Priscilla Presley's thoughts and feelings on Michael Jackson's death

just wanna throw my 2 cents into this thread...I despise Pricliia and Lisa Marie for what it is they have said and done to Michael over the years. Pricilla is held together with sillicone these days. However...I am a HUGE Elvis fan...and I dont see where he fits into this thread....he did nothing to Michael. So why he is being discussed as being racist is beyond me.. but anyway,,,,I just wanted to stick up for Elvis....just as I would Michael.

^Didn't Elvis take young Lisa-Marie to a Jackson 5 concert or something? If that story is true, how would he be racist?

Also, the lot of you seem to be forgetting Presley was from a different time than ours. In modern times, it is nothing short of a disgrace to see someone being racist, knowing what we know now...but back in the 50s and even up til the 70s, the majority of people were racist. Hell, even the 80s--remember MTV? MJ had to dazzle them with his talent before they even agreed to play his material, and they judged him on his race, did they not?
The times have shifted greatly, and for the better, but you can't judge someone who is dead for holding values which were normal at the time he lived. Also, we're not even sure the allegations are true.

As for the whole bit with Priscilla Presley being 14, she was post-pubescent, and only modernly have we gotten so caught up in the whole "magic number" notion of someone having to be 18 to have sexual relations. Back in the 19th century girls as young as 13 or 14 married and had sex, and no one died.

Again, you can't hold him up to modern standards. That's deeply unfair. If he were doing something like that now, it'd be a different story only because our views as a society have changed. So, no, he did not rape her. This isn't a Roman Polanski sort of thing, and Elvis isn't the one talking crap about Michael anyway.

Yes I am. Because I believe its the very point of a board to express one's opinion. Like all of the others in that thread who seem to share mine. :yes:

Yes, but I just find it amusing you took 5 seconds out of your day to post how much you don't care about Priscilla Presley on a thread concerning Priscilla Presley. :D

Last edited:
Slave owners listened to black entertainment so Elvis taking his little princess to a Jackson 5 concert has nothing to do with whether or not he was a racist. I don’t know enough about Elvis to say if he was a racist or not but growing up in the South in the era and culture he did I wouldn’t be surprised.

Mod Note
This thread is not about Elvis or bashing Elvis for whatever reason you think you must.

Lets stay on topic _ THANK YOU for your cooperation

^Didn't Elvis take young Lisa-Marie to a Jackson 5 concert or something? If that story is true, how would he be racist?

Also, the lot of you seem to be forgetting Presley was from a different time than ours. In modern times, it is nothing short of a disgrace to see someone being racist, knowing what we know now...but back in the 50s and even up til the 70s, the majority of people were racist. Hell, even the 80s--remember MTV? MJ had to dazzle them with his talent before they even agreed to play his material, and they judged him on his race, did they not?
The times have shifted greatly, and for the better, but you can't judge someone who is dead for holding values which were normal at the time he lived. Also, we're not even sure the allegations are true.

As for the whole bit with Priscilla Presley being 14, she was post-pubescent, and only modernly have we gotten so caught up in the whole "magic number" notion of someone having to be 18 to have sexual relations. Back in the 19th century girls as young as 13 or 14 married and had sex, and no one died.

Again, you can't hold him up to modern standards. That's deeply unfair. If he were doing something like that now, it'd be a different story only because our views as a society have changed. So, no, he did not rape her. This isn't a Roman Polanski sort of thing, and Elvis isn't the one talking crap about Michael anyway.

Yes, but I just find it amusing you took 5 seconds out of your day to post how much you don't care about Priscilla Presley on a thread concerning Priscilla Presley. :D
thank you for this post. i wanted to explain but didn't know how. you did it perfectly.

just wanna throw my 2 cents into this thread...I despise Pricliia and Lisa Marie for what it is they have said and done to Michael over the years. Pricilla is held together with sillicone these days. However...I am a HUGE Elvis fan...and I dont see where he fits into this thread....he did nothing to Michael. So why he is being discussed as being racist is beyond me.. but anyway,,,,I just wanted to stick up for Elvis....just as I would Michael.
i feel exactly the same

Well, you know, I'm home with the flu, so I've got plenty of time to express my right to say I dont care. :D

I thought about saying, like many others, that she should STFU already, but it sounded a bit too rude for what I was feeling.

Victory22;3597800 said:
Slave owners listened to black entertainment so Elvis taking his little princess to a Jackson 5 concert has nothing to do with whether or not he was a racist. I don’t know enough about Elvis to say if he was a racist or not but growing up in the South in the era and culture he did I wouldn’t be surprised.
he had friends who were black

Mod Note
Being this thread is not going to stay on topic. It is being moved from the Trial and tribulation forum to the controversial forum. Becuase none of what is being posted here has anything to do with the Murray trail.

i was going to shutupp and not get into it. i get this is an MJ forum and i respect that but i got to defend my guy here. i've been a fan for 15 years...read books, seen documentaries and listend to ELVIS' OWN words. only two people have claimed he was racist and would object to Lisa's marriage. Donna Presley who*is a conartist and David Stanley who is an total idiot! that Elvis was a racist is a BIG FAT LIE!
A Con Artist okay...I wouldn't know either way since I have no proof? And the other an Idiot? Well that would be an opinion that don't really prove nothin. But, anyway like I was saying no one has to believe it and I was just addressing the rumor that I heard.

And this whole BS about it being a different time back then is such a bad excuse. So I guess you believe in monkey see monkey do then? Seriously if ur not part of the solution ur part of the problem. Since when something like being a possible racist and sleepin with under age girls is okay just because others are doing it? Give me a break. And I don't have time to agrue with some who think that way. :puke:

Goin back to the topic: The issue with Priscilla responding to the question was her pointing the finger at MJ only. This was a homicide case something she totallly ignored!

Last edited:
Priscilla was only responding to a question, not initiating it. What on earth was so horrible in what she said? I'm probably a minority here but I think she's right.

It's like wearing a sexy red sequin dress at somebody's funeral , the dress is awesome but not suitable .. Gotcha baby ?

When people say after watching Priscilla's interview with Oprah "how can we blame her ? Every mother would have had issues if her daughter married someone like Michael Jackson" .. I see the point , she had a right to be worried as being a mother but in fact there were no REAL reason(s) to be worried about because Michael Jackson was a good guy . Now the same with her statement about Michael's death , the statement itself is true but she shouldn't have directed it to Michael Jackson because his death was a homicide .. Michael Jackson was killed !

Last edited:
And this whole BS about it being a different time back then is such a bad excuse. So I guess you believe in monkey see monkey do then? Seriously if ur not part of the solution ur part of the problem. Since when something like being a possible racist and sleepin with under age girls is okay just because others are doing it? Give me a break. And I don't have time to agrue with some who think that way. :puke:

You're totally missing the point. If you're going to judge dead people who lived in times different from ours and held values different from ours by foreign 21st century standards, then I guess you will find most historical figures rather repugnant, even the ones we usually admire and revere. How fair would it be if you were to die and someone said you were a sh*t person because you thought in a way that was normal at the time, and died before things completely shifted onto a better level, and therefore before you even had the chance to learn the errors of that method of thinking?

It'd be completely different if Elvis were alive today and, as you allege, a racist, even if he came from those times...because he would have lived to see the complete shift in race relations the country has undergone since the turbulence of the 1960s. But he didn't, therefore, he would have no way of holding 21st century values when he died decades before the beginning of this century. So, again, how is that fair?

And, for the record, I don't believe in the notion of "monkey see, monkey do," and I'm not even sure where that fits into anything I said. That'd be a more appropriate accusation if I were justifying someone's modern-day racism based on his father's [whose values would be from a different generation], but that's not at all what I am saying. However, this world functions because people adhere to certain values and views within a given society, which is why change is so painful and slow. Not everyone can be extraordinary or beyond their time. Most people aren't. The disgraceful thing is in refusing to change once things have been proven different from what was once perceived [i.e. modern-day racists who still hold on to antiquated notions about people who are different than them, despite the overwhelming fact these have been proven false]. It is not in living as an average person for the time.

I am sure we will continue to make progress as we go along, and I sure as heck wouldn't want to die in 2030 and have someone in the year 2060 judging me for not holding values relevant to the 2060's.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but, I don't buy the whole different times thing as an good excuse for anyone being racist. Nor am I saying as a fact Elvis was. Just that it may have been possible. It was following what others did that made racism and things like slavery so big and that doesn't make it right. And so we can agree to disagree.

I'm sorry but, I don't buy the whole different times thing as an good excuse for anyone being racist. Nor am I saying as a fact Elvis was. Just that it may have been possible. It was following what others did that made racism and things like slavery so big and that doesn't make it right. And so we can agree to disagree.

So, again, how would you feel if you died now and, decades down the line, were being judged by values and views from more advanced times, without living through the necessary times to learn the error of the previous method of thinking? It seems extremely self-righteous and illogical to judge someone who died in a way different time by values we hold today.

I suppose you're going to judge everyone who lived and died during the 17th, 18th, and 19th, (and earlier parts of the 20th century) centuries as well? Does that make sense to you? Again, no one is trying to justify racism--I don't think one could logically do that knowing what we know today...but by the same token you can't expect someone who lived during a time when what we know now was not known to be as enlightened as we are. That's preposterous in the extreme.

When it comes to Elvis he died in in the 1970's so what is up with the exaggeration and comparing him to the 17th century and all of that? lol

Anyways, I already explained by following others method of thinking is why so many crap like rascism went on and on for yrs. It was more then just a way of values and views for many. It was pure HATE just because they wanted too which they ended up making laws for! So I again I'll agree to disagree.

Surprise that this thread didn't just get closed when it went off topic. But, moved here and with the orginal title still? o_O SMH Well, I said my opinion on it and don't feel like goin in circles about it because some don't like it. So movin on!

Back