Priscilla Presley: Glee should cover Elvis

I think that if some of the Glee members did a cover of In the Ghetto that would be a great move. Personally that is my favourite Elvis song. As much as I despise the influence Glee has at the moment I admit that it does wonders for sales of the original artists it covers and its a great move for the mainstream. It would certainly bring a new audience to Elvis.

But Priscilla, no one has matched the succsss of Elvis? Um, your daughter was married to him!

I don't really think Elvis songs go with Glee. I do like him (and I don't like them), but I just can't see it. As for the "no one has matched him" comment, I couldn't agree more. Michael totally surpassed him.

I don't really think Elvis songs go with Glee. I do like him (and I don't like them), but I just can't see it. As for the "no one has matched him" comment, I couldn't agree more. Michael totally surpassed him.

*I think you meant "disagree"*

So have the Beatles and arguably Madonna. I am almost certain that the general public in Europe knows more Madonna songs than Elvis songs.

For some reason, the media are just in love with Elvis or something. He can do no wrong and they constantly overrate his achievements (1 billion records sold, yeah right). Nobody has ever tried to take Elvis' crown from him while the media are trying hard to look for a new King of Pop barely two years after Michael died. I don't understand it.

And I'm not taking anything from Elvis. I'm sure many people love his music. It's just not appealing to me. I guess I'm not his target audience (= 40-60 year-old white men). To each his own :)

Back