People who just lie, for the sake of it. Or for their own amusement.

L.T.D

Proud Member
I posted a thread a few weeks ago about how I was losing faith in the human race. That faith was ALMOST restored recently, but ended up making me lose faith even more.

So, this may sound stupid.....but I have been after this hat for MONTHS. Its a specific beanie hat which is woolen and dark grey. You wont find another one like it. I've been searching for it for months but they dont sell it anymore anywhere and I havent had any luck finding it second hand. After months of searching I found someone who has this hat. It is called the G-Star Space Nomads Beanie Hat btw. This is the hat :

2464dwy.jpg

I contacted him on some fashion site asking him if he would be willing to sell it. To which he first said no, because he loves it so much. Next minute he replied again changing his mind and he said he would send it to me FOR FREE as a gift! So obviously I was over the moon! I kept asking him if he was joking and he kept saying he was serious then added me on Facebook.

So then I had been speaking to him on Facebook and he was saying he was busy and hadnt been able to post the hat to me yet....this went on for a good 2 or 3 weeks of him telling me he was pretty busy and hadnt got round to doing it yet. He was really convincing and went into great detail explaining what he was busy doing.

Then one day he told me he had posted it that morning and I would have it within a week (this was on Friday) so I was obviously really excited and if he was telling the truth it would still be a good 3 days until the hat got here.

I logged onto Facebook this morning to see that he had basically dissappeared from my friend list, and I tried to go on his profile and it said something like 'The page you requested was not found You may have clicked an expired link or mistyped the address. Some web addresses are case sensitive.'

So i'm assuming he has blocked me and the lie has ended.

Why would someone do this? :( I offered him money for it and he turned it down then said he would give it me for free as a gift, he carried this lie on for weeks.......'i'm going to post the hat in the middle of next week, im so busy atm!'

I mean, what kind of pleasure does he get out of doing all this and then blocking me? He didnt even get to see my reaction to the fact that I had been lead along to believe all this.

It might seem a little stupid over a hat, but i'm just massively dissapointed as I have really wanted it for a long time now. I was planning on putting it away when it got here and not opening it till Christmas.

I cant believe someone would just do this.... I guess im still holding out hope that there is just something wrong with his profile rather than that he has blocked me. But what seems more likely? -__-

Its just hard to believe that someone would lie for that long for no reason :S Just to upset someone he doesnt even know? :S

perhaps he didnt want to be rude and say no your not getting it :yes:what is so special about this hat anyway ? :lol:

perhaps he didnt want to be rude and say no your not getting it :yes:what is so special about this hat anyway ? :lol:

He had already told me he loved it and didnt want to sell it to me.

So I just left it, then he sent me another message telling me he would give it to me for free......

Its a magical hat, it changes colour to match whatever you're wearing. Not really obviously, but I have just wanted it for quite a long time.

at least he didn't charge you for the hat! that's a good thing!

you will find a better hat, I am sure! don't get upset :)

Well....it turns out that he was having me on.

He started telling me that he only told me he didnt have the hat because he was trying to find it for me. I had a big arguement with him and said the most horrible things.

Then....the hat arrived in the post :| hahaha I am so happy right now.......you wouldnt believe it.

wow, so he turned out to be a decent guy after all! I hope you apologized ;)

congrats on getting the hat! post a photo lol

wow, so he turned out to be a decent guy after all! I hope you apologized ;)

congrats on getting the hat! post a photo lol

The guy is a genius. He asked the post office what day it would arrive here, then blocked me on Facebook on the morning. So it looked like he had just lied for weeks and then scooted off......

I said some pretty bad things, then it arrived in the post. I apologized for all of the things I said of course! I couldnt apologize enough. He accepted and said he would of said worse things if he was in my situation haha Everything is cool as he orchestrated the whole thing. I will post a picture soon :)

This thread has made my day hahaha:D:D:D

haha it is quite the rollercoaster ride. Best thing about it is that it is all over a hat....a hat...I have it on my head right now and its just funny to think of all the trouble it has caused. Its like the sorting hat from Harry Potter.

Hang on a second...so this is some random guy that you didn't know who took the trouble to LOOK for the hat for you and send it to you for free? That's amazing!!!

Hang on a second...so this is some random guy that you didn't know who took the trouble to LOOK for the hat for you and send it to you for free? That's amazing!!!

I think he already had the hat, and when he said he was looking for the hat for me that was part of his hoax to throw me off, so i'd be suprised when it came through the door.

But yes, I contacted him around the 20th November asking him if he would be willing to sell it. He initially said no because he loved it so much, so I just left it. But then not long after he sent me another message telling me he would send it to me for free as a gift! It is certainly amazing.

Just goes to show that there are still genuinely nice and thoughtful people out there! The hat originally cost 80 euros as well.

Isn't that John James from big brother uk? He sent you his hat? :O

That is him yes, but he's not the one who sent me the hat. He seems to love the hat as much as I do so I didnt even bother asking haha

I did however ask him where he got it from very early in my search on Twitter, and he told me he got it from G-Star. So he set me on the right track :)

That is him yes, but he's not the one who sent me the hat. He seems to love the hat as much as I do so I didnt even bother asking haha

I did however ask him where he got it from very early in my search on Twitter, and he told me he got it from G-Star. So he set me on the right track :)

Lol ah ok was puzzled for a moment there, couldn't imagine him handing over the hat he wore so much in BB haha

Lol ah ok was puzzled for a moment there, couldn't imagine him handing over the hat he wore so much in BB haha

Certainly not, thats why I didnt even bother to ask him haha That would of been my last resort though.

Strange story, need time to get it :), english is not my language :-( but I think I have understood that now you have a hat, but it is not the same one you saw first and it is also another person (than that first one) who sent it?
Above all, the first hat you told about was one that could CHANGE COLOURS??

Haha, this is funny, it makes me think of a Christmas tale ;-)!

Looks like you should have your faith replenished, then. The bloke turned out to be a decent guy. They're rare, so hold on to them.

Back