Paris Jackson in favor of separating the art from the artist, including her father Michael Jackson

ozemouze;4296645 said:
You often take a righteous and know-it-all stance, and generalize people into one category, and I'm a bit tired of being scorned about things I never said or done. The fans aren't the Borg to think all alike, so it would be nice if you could differentiate between unacceptable behavior towards Paris (which is very disappointing indeed and deserves disapproval) and genuine concern/questions. Plus, I don't see how discussing a complicated topic and asking questions about it can harm anyone, I actually think the opposite: it's discouraging people from talking things over plus oversimplification that doesn't help.

And yes, I've seen the posts here that were indeed disrespectful, and I thank you for deleting them. But others don't deserve to be put in the same category because of that.

I think I was clear in my posts that I don't condemn Paris for the situation, I'm just confused and can't understand her reaction, that's why I'm asking questions. I know her explanation about "keeping your serenity", but my incomprehension isn't about that part. I never expected her to fight anyone, like I said multiple times already I'm actually quite happy if she (and her siblings) can stay out of this mess as much as possible. There seemed to be a silent agreement that Taj and Brandi (and the fans, may I add) fight LN on public platforms, while PPB are doing their things and “keep their serenity”, and it was a great solution and worked very well (and most people accepted it IMO).

I think what some of us feel now is that Paris sort of broke this status quo by publicly acknowledging Sia, and this is what’s confusing. You may say she just wanted to act kindly, and that’s fine, but why didn’t she respond to Darren Hayes’s message too then? The one she chose to interact with was a silly one-liner where her name could be replaced by anyone, while Hayes sent a heartfelt, personal message and he’s obviously genuinely interested in what The Soundflowers could offer to the public (and no, I don’t want to dictate what message she should reply to, I just don’t get it, and see it very contradictory).

And please don’t act like there’s nothing strange in liking someone’s posts who disrespects her family, including TJ, whom she acknowledged just some days ago as a father figure. BTW she liked that particular post too – obviously not because she agreed with it, most probably she only read it superficially (there was a mandatory suck-up for her at the end as a bait), as she later unliked it. So that’s how attentive she handled the case, but I guess dropping commonplaces about love&peace unquestionably makes you deep and above material things (which brings us back to square one, haha: why acknowledge a worldy flattery then?).

And one more thing: I think those had her best interest in mind in this situation who tried to warn Paris (including her own cousins, not just strangers like fans), instead of just standing by. I might be wrong with this opinion (I wish I am actually, because if the concerns are real things can get an ugly turn in the future), but it doesn’t make those intentions any less good than yours (like you don’t know Paris or where she is “on her path” ATM any better than others here either).

I bring this here from the "Jackson Discussion/Picture Thread Part II thread" not to derail that topic:

That’s all very nice and I couldn’t agree more. If only it was applied to MJ as well here.

For goodness sake, that wasn't aimed at you or everyone as a whole. It was just a general comment to the relevant people.

It's funny my posts were removed. Can't I write my honest opinion? If it would be LaToya I think it wouldn't be issue. But if it is Paris then you cannot say anything. I hate that I cannot express myself and just to criticise actions that should be criticised... And I hate that constructive criticism is taken as a hate

When your "honest opinion" is disrespectful, no. It wasn't constructive criticism, it was just ignorant and rude. Disrespecting Michael's children is against forum rules.

For goodness sake, that wasn't aimed at you or everyone as a whole. It was just a general comment to the relevant people.

And I guess my problem is exactly this generalisation instead of discussing the questions actually raised.

Here’s a constructive criticism of the discussion culture on this board in general: I think, beginning posts with phrases like “LOL” or “for goodness sake” doesn’t really help to establish a baseline of respect that’s required to tackle uncomfortable subjects within the community. I frequently see topics completely being blown out of proportion because of a lack of respect for one another.

And I guess my problem is exactly this generalisation instead of discussing the questions actually raised.

I've already stated my thoughts about this entire situation. Paris said separate the art from the artist. It's good advice. Paris isn't like the fans who have a hate list for everyone who says shit about MJ. She chooses to rise above and see the bigger picture.

When your "honest opinion" is disrespectful, no. It wasn't constructive criticism, it was just ignorant and rude. Disrespecting Michael's children is against forum rules.

I was not disrespectful by saying she shouldn't do things like she does. Like posting on a Father's Day only about Tj and allow then media make an article how she ignores her father in a post when Prince posts that MJ is a father figure for him and shows his love and respect for him on every step. She shouldn't be nice to people like Sia who supported LN when Brandi, Taj and fans are fighting against this kind of people. And saying that we should separate MJ as a performer and human give weapon for his haters same like LaToya words from 80's.

Additionally I wrote about this what Paris said, that she dated a man with a vagina:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...abriel-glenn-lgbt-women-men-a9595276.html?amp

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/paris-ja...-MtAkvWJuroJaQf3W51EtgWvVHr3rgW2Ho71ki7Z2vuE_

I really doubt that MJ who was such a gentleman and never discussed his private life would be happy to see this kind of statements from his own daughter. He was as well against using drugs but Paris uses them daily. And I think this kind of controversial articles are the last thing needed to be attached to MJ's name. Instead they just make general public to think MJ was weird so his kids are same.

And I showed Lisa Marie's example. She had difficulty dealing with a death of Elvis as well, she used some drugs but in the end she came clean and stabile and kept showing love and respect to her father in every step and takes care of his name and still is her own being and has her own music.

And I said that Prince is a great son of his father, down to the Earth, always respectful and showing love to his father and just bringing positively to Jackson last name and showing by his own actions what a great father he had. And instead of controversial headlines he focuses on helping people and is not friendly with the people who attacks his father. But compered to Paris he is not seeking fame and carrier in the show business.

ScreenOrigami;4296656 said:
Here’s a constructive criticism of the discussion culture on this board in general: I think, beginning posts with phrases like “LOL” or “for goodness sake” doesn’t really help to establish a baseline of respect that’s required to tackle uncomfortable subjects within the community. I frequently see topics completely being blown out of proportion because of a lack of respect for one another.

Staff members are not robots. We have emotions such as exasperation that will sometimes be expressed. It has nothing to do with lack of respect.

Anna;4296662 said:
Staff members are not robots. We have emotions such as exasperation that will sometimes be expressed. It has nothing to do with lack of respect.

I explicitly said that this is criticism in general, not directed at you specifically. I’m using examples from this thread to illustrate my point.

BadAlicia;4296660 said:
I was not disrespectful by saying she shouldn't do things like she does. Like posting on a Father's Day only about Tj and allow then media make an article how she ignores her father in a post when Prince posts that MJ is a father figure for him and shows his love and respect for him on every step. She shouldn't be nice to people like Sia who supported LN when Brandi, Taj and fans are fighting against this kind of people. And saying that we should separate MJ as a performer and human give weapon for his haters same like LaToya words from 80's.

Additionally I wrote about this what Paris said, that she dated a man with a vagina:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...abriel-glenn-lgbt-women-men-a9595276.html?amp

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/paris-ja...-MtAkvWJuroJaQf3W51EtgWvVHr3rgW2Ho71ki7Z2vuE_

I really doubt that MJ who was such a gentleman and never discussed his private life would be happy to see this kind of statements from his own daughter. He was as well against using drugs but Paris uses them daily. And I think this kind of controversial articles are the last thing needed to be attached to MJ's name. Instead they just make general public to think MJ was weird so his kids are same.

And I showed Lisa Marie's example. She had difficulty dealing with a death of Elvis as well, she used some drugs but in the end she came clean and stabile and kept showing love and respect to her father in every step and takes care of his name and still is her own being and has her own music.

And I said that Prince is a great son of his father, down to the Earth, always respectful and showing love to his father and just bringing positively to Jackson last name and showing by his own actions what a great father he had. And instead of controversial headlines he focuses on helping people and is not friendly with the people who attacks his father. But compered to Paris he is not seeking fame and carrier in the show business.

Do you know why Paris smokes weed? Because it helps with her depression, anxiety and PTSD. It was prescribed. I think it's hilarious that people have such a problem with a plant, yet are perfectly okay with people who drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes—two things which are actually toxic to the human body. And sorry to burst your bubble, but MJ wasn't against drugs. He smoked weed. This has been confirmed by multiple people, including Paris herself. And let's be honest, weed was probably the safest drug that MJ took. I'm not talking about recreational drugs, the ones he chose to medicate himself with.

ScreenOrigami;4296664 said:
I explicitly said that this is criticism in general, not directed at you specifically. I’m using examples from this thread to illustrate my point.

You used examples of things that I said, but sure. My point still stands.

Anna;4296667 said:
You used examples of things that I said, but sure. My point still stands.

That’s why they’re examples, as in “things that someone actually said”, and I used recent ones instead of scrolling back to wherever. It wasn't aimed at you or everyone as a whole. It was just a general comment to the relevant people.

Anna;4296652 said:

Anna;4296665 said:
Do you know why Paris smokes weed? Because it helps with her depression, anxiety and PTSD. I think it's hilarious that people have such a problem with a plant, yet are perfectly okay with people who drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes—two things which are actually toxic to the human body. And sorry to burst your bubble, but MJ wasn't against drugs. He smoked weed. This has been confirmed by multiple people, including Paris herself. And let's be honest, weed was probably the safest drug that MJ took. I'm not talking about other recreational drugs, the ones he chose to medicate himself with.

Smoking weed is only recommended for the patients in a pain while fighting cancer and serious sickness not to fight depression and I am saying this as a student of medical faculty(radiology). To fight depression there are pills for that not weed that can damage brain cells and is a drug.

Smoking cigarettes is bad for lungs but at least it is not a drug and Paris not only smokes weed but as well cigarettes.

Alcohol in a moderation is not bad, for example a glass of a red wine is sometimes recommended for a blood pressure.

And please don't compare 2 serious sickness plus 2 serious injuries of MJ to Paris's depression. Otherwise we all could easily in a bad moment of a life start using drugs because we all have difficult periods but compared to Paris if I come to work after smoking weed I could be fired and my explanation that I have depression wouldn't help to convince my employer.

And not to mention things that Paris keep saying about her sexuality when MJ when asked if he was a virgin said very shy he is gentleman. For sure he was not going to Media to say he slept with a woman with a penis and in how many relationships he has been in the age of 22. At this age he was busy becoming great artists and thinking how to help others.

I really love how Prince handles "Heal" foundation and how he made a news by giving free meals for homeless, he counties to carry on his father's mission and just brings positive energy to Jackson's last name compered to Paris who has no issue being friendly with people who supported LN and attacks her family.

For me Prince and Bigi rise above mess that media and other celebrities do not Paris who seems ok with them and giving them additional weapon by ignoring her own father on a Father's day or saying we should separate MJ performer and human.

Smoking weed is only recommended for the patients in a pain while fighting cancer and serious sickness not to fight depression and I am saying this as a student of medical faculty(radiology). To fight depression there are pills for that not weed that can damage brain cells and is a drug.

Smoking cigarettes is bad for lungs but at least it is not a drug and Paris not only smokes weed but as well cigarettes.

Alcohol in a moderation is not bad, for example a glass of a red wine is sometimes recommended for a blood pressure.

And please don't compare 2 serious sickness plus 2 serious injuries of MJ to Paris's depression. Otherwise we all could easily in a bad moment of a life start using drugs because we all have difficult periods but compared to Paris if I come to work after smoking weed I could be fired and my explanation that I have depression wouldn't help to convince my employer.

And not to mention things that Paris keep saying about her sexuality when MJ when asked if he was a virgin said very shy he is gentleman. For sure he was not going to Media to say he slept with a woman with a penis and in how many relationships he has been in the age of 22. At this age he was busy becoming great artists and thinking how to help others.

I really love how Prince handles "Heal" foundation and how he made a news by giving free meals for homeless, he counties to carry on his father's mission and just brings positive energy to Jackson's last name compered to Paris who has no issue being friendly with people who supported LN and attacks her family.

For me Prince and Bigi rise above mess that media and other celebrities do not Paris who seems ok with them and giving them additional weapon by ignoring her own father on a Father's day or saying we should separate MJ performer and human.

I have plenty of personal experience with antidepressants, they have all kinds of nasty side effects. Some of which can even kill you or lead to suicide. And they don't even work for some people. Marijuana is a recognised treatment now in many places for various mental health disorders which doctors themselves can prescribe instead of pills.
Don't act like mental illness is somehow less than physical illness. Paris tried to kill herself.

And sexuality is not something that needs to be hidden away or kept secret. This is not the 1800s.

I have plenty of personal experience with antidepressants, they have all kinds of nasty side effects. Some of which can even kill you or lead to suicide. And they don't even work for some people. Marijuana is a recognised treatment now in many places for various mental health disorders which doctors themselves can prescribe instead of pills.

And sexuality is not something that needs to be hidden away or kept secret. This is not the 1800s.

Maybe in US but I am from Europe and here people don't drug themselves so easily like in US. And still weed can damage brain cells and I know a guy who because of smoking weed had issue to graduate from school so don't tell me it is good to smoke weed not to mention side effects like slow or issue with talking, slower thinking and many many others.

I am so sorry but still talking about your sexuality and sexual life is so classless and I am sorry but it has nothing to do with being in this or previous century. Madonna used to be same as Paris and MJ couldn't stand her. And speaking just in the age of 22 in how many relationships someone has been and that this person dated a man with a vagina is for sure not classy and can be seen. And I don't understand why someone who wants to be taken seriously needs to talk about her sexual life.. Isn't it better to focus on work and keep private life private and not to bring unnecessary attention to Jackson's last name by controversial articles and interviews? MJ was trying his best to keep his life and life of his kids private and hated when in the interviews instead of being asked about his art and work was all the time asked about his sexuality or gossips, but his own daughter doesn't have issue with that, she enjoys it...

And Prince is the one that helps people and continues mission of his father and his values and shows love and respect to him on every step and brings nothing but a positive energy to Jackson's last name and is not friendly with people who supports LN or attacks his family.

And please don't tell me smoking weed is good especially in such a young age as Paris when her brain should develop:

Short-term memory problems
Severe anxiety, including fear that one is being watched or followed (paranoia)
Very strange behavior, seeing, hearing or smelling things that aren’t there, not being able to tell imagination from reality (psychosis)
Panic
Hallucinations
Loss of sense of personal identity
Lowered reaction time
Increased heart rate (risk of heart attack)
Increased risk of stroke
Problems with coordination (impairing safe driving or playing sports)
Sexual problems (for males)
Up to seven times more likely to contract sexually transmitted infections
than non-users (for females)
LONG-TERM EFFECTS
Decline in IQ (up to 8 points if prolonged use started in adolescent age)
Poor school performance and higher chance of dropping out
Impaired thinking and ability to learn and perform complex tasks
Lower life satisfaction
Addiction (about 9% of adults and 17% of people who started smoking as teens)
Potential development of opiate abuse
Relationship problems, intimate partner violence
Antisocial behavior including stealing money or lying
Financial difficulties
Increased welfare dependence
Greater chances of being unemployed or not getting good jobs.

And in my opinion smoking weed doesn't help her fix her problems just hides them and then can come back much more stronger and that time she can have serious brain damage. She needs just a therapy and privacy and less people in her life like her boyfriend who keeps her on this unhealthy truck.

Anna;4296659 said:
I've already stated my thoughts about this entire situation. Paris said separate the art from the artist. It's good advice. Paris isn't like the fans who have a hate list for everyone who says shit about MJ. She chooses to rise above and see the bigger picture.

She sees the bigger pictures so clearly she lets herself be used by others (and I know you mean spiritual things here, but I don’t think that should include contributing to hurt the feelings of your loved ones for basically nothing).

I reckon you don’t find LN as potentially disastrous as me for some reason, so let’s agree to disagree on that. But try to understand how all this looks like from the standpoint of LN having the potential to erase MJ from history for good (especially if everyone chose to just relax and let it happen). Those who promotes LN contributes to that, so it’s a euphemism they only say shit about MJ.

Plus, others are affected by this mess too. It’s nice to rise above things, but not everyone is in a position to do so unfortunately. Like Brett Barnes, who’s not even a public figure but his name is dragged through the mud by the people whom Sia supports (whom Paris likes). I’m sure he doesn’t need negativity either, so perhaps Paris could consider others’ situation and feelings too, it would nicely fit into the love & peace & serenity thing. Or others and their well-being don’t count?

And again: "like the fans". Not "some fans" (I understand it's not even intentional, but still).

Anna;4296665 said:
Do you know why Paris smokes weed? Because it helps with her depression, anxiety and PTSD. It was prescribed. I think it's hilarious that people have such a problem with a plant, yet are perfectly okay with people who drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes—two things which are actually toxic to the human body. And sorry to burst your bubble, but MJ wasn't against drugs. He smoked weed. This has been confirmed by multiple people, including Paris herself. And let's be honest, weed was probably the safest drug that MJ took. I'm not talking about recreational drugs, the ones he chose to medicate himself with.

I agree with you basically, but it’s noticeable that while you expect understanding towards Paris (rightly so), MJ in a similar position is a field day again (and yep, I see the differences too, but the similarities are more dominant in their situations). It would be nice if the same standards and compassion should be applied to MJ too.

BadAlicia;4296684 said:
And please don't tell me smoking weed is good especially in such a young age

It's clearly explained in Anna’s post that it’s prescribed to her for medical purposes.

Anna;4296677 said:
I have plenty of personal experience with antidepressants, they have all kinds of nasty side effects.

I can understand the struggle, take care. :flowers: And please don't take my disagreements personally, I really just want to discuss some topics and ready to change my views or agree to disagree after a great conversation, no hard feelings really, just curiosity.

Last edited:
Anna;4296652 said:

ozemouze;4296690 said:
She sees the bigger pictures so clearly she lets herself be used by others (and I know you mean spiritual things here, but I don’t think that should include contributing to hurt the feelings of your loved ones for basically nothing).

I reckon you don’t find LN as potentially disastrous as me for some reason, so let’s agree to disagree on that. But try to understand how all this looks like from the standpoint of LN having the potential to erase MJ from history for good (especially if everyone chose to just relax and let it happen). Those who promotes LN contributes to that, so it’s a euphemism they only say shit about MJ.

Plus, others are affected by this mess too. It’s nice to rise above things, but not everyone is in a position to do so unfortunately. Like Brett Barnes, who’s not even a public figure but his name is dragged through the mud by the people whom Sia supports (whom Paris likes). I’m sure he doesn’t need negativity either, so perhaps Paris could consider others’ situation and feelings too, it would nicely fit into the love & peace & serenity thing. Or others and their well-being don’t count?

And again: "like the fans". Not "some fans" (I understand it's not even intentional, but still).

I agree with you basically, but it’s noticeable that while you expect understanding towards Paris (rightly so), MJ in a similar position is a field day again (and yep, I see the differences too, but the similarities are more dominant in their situations). It would be nice if the same standards and compassion should be applied to MJ too.

It's clearly explained in Anna’s post that it’s described to her for medical purposes.

I can understand the struggle, take care. :flowers: And please don't take my disagreements personally, I really just want to discuss some topics and ready to change my views or agree to disagree after a great conversation, no hard feelings really, just curiosity.

Well let's peacefully disagree about weed. Maybe for me it seems different as I am from Europe and here people don't use this much medications and prescribed drugs as in US. And still for me side effects are too dangerous to take a risk of taking weed. I really think therapy and privacy is what Paris needs not weed and show business that can hurt her and use her as her father was hurt and used. It would be much more better if she tried to be more low key like Prince or Bigi than trying to be friends with even people who attacks her family and support BS gossips about her father. I really think that in Prince's case it helped he focused on education and helping others and Paris should try it as well. Sitting home and smoking weed or cigarettes won't help same as just partying or traveling and being around toxical people.

And Amy Winehouse started from weed as well and Blake was for her as for Gabriel for Paris as well. We all know how it finished... I really strongly believe couples that use even light drugs are not healthy especially as Gabriel uses it just for fun... Who knows what he can use for fun soon...

Those weed side effects are tame compared to the huge list you face with any antidepressant. Whether it's Marijuana or Prozac, there are always side effects and you are taking a risk. The risk is always weighed up against the risk of not taking it. That's why we take any medication. She was given marijuana and it works for her. That's great. I went through 5 or 6 antidepressants before I found one that didn't actually make me worse and even that one had unpleasant side effects.
Just therapy often isn't enough for a lot of people. Especially if your mental illness is severe. I had various types of therapy and I was still suicidal. A lot.

You're entitled to your opinion, but your personal feelings about Marijuana are not a reflection on Paris's character.

Those weed side effects are tame compared to the huge list you face with any antidepressant. Whether it's Marijuana or Prozac, there are always side effects and you are taking a risk. The risk is always weighed up against the risk of not taking it. That's why we take any medication. She was given marijuana and it works for her. That's great. I went through 5 or 6 antidepressants before I found one that didn't actually make me worse and even that one had unpleasant side effects.
Just therapy often isn't enough for a lot of people. Especially if your mental illness is severe. I had various types of therapy and I was still suicidal. A lot.

You're entitled to your opinion, but your personal feelings about Marijuana are not a reflection on Paris's character.

And therefore let's just peacefully disagree on this matter and see the difference between opinions from US that has big issue with people addicted to drugs and Europe where we see and treat this topics different and less people are addicted to drugs and people are healthier here in Europe than in US.

And well you cannot deny that some things that Paris says or does are really controversial and does not bring the best press to Jackson's last name...

And therefore let's just peacefully disagree on this matter and see the difference between opinions from US that has big issue with people addicted to drugs and Europe where we see and treat this topics different and less people are addicted to drugs and people are healthier here in Europe than in US.
I'm not from the US. I'm British.

ozemouze;4296690 said:

I said "the fans who". By default that excludes the fans who don't.

What are you even referring to? Is this about the letting children in his bed topic? I do have understanding for MJ. But I also have an understanding of the way society works.

You too, fam. It's all right, I don't take it personally.

BadAlicia;4296692 said:
Well let's peacefully disagree about weed. Maybe for me it seems different as I am from Europe and here people don't use this much medications and prescribed drugs as in US. And still for me side effects are too dangerous to take a risk of taking weed. I really think therapy and privacy is what Paris needs not weed and show business that can hurt her and use her as her father was hurt and used. It would be much more better if she tried to be more low key like Prince or Bigi than trying to be friends with even people who attacks her family and support BS gossips about her father. I really think that in Prince's case it helped he focused on education and helping others and Paris should try it as well. Sitting home and smoking weed or cigarettes won't help same as just partying or traveling and being around toxical people.

I'm from Europe as well. ;-) You'll find that psychiatric medications have even scarier side effects, and often therapy just isn’t enough - and to determine that is only up to professionals and their patients. Mental illnesses can be very severe and should always be taken seriously.

Prince can remain low-key at this point, as the route he chose allows him that “luxury”. Paris’s chosen path is music, which comes with even more exposure unfortunately, but it can’t be done otherwise. One thing I agree with is that she should be more cautious about the ruthlessness of the show business.

ozemouze;4296702 said:
I'm from Europe as well. ;-) You'll find that psychiatric medications have even scarier side effects, and often therapy just isn’t enough - and to determine that is only up to professionals and their patients. Mental illnesses can be very severe and should always be taken seriously.

Prince can remain low-key at this point, as the route he chose allows him that “luxury”. Paris’s chosen path is music, which comes with even more exposure unfortunately, but it can’t be done otherwise. One thing I agree with is that she should be more cautious about the ruthlessness of the show business.

Well its true mental issue topic is not easy I just have bad feelings regarding Paris and Gabriel, they give me a bit Amy Winehouse and Blake vibes especially as Gabriel does weed for fun and I am afraid whats more he can soon try for fun.

Well Lisa Marie as well makes music but she is still respectful towards her father and she never tried to be celebrity in a way Paris tries and for her mental health I really think she shouldn't try to be in show business in a way she tries and how she tries to be friends even with people who attacks her family and trash her father.
And speaking about her sexual life for sure is not what MJ would like for his baby girl. This is kind of Madonna action.

And well the newest studies are against using weed for treating mental issues :

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...for-mental-health-treatment-outweigh-benefits

"The use of cannabis medicines to treat people with depression, anxiety, psychosis or other mental health issues cannot be justified because there is little evidence that they work or are safe, according to a major new study.

A review of evidence from trials conducted over nearly 40 years, published in the journal Lancet Psychiatry, concludes that the risks outweigh the benefits. And yet, say the authors, they are being given to people with mental health problems in Australia, the US and Canada, and demand is likely to grow."

" While there is little evidence that cannabinoids can help, the authors found more evidence in “a large body of research” of the potential harms. “This research suggests that cannabis use can increase the occurrence of depression, anxiety, and psychotic symptom,” says the paper.

A well-constructed study found that smoked cannabis actually increased the risk of acute psychotic symptoms. And young adults, the age group more likely to suffer from anxiety, depression and psychosis, are more likely to become dependent if they use cannabis daily over a long period of time."

" In a comment piece in the journal, Deepak Cyril D’Souza of Yale University School of Medicine in New Haven, Connecticut, said that “in light of the paucity of evidence, the absence of good quality evidence for efficacy, and the known risk of cannabinoids, their use as treatments for psychiatric disorders cannot be justified at present.”

In modern medicine, it is normal practice to prove safety and efficacy in trials before drugs are allowed to be given out to patients."

And therefore I am worried about Paris and her well being and afraid she can be depended on prescribed drugs same as her father and we all know where it leaded him... And Gabriel for sure is not a good influence, she needs someone like MJ had Lisa Marie who was trying to fight his addiction and problems and in fact she was the one supporting him in a fight against drugs, I have a feeling that Gabriel is a "yes" person like Lisa Marie described people around MJ.

I think she has already explain where she stands with MJ so if hater takes what she is saying to be anything else, that is their stupidity. From my perspective, I do not expect anything from her. She was not born when these claims came about and she was too young for the trial. Taj and Brandi, Sig etc are in a better position to defend MJ for it to be taken serious but as long as she just stand by her dad, that is all she can do; but we can debate the facts along with Taj and others. I just hope she does not allow people to use her. Also, Sia is trash and I would not deal with anyone who said something or thought something negative about my parent even more things that are proven lies. that is PERSONAL. Disney may or may not have been anti sematic but at least he was not talking about my family member which would effect me PERSONALLY. That is the difference.

Last edited:
Greez what a wild this thread was. i'm glad i left when i did. i'm just gonna say my two cent and let this be. we all have our opinions and beliefs at the end of the day we can agree and disagree respectful. Paris is a young adult with a whole life ahead of her. we can agree and disagree what she say and does.

I think if some people don't wanna be in Paris life they don't have to. it's easy to unfollow her and move on with your life. though at the end of the day she an adult and Michael child.

anyway i'm leaving this thread. i'm not a fan of Paris and agree with everything she say and does BUT at the end the day she her own person and own thing. I just want her to know her that Michael her father was 100% innocent which I know she knows too and to be careful. it's a crazy world out there and stay safe.

Last edited:
Anna;4296701 said:
I said "the fans who". By default that excludes the fans who don't.

Oh I see, sorry then.

Anna;4296701 said:
What are you even referring to? Is this about the letting children in his bed topic? I do have understanding for MJ. But I also have an understanding of the way society works.

No, I was referring to the quoted part about mental health problems and coping with them (including drug usage). Your wording sounded understanding towards Paris but critical towards MJ about a similar situation. And like I said, I see the differences too (partly due to more limited possibilities in MJ’s case and time), but I find the similarities more dominant, so I think both deserves understanding regarding their problems/situation.

But I often feel on a more general level too that we forget (even unintentionally) that MJ was an actual human being too. I don’t find topics deliberately concentrating on negativity or criticism useful, and threads like “he shouldn’t cover his vitiligo” are quite intrusive and judgmental. I remember on the old forum it wasn’t allowed to discuss his medical condition and other private things. I know this is a different forum, the AEG trial happened since (robbing MJ from the last remains of his privacy), and that he’s not here anymore either, and FTR: I don’t want these topics closed or anything (I simply ignored them). I guess I would just appreciate if fans showed more compassion towards him, that’s all.

ozemouze;4296735 said:
Oh I see, sorry then.

No, I was referring to the quoted part about mental health problems and coping with them (including drug usage). Your wording sounded understanding towards Paris but critical towards MJ about a similar situation. And like I said, I see the differences too (partly due to more limited possibilities in MJ’s case and time), but I find the similarities more dominant, so I think both deserves understanding regarding their problems/situation.

But I often feel on a more general level too that we forget (even unintentionally) that MJ was an actual human being too. I don’t find topics deliberately concentrating on negativity or criticism useful, and threads like “he shouldn’t cover his vitiligo” are quite intrusive and judgmental. I remember on the old forum it wasn’t allowed to discuss his medical condition and other private things. I know this is a different forum, the AEG trial happened since (robbing MJ from the last remains of his privacy), and that he’s not here anymore either, and FTR: I don’t want these topics closed or anything (I simply ignored them). I guess I would just appreciate if fans showed more compassion towards him, that’s all.

Strong painkillers and propofol aren't mental health drugs, so I don't see what that has to do with me being understanding of his mental health? Those things were a lot more harmful than the weed he smoked, that's all I meant.

I don't mind criticism threads if they're done respectfully. Michael wasn't a saint after all. Like you said, he was human. Humans have many facets to them, some good some bad. You don't need to pretend like the negative things don't exist. It's all human. But threads that speculate about his health like the vitiligo or autism threads, etc., I don't like at all. But some people want to discuss those things. It is what it is. We all love Michael. That's why we're here and that's what matters at the end of the day.

ScreenOrigami;4296514 said:
This is the part I’ll never understand. If you’re a musician, wouldn’t you be dreaming of having MJ’s gigantic global fan base supporting you? I mean, seriously, any artist who shows MJ some love, and be it just a tweet, will definitely be on the list of artists whose work we’re going to check out and – if it’s any good – support by either listening to it ourselves or recommend it to someone who may like it. Such a super easy way to get one’s name out there.

It seems that as a fellow Australian, Sia genuinely believes Wade Robson's BS and hasn't bothered to do any of her own research regarding his lies. She is a damaged individual herself, with a checkered past....massive addiction problems that she has clawed back from....she wants to support Paris and her brothers from the "survivor of pain and dysfunction" standpoint. I doubt that she would show MJ any love that would surely be fake, in order to gain more fans/supporters for herself. She thinks that she being true to herself, her beliefs, her opinions and who she is; but she is misguided, mistaken, uninformed and highly problematic for Paris. I truly wish that she would "support" her in private, if she must, instead of dragging her into a twitter and instagram mess that she does not need, in her own fragile state.

In response to the thread title and the first post - NO, I do not think that Paris is applying the "separate the artist from the art" rule to her own father. Her relationship to Michael was as his CHILD and she has never seen him as an ARTIST in the first place. He was and still is her father, first and foremost. There is no separating to be done. Thoughts of her father and what he meant to her still cause her a great deal of pain. She has not dealt with his loss as well as the two boys, or so it seems from the outside looking in. She is highly sensitive and is an empath, like her Dad. Prince stated once, that Paris is exactly like Michael, except in female form. I truly believe that. What she shows to the world on social media is probably 0.0002% of herself and I don't think it's fair to judge her, based on that. It is too simplistic an approach.

Back