People sing They Don't Care About Us at US protest

Joe Vogel retweetete
Mediaite @Mediaite · 28. Apr.

Moonwalk for Peace: Meet the Man Who Wants to Save Baltimore with Power of Michael Jackson http://bit.ly/1Jyja8w
CDsrvj7WEAEKF5U.jpg:large

I hope, thanks to this guy, that at least 1 song of MJ is going to make it on the Billboard Hot 100 chart next week :)

It is great that MJ and his songs are used to fight for injustice like the way John Lennon music was used advocating for peace. Such a great legacy:clapping:

Last edited:
Artists Pay Tribute to #BlackLivesMatter With Powerful “TDCAU/Call Me Sister” Mashup

...San Diego band, Danielle LoPresti & The Masses released a new video last week from their moving performance at San Diego IndieFest 9, this past March 28, 2015. The performance took place at Officer Jeremy Henwood Memorial Park, directly facing the front doors of the Mid-City Police Station in the City Heights neighborhood of San Diego.

LoPresti, joined by Minneapolis out singing phenom, Cameron Wright, and several guest performers from the IndieFest 9 lineup (including The Brothers Burns, Kendrick Dial, and Gill Sotu), petitioned the San Diego Police Department to be the leaders in the fight against police brutality and racial profiling, in a powerful mashup of LoPresti’s original, “Call Me Sister,” and Michael Jackson’s iconic anthem, “They Don’t Care About Us.”

[video=youtube;SiP3TgYZUUw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiP3TgYZUUw[/video]

Paris78;4089573 said:
Artists Pay Tribute to #BlackLivesMatter With Powerful “TDCAU/Call Me Sister” Mashup

...San Diego band, Danielle LoPresti & The Masses released a new video last week from their moving performance at San Diego IndieFest 9, this past March 28, 2015. The performance took place at Officer Jeremy Henwood Memorial Park, directly facing the front doors of the Mid-City Police Station in the City Heights neighborhood of San Diego.

LoPresti, joined by Minneapolis out singing phenom, Cameron Wright, and several guest performers from the IndieFest 9 lineup (including The Brothers Burns, Kendrick Dial, and Gill Sotu), petitioned the San Diego Police Department to be the leaders in the fight against police brutality and racial profiling, in a powerful mashup of LoPresti’s original, “Call Me Sister,” and Michael Jackson’s iconic anthem, “They Don’t Care About Us.”

[video=youtube;SiP3TgYZUUw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiP3TgYZUUw[/video]

So nice to see ppl are recognizing this powerful, amazing song and its lyrics. And this came from an album (HIStory) that the critics pretty much panned. :scratch:

Very powerful! Someday HIStory, I think, will be among his most recognized and most respected albums. The critics were only able to delay it but not stop or prevent it.

Last edited:
Very powerful! Someday HIStory, I think, will be his will be among his most recognized and most respected albums. The critics were only able to delay it but not stop or prevent it.

I think so too. I think his post Bad albums will get the recognition they deserve eventually. I think it's already happening. HIStory is one of those albums that can grow from the public any time despite of the media and critics' attempt to downplay it.

I'd love to see his later albums charting higher, especially HIStory. For me, It would show that people are really beginning to hear what he was saying.

I'd love to see his later albums charting higher, especially HIStory. For me, It would show that people are really beginning to hear what he was saying.

Well, not the album but TDCAU is one of his most popular songs on both Spotify and YouTube.

TDCAU Flashmob in the Streets of Toronto

Flashmob to TDCAU in Toronto on Sept. 26 Take Back The Night, Black Lives Matter

Awesome!

Re: TDCAU Flashmob in the Streets of Toronto

Thanks for sharing SarahJ ;)

This is for once POSITIVE news :blush:

See, Michael's music leaves a MARK still to this day!

There are other clips as well, but wasn't sure how to post them. It's great how his song is being used the way it is and the impact it still has to this day.

Questlove Gomez ?@questlove

Admit it. 21 yrs ago you was like "psssh---this ain't no Billie Jean" https://youtu.be/QNJL6nfu__Q now this might be his most spot on song

Prince Jackson ?@princemjjjaxon July 7th
Something must be done. ??????#AllLivesMatter #ManintheMirror

Last edited:
Well, it was great 21 years ago as well. The US only slept on it.

Dont be using mike now when you wouldnt listen to him when he was here you were all to busy watching the "show".

Paris78;4155693 said:
Protestors singing Michael Jackson's “They Don't Care About Us” in Central London today.

https://twitter.com/MJJLegion/status/751596873832693760

10hvzab.gif

Thank you, Paris! So great! I am so proud of Michael!!!!! By the way, I remember well, that it was also such an important song from the first! day of its release - when the HIStory-album was released, it was summertime, the cars had open windows and very often especially from those cars and also from wideopened windows of houses the song was heard as well as on partys........ Imagine! in Germany! Paris, do you remember?:)

One of my favorite songs, when i heard the news about america here in the UK, my first thought was this song! its a shame 21 years since its release there is still so much racism in the world

Back