Prince Jackson steps into public spotlight - endorses jackets by J5 / Jackson's sue for nonpayment

Re: Prince Jackson steps into public spotlight - endorses jackets by J5

I honestly just want to cry looking at this thread. Beyond SAD.

like someone said...i don't even have the strength to be outraged anymore...they crossed that line a long time ago ..nothing surprises me again

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/11/10/showbiz/prince-jackson/

Prince Jackson steps into public spotlight

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Michael Jackson's oldest son, Prince, takes another step into the public eye this week with his first commercial endorsement.

While some Jackson fans may object, saying Prince Jackson is too young to be involved in an endorsement, the lawyer for grandmother Katherine Jackson said steps are being taken to "make sure that going forward everything with the children is done by the book."

Prince said he's hoping to travel with Jackie, Tito and Marlon Jackson when they perform shows in Japan next month. The plan is to have Prince introduce his uncles on stage, Marlon Jackson said.

Perry Sanders, the lawyer for Katherine Jackson, said Prince has indicated he is determined to make his own money, even though he will inherit many millions from his father's estate.

Taking care to make the right decisions about what deals to accept and what to reject is crucial to protecting his brand as the eldest son of the King of Pop, he said.

His uncles asked Prince to support the "Thriller" and "Beat It" jacket sales, a line that is authorized by the executors of the Michael Jackson estate.

"These limited quantity collector's items are exact replicas of the iconic originals and were created by the original designer of the jackets," according to a news release.

Michael Jackson debuted the red "Beat It" and red and black "Thriller" jackets, designed by Marc Laurent, in 1983. The Jackson brothers signed 500 of each jacket, which will sell for $2,350.

So 'going forward' I hope we won't see any more pictures of the children with those dreadful bottles of Rouas perfume.....?

I guess a lot of these jackets are going to end up on sale at the next 'tribute concert' in Japan........... or is that at 'shows' in the plural now?

mooching and mooching due to laziness. These three new cash cows have been brainwashed! The estate should stop it. That Guardian Adleitem (sp?) has been useless.

I can only assume that his support for his uncles' project does not include monetary support. Surely they wouldn't go there.

Will the kids be endorsing anything but jackson family money making scams? i guess not cause then all money would go to the estste then the kids. and the jacksons wouldnt get anything out of it

Going by this rate and the overexposure alone, the kids are gonna be joining the Z list ranks their beloved uncle's and auntie's are in, by the time they turn 18.

Even though it would be better if the public was fully aware of what the family is doing, for the kids sake, i'm glad the media for the most part are ignoring these schemes from the family. It would be extremely embarrassing (to Prince) if this CNN report had really got out there to the public.

What's next, a reality show? They could call it "Mooching Off of Michael, the Next Generation"... *facepalm*

The children are sweet and they want to be accepted by the family.

Its wrong to think that the only way the family would accept them is if they were making money for them.Its completely wrong wot happened to unconditional love ??

Its wrong to think that the only way the family would accept them is if they were making money for them.Its completely wrong wot happened to unconditional love ??

ask mj!

Oh Prince... you are growing into this wonderful, handsome young man... Time's flying. If Michael could only see you now! By the way, I think the Beat It jacket looks very cool on him :)
His heart is in the right place, bless him. He means well. I am sure he loves his uncles and wants to help them out. I don't mind him endorsing things if he thinks it's right and feels strongly about it... just not with this family! They will only tarnish his name!

TITO, MARLON AND JACKIE JACKSON
We Got Screwed
Over Thriller Jackets

Three of Michael Jackson's brothers -- Marlon, Jackie, and Tito (left to right) -- have filed a lawsuit against a guy who they say duped them into signing 1,000 replicas of the famous Michael Jackson "Thriller" and "Beat It" jackets.

According to a new lawsuit -- obtained by TMZ -- the 3 bros were promised $100,000 each for their signatures on replicas of the iconic, red, leather jackets that MJ wore in his "Thriller" and "Beat It" videos.

The brothers claim Steeve Bohbot and the other defendants were supposed to pay as soon as the ink was dry, but they allegedly changed the deal and said they would pay when the jackets were delivered to Amazon.com for sale.

According to the suit, Bohbot claimed there was a problem with delivery to Amazon, but the brothers say it was just a lie.

Bohbot's lawyer had no comment.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/15/tito-marlon-jackie-jackson-thriller-jacket/#.TsMcQcPNlGU

We Got Screwed
Over Thriller Jackets

Three of Michael Jackson's brothers -- Marlon, Jackie, and Tito (left to right) -- have filed a lawsuit against a guy who they say duped them into signing 1,000 replicas of the famous Michael Jackson "Thriller" and "Beat It" jackets.

According to a new lawsuit -- obtained by TMZ -- the 3 bros were promised $100,000 each for their signatures on replicas of the iconic, red, leather jackets that MJ wore in his "Thriller" and "Beat It" videos.

The brothers claim Steeve Bohbot and the other defendants were supposed to pay as soon as the ink was dry, but they allegedly changed the deal and said they would pay when the jackets were delivered to Amazon.com for sale.

According to the suit, Bohbot claimed there was a problem with delivery to Amazon, but the brothers say it was just a lie.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/15/tito-marlon-jackie-jackson-thriller-jacket/#.TsMcQcPNlGU

See, this is why i'm glad this story about Prince signing this crap as a favor to his uncles wasn't highly publicized. The family could careless how they look, but it's unfair to make a kid who only wants to do right, a joke like they are. It was clear as day this project would be just another failure and embarrassment.

We Got Screwed
Over Thriller Jackets

Can't say I'm shocked. Can't say I feel sorry for them.

I mean, their past history regarding business is a trail of "mostly" embarrassments. The most recent being that so-called Tribute to their brother Michael. FAILED!

Now this. ANOTHER FAILED!

They appear to sign up with ANYBODY who they "think" can provide a huge payday for them and it ends up being an embarrassment for them.

I agree with AngieJ, I also am glad this latest scam didn't make a big splash in the media.

Serves the bros right for being greedy. 100k for signing jackets that have nothing to do with then. why not j5 signed jackets. just trying to cash in on mj again

Now I don't believe this was Estate approved, as initially reported.

Of course there was a catch in it for Jackie, Tito and Marlon. How embarrassing for them, but at the same time serve them right. It's unfortunate that they never seem to learn from their lessons, and keep using their brother's name and likeness time and again to make money.

I just can't get over that the bros were paid $100k each for 1,000 sigs, $100 a signature. They can't seem to get arrested without having to mention mj's name, so i don't know how they thought their signatures could be worth so much. So this jacket is $2,350, and $400 of that is for paying for the signatures of random family members? If these jackets sell, some people have more money than sense.

We Got Screwed
Over Thriller Jackets

Another failed scheme! damn. Thats why it does'nt pay to use Michael Jackson and his children!:smilerolleyes: We are gonna see so much more of this type of thing. Michael's wise decision not allowing his family to have any say in his Estate becomes clear and clear evey day.

Global Live, you guys are next!

Jackson brothers sue over 'Thriller' jacket deal

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Three of Michael Jackson's brothers claim in a lawsuit filed this week that they've been "duped" by a company selling replicas of jackets worn by the pop icon.

The endorsement deal was the first involving Michael Jackson's oldest son, Prince, who posed for pictures with his uncles as they autographed the limited-edition jackets.

The "Thriller" and "Beat It" jackets went on sale online last week, but Jackie, Tito and Marlon Jackson filed a lawsuit Tuesday alleging the marketer bounced a check to them for travel expenses.

Steeve Bohbot, owner of Connected Internationals Sales, also failed to pay each of the three brothers the $100,000 each for signing the 1,000 leather jackets, the suit, filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court Tuesday, contends.

"Plaintiffs, tired of chasing Bohbot for the moneys, have no choice but to seek redress from the courts," it said.

The suit alleges that Bohbot told the Jackson's that the delayed payment was caused by a problem with the jackets' delivery to Amazon.com, but it was not true.

The brothers believe the company is insolvent and has not paid other creditors, including Michael Jackson's estate, which authorized the sale, the suit said.

Bohbot did not respond to CNN calls for comment.

The Jackson brothers, who recently reunited onstage for a series of concerts, gathered at West Hollywood's Bar Marmont on October 29 to sign the jackets. Prince Jackson, who has previously stayed away from commercial endorsements, joined them at the event, but he did not autograph the jackets.

Prince Jackson is not involved in the lawsuit since he was not part of the marketing agreement. It was not disclosed how much he was to be paid to attend and pose with the jackets.

Connected International Sales "duped plaintiffs into a scheme to sign 1,000 collectors' jackets," the suit said.

Michael Jackson debuted the red "Beat It" and red and black "Thriller" jackets, designed by Marc Laurent, in 1983. The Jackson brothers signed 500 of each jacket, which are still on sale for $2,350.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/11/16/showbiz/jackson-jackets-lawsuit/index.html

wow $100 for each signature.

Hope Prince will learn from this....on how NOT to do business!!!

edit:

it just dawned on me, it was
$100 for A signature...
ie 2 seconds.....
and a total of $100 000 for one days work??!!

Not bad to be related to MJ.
But I ask, would this have even made the NEWS WITHOUT Prince's participation??

"It was not disclosed how much he was to be paid to attend and pose with the jackets."
Probably a trip to the ice cream parlor by his loving uncles......

and PS....who is paying for these LEGAL Fees??? MJ?

Last edited:
I honestly think Prince and Paris enjoy the attention. MJ has kept them sheltered, normal, but now they get to be "glamurous", without even knowing the consequences of this... after all, they're just kids. But now they are "cool" kids. Having people screaming your name and getting online cheers is not such a bad thing for a teenager. And no, I'm not considering the haters because I also believe they've got more than enough "defenders" out there. I saw the video for the Japan concert, and Paris really looked like she was enjoying being there, with her funny cap and big hipster glasses. So yes, they may be the new cash cows, but they are certainly enjoying the attention.

I honestly think Prince and Paris enjoy the attention. MJ has kept them sheltered, normal, but now they get to be "glamurous", without even knowing the consequences of this... after all, they're just kids. But now they are "cool" kids. Having people screaming your name and getting online cheers is not such a bad thing for a teenager. And no, I'm not considering the haters because I also believe they've got more than enough "defenders" out there. I saw the video for the Japan concert, and Paris really looked like she was enjoying being there, with her funny cap and big hipster glasses. So yes, they may be the new cash cows, but they are certainly enjoying the attention.

That's true enough. They're very confident kids and any teenager would enjoy that attention. But that isn't a good thing. They need people that will guide them and protect them, not purposefully fuel that for money. They're teenagers-teenagers do not know what's best for themselves.

Most children love attention. I am not worried about them enjoying the attention, after all MJ did, too. A lot of other celebrity kids like it (just look at Madonna's daughter or Will Smith's kids etc.). The real problem is the family! The kids think they're doing the right thing, something for a good cause, something for their father's legacy. Who knows what stories the Jacksons feed them. Just read some of Taj's tweets, he's quite full of himself because of his last name, saying things like "When I speak of my uncle Michael's legacy, I am not only speaking about the "MJ" legacy. I am speaking about the "Jackson" legacy" or "Everyday I feel blessed and lucky to be "a Jackson""
What the hell is he smoking? This is the stuff the children grow up with.
And here is also one of my favourite Taj-tweets about MJ: "He sometimes would make bad deals or business decisions". haha, look who's talking! What should we call what the Jacksons are doing? A non-stop failure! An utter disgrace! Everything they touch turns into a failure!
Taj fails to see that MJ fans aren't criticisng because they are simple haters, they are voicing their concerns, they have very good reasons to do so. Instead of dismissing them as haters, they should stop and at least give it a thought.

I hate seeing the kids growing up with these people, teaching them these twisted world views. The Jacksons should follow Prince's example: he is ambitious and wants to achieve something on his own (something none of the lazy Jacksons do, instead they are living off MJ's fame). It's remarkable that a 14-year-old has got more brains than all those middle-aged Jacksons.

Most children love attention. I am not worried about them enjoying the attention, after all MJ did, too. A lot of other celebrity kids like it (just look at Madonna's daughter or Will Smith's kids etc.). The real problem is the family! The kids think they're doing the right thing, something for a good cause, something for their father's legacy. Who knows what stories the Jacksons feed them. Just read some of Taj's tweets, he's quite full of himself because of his last name, saying things like "When I speak of my uncle Michael's legacy, I am not only speaking about the "MJ" legacy. I am speaking about the "Jackson" legacy" or "Everyday I feel blessed and lucky to be "a Jackson""
What the hell is he smoking? This is the stuff the children grow up with.
And here is also one of my favourite Taj-tweets about MJ: "He sometimes would make bad deals or business decisions". haha, look who's talking! What should we call what the Jacksons are doing? A non-stop failure! An utter disgrace! Everything they touch turns into a failure!
Taj fails to see that MJ fans aren't criticisng because they are simple haters, they are voicing their concerns, they have very good reasons to do so. Instead of dismissing them as haters, they should stop and at least give it a thought.

I hate seeing the kids growing up with these people, teaching them these twisted world views. The Jacksons should follow Prince's example: he is ambitious and wants to achieve something on his own (something none of the lazy Jacksons do, instead they are living off MJ's fame). It's remarkable that a 14-year-old has got more brains than all those middle-aged Jacksons.
Taj is definitely on the good stuff, sometimes I feel I'm more mature than him, and I'm nearly 20 years younger than him. And I'm pretty sure Prince has more sense than Taj.
I hate to see the kids picking up those twisted world views as well, Michael would absolutely hate it if his kids end up like Taj, thinking they're above everyone and everything, the next best thing to God, only due to their last name, their relation to him. Michael kept his distance, he kept himself and his kids away, those children (at least the older two) should give this fact a thought sometimes. He didn't do it cuz he was an addict in denial, or because he was kept away by his handlers, he did it to protect himself and his children from their greedy, stupidity and ignorance.

Back