Official track list of bad 25th anniversary special edition is unveiled

Sounds amazing! I'm glad that they added The Way You Make Me Feel from other Wembley concert. Most likely audio quality is not as great as in July 16 concert but I'm still very happy. Picture quality can be better because of U-Matic tape. Thank you Estate for listening fans! :)

Awesome.

I love the track list... Can't wait to hear the new songs.

I don't' care for Pitbull...but I am interested to hear the remix

41 days....

I think people should stop and think for a second before start complaining. In this project they are really listening to the fans.

Fans asked for the songs not performed at Wembley to be added at bonuses of DVD - they did that

Fans said they don't like remixes that much - the number of the remixes are kept at minimal of 3

and just the other day we were talking about wanting more information about the release etc, and we got it.

perhaps it's the time to put the never ending negativity aside and try to enjoy Bad 25 for a change.

Nothing else to add

I agree with that they should've include more unreleased songs than that. Plus I'm only disappointed is why do they have to included "I Just Can't Stop Loving You & Bad from the Yokohama 87' concert? We've seen it like numerous times, we could've have 1 track from other 87' or 88' concerts like one from the premiere on Tokyo 87', Rome 88', New York 88' or even Brisbane 87'.

But other than that, I'm pretty much satisfied.

WOOHOOOO....I am VERY excited about this...there will be NO complaints from me....I CANNOT wait for this...especially the unreleased:woohoo: tracks.. I don't care if there are 3remixes...I just want to enjoy hearing Michael. Thank You Estate...:D.. OMG...am SO excited..:woohoo:.

I don't get the point of adding IJCSLY and Bad from Yokohama.
And what I mean is, if they would add extra songs, why not add the songs that were dropped from the first leg??

Things I Do For You
Off The Wall
Lovely One
Shake Your Body

Awesome news :chillin:

I'm glad they didn't put too many un-released songs so in the future there are more songs to look forward
:sarmoti::bounce::sarmoti:

and.......not only do we get all THIS....PLUS...we get the DVD....OMG...So excited....Cannot wait for this to start happening.. Ok I need to take a breath..LOL. Can you imagine UNFINISHED material...never touched...sounds GREAT to me!! :D

I'm getting so excited about this right now....... Can't it be September already?! And where, oh where am I gonna come up with the cash for all of this?? LOL

I'm getting so excited about this right now....... Can't it be September already?! And where, oh where am I gonna come up with the cash for all of this?? LOL

haha...I am asking myself the same question...and wanna know what my answer is?? WHO KNOWS..LOL....but....we WILL find it somewhere....we have to...LOL. This is a once in a life time thing that is happening and I for one DON'T plan on missing out...LOL .:)

haha...I am asking myself the same question...and wanna know what my answer is?? WHO KNOWS..LOL....but....we WILL find it somewhere....we have to...LOL. This is a once in a life time thing that is happening and I for one DON'T plan on missing out...LOL .:)
HAVE to find the cash LOL. No matter where it comes from, it'll come. Plus I have to get the tickets to Immortal Tour too... Luckily they've still got tix available.

The good thing about the bonus videos is we will know what type of quality improvements were possible from umatic recordings. Because I believe the July 14 nights records will be a Umatic because they found the July 16 VHS and also the Yokomaha Bad performance we'll get to see what improvements were made versis what has already been enhanced by fans with second and third generation copies.

This really shows how thoughtful the estate have been in terms of fans wants. For example, knowing that The Way You Make Me Feel wasn't performed on the day of that show, so including it from the next day as an extra. Keeping the one day performance intact, as it really was, no audio from other days.

Brilliant, just brilliant. Thanks to the estate! It's the best release since Michael's death.

Wow! This is definitely the best thing the Estate has done in all the time they've been in charge. No nasty surprises, no letdowns, but exactly what fans asked for. I've been very harsh on the Estate and I think they have often deserved it, but this time around they're doing very well. :)

I posted this morning that I thought new info would be coming soon. Little did I know that I was correct....

I agree that we should be happy with what we get. As an MJ fan I'm happy with this new release, but it doesn't provide me with something that's very important to me. I want to see the Estate striving to extend MJ's legacy, to gain a new audience in addition to the current fan base and expand it.

This post isn't going to make me popular but I don't care about that.

I can see that the Estate has listened to the comments on MJ fan boards and this has influenced their product quite a bit. BUT, I wish the Estate would NOT only listen to fans. If you only ever try to appeal to a fan base the legacy will die. You have to reach beyond that because (as is the case with MJ) the fans aren't always in tune with what's best for an artist's legacy. Fanbases are selfish creatures. Sure, you can't deliberately ignore them, but there is a balancing act between appeasing the fans and doing enough to attract a new audience.

The Estate could have done that effectively with new remixes, releasing them into the charts and including them in the package. They haven't really done that here. IMO there's nothing here that's going to attract to anybody else except the MJ hardcore fanbase which is a shame.

As I said, as a fan, I'm happy with what I'm getting. I just wish they would try harder to gain new fans.
Elvis and the Beatles only continues their success because they built on their fan base.

If this is really what fans asked for, that's great that they listened. But i can't help but feel that there's too little unreleased/unheard tracks on there. I guess there weren't any others that were finished enough to be on cd?

That setlist is great, I really can't wait now. I just wish they would release a trailer or a little snippet of the DVD so we can see what it looks like now its been finished.

I must say the estate is doing a great job on this package. It looks like they are really listening to the fans.

I am surprised there isn't more unreleased songs. I thought Quincy Jones said MJ had enough material for Bad to be a 3 CD set. I guess Quincy might have been exaggerating a little!

I was also surprised to read in the press release that the French version of IJCSLY was never released before. I've listened to it so many times on Youtube that I firgured it was released at least in France before.

OMG this is amazing, and you have to give them props for listening and striving to meet fan expectations the best they can.

While I can understand most fans being unhappy about Pitbull, I can also see the reasoning behind having him remix Bad. He's a popular, mainstream artist today and if that's what it takes to get Michael's music across to a younger audience and more airplay by request so be it. We can always enjoy the original track and skip whatever we don't like.

I'm not too fussed about the number of unreleased demos being limited, after all they don't want to deplete, but make the supply last longer. I'm sure fans want it that way too. The thought of the day where we have nothing new to look forward to scares me...

I'm so looking forward to watching Bad Wembley, hearing the demos and Bad live. Nothing can take away my excitement at this moment :D

One thing that does worry me is that they said Don't Be Messin Round was one of the more complete demos. To me DBMR was far from complete. So if the other songs are less complete, we might be getting some really short/sparse/incomplete tracks.

Buffalo Bill (1983) (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Inspired by the legendary gunfighter James Butler Hickok aka Buffalo "Wild Bill"
Hickok. Supposed to be an outtake of the album VICTORY (1984) by The Jacksons,
later intended to be released on the album BAD (1987).

Sources:

• Michael Jackson's then manager Frank Dileo in an interview in 1984
  • Michael Jackson's court deposition in Mexico in November 1993

Hot Fever (1985) (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Demo of The Way You Make Me Feel (1987)
Source: United States Copyright Office (registered in October 1985)

Eaten Alive (1985) (Barry Gibb, Maurice Gibb, Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Originally written only by the two Bee Gees, then Michael re-wrote the chorus
Two demos exist: one sung by the two Bee Gees, and another one sung by Michael
Source: United States Copyright Office (registered twice: in March and in July 1985)

Tomboy (1985) (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Outtake of the album BAD (1987)
Sources:

• United States Copyright Office (registered in October 1985)
  • Michael Jackson's court deposition in Mexico in November 1993

What You Do To Me (1985) (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Could be rewritten for a scheduled release on the album INVINCIBLE (2001)

Source: United States Copyright Office
(registered twice: in October 1985 and again in December 1998)

Crack Kills (1986) (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Features hip hop group Run DMC which is given credit in the booklet
of the album BAD (1987) (Special Edition, 2001). Due to tensions
between both sides the song finally did not make the album BAD (1987).

Early unfinished lyrics of this song have been sold by auction twice:
first in November 2005 and once again online via Ebay in 2006

Source: Michael Jackson's court deposition in Mexico in November 1993

Pyramid Girl (1986) (Michael Jackson)

Michael Jackson
Demo of Liberian Girl (1987)

Chicago 1945 (1987) (Michael Jackson, Steve Porcaro)
Supposed alternative title: Chicago Nights
(as seen in the movie MOONWALKER (1988))

Michael Jackson
The song was reworked in 2000 for the album INVINCIBLE (2001)

See also: --> Chicago 1945 - Reworked Version (2000)

Creep (1987) (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Note: The year the song was written and recorded is unproven
(but has to be prior to 1994).

Get Around (1987) (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
The song was reworked in 2000 for the album INVINCIBLE (2001)

See also: --> Get Around - Reworked Version (2000)

Groove Of Midnight (1987) (Rod Temperton)
Michael Jackson
Michael can be heard singing it a bit on a leaked snippet
from a recording session for the album BAD (1987)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bunch of BAD Era songs that could be added to the disc. I really think they could've added at least 4-5 more. And there must be even more, as songs like "I'm So Blue", "Free" and "Song Groove" were unknown until now (as far as I know).

Nice one estate!

Only one thing i hope i could advise, and to be honest yes i am there with bobmoo on the fact the the estate needs to keep pushing to new fans. Dont get me wrong that Michaels music will do this on its own, but getting * current* and influenced by Michael artists to cover/remix his amazing songs will keep him current in todays charts!
The other thing is, please please, dont let these gems of his just die! Release as singles with say remixes of classic songs make Bad 25 truely LEGENDRY! then its upto his fan base to go that extra mile and make sure we keep this legacy going forever!

Michael will never die in my eyes , simply because the music was and always will be alive!

Please take this advise and dont just rest on Bad 25 sales alone.

Terry

This is great, in fact I think there are 2 remixes, becauae the other Bad remix is also done by Afrojack, but I don't know what Pitbull did with it. Off course they could have add more unreleased tracks, but come on. I hope I can live another 30 years at least and to have everything released in just 5 years and then nothing anymore.... They really have to take care with everything Michael has left to us, there is no more....
Maybe they will do another complete CD with unreleased tracks from all periods in the future.

Back