Paris Jackson begins acting career - Lundon's Bridge - Summary of the book @pg42

I read this sentence and it reminds me of Chris Hunt all over again. Another person with a non-existing resume!

It's almost like the children's guardian ONLY takes offers from folks who have NO experience in the area they are promoting.

Who else wants to deal with this family considering their business history?... Those 3 kids should wait until they're older and make their own deals, show they're reliable. Otherwise I fear this Js image will stick to them.

Very true ben. the only ppl the jacksons can work with are scammers. u dont want that connection ruining the kids before they even get started interms of when they do come of age A listers wont touch them cause they have been damaged so much by all the
connections to z listers

Now that I read it

- I don't understand why Paris / Lundon is supposed to be the only human character in the movie. There's a good bunch of human characters or at least human forms of sea creatures. Dalina (supposed to be played by Larry King's wife) in human form seems to be pretty much in everything as well.
- I don't see how this will be a 90 minute motion picture. It seems to be a lot more suitable for a short-film.
- I'm 35 years old and love all animation movies but I believe this is a lot more suitable for elementary school age. I don't see this becoming popular for everyone.
- It's too much fantasy - out there - for my tastes. You'll be the judge for yourself.
- Although there's mention of pollution, I don't think "save the planet" is the message or the plot of this book. By the end of the book pollution (decayed sea , plant monsters) is still there.
- Sorry but kidnapping children to brainwash them and turn into insects/ bugs to attack humans is creepy.
- Also I really didn't find the idea of Muck Munchers who suck muck through their 3 mouths and shoot out clean water from their backends (fish butts ) appealing.

FYI - The book is a hard read.

Wow Ivy, thank you for ploughing through that on our behalf. I think small kids will likely be terrified by half of whats in that (being grabbed by tentacles, chased by wasps, finding someone in a skeleton) and I think older kids would find it naff (Can't think of a better way to put that, sorry). Popsicle bridge???
If this gets commercial funding I'll eat my black fedora...if it's a commercial success I'll eat the white one too.

Just watch, this whole thing is gonna implode.....too much stuff not right from the beginning. History repeating itself.

I do hope her dream to be an actress does come true. But, now that I know that this project been around for yrs and only until they got Paris to be part of it will it be a major motion picture is a little like WTF? How flattering ...oh wait it's because she's MJ kid. o_O So yea I get the concern now. But, atleast it's a positve film. Gotta start somewhere right? Especially since she or someone in her family can't wait until she is older?

Thanks for the summary of the book. The book sounds like a hot mess! It's all over the place.

I would have loved if Paris would have starred in a good book series like Nancy Drew or maybe even one of those R.L Stine Fear Street books they always make films out of on Nick. I don't know about Lundon Bridge. It's just too messy..

I hope her acting career will kick off one day, but this? It's gone viral. I hope she doesn't read the comments below these articles because they are not nice.

Maybe a national commercial would work for her? No overexposing there but naa, she is commited to this for five more movies or not.

I do wonder if some people here would rather she had the "success" that Miley Cirus has had with Hannah Montana. That was a big name brand with big funding behind it. It exploded and had all the bells and whistles and it catapulted Billie's daughter to fame. An uncomfortable level of fame (if there is even such a thing as a comfortable level).

If Paris were my child, I think while she is a child, I would rather her work on some independent low budget film than one that has the money to take her away from me and throw her into every lime light available.

Paris already has to deal with fame. She has dealt with it her whole life. She just wants to act. She has a passion for it. Why is it not good enough if it isn't a big name brand? Why judge this man who wants to donate 50% of the proceeds to schools and make him out to be some greedy slimeball just because we haven't heard of him before? There are plenty of great projects out there that don't get funding and it's not always due to quality. (I will say the story line does sound pretty full.. maybe too full, but if Paris likes it then that's good enough for me).

By the way, nobody's first film has to be a blockbuster hit film in order to be taken seriously. They just have to persist. If she decides after this that she really does love acting, and it is something she needs in her life,then I am sure she will find success in acting by working for it. There are so many actors out there who were horrible starting out, who learned as they went along and got better and better. I am not saying she will be horrible, but worst case scenario is that the movie is a flop... so what. You pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and go on to the next one. If you love it, you keep on going. It should never be about the fame. It's about the love of the art. If she finds she loves the art then she'll have all kinds of opportunities. Some of them will be horrible, and some will be fantastic. Most likely if she decides to take on an acting career, she will have a bit of both on her resume by the time most of the people in this thread feel she is old enough to pursue it. This will just be her first of many (if she loves it). Why not support her in this? It's not a full time job, it's just an opportunity to experience what she has a passion for. I would be more concerned if she were starting out at the top. Maybe she is starting where she feels comfortable. I just pray that it is a good experience for her regardless of the outcome and regardless of whether it brings her a penny, or millions. It shouldn't be about the money or about fame, and I would hope that more people could appreciate that.

I do wonder what some of the people in this thread think of the parents of all the children they see in movies. Is it only different because this is Michael Jackson's child, or do they feel all children should stay away from acting? Should little adults be cast in the roles of children so that children don't have to take these roles? Sometimes I think we all get so caught up in what we think he would have wanted that we can't see things as they are.

I think the issue isn't being part of a low budget independent film, it's being part of a no budget film that uses her to raise money.

Look to the website they are trying to raise their "first $1 million"

oh and see they updated their cast website http://lundons.com/meet.html , now they have more human characters. I told you it made no sense for Paris to be the only human character.

They added someone related to the writer as Waxer
and a Korean artist as his mother.

Hmm, well perhaps it won't come to fruition, but many dreams become reality with no starting capital but some hard work and persistence behind it. She does have some talent acting (I saw a little bit she's done) and was quite natural. They obviously see the opportunity to capitalize on her name, but I imagine she got the role fair and square...It would be much nicer to see that they have the opportunity, but don't take it. Instead just make a quality film and let that stand on it's own regardless. The use of Michael's music tends to cheapen the thing, not because the music isn't good (as we all know) but because it puts a bad taste in one's mouth thinking they are using her to get free use of his songs and name. I don't know. I will just have to see how it all turns out and pray for the best since I am just a fan. I am not mom or gramma or aunty.

I do wonder if some people here would rather she had the "success" that Miley Cirus has had with Hannah Montana. That was a big name brand with big funding behind it. It exploded and had all the bells and whistles and it catapulted Billie's daughter to fame. An uncomfortable level of fame (if there is even such a thing as a comfortable level).

If Paris were my child, I think while she is a child, I would rather her work on some independent low budget film than one that has the money to take her away from me and throw her into every lime light available.

Paris already has to deal with fame. She has dealt with it her whole life. She just wants to act. She has a passion for it. Why is it not good enough if it isn't a big name brand? Why judge this man who wants to donate 50% of the proceeds to schools and make him out to be some greedy slimeball just because we haven't heard of him before? There are plenty of great projects out there that don't get funding and it's not always due to quality. (I will say the story line does sound pretty full.. maybe too full, but if Paris likes it then that's good enough for me).

By the way, nobody's first film has to be a blockbuster hit film in order to be taken seriously. They just have to persist. If she decides after this that she really does love acting, and it is something she needs in her life,then I am sure she will find success in acting by working for it. There are so many actors out there who were horrible starting out, who learned as they went along and got better and better. I am not saying she will be horrible, but worst case scenario is that the movie is a flop... so what. You pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and go on to the next one. If you love it, you keep on going. It should never be about the fame. It's about the love of the art. If she finds she loves the art then she'll have all kinds of opportunities. Some of them will be horrible, and some will be fantastic. Most likely if she decides to take on an acting career, she will have a bit of both on her resume by the time most of the people in this thread feel she is old enough to pursue it. This will just be her first of many (if she loves it). Why not support her in this? It's not a full time job, it's just an opportunity to experience what she has a passion for. I would be more concerned if she were starting out at the top. Maybe she is starting where she feels comfortable. I just pray that it is a good experience for her regardless of the outcome and regardless of whether it brings her a penny, or millions. It shouldn't be about the money or about fame, and I would hope that more people could appreciate that.

I do wonder what some of the people in this thread think of the parents of all the children they see in movies. Is it only different because this is Michael Jackson's child, or do they feel all children should stay away from acting? Should little adults be cast in the roles of children so that children don't have to take these roles? Sometimes I think we all get so caught up in what we think he would have wanted that we can't see things as they are.

As far as I'm concerned I don't care if it's a z list film or a blockbuster, this project is simply the cherry on top of a big steaming mess which has built up since Michael died. And truthfully there are other events that have upset me more regarding the children than this project.

It's not want we think it's what we know. We are aware what Michael wanted for his children and so does KJ, she said so herself, but Michael's opinion and wishes were just thrown out of the window almost as soon as he died, like a free for all for everyone. And I am big enough to admit that I can't get passed it (maybe it's an age thing). I can't just conveniently forget all that we knew from before.

Agree with Last Tear.
Personally, the age thing doest even bother me. It's the lack of guidance, of the obvious use of Paris' name to fund the movie that irritate me the most. Feels like MFT all over again : use the kids and the alibi of charity.

I do hope she gets an Oscar one day... with that said, I have serious doubts about this particular project. It just doesn't seem right to me. It seems too amateur.

Last edited:
Ape;3557869 said:

Yeah, the bold is it to a large degree for me. It is extremely different because she IS Michael Jackson’s child. They’ve announced her movie on my local television news. What other unknown teen actress gets news coverage and they’ve done absolutely nothing else previously and the book/movie itself is unknown.

Being MJ’s daughter puts her in a singularly exclusive club that can only be shared by her two brothers. It makes her different from the Miley’s, even the Jodie Fosters and Brooke Shields, because the spotlight these child actors had shining on them and endured is nothing in comparison to what Paris has opened herself up to because her father was not only the most famous entertainer on the planet, but unfortunately one of the most controversial.

Paris is going to be subjected to a whole different level of attention, scrutiny, criticism, judgment, comparison, and expectation because of MJ, and many will be ready to pounce and call her a failure. She’s already being slammed for getting this so called opportunity because of Michael instead of any talent she might possess. Plus she’s obviously just being used for that very same reason, which makes this starring role not only reprehensible, but sad.

She will always be MJ’s daughter and no one wants her to be denied a passion, but she is 13 years old. She has just entered the teen years where self-esteem and self-image are greatly developed and affected by environment. Opening one’s self up to the public eye environment is difficult for seasoned adult artists. It can be very harmful for an adolescent. It was for her father and his talent was already legendary, and he didn’t have the added issue of a father’s enormous fame. Paris will.

It just seems that if she had a few more years under her belt, she would be better equipped to handle the onslaught that is coming her way. It’s her family’s responsibility to be asking a couple of simple questions for her at this point, and that is: At 13 years of age, is putting a bigger spotlight on her wise and in HER best interest? Is this project in HER best interest? As just a fan, granted just looking in from the outside, but realizing how MJ was affected, knowing how he wanted to protect his children, and with the known elements of this particular “movie”, the answer to both questions seems to be a resounding NO.

Better get outta the train wreck while there's still time. What's the hurry .. a couple of years more won't hurt. I 'd rather she worked with A listers and producers in film or TV even if it's a one-liner.
Poor girl... does she even know she down with one with zero funding who'd only use her as bait.

Maybe im the only one, but i see it this way. If this is what paris wants to do badly, let her? Like katherine said to michael when the churge didnt aprove of his album she said go. go live your dream. Maybe this is hers? And to attack the fam right away without the knowlegde why or whos idea this is, is just IMO plan stupid..
we have to see what paris has to say with ellen who i like btw..

Please all be calm..

Maybe im the only one, but i see it this way. If this is what paris wants to do badly, let her? Like katherine said to michael when the churge didnt aprove of his album she said go. go live your dream. Maybe this is hers? And to attack the fam right away without the knowlegde why or whos idea this is, is just IMO plan stupid..
we have to see what paris has to say with ellen who i like btw..

Please all be calm..

That's really not a good example, in my opinion. I mean, Michael was a GROWN man, not a 13 year old child.

Aside from all of that, there are way too many red flags with this so-called project. Ain't nothing wrong with living your dream, but it should be done correctly, whether on a small scale or a large scale. This entire project smells!

And when does a 13 year old get to do WHATEVER they want to do? What ever happened to saying just plain NO! Especially when the project smells as badly as this one does.

I could see if any of the projects, since Michael's death, had turned out successfully, but the track record speaks for itself. The tribute concert, the foundation in Gary, the belts, the perfume, the fake Heal The World Foundation, Howard Mann and his MJ related projects. ALL FAILURES!

And now a "charity foundation" in Japan. If it weren't so sad, it would be funny!

Larry King is in the movie.. I don't think Larry would lend his voice for anything that would be too dinky! but we will have to wait and see.. I have no idea what direction it's going

Something else occurred to me about this...If Paris is going to be used for fundraising activities, plus filming plus promotion, then that is presumably going to take her away from contact with her siblings for extended periods of time, I imagine out of school terms. Blanket is still very young, and like all of them, has had a lot of adjustments to make in the last two and a half years. It may be fine for Paris to manage without the rest of her siblings for longish periods, but how might this affect Blanket...he does seem to look to Paris as something of a mother figure..... and bereaved children really don't need any more big separations in their lives.

Larry King is in the movie.. I don't think Larry would lend his voice for anything that would be too dinky! but we will have to wait and see.. I have no idea what direction it's going
Larry King is in the movie and so is his wife, but I notice that they ain't opening up their purse strings in order to get this "thing" funded.

In my opinion, it's ALREADY dinky that they had to use a 13 year old girl in order to attract attention. Larry King is "supposed" to be somewhat of a star in his own right, why dosen't he use his OWN star power in order to get this thing funded.

He has been in the business for 100+ years, and should have some of those deep-pockets on his speed dial. I wonder why he's not calling any of them. Or maybe he did, and NOBODY is interested.

Wow, great post. I fully agree with you. I rather that the first one be a small production and she is doing it because her love for acting and not to get famous. That way, she can do it for the love of the art, during summer break perhaps, don't have too much pressure and still do her study. My concern if it is a big, major production, if she does well, she will be swept away and tend to go into full time acting, just like some child star.

Again, there seems to be conflict - some worry that the project in not good enough since it does not have big budget, well know director and stars and at the same time that Paris is getting it because of the fact that she is Michael Jackson's children. But then I fully agree that they might be using Paris to attract funding for the movie which is not right.

nice post human

i hope this will turn ok, and that she has alot of fun, because that is what i want her to have fun and a great life. I mean that i think they have been hurt enough losing there one parent that means the world to them.. So if this is small than ok have fun..
maybe it will turn not ok like some of u say, but we have to wait, and in the mean time i trust paris because she is raides by michael herself so she is a beautifull smart woman and i hope she trust her instincts well

From Lipstick Alley:
Kevin Frazier from Entertainment Tonight interviewed Janet yesterday (won't air until Thursday) about some project etc...he was on Tom Joyner's morning show thins morning talking a little bit about the interview...he said he did ask Janet about Paris and the whole acting thing and she said she just wants Paris to go to school and finish high school before she thinks about being in the industry...she doesn't want her in the industry before she turns 18...Tom and his co-hosts were all like "yeah, I like that"...I just don't understand if everyone can see that maybe being in the spotlight is not the right moves for these kids at this age, why doesn't Katherine Jackson see it? I respect Mrs. Jackson, but i've said for a long time that she only listens to opinions that are in agreement with her own...and it's sad that a few of her children will look for fame even if it means having to ride the coattails of these kids

Back