'One Night Only' Rehearsal Footage of Childhood

Whatever

Proud Member
(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));Michael Jackson em ensaio Childhood [HBO]Snippet of Michael Jackson & Marcel Marceau rehearsing Childhood for the 'One Night Only' Special in 1995 Posted by MJ Beats : Michael Jackson Brasil on Friday, July 17, 2015

nice

Footage like this is why there should be a fan collectors label.

I was hoping to see footage of Michael singing the song. Great video though. :)

It's from MTV ? :wild:

More footage could easily exist....

Hope one day we will see it !!

Why the **** is there still no collectors label I hope theres someone one day that leaks so much stuff that it hurts the estates profits how much more longer do we have to wait

Does anyone know where MJ Beats get all their stuff? I know there's a buy/sell/trade community, I just have no idea where it is? Steve ... ;)

Does anyone know where MJ Beats get all their stuff? I know there's a buy/sell/trade community, I just have no idea where it is? Steve ... ;)

Haha! What on earth gives you the impression I could possibly know such details!? :shifty:

Also...I have no idea what's going on, I still cannot see any video in the OP....Just the word "nice" ...strange.

I think it `s from the press-appearance we all know.

nice little clip.. You know there is a lot more filmed and I would love to see more footage.. This would have been an amazing special... would have impacted MJ's career at that time very nicely!

This arguably would have been one of the highlights of his career, a huge comeback as Michael the artist, rather than the spectacle. Hope more footage of this comes to light in the future.

Why the **** is there still no collectors label I hope theres someone one day that leaks so much stuff that it hurts the estates profits how much more longer do we have to wait

Sooooo you want MJ's estate, that will eventually be controlled by his children, to be financially hurt? Thank God your not in charge of MJ's assets.

Judging how Marcel Marceau himself expressed of the work Michael and him were going to do, it seems it was going to be epic. I mean, having such giants in the same stage, how couldn't it be?

"It's a very beautiful song. The melody, the timing are exceptionally moving. There's also a great deal of a certain sadness in Childhood, it's a message straight from the heart, a sort of crying out to all. It's true that Michael Jackson started out very young - he never really had a childhood. But what he lived is certainly not be pitied: he was happy to perform and be successful. But his enormous success must be seen in light of the demands made on him by his popularity. He is constantly under intense pressure. It's practically slavery at times." - Marcel Marceau on Childhood

>>Was The Michael Jackson that you met in 1988 the same person that you saw again in 1995?
>>Marcel Marceau: „Yes he is the same. Firstly because one does'nt change at that age; secondly, because he had the same kindness and respect he's famous for. At times you have the impression that he's a character from an other planet altogether. He's so lightfooted, so exceptional. I'd heard that he does'nt really like to be touched. But I can tell you that at the end of our number Childhood, in duo, he comes up to me singing „... have you seen my childhood...“, and with a gesture of the hand I show him the way. We finish the piece together. It was so very, very pure. Poetic.
For myself, Michael Jackson is a true poet, a great poet of song. He is also an extraordinary dancer and showman with a huge respect for the theater, for music and cinema. One can feel the urge, the need to give, coming from within him. He's such a pure and true person. But it's also true, that everybody want's to get his attention. He's unbelievably sollicited, and when you are sollicited that much, you can fall victim to all sort of things. It's my deepest, most heartfelt conviction that Michael Jackson is a good person, a fine young man with a incredible burden – responsibility – to carry on his shoulders.“
( - excerpt of an Interview with B&W Magazine, 1996)

Sooooo you want MJ's estate, that will eventually be controlled by his children, to be financially hurt? Thank God your not in charge of MJ's assets.

How do you know that the MJ estate will be controlled by his children? For all we know they may not want anything to do with the business side of things and leave it to someone else.

Oh god the horror they might loose out on having hundreds of millions of more dollars!

Judging how Marcel Marceau himself expressed of the work Michael and him were going to do, it seems it was going to be epic. I mean, having such giants in the same stage, how couldn't it be?

Lovely quotes from Marcel Marceau! I've never seen them before.

It's from MTV ? :wild:

More footage could easily exist....

Hope one day we will see it !!

Oh, yes, definitely. It has the MTV-logo, so this must have been recorded from the, which means MTV has it in their vaults.

hours of footage exists.. People don't just record a minute or so and stop recording... lol! There's professional cameras and I bet you Michael personal camera-person..

How do you know that the MJ estate will be controlled by his children? For all we know they may not want anything to do with the business side of things and leave it to someone else.

Now they just teenagers and first of all they need to get education!
And it is not a question of interest, IMO, if they are interested in it or nor, the Estate's it's their "property" even NOW when there are still teenagers, this Estate is their FUTURE, no matter who the executors are or will be! Michael got all his family out of his Will for his children to have it!
Even if one day all three will refuse to rule the Estate by themselves and will hire someone else for this job (it will be understandable), the Estate will still belong to THEM.
After 2009 I had a wish for the Estate to get out of ALL its debts before Prince's 18 birthday... Sad that not all fans have wishes like that.

Now they just teenagers and first of all they need to get education!
And it is not a question of interest, IMO, if they are interested in it or nor, the Estate's it's their "property" even NOW when there are still teenagers, this Estate is their FUTURE, no matter who the executors are or will be! Michael got all his family out of his Will for his children to have it!
Even if one day all three will refuse to rule the Estate by themselves and will hire someone else for this job (it will be understandable), the Estate will still belong to THEM.
After 2009 I had a wish for the Estate to get out of ALL its debts before Prince's 18 birthday... Sad that not all fans have wishes like that.

You seem to be getting really worked up. All I said was that we don't know what MJ's kids will do with the estate in the future.

Last edited:
Like already mentioned in this thread, this clip is NOT from REHEARSALS!

It's from the PRESS CONFERENCE they gave to promote the concerts.
There are lots of clips of this, nothing rare. the two just playing around making poses etc.

For more search YouTube for "Michael Jackson Marcel Marceau"

‘One Night Only’ is another example which shows that MJ wanted to re-establish his relationship with his US-based audience (instead of avoiding them as many incorrectly still believe).

It is really sad that this specific show never happened, because, apart from all the commercial benefits, it would also have boosted his (tarnished) self-confidence.

In my opinion, this was one of the greatest, missed opportunities of all time:

[video=youtube;i-KY2lzbexQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-KY2lzbexQ[/video]

Last edited:
^ I agree.. This and This Is It!

there has always been intrigue by fans to see MJ perform things in eras an looks we've never seen.. That's part of the reason the Brunei concert was such a big deal among fans to see.. See him in the history era perform things like Human Nature, Jam, Man In The Mirror...

the HBO special would have been amazing, not only for the reason mentioned above, I have considered that time frame to be Michaels most CRISP movements as far a dance... The collectiveness on how his style evolved through the years in my opinion reached a special peak around this time...

I'm still upset about not getting to see this. I remember the commercial coming on HBO making me so excited.
I even found an ad for it in the TV Guide and ripped it out to keep.

The hype for this in the fandom at the time was through the roof, and as we can see by the current posts, it still is, so call me senile, but can anyone job my memory as to why this wasn't postponed and put on at a later date as opposed to flat out cancelled?

Back