Petition for The Jackson's Victory Tour to be released

I don't see this happening. There's never been a video of The Jacksons or The J5 officially released, not even in the videocassette days.

Re: MJJC's Petition for The Jackson's Victory Tour to be released

I would LOVE to see this happen. That concert was one of the most memorable experiences I have ever had, and it's an even more precious memory now.

Lucky you!!!!!! You saw all that energy from all six of them! It must have been awesome

Come on we only need a few more people to have 2000.

By the way who will get the petition??

Sony?? Jackson Family?? Estate Lawyers?? Who ?????

There were two J5 VHS videos released but not in the USA. One was the 1975 Mexico show (edited) in the UK and the other was a Asian release (I think Japan) of the 1979 UK Destiny show. I have the later and it is nice except it could use remastered sound.

Wo will get the petition?????????????????????

Don't say that!! :cry: I'm sure they'll release it someday! ... they have to!!
Things only get released if there is a mainstream audience. A lot of the people on this site aren't interested in the brothers. If that is the case, then obviously the general public isn't. Anyway it's not simple as just putting out a video. There's all sort of legal & copyright issues. It's also really expensive and time consuming to restore old film.

Y'know I'd agree but all of michael's albums have been selling lately, even the ones before off the wall. So why wouldn't people pay to see Michael at the time he reached the ultimate peak? I'm pretty sure if they released these concerts on dvd they would sell really well.
As for the copyright and legal issues... well... I have no idea about that :scratch:

Y'know I'd agree but all of michael's albums have been selling lately, even the ones before off the wall. So why wouldn't people pay to see Michael at the time he reached the ultimate peak? I'm pretty sure if they released these concerts on dvd they would sell really well.
As for the copyright and legal issues... well... I have no idea about that :scratch:

He means that there are songs that got to be cleared, and also they have to ask permission from people to use their image. Kinda like the Jackson's Variety show (I wish it could be released on DVD, although there is some legal stuff that it has to go through.) they have to ask permission to clear songs and use their image in the DVDs and stuff.

Although as for me, I'll sign the petition if there someone to receive it. Although I would love for it to be released! :D And that adorable J5 cartoon, although they may have to remaster that too.

:pray: I hope that every MJ thing will be released though.

Things only get released if there is a mainstream audience.

This is just stupid!! Every small little band has dvds out! What are you talking about?????????? You don´t need to have mainstream audience! What about classic music what about jazz?? When was the last time you went to the classis section of your music store?? They have tons of DVD!!
You think Herbbie Hancock, Jimi Hendrix, Miles Davis, John Coltrane etc etc is music for the masses?? You must be joking! In our country we have a gypsy guitarist who is only famous in our country and only jazz fans know him. He has released many live DVDs!
So you say a concert release with the most famous man on earth isn´t possible??
This is the best joke I have ever heard!
Another thing. To restore old footage isn´t expensive anymore with the new pc programmes they use it´s rather cheap.
I bought the new Marvin Gaye DVD and they ´ve mastered not only the picture but also the sound and the footage is from the 60s and 70s. So if they can do it for Marvin Gaye they also can do it for Mike who will sell much more DVDs than Marvin Gaye.
Sorry but your post is a joke. We are talking here about the most famous star in the world.
The Victory Tour was Michael on Top of the World!! Everyone wants to see Thriller Mike in Concert. Go to Prince fan forum etc etc. They all want to buy the Victory Concert.
You must really live on the moon if you think the demand isn´t there!

Come on MJs fans get voting we need 67 votes. Now it´s not the time to be lazy!

Sony doesn't own any rights to the Victory Tour. The best bet would be to the estate/MJJ Productions

the petition for The Victory Tour on the Legacy (sony) site got "canceled".
I've received a mail from the administrator saying that LEGACY doesn't have the rights for the Victory tour

the petition for The Victory Tour on the Legacy (sony) site got "canceled".
I've received a mail from the administrator saying that LEGACY doesn't have the rights for the Victory tour

Ok.......... and...hmmm.........who has the rights??

It isn´t very smart to start a petition if you don´t know who has the rights....not very smart...first we need to find out who has the rights and then we can do something about in

MJ owned the rights to the Victory tour, he owned the rights to the footage for his solo tours too. It's MJ's estate that will decide whether to release the Victory and BAD tours on DVD or not.

I think the estate owns the footage. And they will decide if BAD or Victory will see the light.

That's the reason why I said that I would not sign a petition that does not have a recipient. :yes:

I think the estate owns the footage. And they will decide if BAD or Victory will see the light.

That's the reason why I said that I would not sign a petition that does not have a recipient. :yes:

Yepp we should only sing petitions for the bad victory tour with the Estate as the recipient.

Back