Paris Jackson in favor of separating the art from the artist, including her father Michael Jackson

Anyone that thinks that Paris' "separate the artist from the art" comment could have been about her father should not be allowed on the internet unsupervised.

Anyone that thinks that Paris' "separate the artist from the art" comment could have been about her father should not be allowed on the internet unsupervised.

Wow, what a mature response! I could have gone in here to degrade you in the same snide fashion but I wont!

Now, saying we can enjoy Walt Disney even though he is alleged to be anti-semitic virtually means you CAN appreciate the art of someone, even if you dont support their beliefs or something they did.

That sentiment includes Michael Jackson, no matter how you spin it. Then its possible Paris is making an exception for Michael Jackson, but the general public wont know this and can interpret her statement whichever way they want, I have already seen people suggesting Paris might think her father is guilty after all etc after seeing the tweets.

Thats just not what we need in our fight!

The main problem is that the focus should be on Sia, but thanks to her gaslighting it successfully shifted to Paris instead (unfortunately I fell for this trap too).

It started like any other case where the fanbase tries to balance the narrative by spreading information, promoting Square One etc, using the huge platform given to blue ticks. I think that’s a good and proactive step, but even if someone thinks it’s useless, hopefully we can agree that it doesn’t do any harm. This would be the end of this story, being just one case among many similar others.

It weren’t the fans who dragged Paris into this. Sia baited her with kindness and then immediately started acting in a condescending manner, as some kind of a savior for poor victim Paris. When fans tried to warn her about it, Sia gaslighted like they were bullying Paris, and she, again, the savior in a drama she instigated herself. Now, it can be argued whether fans should have interfered at all (lesson learnt from this situation: no), but those warning her definitely weren’t bullying (I know there are “fans” harassing her unfortunately, but that’s a different case).

Someone genuinely concerned about others would never publicly treat them as victims or insinuate things about them, even if truly believing that’s the case. Not to mention they would give them time to come to terms with their situation in their own pace, not persuading them into something. She could at best reach out to Paris privately (and without innuendos) with her concerns, but even that’s questionable as she’s basically just a stranger. That’s a legitimate criticism towards fans, but when Sia does the same it goes unnoticed, like it made a difference that she’s a famous person, not just MJ’s stupid fans.

And how could you support something you know basically nothing about, it’s just pretending then. It’s very cheap nowadays to “support cases” thanks to social media, all you have to do is just drop a tweet siding with a popular case/opinion, and you’ll be celebrated as woke and an activist and a good person - without doing anything, basically.

If Sia genuinely cared for R&S’s case as she pretended last year, she would have looked into it further (as that’s what someone does when truly interested in/touched by something). The fact that she obviously didn’t do that (then she would have found out by now that R&S aren’t necessarily telling the truth, and perhaps it would be better to support another, provably credible case) questions her intention and honesty to begin with.

I don't really understand her response tbh. If someone makes fun of my full family and also believes my father fondled kids I wouldn't really be liking their tweets and supporting them.

SmoothGangsta;4296805 said:
I don't really understand her response tbh. If someone makes fun of my full family and also believes my father fondled kids I wouldn't really be liking their tweets and supporting them.

This. And also, while I’m not a fan of cancel culture, there’s an almost infinite amount of great art out there, so I don’t really see the point in supporting an artist who talks crap about people I care about.

Separate art from the artist would also apply to Michael if other people have a problem with Michael, but that has nothing to do with Paris herself thinking MJ was guilty. That's ridiculous. Paris isn't responsible for how other people perceive or twist what she says and it's not her duty to mollycoddle her father's fans every five minutes. She loves MJ but she is her own person. I'm surprised she hasn't lost the plot by now with the constant poking and complaining from so many fans on social media.

Anna;4296813 said:
Paris isn't responsible for how other people perceive or twist what she says and it's not her duty to mollycoddle her father's fans every five minutes. She loves MJ but she is her own person.

It’s all true in general, only totally irrelevant to what happened. Why keep repeating self-evident things, when no one questioned them to begin with (a marginal number of entitled “fans” doing that doesn’t justify putting the whole fan community in the same category and using strawman arguments). And hurray, the focus is on Paris, again, and the whole case will go down in history as a “Paris vs fans” one, despite not being that at all.

Hopefully Paris will understand one day that if there’s an interest for her music in the fan community it isn’t because of her father, but genuine (otherwise people, even though sympathetic towards her as a person, just won’t care about her work), and that “fans” who harass her don’t represent the majority of the fandom.

ozemouze;4296829 said:
It’s all true in general, only totally irrelevant to what happened. Why keep repeating self-evident things, when no one questioned them to begin with (a marginal number of entitled “fans” doing that doesn’t justify putting the whole fan community in the same category and using strawman arguments). And hurray, the focus is on Paris, again, and the whole case will go down in history as a “Paris vs fans” one, despite not being that at all.

Hopefully Paris will understand one day that if there’s an interest for her music in the fan community it isn’t because of her father, but genuine (otherwise people, even though sympathetic towards her as a person, just won’t care about her work), and that “fans” who harass her don’t represent the majority of the fandom.

"Self-evident". Well apparently not, or this thread wouldn't exist! I think it's gross. I don't know what your problem is, but just leave me alone.

My interpretation of Paris' response re: 'separate the art from the artist' was in acknowledgment that while Sia may have negative views of her father, she can still appreciate her art, hence her favourable reply? Wishful thinking? I dunno..

It's evident that she replied with no prior knowledge that Sia had publicly admonished her father, but it was too late retract her statements when it become apparent that this wasn't fabricated. Instead, she's taken the moral high ground, and approached it in the most adult way.

It must be hard to have avid MJ fans constantly moderate your interactions with other people. Its unreasonable to expect her to know of every single person that has said something distasteful about her father. MJ isn't her obesssion like he is ours. Her relationship with MJ is totally different. Fans are normally well intended however they don't help themselves when they go in so aggressively. It's exactly why we have a poor reputation and not taken seriously. There's probably a degree of defiance on her side that she won't allow fans to police who she can interact with! She's not our pawn in this complex
process.

Paris has plain and simple responded to a compliment in good faith. Had she known what she knows now - maybe she wouldn't have afforded her a response. Who knows? I do think that Sia has some audacity though - esp with her later responses.

And if the real meaning behind her response was a nod that she feels there's some credibility to the allegations, as devestating as it will be, there's nothing we can do about it sadly.

I don’t agree with the OP post, but it wasn’t disrespectful or commanding towards Paris or questioning her right to be her own person at all (and Lightbringer shouldn’t get insulted for it). And we all managed to disagree in a civilized manner in the beginning of this thread.

Sorry for thinking people contribute to a discussion board in order to change POVs and engage in conversations, not just proclaiming things which should then be left alone.

ozemouze;4296884 said:
I don’t agree with the OP post, but it wasn’t disrespectful or commanding towards Paris or questioning her right to be her own person at all (and Lightbringer shouldn’t get insulted for it). And we all managed to disagree in a civilized manner in the beginning of this thread.

Sorry for thinking people contribute to a discussion board in order to change POVs and engage in conversations, not just proclaiming things which should then be left alone.

Just couldn't resist, eh?

Let's refresh: "You often take a righteous and know-it-all stance". Wow, yes, that was very civil of you. That was definitely a very nice and necessary thing to say to someone you disagree with.

I'm allowed to say if I think a thread is horrible or not. Just like the hoax thread and the autism thread. I'm not insulting the person who posted it.

When your "honest opinion" is disrespectful, no. It wasn't constructive criticism, it was just ignorant and rude. Disrespecting Michael's children is against forum rules.

My interpretation of Paris' response re: 'separate the art from the artist' was in acknowledgment that while Sia may have negative views of her father, she can still appreciate her art, hence her favourable reply? Wishful thinking? I dunno..

It's evident that she replied with no prior knowledge that Sia had publicly admonished her father, but it was too late retract her statements when it become apparent that this wasn't fabricated. Instead, she's taken the moral high ground, and approached it in the most adult way.

It must be hard to have avid MJ fans constantly moderate your interactions with other people. Its unreasonable to expect her to know of every single person that has said something distasteful about her father. MJ isn't her obesssion like he is ours. Her relationship with MJ is totally different. Fans are normally well intended however they don't help themselves when they go in so aggressively. It's exactly why we have a poor reputation and not taken seriously. There's probably a degree of defiance on her side that she won't allow fans to police who she can interact with! She's not our pawn in this complex
process.

Paris has plain and simple responded to a compliment in good faith. Had she known what she knows now - maybe she wouldn't have afforded her a response. Who knows? I do think that Sia has some audacity though - esp with her later responses.

And if the real meaning behind her response was a nod that she feels there's some credibility to the allegations, as devestating as it will be, there's nothing we can do about it sadly.

I am so sorry but if someone would support people who say my dad was a pedophile I wouldn't even bother to contact such people not to mention being friendly to them.

For my personal experience I am in a mixed couple, my husband is Afghan and Muslim my Polish family didn't accept us in the beginning so I was staying far from them and my cousin was supposed to get married and I was supposed to be invited alone so I rejected to come to the wedding. In the time my family didn't accept us I stopped any contact and was not coming back home.

Therefore I really don't understand Paris and I just think that she does it for fame and just for her carrier. As she uses her father name. Like in the story that her dad knew when she was just 8 that she is not straight. Bringing her father brings her attention. Simply.

I don't know but I have my pride and I would never act like Paris if it would be about my beloved ones.

Yeah I saw these tweets too and Brett Barnes replied to it as well. He said he could never do something like this, but more power to her, which means Paris. Some fans said Paris is "killing Sia with kindness" here.

I also read a long list of tweets by Paris where she explained why she can't get worked up about things anymore, how she's "zen" these days etc. But I can't deny that I wish she would go against these assholes. She used to be like a rebel in some tweets years ago, go against people that did her or MJ wrong. But she has changed when it comes to that.

Better? Worse? I have no idea, what matters is how it feels for Paris herself. I have no doubts at all tjat she KNOWS MJ was 100% innocent.

Yeah I saw these tweets too and Brett Barnes replied to it as well. He said he could never do something like this, but more power to her, which means Paris. Some fans said Paris is "killing Sia with kindness" here.

I also read a long list of tweets by Paris where she explained why she can't get worked up about things anymore, how she's "zen" these days etc. But I can't deny that I wish she would go against these assholes. She used to be like a rebel in some tweets years ago, go against people that did her or MJ wrong. But she has changed when it comes to that.

Better? Worse? I have no idea, what matters is how it feels for Paris herself. I have no doubts at all tjat she KNOWS MJ was 100% innocent.
And sometimes, it is good to just be quiet. She does not have to response to everything & everyone one. I am now to the point, I like it when she is quiet.

And sometimes, it is good to just be quiet. She does not have to response to everything & everyone one. I am now to the point, I like it when she is quiet.

Absolutely. It's her right.

But personally I just don't like that she was giving props to a total idiot that shat on her father. Paris likes her music, just give a like to a comment of hers than but to start talking all friendly to Sia? I don't get that. But we're all different.

looking back at this. sia is full of it. look what she doing now. i pray for Paris. hollyweird is full of it.

Back