jermaine's solo material was cut from this concert, possibly for time.
-Marlon had a lot more energy dancing-wise than he did in the last show I saw the brothers in last year. He was really putting it away this time; much kudos to him!
-When I saw them last year, there were several background singers. This time around there was only one. WTF happened?!
-Despite how small the stage was, the brothers did an overall terrific job tonight. There were a few times when the background music was drowning out their microphones but they all still did very well.
-I took about 30-ish pictures, and I am currently debating whether or not I will upload some or all of them.

Zaak glad you had a good time. Maybe the background had to go because the stage was small, or the crowds are smaller. No doubt they streamlined the show and made it tighter. Maybe that is why they took out Jermaine's solos? Maybe Jermaine sounds better singing with the group? Marlon was always the best dancer after Michael anyway. Jermaine was stiff while he played the guitar and Marlon, Jackie & Michael did more dancing. Tito was also a stiff dude too while he played.

Any news on when they expect their tour to end?

Back