Paris Jackson begins acting career - Lundon's Bridge - Summary of the book @pg42

Thanks Ingelief. You are always so kind in your post and I can sense from reading your post that you are very kind person.

Like I said earlier, I would love for her to concentrate on her studies first (I have a son the same age as Paris and a daughter the same age as Blanket, so I understand) since she has her whole lifetime to act if that is what she wants to do. But I sense that Paris is a very level headed person (although I also feel that she seems to like the spotlight) and if she is doing it because of her love for the art. But I also strongly feel that, like Prince and Blanket, she wants to do what is right for her father's legacy and the fact that the story line is something close to her father message (family, love, environment), perhaps she thinks its important for her. Like what "Ape" says, I hope she stay grounded, level headed and hopefully, this is just a one-off project (a bit concern about reading it a 5 series, if that is true). I also like the idea that 50% of the money benefits the schools (although there are fans/people who doubt whether this is true or not) which I really hope is true.

The only thing I don't like is that is that she might be use to attract interest and funding.

Anyway, since she is determined to go ahead with the project, I wish her luck and hopefully Janet (seems to be the only one with a reasonable acting experience) will give her guidance.

nice post human

i hope this will turn ok, and that she has alot of fun, because that is what i want her to have fun and a great life. I mean that i think they have been hurt enough losing there one parent that means the world to them.. So if this is small than ok have fun..
maybe it will turn not ok like some of u say, but we have to wait, and in the mean time i trust paris because she is raides by michael herself so she is a beautifull smart woman and i hope she trust her instincts well

I am not saying she shouldn't be an actress. She can be whatever she wants. Same with her brothers. I think if she waited till she was 18 it would be better. She is Michael's daughter and there are expectations that other 13 years old acting don't have on them. The way the media and people treated Michael so badly, I don't want that for her. I don't feel anyone her age should have to deal with that. I don't think it hurts to wait a little bit. Hollywood is not going anywhere. Finish school, and go from there.

hmm who ever it is he will be playing Lundon O'Malleys dad NOT Paris dad. huge difference .....

Good pick up. They're exploiting every last drop of drama out of having mj's daughter that they can. The publicity they're getting on the back of this is priceless.

It is a difficult one. I just worry that our reaction can also add to the negative she will be receiving from all of this. Since we don't make the decisions in her life (and shouldn't) and we don't have a say in her upbringing and what she should or shouldn't do (and really shouldn't as well since, as they say, too many cooks in the kitchen spoil the broth. I can't imagine trying to please MJ's legion of fans) then maybe we should be asking ourselves what can we do right now that will be the best thing for her and her brothers? Wouldn't being supportive in her decision be the best course of action right now? Maybe if we were raising her we could make those decisions and keep her safe from harm, but since we are really only observers and at most a voice that may be heard, what can we do to lessen the blow if all the negatives mentioned were to happen? I actually hope that what we have to say won't affect her because the more it does, the more it all affects her; meaning that if what we say bothers her, then what the media says will also bother her, and I hope that she just stays so strong in who she is that it doesn't matter what any of us have to say and she can be proud of herself for what she's done because she knows she worked hard at it. I hope that is how she feels no matter what the rest of the world has to say. She's a smart and strong young lady.

I'm torn to be honest. Paris does seem really strong and determined and that can only be a good thing. But she's also very vulnerable (even if she wouldn't like to think it). She's been through a hell of a lot and I don't think she fully understands the way the world works. She's 13 and that is no age at all. She didn't see what Michael was put through all his life and she maybe doesn't even appreciate just how passionate he was about keeping her and her brothers away from the spotlight, free to live a carefree childhood. How can she? It's something that only age and wisdom can teach you.

For me, I feel that Michael's wishes and everything he worked so damn hard at is slowly going down the drain. Surely, surely, as the woman he trusted the most, Katharine would be aware of how Michael felt the kids should be raised. It is so very clear to me from the 1997 Barbara Walters interview that Michael would happily support and guide them into showbiz if they wanted, but they would not be allowed to do so during their childhood. Did the tragedies that dominated his life not manifest as a result of his upbringing? Did not so much of what went sadly wrong for Michael (including the loss of his life) link back to his lost childhood?

Actions speak louder than words and Michael's actions for 12 years included protecting his children at all costs. It seems almost insulting that his own family choose to act as if he doesn't matter anymore.

On the other hand, who the hell are we to judge? Sigh. At times it feels like we're the ones that respect Michael and his wishes over those closest to him. But we weren't close to him were we? Therefore what say do we really get? At the end of the day, we just don't know for sure what Michael would have done when Prince and Paris became teenagers. There's no way they would still be in masks. They're far too mature and grown up for that to have worked. What if they had asked to go to a normal school? Would he have said no? He would still be travelling around the world wouldn't he? How would they have been able to commit to a school?

Maybe he would have been different. Maybe he had a plan for when the kids were older. Maybe he would have made similar decisions to Katharine. However, there is no way he would allow his 13 year old to spend so much time on twitter, battling haters. There is no way he would allow her to meet a total stranger (if that really did happen). He wouldn't have allowed 9 year old Blanket to make so many public appearances the way his personality is, even if Prince and Paris wanted to.

Who really knows anything anymore? I just wish Michael was here. He would have had Paris' best interests protected without a doubt.

^ maybe you should contact the Jacksons and tell them if your so passionate!

^ maybe you should contact the Jacksons and tell them if your so passionate!

Don't get snappy with me because Janet spoke against Paris' exploitation, just because you support it.

Maybe you should contact her, and explain what a great idea it is for a 13 year to be used

who said I support anything?? lol! I said what I said because you are attacking Janet

isn't it obvious that janet has spoken to Katherine but ultimately the decision lies with katherine and she seems to be a very adamant woman once she sets her eyes on something..i doubt that she took any of what janet said

sigh...

So much for having a childhood.......

Let's hope she'll be able to become successful.......but more importantly, let's hope she'll be able to cope with the added exposure and hope she'll grow up to be a happy and independent woman (and eventually move far away from her relatives)..........

BTW:- I found this website http://www.paralightfilms.com/title_lundons.html

It shows it was being made for release in 2010 (but never happened)

It also shows that it had a budget of "$31 million plus $39 million for 'Print and Advertising'"

One more question.........Who's directing this movie????

I created a separate thread for Ellen show.

sigh...

So much for having a childhood.......

Let's hope she'll be able to become successful.......but more importantly, let's hope she'll be able to cope with the added exposure and hope she'll grow up to be a happy and independent woman (and eventually move far away from her relatives)..........

BTW:- I found this website http://www.paralightfilms.com/title_lundons.html

It shows it was being made for release in 2010 (but never happened)

It also shows that it had a budget of "$31 million plus $39 million for 'Print and Advertising'"

One more question.........Who's directing this movie????

And now they claim it is about saving the planet...what a load of crap.

How convenient....

What did he do with the original $70M..? And how much of that went to the school?

LUNDON?S BRIDGE AND THE THREE KEYS
Type: Live-Action / Digital Animation
Genre: Fantasy / Adventure
Budget: $31 million plus $39 million for Prints and Advertising.
Additional: Five films based on five novels.
Story: Ancient sea-magic turns a dolphin into a human, an evil spell changes a teenage boy into a dragonfly and a once good and loving jellyfish queen becomes an evil fairy godmother. This story uses family love and the magic of belief as weapons to fight a war between the land and the sea.

^^

They never had the original $70 M. Now they hope to raise it by mentioning Paris's name.

For once Janet makes sense. It's one thing to tall the press..what is she doing about it? Did she tell her mother to stop exploiting the kids? No use of taking a public stance if you are not actively doing something about it.But I am hoping she is...
Im glad janet finally spoke up bout this and for once i agree with her. If janet has spoken with katherine bout this, i think she needs to talk with her again as this whole is going way too fast. Paris needs to be a normal teenager for now and worry bout stardom later, much later when shes at least at 18/19 yrs old

Paris-prince-michael-jackson-27645207-640-427.jpg

Creepy is an understatement. I hope Paris is accompanied by an adult at these movie meetings or whatever.

Back