Prince Jackson steps into public spotlight - endorses jackets by J5 / Jackson's sue for nonpayment

Re: Prince Jackson steps into public spotlight - endorses jackets by J5

Prince doin favors for his uncles like MJ did and got tired of after so many yrs of doing so makes me sad. But, I'm not surprised. It was a matter of time.

:wtf:

Soon another nightmare begins. Are you ready? :( My God, Michael would never approve it. :no: :doh: May God protect these children. :angel:

I really want to know who in the word will spend $2,350 on a replica jacket???

I don't know what else to say.

I really want to know who in the word will spend $2,350 on a replica jacket???

The jackets do look nice.....it is probably worth the $2,350. But now that the J4 has signed it, it has devalued the jacket. imo. Why would I want to walk around with a Michael made famous jacket with THEIR signatures???

Prince, until he is 18, is considered a minor. So who's the adult who is taking responsibility for him???

YYYYOOOOOHHOOOOOO....GRANDMA!!!

The jackets do look nice.....it is probably worth the $2,350. But now that the J4 has signed it, it has devalued the jacket. imo. Why would I want to walk around with a Michael made famous jacket with THEIR signatures???
Yeah... The jacket looks nice. But, it's still a replica. Say.. The jacket is made with 100% genuine leather. It still isn't with $2,350...

Is there anything from the Estate about this???

I feel like he is being exploited as well. But I also feel that Prince himself is only doing this for the sake of his dad. I feel like that's why the kids agree to be involved with things like this: for their dad, even if the family thrusts them into it. However, they're still so young. Nobody is telling them that they have all the time in the world to celebrate and honor Michael. I can just imagine the uncles and cousins encouraging them. It's sad. They need their childhood/teenhood. I feel so bad for them and my thoughts always come back to them.

I really hope that he did this because he wanted to and not just to satisfy his family. They shouldn't be doing this to him. He's only 14 years old.

EDIT: Just read this part:

Prince isn't doing it for the money, but as a favor for his uncles, the four surviving original members of the Jackson 5 group that featured his father.

That makes me sick. "As a favor for his uncles." I also came across pictures of Prince signing autographs...it scared me to see that. :(

Last edited:

First of all, Prince is still a child. Granted he is a teenager now, but he's STILL a child.

I love how people say: "well he is old enough to make up his own mind." Would YOU say that same thing if he "decided" that he was old enough to entertain his girlfriend OVERNIGHT?

In my opinion, it's very clear to see what's going on, i.e. his uncles need his help, because NOBODY is interested in them, unless Michael's children are involved. All of a sudden Michael is gone and his brothers have more "projects" then you can shake a stick at. LOL! Where were all of these projects when Michael was still alive?

Aside from the FACT, that Michael went to great lenghts to protect his children from certain things. That wasn't a secret, WE ALL saw Michael's actions with our own eyes when it came to his three children.

I also find it VERY embarrassing that this late in the game, the brothers, who happen to be in their 60's and 50's, STILL can't accomplish anything unless Michael's name is attached to it. At this point, they should be "trying" to make a mark by using their own, individual ideas, independent of their brother, Michael Jackson. It's no wonder that "most" of the time, folks don't even address them by their government names and just lump them all together as Michael Jackson's "BROTHERS."

MAJOR rep for this post! Too bad I couldn't give it more than once. :clapping:

Btw, how did the brothers back door their way into using anything "J5" or "Jackson 5" related? Motown Records still own the rights to "J5", "Jackson 5", "Jackson 5ive" along with their music and their images related to that era. They lost that when they broke from the label. As a matter of fact at one point Berry (before he sold the label) threatened to create a new group and name them the JACKSON 5.

I don't know what to say....

The ONLY normal childhood the children had is when Michael was here......

My heart feels for those kids.....

I was thinking the samething. Did the brother's interrupt Prince's schooling? He still has time to do what he says he likes, acting; why push that onto him now? Next, Paris when she's 16 and then Blanket :(

I was thinking the samething. Did the brother's interrupt Prince's schooling? He still has time to do what he says he likes, acting; why push that onto him now? Next, Paris when she's 16 and then Blanket :(

You are very optimistic. I think it will happen much sooner.

Michael wanted his kids to focus on their schooling... Now they are mannequins used to advertise their uncles/aunts/grandpa shady crap.

Nothing changes does it. b4 they used mj or tried to use him in their money making scams. now they move onto using his kids instead. how sad that grown men have to use a child to try and promote something that had nothing to do with them ie mjs jackets. its not as if they are j5 jackets..cant the bros do something on their own without leaching off mj or his kids.

Maybe because they know deep inside no one would actually care. The only reason they got a bit of attention is their link to Michael.

I wish the Estate hadn't loaned Michael's jacket designs to his fame deprived and money hungry family- brothers. It's a stupid idea. Furthermore, the use of Michael's children to promote it, is preposterous and going against Michael's wishes. I hope this will be the last time, the Estate authorizes his family to use Michael's trademarks, and iconic clothing for their personal gain.

Wonder if they would have allowed it, had they know that Michael's son's help will be deployed to promote these? They did publicly voice their opposition to the use of the kids' signature on Joe's tacky belts.

Maybe because they know deep inside no one would actually care. The only reason they got a bit of attention is their link to Michael.
if course. which is why they are using jr to garner attention for the jackets. the articles by cnn show that

I wish the Estate hadn't loaned Michael's jacket designs to his fame deprived and money hungry family- brothers. It's a stupid idea. Furthermore, the use of Michael's children to promote it, is preposterous and going against Michael's wishes. I hope this will be the last time, the Estate authorizes his family to use Michael's trademarks, and iconic clothing for their personal gain. Wonder if they would have allowed it, had they know that Michael's son's help will be deployed to promote these? They did publicly voice their opposition to the use of the kids' signature on Joe's tacky belts.
unless the estate have confirmed they support this id wonder big time

Yes, the jackets seem to be estate authorised, which makes the J4 signatures even more surprising. But i think jackie, who seems to have some estate role, was in charge of this partic clothing line so it was clearly his idea. Do they not feel the slightest bit of embarrassment trying to share the shine for mj's solo career when they did precious little to encourage it?

I was interested to read how prince wants to be an actor. It's such a predictable ambition for someone living in LA, and to an outsider hollywood just seems such a ruthless industry, they chew you up and spit you out. MJ provided such financial security for his children, i can't believe that he wouldn't want them to have a top education, college as well as school, something he never had the luxury of. The children are in the fortunate position to have no need to immediately earn money and they are one day going to be in charge of a billion dollar estate - so i think concentrating on the academic stuff is not only preferable but essential - pity their guardian doesn't see it that way.

The Jackson's are bunch of uneducated people, and it's clear that none of them view education to be an important aspect of life, it's same thing when illiterates downplay the impact/benefit of literacy. That's what the Jackson's are doing.

I once heard that Genevieve Jackson attends Harvard. Is it true? Or, just a rumor?

Genevieve is too busy playing singer, she's been into singing for several years now.
Stevanna is the one who attends Havard.

Genevieve is too busy playing singer, she's been into singing for several years now. Stevanna is the one who attends Havard.
Okay. Thanks. So, at least one of the Jackson's children goes to a top college. Hopefully, PP&B can follow their hearts and are not being forced to do things they don't want

The Jackson's are bunch of uneducated people, and it's clear that none of them view education to be an important aspect of life, it's same thing when illiterates downplay the impact/benefit of literacy. That's what the Jackson's are doing.

Couldnt agree more. Michael seems to be the only who understood the importance of education. I remember Joe's comment about having been a good father because "he had put all his kids into show business", like it was the greatest goal in life.

Okay. Thanks. So, at least one of the Jackson's children goes to a top college. Hopefully, PP&B can follow their hearts and are not being forced to do things they don't want
Voice of Reason. In the end, they have a right to do what they want be it show business or higher education. It will be their life and their future and theirs only, not the Fan's or the Family's.

Last edited:

Jermaine Jackson on 'Showbiz Tonight' 11/10

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1111/10/sbt.01.html

WYNTER: You know, we`re always just intrigued by Michael`s children. I hear Prince - he`s quite the businessman. He`s going into business with his uncles, launching his own clothing line, leather jackets.

JERMAINE JACKSON: I don`t want to speak too much about it because they want to keep it quiet, but there`s some truth to it. And he`s very supportive and just getting this done. He`s committed to showing up to the meetings and stuff. But I can`t -

WYNTER: So he`s very hands-on.

JERMAINE JACKSON: Yes.

WYNTER: He`s not just having things handed to him. He has creative input, right?

JERMAINE JACKSON: Yes. He`d better. He`s the son of Michael.

Alan Duke talks more about Prince on 'Showbiz Tonight' 11/10

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1111/10/sbt.01.html

HAMMER: So you heard Jermaine tell SHOWBIZ TONIGHT that Michael`s oldest son, Prince, is about to take part in his very first paid endorsement deal selling replicas with his family of Michael`s famous red "Thriller" jacket.

That leads to our SHOWBIZ exclusive newsmaker interview with Prince Jackson.

Prince just spoke with CNN Entertainment Wire editor, Alan Duke. Alan is with us tonight from Hollywood.

So Alan, prince did get a little taste of the spotlight recently when he introduced Beyonce at Michael`s tribute concert in Wales last month.

And now he`s just revealed to you he does want to be an actor. Looking at these brand-new pictures of him right now, I see him as a young man who`s very confident, very self-assured.

What did he tell you? Is he ready to handle all of the not-so-great things that come along with a high-profile life?

ALAN DUKE, EDITOR, CNN ENTERTAINMENT WIRE: Well, he seems to be a pretty confident young man. He`s 14 years old. He looks like he`s older and he acts like he`s older. Yes, I sat down with him for a while. And guess what? He also revealed to me he wants to be an actor just like his sister.

HAMMER: Yes. It`s going to be very interesting to see how they negotiate that life. Of course, their father always said it gave him a lot of trouble, but it gave him a lot of joy.

Here`s what I`m very curious about, Alan, on a very general level. Not a lot of people from the outside, quite frankly, get to spend a lot of time with Prince Jackson as you were able to do. What sticks with you from your time with him? What was it like?

DUKE: Well, he`s somewhat of a composed young man. And he has great respect for his uncles which is why he`s helping them endorse these jackets, the "Thriller" and "Beat It" jackets that went on sale today.

And I think that he wants to make his own money. He wants to step out of the shadow of his father. While he can`t sing and dance - he acknowledges that - he wants to be Prince Jackson.

He is a brand. And he wants to act, and he wants business deals he wants to direct. He wants to make his own money despite the great wealth he`s inheriting.

HAMMER: Well, I think everybody is wishing him well. It`s going to be so interesting to see how things go for him. Alan Duke, thank you so much, Alan. Good to se you.

It's nice to read that he's ambitious and wants to achieve something of his own, make his own money and support himself, rather than sitting on his butt and spend the money his father worked hard for.It's pretty remarkable and mature of him to want to do something of his own. But he's still too young, he can do all that when he's 20 or at least 18, when he's at least finished highschool if not college. The other thing is, he won't be achieving anything nor will he be making any money, by collaborating with his greedy unlce's and auntie's.

Last edited:
Back