Press release, and other actions for increased charges

Gee, I thought people knew by now that they have to be professional in such matters. Thanks for all the hard work Autumn.

souldreamer7;3182779 said:
As of now there is 5333 signatures.

I've also posted this in our MJJC Legacy Team project room - so we the team can come up with more outlets.

I just want to say that if you agree with the petition.. sign it and let's show them & the world that there really is millions of MJ fans across the globe, that care, that realize that there has been a mans life that has been taken, and it is very unnecessary!!

:wub:
souldreamer7

Wanted to add this info. via Justice4MJ via Truth For Michael

The "PRELIMINARY HEARING" in the Case of the People of California vs. Dr. Conrad Murray began on Tuesday, January 4, 2011.

According to news reports, prosecutors have said they plan to call as many as 30 witnesses for testimony that will last approximately two weeks (I just heard news reports that it may end as early as Tuesday, January 11, 2011). THIS IS NOT A TRIAL BY JURY.

TO CLARIFY FOR EVERYONE, HERE IS THE DEFINITION OF A "PRELIMINARY HEARING" IN CALIFORNIA -

"The preliminary hearing is held to determine if a crime has been committed and if there is sufficient cause to believe the defendant committed the crime."

“It is a "mini-trial," where prosecutors present witness testimony establishing a crime was committed, and how the defendant (Murray) is responsible."

“At the conclusion of the Preliminary Hearing, the Judge will determine whether or not there is sufficient evidence or probable cause to support the charges against a defendant (Murray) and bind the case over to Superior Court for trial.”

IT IS OUR UNDERSTANDING THAT DURING THE PRELIMINARY HEARING, THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY OR THE JUDGE CAN ADD ADDITIONAL CHARGES AND/OR READJUST THE BAIL!!!

The following is “copied and pasted” directly from a Beverly Hills, California Attorney’s Web Site: “During the Preliminary Hearing, the District Attorney or the Judge can add additional charges and/or readjust the bail.”

It is also our understanding that AFTER the Preliminary Hearing, the Judge or the District Attorney CANNOT change charges to more serious charges against Conrad Murray.

Based on this understanding, it seems to me that this is a VERY CRITICAL TIME to make our voices heard as to what charges we feel are appropriate for Conrad Murray.

------------------------------------------
The contact information located on the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles, Web Site for Judge Michael Pastor is:

Honorable Judge Michael E. Pastor

State of California Superior Court, Los Angeles County

Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center

210 West Temple Street

Los Angeles, CA 90012

Phone: (213) 974-5731

Website where contact information was obtained:

http://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/

PLEASE NOTE: I have not been able to locate an email address for the Honorable Judge Michael E. Pastor on the internet. If anyone has an email address for Judge Pastor that is current, published, and open to the public to use, please private message me and I will immediately update this note.
-------------------------------------------
There are three (3) ways to contact the District Attorney’s Office of the County of Los Angeles, Deputy District Attorney David Walgren and Deputy District Attorney Deborah Brazil:
1. “E-Mail” directly at webmail@da.lacounty.gov

2. Go to their “Contact Form” at http://da.co.la.ca.us/feedback.htm#feedback and submit it if your email program doesn't work.

3. “U.S. Mail” to:

District Attorney's Office

County of Los Angeles

210 West Temple

Street, Suite 18000

Los Angeles, CA 90012-3210

Telephone (213) 974-3512

Fax (213) 974-1484

(8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday Through Friday)

Based on news reports, the prosecutors assigned from the L.A. County District Attorney’s Office are: Deputy District Attorney David Walgren and Deputy District Attorney Deborah Brazil.
-------------------------------------------------
NEWS MEDIA EMAIL ADDRESSES:

(if anyone is aware of any other news media email addresses, please send to me and I will add to the NOTE). Thanks!
Atlarge@foxnews.com, OREILLY@FOXNEWS.COM, cavuto@foxnews.com, countdown@msnbc.com, dateline@nbcuni.com, fncspecials@foxnews.com, foxreport@foxnews.com, friends@foxnews.com, hannity@foxnews.com, hardball@msnbc.com, myword@foxnews.com, newswatch@foxnews.com, nightly@nbc.com, today@msnbc.com, today@nbc.com

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: IN ALL YOUR CORRESPONDENCE, PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL. We are a part of Michael's living legacy, and we need to demonstrate to the World that we are civil-minded individuals that are willing and able to advocate for this sweet soul Michael Jackson. THANK YOU!!!
---------------SAMPLE LETTER BELOW - PLEASE FEEL FREE TO USE AS IS OR ADD OR DELETE AND SEND.--------------------

Dear Honorable Judge Pastor:

Dear Honorable Los Angeles Deputy District Attorney Deborah Brazil:

We are a member of a large group of people demanding appropriate Justice for the Murder of Mr. Michael Jackson.

We respectfully request an immediate increase of the Involuntary Manslaughter charges against Dr. Conrad Murray.
Based on the facts that have been presented in the case of The People of the State of California vs. Conrad Murray, we are convinced Dr. Murray is responsible for the Death of Mr. Michael Jackson and has displayed a careless, reckless, and intentional disregard for his life.
We are respectfully demanding that Mr. Michael Jackson be treated with the same rights afforded to each and every other American citizen.
We feel it is evident that the dispensing of Justice is not being applied fairly and equitably in Los Angeles, California, when other less serious crimes are judged more harshly than the alleged crimes of a well-known Cardiologist charged with just “Involuntary Manslaughter!”
We are firm in our belief that the Charges Are Not Sufficient in this case and we are respectfully demanding an amended increase of the charges that are appropriate with the facts of this case.
THE FACTS:
Dr. Murray administered Propofol in a residential home setting without the aid of appropriate medical equipment to monitor his patient, Mr. Michael Jackson.
Dr. Murray, a Cardiologist, knowingly performed Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) on a bed contrary to medical guidelines on the proper method to perform effective CPR.
Dr. Murray left the room for an unspecified amount of time after injecting high levels of Propofol into Mr. Jackson. Given Dr. Murray’s Medical credentials, we find it hard to accept, he was unaware of the grave danger.
Dr. Murray did not use sound judgment nor exhibit good faith and wasted precious time in calling for 9-1-1 assistance, which we believe is extreme willful misconduct.
Dr. Murray did not tell the truth regarding the Propofol he administered to Mr. Michael Jackson as those amounts are not supported by the autopsy findings of Mr. Michael Jackson.
There seems to be deliberate inconsistencies in the timeline provided by Dr. Murray.
Clearly, we feel all of the evidence supports a premeditated abandonment of Dr. Conrad Murray’s Hippocratic Oath as a Medical Doctor.
In addition, it is our strong belief that Dr. Murray’s deliberate actions warrant a charge of nothing less than Murder in the Second Degree!
Given the gravity of the situation and the fact Mr. Jackson’s life was taken, the charge of "Involuntary Manslaughter" is a slap on the wrist!
We represent millions of interested people around the Country and the World, who are dedicated to this case and its final outcome.
We look to you, as our elected official, to represent, in good faith, the best interest of the people of our great State of California, these United States, Mr. Michael Jackson’s Family, and most importantly, his three children, who no longer have a Father because he was taken away from them so tragically!Thank you very much in advance for your prompt attention to this very, very important request. We look forward to your immediate action.
Respectfully submitted,
[Type Full Name]
[Type Address]

**Sign Petition to Change the Charges Here:**

http://www.petitiononline.com/justs4MJ/petition.html

Thank you for this Tamara. :better:

:waving: Hi windy09,
you're welcome. This is all so sad...but we've gotta do what we've gotta do.
:hug:

Here's a quick letter that I typed up that everyone can send out to friends,family other fans if you chose too.

If you agree that the charges for C. Murray should be upped...

Please sign the petition. Link below.

http://www.petitiononline.com/justs4MJ/petition.html

As of now we have 6379 signatures and counting.
Let's show them & the world that there really is Millions of Michael Jackson Fans across the globe.
We are now the voice for Mr. Michael Jackson.
So from MJ's Army Of L.O.V.E. Let us Speak Now.

"There's Nothing That Can't Be Done,If We Raise Our Voice as One."

We are running out of time..Once the Prelim. Hearing is over - The charges can't be changed.

Please sign if you agree. If you know of anyone who would want to sign the petition please copy & paste this message and send this message to them now.

Thank You.

With L.O.V.E
Fans of Michael Jackson Across The World

-----------------------------------------------------------------

:wub:
souldreamer7

Last edited:
Kim! I was just coming in here to say that I would alert the Legacy Project team about this!

This is something that we will work tirelessly on!

Hi Nancii, Thank you. Please see my latest post here. I think I'm going to start new threads about this in the Legacy Project forums. Currently this is posted in the Media Advocacy and Media Email Alert threads. I think now we should have separate threads because this information is buried in the aforementioned threads; meaning this topic is not easily visible unless one ventures into the threads. I've also posted in the Fans Take Action and I will send out an email to the Media Advocacy Email Alert distribution list.

These are direct Email to DA in trial via justice 4 mj.

http://www.justice4mj.com/change-the-charges/

Change the charges!
Send your letters requesting that the charges be changed to second degree murder.
Case Number: SA073164?
Case Title: People v Conrad Murray

David B Walgren?
213.974.3992?
Fax: 213.974.1484
dwalgren@da.lacounty.gov dwalgren@da.lacounty.gov
Deborah Brazil
dbrazil@da.lacounty.gov dbrazil@da.lacounty.gov

Hi tofdel1,

FYI! I've also posted this in the following forums listed below:

1.) The Fans Take Action
2.) The Legacy Project > MJJC Legacy Project - Media Advocay E-Mail Alert System

3.) The Legacy Project > FANS UNITE to change the charges against Conrad Murray
4.) The Legacy Project > The Legacy Project Team Room > Media Advocacy Room

5.) The Legacy Project > The Legacy Project Team Room > FANS UNITE to change the charges against Conrad Murray.

Back