Paul McCartney!!!

Love love love Paul McCartney. My favorite albums are Back To The Egg, Ram and McCartney II.

Like John Lennon, he has remastered album reissues coming out soon that I really want to pick up.

381116_10151221373586694_743829820_n.jpg

Rare Concert Features McCartney with Diana Krall and Other Top-Flight Musicians Performing Standards from McCartney’s Acclaimed Album Kisses on the Bottom and Exclusive Behind-The-Scenes Interviews
Paul McCartney’s Live Kisses captures the magical night of February 9 in the City of Angels – coincidentally, the 48th anniversary of The Beatles’ U.S. TV debut on The Ed Sullivan Show no less –when Paul McCartney decided to bring Kisses On The Bottom, his newly released collection of pop standards and two originals, to life at the very same Capitol Studios where much of the album was created.
The very special event will air on Great Performances, Friday, September 7 at 9 p.m. on PBS. (Check local listings.)
A few hours after the long awaited addition of McCartney’s star to the Hollywood Walk of Fame drew a traffic-stopping throng to pack the stretch of Vine Street in front of the famed Capitol Records building, McCartney took his place behind the same microphone that had captured so many of the most magical voices of the past several decades, while the core team that backed McCartney on his debut turn on Kisses, prepared to reprise their roles in this one-time-only concert event. McCartney and the assembled musicians had never performed this material live adding to the evening’s electricity.
The reunited all-star entourage included Grammy-winning producer Tommy LiPuma and Al Schmitt in the control room, musical director Diana Krall at the piano, and Kisses players John Clayton, Karriem Riggins, John Pizzarelli, Anthony Wilson, Mike Mainieri and conductor Alan Broadbent.
McCartney eschewed his usual tools of bass, guitar and piano to focus solely on his vocal interpretations of this material. In exclusive interview segments with Paul and Kisses On The Bottom collaborators Eric Clapton, Stevie Wonder, Krall and LiPuma, among others, Live Kisses offers new insight into the conception and creation of the Kisses… album, the McCartney family gatherings that introduced a young Paul to much of the material, the Fats Waller line from Live Kisses opener “I’m Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter” that gave Kisses On The Bottom its title, and more.
Live Kisses’ highlights include ”Home,” “More I Cannot Wish You,” “Always,” “Bye Bye Blackbird” and McCartney harmonizing with his longtime live drummer Abe Laboriel Jr. on “I’m Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter,” “The Glory of Love” and “Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive.” There are spontaneous moments such as a flubbed first take on “My Very Good Friend the Milkman.” Paul’s rendition of his new composition “My Valentine” receives acoustic guitar punctuation courtesy of Joe Walsh (who contributes another outstanding turn in a completely different mood on “Get Yourself Another Fool”).
For 50 years, THIRTEEN has been making the most of the rich resources and passionate people of New York and the world, reaching millions of people with on-air and online programming that celebrates arts and culture, offers insightful commentary on the news of the day, explores the worlds of science and nature, and invites students of all ages to have fun while learning.
Paul McCartney’s Live Kisses is directed by Jonas Åkerlund, and Paul McCartney is executive producer. For Great Performances, Bill O’Donnell is series producer, and David Horn is executive producer.

http://www.thirteen.org/13pressroom/press-release/great-performances-paul-mccartney-live-kisses/

Paul McCartney Awarded French Legion of Honour

paul-600x399.jpg

PARIS (Reuters) - Former Beatle Paul McCartney received France's highest public distinction for his contribution to music on Saturday when President Francois Hollande made him an officer of the Legion of Honour in a short ceremony at the presidential palace.

Shortly after the private ceremony during which Hollande joked with McCartney he had preferred the Rolling Stones to the Beatles, the British rock star gave a thumbs up and tweeted his thanks to France.

Created by Napoleon Bonaparte in 1802, the Legion of Honour has three grades - chevalier, officer and commander. It carries social status but no money, and recipients have to buy their own medal from a licensed jeweler, with prices ranging from 169 to 700 euros ($210 to $880) for the highest rank.

McCartney, 70, one of the most influential songwriters in the history of popular music, follows in the footsteps of U.S. actors Clint Eastwood and Robert De Niro, and singers Liza Minnelli and Lenny Kravtiz, who have also been decorated with the Legion of Honour.

The musician has already been awarded a knighthood by Britain's Queen Elizabeth. He recently performed in front of the queen and tens of thousands of spectators at the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games.

He first rose to international fame with The Beatles, co-authoring songs such as "Yesterday", "A Hard Day's Night", "Hey Jude", "Let it be" alongside bandmate John Lennon.

He then went on to forge a solo career and formed the band Wings with his first wife Linda. He and Ringo Starr are the only surviving members of the Beatles following the deaths of Lennon and George Harrison.

(Reporting By John Irish; Editing by Sophie Hares)

Copyright © 2012, Reuters

http://blog.chron.com/celebritybuzz/2012/09/paul-mccartney-awarded-french-legion-of-honor/
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/paul-mccartney-awarded-french-legion-of-honour-20120908
http://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...e-mccartneybre8870aw-20120908,0,7865401.story

Im curious... did MJ ever receive such an award?

kinda weird that the artist has to, in effect, buy his own reward. but..it's nice for the status..but still a reminder, that artists and what they produce are treated a little less important, while they're alive, than is the weight of the fact, that, what they produce is something all of us can't live without.

[h=1]
Paul-McCartney-Concord-Music-Group.jpg
[/h] OUT OCTOBER 2nd

Exclusive Bonus Features to Include 2015 Remixes of 'Say Say Say' and Entire Tug of War Album, Previously Unreleased Tracks & Demos, Never Before Seen Video Footage

PRE-ORDER NOW BY CLICKING HERE!
MPL and the Concord Music Group are proud to announce two more landmark installments in the multiple GRAMMY-winning Paul McCartney Archive Collection. On 2nd October, 2015, Paul’s early ‘80s back-to-back classics Tug of War and Pipes of Peace will receive lavish multiple configuration reissue treatment including exclusive 2015 remixes of both the entire Tug of War album and the Pipes of Peace classic collaboration with Michael Jackson 'Say Say Say,' a treasure trove of previously unreleased tracks and never before seen video, and much more.
Released in 1982, Tug of War was Paul’s first album following the break-up of Wings and his third solo LP overall. Hailed upon its release as “exquisitely crafted” by The New York Times and a “masterpiece” by Rolling Stone, Tug of War went to #1 in no less than nine countries. Tug of War yielded such classic tracks as Paul’s #1 duet with Stevie Wonder 'Ebony and Ivory,' the top 10 single 'Take It Away,' and of course 'Here Today,' the conversation Paul never had with the late John Lennon that remains a staple of Paul’s live set to this day. Pipes of Peace, Paul’s fourth solo album, followed in 1983 and continued Paul’s early '80s run of platinum records. Singles from Pipes of Peace included the title track and of course Paul and Michael Jackson’s timeless 'Say Say Say,' a multi-format global chart-topping smash continually cited as a landmark of that or any year--as recently as 2007, Vibe magazine rated 'Say Say Say' as one of the greatest duets of all time.

As with the GRAMMY-winning Band on the Run and Wings Over America Archive editions, Paul personally supervised all aspects of these releases and their various formats, which include:

Tug of War will be issued as a 2-CD Special Edition comprised of the 2015 remix of the entire album, plus a second disc of bonus audio featuring eight previously unreleased demos of both album tracks and outtakes 'Stop, You Don’t Know Where She Came From' and 'Something That Didn’t Happen,' as well as demo and solo versions of 'Ebony and Ivory' and more. The Tug Of War 3-CD/1-DVD Deluxe Edition adds the original 1982 album mix and a DVD featuring original music videos for the album’s singles and the brand new 18-minute documentary 'Fly TIA—Behind The Scenes on Take It Away' featuring previously unseen archival footage. In keeping with the award-winning Paul McCartney Archive Collection standards, the Tug of War Deluxe Edition will include a 112-page essay book and 64-page scrapbook, while the strictly limited run of 1000 Super Deluxe sets will arrive in a limited edition acrylic slipcase with five hand numbered prints of images from the Linda McCartney archive.

The Pipes of Peace 2-CD Special Edition is made up of the original album plus a 9-track bonus disc with such exclusive gems as a 2015 remix of 'Say Say Say' by Spike Stent, unearthed demos of three album tracks and outtakes 'It’s Not On' and 'Simple As That,' the previously unreleased 'Christian Bop' and more. The 2-CD/1-DVD Pipes of Peace Deluxe Edition features a bonus video disc comprised of the original promo clips for all three of the album’s singles, plus previously unreleased clips from Paul’s film archives. The Deluxe configuration will also include a 112-page essay book and 64-page book that takes the reader behind the scenes on the 'Pipes of Peace' title track video shoot.

Both albums and their companion bonus audio discs will also be released as 2-LP 180-gram audiophile vinyl editions complete with gatefold sleeves and download cards. The newly remixed and mastered Tug of War and remastered Pipes of Peace will also receive standard and Hi Res digital releases, as well deluxe digital and Hi Res releases featuring all bonus audio.

Tug of War and Pipes of Peace are the newest installments in the acclaimed and ongoing Paul McCartney Archive Collection. The inaugural release in the series, the Deluxe Edition of Paul McCartney and Wings’ 1973 milestone Band on the Run, won the 2010 GRAMMY Award for Best Historical Album, while the Deluxe Edition Box Set of the 1976 classic live collection Wings Over America took the 2013 GRAMMY for Best Boxed or Special Limited Edition Package. Previous releases in this ambitious reissue program encompassing 41 years of timeless material from the most successful songwriter and recording artist of all time include solo works McCartney and McCartney II, Paul and Linda McCartney’s RAM, and Wings’ Venus and Mars and At The Speed Of Sound.
[video=youtube;fRQHWEhvQiU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRQHWEhvQiU[/video]
[video=youtube;e5A2qlWORNM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5A2qlWORNM[/video]

Tug of War Bonus Audio
1. Stop, You Don't Know Where She Came From [Demo] (previously unreleased)
2. Wanderlust [Demo] (previously unreleased)
3. Ballroom Dancing [Demo] (previously unreleased)
4. Take It Away [Demo] (previously unreleased)
5. The Pound Is Sinking [Demo] (2015 Remaster)
6. Something That Didn't Happen [Demo] (previously unreleased)
7. Ebony and Ivory [Demo] (previously unreleased)
8. Dress Me Up As a Robber/Robber Riff [Demo] (previously unreleased)
9. Ebony and Ivory [Solo Version] (B-side of Ebony and Ivory 12” single)
10. Rainclouds (B-side of Ebony and Ivory 7” single)
11. I'll Give You a Ring (B-side of Take It Away single)
Tug of War Bonus Film
1. Tug of War Music Video (Version 1)
2. Tug of War Music Video (Version 2)
3. Take It Away Music Video
4. Ebony and Ivory Music Video
5. Fly TIA - Behind The Scenes on Take It Away
Pipes of Peace Bonus Audio
1. Average Person [Demo] (previously unreleased)
2. Keep Under Cover [Demo] (previously unreleased)
3. Sweetest Little Show [Demo] (previously unreleased)
4. It’s Not On [Demo] (previously unreleased)
5. Simple As That [Demo] (previously unreleased)
6. Say Say Say [2015 Remix] (previously unreleased)
7. Ode to a Koala Bear (B-side of "Say Say Say" single)
8. Twice in a Lifetime (bonus track from 1993)
9. Christian Bop (previously unreleased)
Pipes of Peace DVD
1. Pipes of Peace Music Video
2. So Bad Music Video
3. Say Say Say Music Video
4. Hey Hey in Montserrat (previously unreleased home movie footage)
5. Behind the Scenes at AIR Studios (previously unreleased 6 min edit)
6. The Man (previously unreleased home movie footage)

Paul McCartney, great artist, like forgetting the concert last year at the Movistar Arena in Chile, totally amazing, I get excited just remember, after hearing his discography, I prefer from Flowers In The Dirt until the album New, others I don't listen more, and as for the Wings Band, my favorites album would be Band On The Run and Wings Over America

I love him too. Unfortunately, (Regrettably?) in Japan, many people take him for an old woman. I feel sad...

I sang his Yesterday so many times, because it had appeared in my school book many years ago.

By Jon Blistein May 24, 2016

p03w0ggj.jpg

Paul McCartney recalled his heavy drinking and depression after the Beatles broke up in 1970 during a candid interview on BBC Radio 4's Mastertapes.

"I was depressed at the time," McCartney said, before paraphrasing Lesley Gore's "It's My Party": "'You would be too if it happened to you.' You were breaking from your lifelong friends. We used to liken it to the army where you'd been army buddies for a few years, and now you weren't going to see them again."

McCartney then referenced another song — the barbershop standard, "Wedding Bells Are Breaking Up That Old Gang of Mine" — and said the Beatles' split came somewhat naturally, as the four members grew up, got married and moved away from each other. But the break-up still left McCartney uncertain about his future in music.

"The thing was, how are you gonna do it if you're gonna do it?" McCartney said. "You can't play all the instruments yourself onstage. And I took to the bevvies, I took to a wee dram, and it was great at first and then after a while getting up in the morning, I was a bit far gone and suddenly I wasn't having a good time."

McCartney said it was his wife Linda who convinced him to start a new project. "For some mad reason I wanted to go back to square one and do it as we'd done it in the Beatles. People said, 'Linda can't play keyboards!' And it was true, but John [Lennon] couldn't play guitar when we started — he was playing banjo chords … Looking back on it I'm really glad we did it. I could've just gone into a supergroup and rung up Eric [Clapton] and Jimmy Page, John Bonham, but I wanted to go back. We ended up playing universities and graduated to town halls, and it was funny because I'd been in Shea Stadium quite recently. You had to hold your nerve, but then you do in life."

In the Mastertapes interview, McCartney spoke about Kanye West's 2015 hit "All Day," which recycled an unused Beatles melody originally inspired by Pablo Picasso's painting, Man With a Guitar. While McCartney said the explicit lyrics of "All Day" troubled some close to him, he called it "a great record, sonically it's brilliant," and added: "I love Kanye, and he loves me. He's a monster, he's a crazy guy who comes up with great stuff, so he inspires me."

Wonderful Christmastime (2016 A Cappella)

Jimmy Fallon, The Roots, Paul McCartney, Matthew McConaughey, Reese Witherspoon, Scarlett Johansson, Seth MacFarlane, Tori Kelly

I don't care for his solo music at all (with very few exceptions), but my mom recently turned me on to this track:

Sir Paul McCartney and his wife Nancy Shevell; the two are worth an estimated £780 million, an increase of £20 million following a successful McCartney greatest hits release and touring schedule. While on the road last year, OfficialCharts.com crowned Paul with a special Record Breaker award for being the most successful UK albums act of all time.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kY-jjsgoDgk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

^^ 22 #1 albums and the Most Weeks at #1 on the Albums Chart of any artist?? LEGEND :clap:

Last edited:
^^ 22 #1 albums and the Most Weeks at #1 on the Albums Chart of any artist?? LEGEND :clap:

At least its not fair to count all his albums he has ever recorded or sung on, because his solo career and the Wings are completely different pro.area.
Having No.1 album means nothing.
His solo career is WEAK, almost invisible.
He is only one of the BEATLES.

BTW, the number of the No1s albums... 22.... that says it all.... that NOBODY (maybe except his hardcore fans) can name HIS solo songs, except the most known from the Beatles, and those with MJ..., no title of any of his albums, NO HIT SONG..., so... having 22 NO1s albums MEANS NOTHING.

Last edited:

having 22 NO1s albums MEANS NOTHING.
Odd comments from someone posting on a Michael Jackson site. I would guess that if it was Mike that got this award instead of Paul, you would be bragging about it, not saying it means nothing or that his solo career was weak. Anyway it's music, not a game or sports where there's a winner/loser going by who has the most points. Music isn't a competition like that. The #1 stuff and who sold the most records is just statistics, it has nothing to do with the music itself.

Re: #1

At least its not fair to count all his albums he has ever recorded or sung on, because his solo career and the Wings are completely different pro.area.
His solo career is WEAK, almost invisible.
He is only one of the BEATLES.

BTW, the number of the No1s albums... 22.... that says it all.... that NOBODY (maybe except his hardcore fans) can name HIS solo songs, except the most known from the Beatles, and those with MJ..., no title of any of his albums, NO HIT SONG..., so... having 22 NO1s albums MEANS NOTHING.

Jesus, why are you so salty :lol: DuranDuran is right, if this was MJ, you'd be bragging about this statistic to the high heavens and back.

Yes, Paul's career post-Beatles isn't as big as it was with The Beatles... but whose is? Almost no other artist has been able to get near what The Beatles accomplished, nevermind in the amount of time they did. It's only understandable it's going to overshadow a lot of his more recent work, in a similar fashion to how Michael's 80's work essentially overshadows everything else in the public eye. In fact, speaking of Michael, we all know that just because someone's earlier work overshadows their later material doesn't always mean anything in regards to it's quality.

I've explored a lot of Paul McCartney's solo catalogue (not all) and he has a lot of fantastic songs - I have over 50 something songs in a playlist of his solo material alone. If you take the time to explore his music, you'll find that yes there's fluff, but there's also a lot of good material in there, that he's not afraid to get rather experimental, that he's constantly and consistently open to trying new stuff.

"Having 22 #1 albums MEANS NOTHING"

7UsiEPQ.gif

Odd comments from someone posting on a Michael Jackson site. I would guess that if it was Mike that got this award instead of Paul, you would be bragging about it, not saying it means nothing or that his solo career was weak. Anyway it's music, not a game or sports where there's a winner/loser going by who has the most points. Music isn't a competition like that. The #1 stuff and who sold the most records is just statistics, it has nothing to do with the music itself.

Preeeetttyyyyy much.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PiratesLife?src=hash">#PiratesLife</a> <a href="https://t.co/9GXS5QB931">pic.twitter.com/9GXS5QB931</a></p>&mdash; Paul McCartney (@PaulMcCartney) <a href="https://twitter.com/PaulMcCartney/status/863455385440727041">May 13, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WIRED: Paul McCartney Answers the Web's Most Searched Questions (September 2018)

Back