Prince Jackson steps into public spotlight - endorses jackets by J5 / Jackson's sue for nonpayment

Re: Prince Jackson steps into public spotlight - endorses jackets by J5

A 14 year old doing his uncles who are in their 60s and late 50s a 'favor', for exactly WHAT?

More pics from the interview....

normal_Exclukop-k_%283%29.jpg

normal_Exclukop-k_%284%29.jpg

normal_Exclukop-k_%282%29.jpg

normal_Exclukop-k.jpg

normal_Exclukop-k_%285%29.jpg

ok. Prince is old enough to make up his own mind and we need to respect him and his choices the same way we did Michael's. I think this is something Prince may have actually wanted to do so i dont see any objection to it. He is not being exploited nothing has his name or likeness on it except the one he autographed which again was his choice.. We need to stop trying to control children that are not ours. Theses kids have their own minds and can, believe it or not, make them up for themselves. Respect them as we respect their father. I am very proud of him for wanting to make sure everyone has a piece of Michael. in the good way. Michael wouldn't object he was going to put out a clothing line anyway.
First of all, Prince is still a child. Granted he is a teenager now, but he's STILL a child.

I love how people say: "well he is old enough to make up his own mind." Would YOU say that same thing if he "decided" that he was old enough to entertain his girlfriend OVERNIGHT?

In my opinion, it's very clear to see what's going on, i.e. his uncles need his help, because NOBODY is interested in them, unless Michael's children are involved. All of a sudden Michael is gone and his brothers have more "projects" then you can shake a stick at. LOL! Where were all of these projects when Michael was still alive?

Aside from the FACT, that Michael went to great lenghts to protect his children from certain things. That wasn't a secret, WE ALL saw Michael's actions with our own eyes when it came to his three children.

I also find it VERY embarrassing that this late in the game, the brothers, who happen to be in their 60's and 50's, STILL can't accomplish anything unless Michael's name is attached to it. At this point, they should be "trying" to make a mark by using their own, individual ideas, independent of their brother, Michael Jackson. It's no wonder that "most" of the time, folks don't even address them by their government names and just lump them all together as Michael Jackson's "BROTHERS."

Last edited:

For once I agree with the chick:

Karen's opinion on the matter:

Karen Faye (@wingheart)
Posted Thursday 10th November 2011 from TweetList

Are ppl really that dumb? RT @DonnaMB73: Im not kidding folks, get your 2350$ Beat / Thriller jackets signed by J4 here.. for a limited time.. http://t.co/UCnrAvd OMG #icannot

Sad, huh? RT @Ramona_Pritchet: @DonnaMB73 @wingheart scroll to entertainment part RT "@CNNshowbiz: Prince Jackson steps into public spotlight http://t.co/g95WMSpL"

Sad that Michael's children are put in the same position that he himself distanced himself from. Some lessons are never learned. RT @TaylaStJames: @DonnaMB73 @wingheart Oh I know its one of those weeks!Prince now gets to become the cash cow for the Jacksons,that Michael used to be.

$2,350.00!

In my opinion, Michael would be OUTRAGED that his brothers are trying to rip-off his loyal fans by trying to sell those jackets at such a steep price.

I'm sorry, but that price is ridiculous!

This leaves me speechless. I should not be surprised though, it's the obvious next step to everything that has happened before. Being 14 doesnt make you old enough to know what you are agreeing to, and it's certainly not the place of a kid that age to financially help the 60 yo uncles. Being 14 makes you vulnerable, and manipulable, like any other kid.

In a family, or any society, adults are those who should care for the young, and help them through life. Especially those who have become orphans in such a sudden and traumatic manner. It's not the other way around.

Like many have said before me, they have shamelessly used Michael, they are shamelessly using his kids.

But, we have to remember : it will only work if we, fans, agree to play the game. Despite what they seem to think, we call the shots. We are the targeted buyers.

This is what happens when you are uneducated, jobless and broke.

The exploitation is so obvious.

But don't worry guys. No one will be buying those Junkies.

How embarrassing. Who exactly is their audience for this? Do they really think the public would come anywhere near this? This venture will just be laughed at by them.

The rate at which things are going, it's only a matter of time before Prince, just like MJ, gets fed up. At some point he'll feel used and will start taking his distance.

that gf bull you spillin is completly different sitch and NO. damn people he has a mind

First of all, Prince is still a child. Granted he is a teenager now, but he's STILL a child.

I love how people say: "well he is old enough to make up his own mind." Would YOU say that same thing if he "decided" that he was old enough to entertain his girlfriend OVERNIGHT?

In my opinion, it's very clear to see what's going on, i.e. his uncles need his help, because NOBODY is interested in them, unless Michael's children are involved. All of a sudden Michael is gone and his brothers have more "projects" then you can shake a stick at. LOL! Where were all of these projects when Michael was still alive?

Aside from the FACT, that Michael went to great lenghts to protect his children from certain things. That wasn't a secret, WE ALL saw Michael's actions with our own eyes when it came to his three children.

I also find it VERY embarrassing that this late in the game, the brothers, who happen to be in their 60's and 50's, STILL can't accomplish anything unless Michael's name is attached to it. At this point, they should be "trying" to make a mark by using their own, individual ideas, independent of their brother, Michael Jackson. It's no wonder that "most" of the time, folks don't even address them by their government names and just lump them all together as Michael Jackson's "BROTHERS."

epic thank you....:clapping::clapping::clapping:

that gf bull you spillin is completly different sitch and NO. damn people he has a mind

of course he has a mind,,however...Prince is still a child...and a child at the age of 14 has NO IDEA what is in their best interest...believe me I know...I have raised 2 of them.

Saying that Prince is still a kid, doesnt mean he's an brainless idiot. He's just like any other kid. A kid, whatever his maturity, is still a kid. Being Michael Jackson's children doesnt make them superkids. It just puts them in a more difficult situation.

The rate at which things are going, it's only a matter of time before Prince, just like MJ, gets fed up. At some point he'll feel used and will start taking his distance.
When he does distance himself they still won't admit where they went wrong. I can see them blaming "outside influences" if and when the kids distance themselves.

I'm not buying that!!!!...........

That's not just exploiting Michael's, but it's also exploiting Michael's legacy!!!!

I'm now reduced to buying MJ merchandise that is both:
1.) Official by the MJJ Estate
2.) Has zero Jackson's involved (unless it's an original duet or J5 song)

Why do they cost $2,350?.......
.......It's not like the four Jackson autographs are worth anything.......
.......And Michael never made his fans pay ridiculous amounts money for merchandise!!!!

To Michael:
MJ Fans = L.O.V.E.

To Everybody else:
MJ Fans = $$$$$$$$

What business sense does it make to have people totally unconnected to the Thriller jacket sign it?! Why would anyone want that?

It seems there continues to be a difficulty in separating their being with Michael's in terms of the entertainment success. What Michael did belongs to Michael--never will it belong to the brothers. And frankly, if they are not careful, they will have more celebrity children famous only for being celebrity children. And nothing is wrong with that when there is a true purpose that will enrich their lives and others. But as business support for grown people . . . so sad.

I don't know. I think he should be doing things when he is an adult.

When he does distance himself they still won't admit where they went wrong. I can see them blaming "outside influences" if and when the kids distance themselves.
yeah blaming outside influences and drugs is their only way of justifying things, just like CM the Jackson's in their own world (the one they're living in), and in their brain aren't responsible for anything. A round of ''Poor Jackson's'' for them pleas.e

People might write a book, put on a tribute concert, make a documentary/movie about his life or last rehearsals, etc. Fine--I have no problem with that. However, when all of that comes from a single person or group and becomes one thing after another all based on your brother's death, then in reality it becomes a new found career versus a way to honor someone. It is why my skin crawls sometimes seeing Rebbie with the big smile plastered across her face right before talking about Michael's death or the trial as if she is about to embark on a wonderful topic.

I don't know. I think he should be doing things when he is an adult.
Exactly! We are only kids for such a short time and then we are adults for soooooo long with responsibilities that can sometimes feel overwhelming.
Prince has plenty of time before he needs to be thinking about what kind of mark he would like to make on the world.
I have made a choice to stop clicking on stories,pictures etc about the children. It only upsets me and makes me crazy that Michael isn't here. I know these kids will be outstanding adults but I just can't seem to shake this sad feeling I get that we will never get to know the people they would have been had Michael lived.

Last edited:

People might write a book, put on a tribute concert, make a documentary/movie about his life or last rehearsals, etc. Fine--I have no problem with that. However, when all of that comes from a single person or group and becomes one thing after another all based on your brother's death, then in reality it becomes a new found career versus a way to honor someone. It is why my skin crawls sometimes seeing Rebbie with the big smile plastered across her face right before talking about Michael's death or the trial as if she is about to embark on a wonderful topic.
What else can be expected from Maureen Brown? She still has a deep friendship and bond to Stacey Brown, this fact alone speaks more that a million words. She was also seen grinning from ear to ear, on the day of the memorial, while walking around in her new Gucci dress, enjoying all the attention, barely 2 weeks after Michael died. So her grinning now, is hardly surprising.

Were this pictures taken in California? If so where were these brothers during the trial. If there 80 year old mother can go then so can they and that's all I have to say about that.

Do the kids have to go into show business? They can't choose to be a lawyer, teacher, doctor etc? Lots of kids of famous parents do other things in their life. They don't have to follow whatever they did. I don't want this to come out the wrong way but just because their father was Michael Jackson doesn't mean they have his talent too. You know what I mean? If they genuinely want to be in the entertainment business okay but if not then I would encourage them to get away from the spotlight.

The family thinks what Michael did is their accomplishment too. You hear it when they talk. Yes they gave Michael the foundation but once he went on his own it was all Michael and his hard work. Hours in the studio, hours dancing, all hours he put in. The general public know this. It is always Michael Jackson's brother, sister, nephew etc. No matter what these people do Michael's name will be brought in somehow.

Prince isn't doing it for the money, but as a favor for his uncles, the four surviving original members of the Jackson 5 group that featured his father.

Can't believe. He'd better refuse to do it as a favor for his late father will.

I never expected any other behavior from the Jacksons because it was always there. Just going back to the Pepsi commercial and having Katherine "get" Michael for that and the Victory Tour. It has been one kinfe into Michael's back from this family time after time. They haven't shocked or surprised me in anyway. I look into the Janet world tour thread and Janet number one thread and am dismayed that Michael fans support her through and through. Just remembering how she told a USA Reporter "one day God will bless my brother again" (after the allegations of 1993) and how she appeared on talk shows where others defend her brother and she sits there and laughs. It can't be a nevous laugh all this time because the lady does promotional work-she knows. I choose her and nothing she has said or done now because those things back then shaped the media, public perception, and I am sure Michael. Why would I ever support someone or a family like this? The estate was chosen and they will get my money. They may make mistakes but it isn't where they purposely hurt, laugh or malign Michael. They will learn from the fans and continue to grow the legacy.

I appreciate you all allowing me to rant. I needed it.

I am a staunch supporter of mrs Jackson and I know she has done amazing things. But this time, her judgement has been obscured. I wonder if she would've 'allowed' this to happen if.....
Jermaine, Tito, etc were not HER kids.
This is what she as a mother has always wanted....the J5 together, after all, she s a mother.

Ths time, she is blurring the lines of giving good judgement. Of course Prince is going to see her facial approval and of course he wants to please. He is a kid!

I hope that Prince will be left alone and not exploited like their father was.

MJ was 8
Prince 14
Paris 13 - she was wearing the jacket at the tribute. At first I thought, aw, that looks so nice. Now I see it as an advertisement.

The Only person for the moment that has been left alone is Blanket......but judging from his resemblance to his dad, it won't take too long.

url

IF Jermaine, Tito were NOT her family, would this 'endorsement' have continued? I think NOT.

Last edited:

I am a staunch supporter of mrs ackson and I knw she has done amazing things. But this time, her judgement has been obscured. I wonder if she would've 'allowed' this to happen if.....
Jermaine, Tito, etc were not HER kids.
This is what she as a mother has always wanted....the J5 together, after all, she s a mother.

Ths time, she is blurring the lines of giving good judgement. Of course Prince is going to see her facial approval and of course he wants to please. He is a kid!

I hope that Prince will be left alone and not exploited like their father was.

MJ was 8
Prince 14
Paris 13 - she was wearing the jacket at the tribute. At first I thought, aw, that looks so nice. Now I see it as an advertisement.
The Only person for the moment that has been left alone is Blanket......but judging from his resemblance to his dad, it won't take too long.

IF Jermaine, Tito were NOT her family, would this 'endorsement' have continued? I think NOT.

Well she needs to face reality her sixty year old ''boys'' are not going to embark on superstardom in this life anymore, they weren't able to do so 30 years, and the odds of them regaining their previous fame now are non existent.
And to answer your question, yes I think this 'endorsement' would have continued even if her grown sons weren't involved, for the right amount of money Mrs Jackson is always ready and willing to hand over one (if not all) of Michael's children on a silver plate. Everything has a price, and every price is negotiable in this family

I just think Michael would be completly disappointed in his mother if he knew she was doing this imo Michael put trust in his mother to keep them safe and out of the spotlight but its obviously not happening.Regardless of whos trying to get the kids to do something katherine has the final say cos she's there guardian.I personally think they'r afraid that if they keep Michaels kids out of the spotlight for too long then no one will really care for them any longer so they'r trying to keep them in the moment.I have this feeling though that Blanket is goin to be targeted the most.

I personally think they'r afraid that if they keep Michaels kids out of the spotlight for too long then no one will really care for them any longer so they'r trying to keep them in the moment.I have this feeling though that Blanket is goin to be targeted the most.
But the sad thing is, the kids being put out there now still won't bring in any serious money for the family. All these ventures they attempt will always just be seen as the family exploiting MJ's kids, as most thought the family would. No way the public will get on board anything that exploits MJ's kids. I can't believe the family and these opportunists that surround them don't understand this.

Taking care to make the right decisions about what deals to accept and what to reject is crucial to protecting his brand as the eldest son of the King of Pop, he said.

What brand???? what has Prince done to garner a' brand'....or is being the son of Michael Jackson now is seen as his 'brand'?

Why are they pissing on MJ's wishes for his children like this? and repeatedly I might add.

I too am so tired of this....

Back