Prelim Hearing-4/1/11 Discussion Thread-All discussion here

• Thread starter elusive moonwalker
  • Start date
Okay, going back into the tiny tiny room dunno whats next, but Kenny just talked about This Is It in general but then talked about June 19th. Michael came to rehersals, had chills, was out if it and quiet. He said he shouldnt be here and didnt rehearse that night. Kenny didnt know why but was concerned. Defense asked him about Karen Faye and he said he never talked to her ever about Michael's condition. They said he did talk to her and he yelled at her and he says that isn't true, he never talked to her.

This is my iphone so sorry for typos and general bad english... back to the snake pit I go...

Thank you for getting this info to us!

So Kenny DENIES talking to Karen about Michael's health? Oh snap.

Karen Faye says Kenny Ortega lied under oath.

From her Twitter: "well, that is an out & out lie."

Believe what you will, can someone get Verizon out here. Internet is awful in here!

I know that only the prosecution is talking about, but I think that a conviction is inevitable. Let's hope for an impartial jury.

God help us.

Maybe she can learn something about her son. Never too late.

This is a very sad way to have to learn it.

My heart is truly aching right now, reading what is being said by the prosecution and Kenny Ortega. It's basically everything I (and so many others) have believed to be true. I know I've pulled away from this board in the last few months due to the emotional impact it has had on me, but I do feel grateful for the board because it filters the bull just like in 2005. But it's still so hard, and I know others here understand where I'm coming from. Just when I thought I didn't have another tear to shed...it all starts all over again...

so defense is referring to Karen Faye?

Not a good sign, in my opinion.

She has told way to many stories and is not credible, in my opinion. She probably had some of these folks thinking she had an inside track and now look, she was called a LIAR on the first day.

YIKES, not a good look for ole girl!

I feel sorry for folks who refer to ANYTHING Karen Faye may have told them and that includes all of the civil cases that are pending.

but what i understand the timeline was bigger, murray went to badroom around 10 but called 911 about 12? so thats 2 hours?

and kenny is called as witness by prosecuters (thats us?????)

why did the dancers say he was fine but kenny sais he wasnt??

Can someone answer my questions? i know this thread grows fast and alot off people say things but i dont understand it... (not english)

why did the dancers say he was fine but kenny sais he wasnt??

I think we have to be careful about generalizing. It seems the more info comes out that we have to think in terms of days. It's possible on some days Michael was amazing and fabulous. He seemed healthy and together and on others he wasn't doing well for whatever reasons. So it's possible when dancers say he was fine during the rehearsals they MAY be summarizing their entire time working with him...even tho on certain days he may have not been "fine". For the most part, perhaps he was "fine" to them.

I think this is where a lot of ppl are getting caught up.

i dont know who the source is for the below info ie i dont know if its legit cause its important news anyone know the source

the tru tv source is formally known as court tv.

karen faye needs to shut up. shes obviously gonna be a defence witness at this rate and is helping murray. stupid cow

the riot act is mentioned in the TMZ article about kenny testifying it has its own thread

what was the "riot act"?

i guess it's referring to the rumor earlier?

from tmz
"The next day -- June 20 -- an emergency meeting was held at Michael's home. Kenny Ortega, several big wigs from AEG, Michael, and Dr. Conrad Murray were present. We're told the meeting was "intense, loud and argumentative." Kenny read Michael the riot act, imploring him to take better care of himself because the tour was imminent. "

http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/04/micha...tar-witness-preliminary-hearing-manslaughter/

tmz said this too

The family is also concerned that video surveillance of Michael's last living moments -- crucial evidence in Murray's trial -- is still missing.

Wow is there a video? that wil proof alot

Michael Jackson’s personal physician caused the pop singer’s death by abandoning his patient, performing ineffective CPR, failing to call 911 in time, and hiding from paramedics and emergency room doctors that he had given Jackson a powerful anesthetic used in surgery, a prosecutor said Tuesday.

Deputy Dist. Atty. David Walgren made the comments in opening statements for the doctor’s preliminary hearing, which will determine whether there is enough evidence for Murray to stand trial.

Dr. Conrad Murray stands accused of involuntary manslaughter in connection with Jackson’s June 25, 2009 death.

Walgren outlined for Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor the time line of events that led up to Jackson’s death. He repeatedly emphasized that Jackson’s final rehearsal at Staples Center had been “energetic” and “fabulous.”

“Michael left the rehearsal very optimistic for the future,” he told the judge.

After the singer returned to his Holmby Hills estate, Walgren said Murray gave Jackson various medications, including benzodiazepines such as lorazepam or Valium, throughout the night.
Sometime between 10:40 and 11 the next morning, Murray gave the singer a dose of propofol, a dangerous anesthetic normally used in surgery. He then made a phone call around 11:51 a.m. and about 10 minutes into the call he appeared to first realize there was something wrong with his patient, the prosecutor said.

Yet rather than calling 911, Murray’s next move was to call Jackson’s security personnel, most of whom weren’t at Jackson’s home, Walgren said.

When a security guard, Alberto Alvarez, walked over from the security trailer parked next to the home, he saw Murray performing CPR with one hand on Jackson on a soft bed, according to the prosecutor. The doctor then instructed Alvarez to help him collect medical paraphernalia and stuff it into a bag, and only then told Alvarez to call 911, he said.

The prosecutor said the physician waited a minimum of nine minutes, and possibly as many as 21 minutes, before the 911 call was made. When paramedics arrived, Murray made no mention of the propofol Jackson was given, Walgren said.

Coroners ruled that Jackson died from acute propofol intoxication. Walgren said prosecutors would call as witnesses medical experts to testify about Murray’s conduct.

“The court will learn that in the opinion of these medical experts, there were a number of actions displayed by Dr. Murray that showed an extreme deviation from standard medical care,” Walgren said.

The producer of Jackson’s planned 2009 tour, Kenneth Ortega, was called as the first witness.

Ed Chernoff, Murray’s defense attorney, declined to make an opening statement. The hearing is expected to last seven to eight days.

-- Victoria Kim and Harriet Ryan

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...tion-about-powerful-drug-prosecutor-says.html

Ok, it seems the defense is going to use all the family supporters to impeach the prosecution witnesses. Ortega told investigators they sent MJ to get some rest and Murray was against that, was telling them he was fine. Maybe that's what he told MJ after he called Lee.

but i thought murray went to the badroom after giving the first time propofol and when he came back michael was in distress.. so that means before the calles michael was dying or worse..

but what i understand the timeline was bigger, murray went to badroom around 10 but called 911 about 12? so thats 2 hours?
murray gave 2 different stories first one was he gave mj dip at 10.30 or so the other was 11.30 or so. the prosecution said AT LEAST 21 minutes. which it is

After the singer returned to his Holmby Hills estate, Walgren said Murray gave Jackson various medications, including benzodiazepines such as lorazepam or Valium, throughout the night.
Sometime between 10:40 and 11 the next morning, Murray gave the singer a dose of propofol, a dangerous anesthetic normally used in surgery. He then made a phone call around 11:51 a.m. and about 10 minutes into the call he appeared to first realize there was something wrong with his patient, the prosecutor said.
and the first contridictary reports start. totally different to what court tv said

She has told way to many stories and is not credible, in my opinion. She probably had some of these folks thinking she had an inside track and now look, she was called a LIAR on the first day.

I feel sorry for folks who refer to ANYTHING Karen Faye may have told them and that includes all of the civil cases that are pending.

I'm no Karen fan, but you tend to remember if you've been yelled at, and the person doing the yelling might not even think that's what they did.

The discrepancy could be in what their exchange was actually about. If Ortega is denying talking to her specifically about MJ's health, maybe it wasn't a health issue she got reamed about to his recollection, but something else, and all she remembers is she getting reamed. I certainly believe they had some kind of exchanges.

but if kenny said he wasnt fine the 20 and two days later and then he was fine again.. that means that there was something wrong with michael right? and that is a good statement for the defense?

where would that video be?

not good of course

DA's whole argument is that Michael was fine and Murray killed him with his recklessness

if you paint a portrait of a man on a death bed then you give the defense the option to argue that something else might have contributed to his death

I have both Karen Faye's twits and Kenny's from back then!
Hare are Karen's twits, what a happy woman she was!
I really think she is disgusting and doesn't have what it takes to stand up for Michael

Karen Faye Kissinger I know how painful it is to loose this beautiful man....I can barely speak, but I must share with you his reason for getting on stage once again. It wasn't for money or to relaunch his career...it was to send the message that we must HEAL THE WORLD, befo
27 June 2009

Karen Faye Kissinger I am so busy and so excited!!!!!!

Karen Faye Kissinger My contractual obligations forbid me to write any more before the concert. I will read your email and posts. Keep sharing with me. Keep dancing! See you in London!
5 June 2009

Karen Faye Kissinger Hello everyone. I apologize for not posting recently. I have signed contracts, and within the contract are strictly enforced confidentiality clauses. Everyone involved in TII, must abide. I will continue to accept my friends, and I will be able to read
05 June 2009

Karen Faye Kissinger spent a few hours buying supplies for TII yesterday at my favorite makeup and hair supply store, Nigel's. It is a little bit of heaven for a girl like me.
30 ?ay 2009

Karen Faye Kissinger Coffee and out the door. Everything is moving along full force. Watching MJ rehearse is giving me goose bumps. A genius at work. I do know how lucky I am to experience all this. Michael told me he was excited to be able to share and bring his music to the world.
29 May 2009

Karen Faye Kissinger Off to a production meeting. I asked Michael on Monday about Shaheen...he DID already see it. He loved it! I guess I am the only one who didn't see it, LOL.
26 May 2009

tmz said this too

The family is also concerned that video surveillance of Michael's last living moments -- crucial evidence in Murray's trial -- is still missing.

Wow is there a video? that wil proof alot

It will be interesting to know what the security guards have to say about this. If anything, they would be the ones to know if they recorded what went on inside Michael's home and/or in his bedroom or if it was mainly the exterior they kept an eye on. And if they DID tape the interior or his bedroom, what normally happens to the tapes? Do they record over them daily/weekly or what? Also, who was on duty that day who may have had access to the house?

What I find odd, tho, is why would his bedroom be taped if he didn't even allow anyone upstairs except the kids and, apparently, Murray? If he was concerned about privacy to that degree, it doesn't seem likely that he'd allow the taping of his bedroom, no?

i hope karen faye is happy when she helps murray walk. i hope the pros have all her facebook comments pre 25th june.

Back