Privacy (song)

Hazard

Proud Member
What's everyone's views on the song?

I personally like the song but know that most fans hate it. I want to know why people are so hard on this song even though it has such a wonderful message.

I'm sorry, maybe it has a nice message, but the song itself is no good, his voice is weird, and those flash sounds of cameras are too annoying!

Privacy was the first song off Invincible that I gravitated towards and played repeatedly so add me to the "Love It Team" :p

Hmm. I like it sometimes, other times not. I do enjoy the latter half of the song with the adlibs and change in instruments.

Like a couple of up-tempo songs on Invincible - it misses something.

Don't like it. My absolute least favorite of Michael's anti-media songs.

I love the song for the song and lyrics... this was probably the first time he talked about Princess Di (in a song) after her passing in '97. It just shows how their lives was similar in regards to the paps. I love his voice on there because he's using his deeper voice and its much forceful...he's putting all his anger/emotion in it and it makes me really aware of his distaste for the paps. Scream was a good one but I think this one's more personal and it includes Princess Di. :)

My fev. Album is Invincible and Off the wall. Even though most ppl. dont wanna recognize it. smh.

Some of you still wonder why, one of my friends had to die
To get a message across, that yet you haven’t heard
My friend was chased and confused, like many others I knew
But on that cold winter night, my pride was snatched away

Now she get no second chance, she ridiculed and harassed
Please tell my why
Now there’s a lesson to learn, respect’s not given, it’s earned
Stop maliciously attacking my integrity

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Last edited:
One of my favourites off Invincible. It stands out, has a distinct sound compared to all the other tracks. Thumbs up from me!

It has a terrible chorus IMO. and the verses aren't good enough to save it.

I like the song. but i miss a real climax towards the end, like you
expect it in a MJ-rocksong.

but the message and the melody itself is just great.

I like the song. but i miss a real climax towards the end, like you
expect it in a MJ-rocksong.

but the message and the melody itself is just great.

Really?? I reckon the ending is AMAZING. 'Why'd you do it. Please don't do it. Why'd you get it. Why'd you just let it' adlibbing and then those drums (go listen to them!) and then fading sirens = perfect.

:yes:

Great beat! I often listen to it while running.
Love him letting out his anger and disgust. I think it's a really personal song.
Love when he uses his voice is this kinda raw way.
It's not my fav MJ songs, but I still like it much :yes: .

I love this song too. The intro is so atmospheric...those voices (Michael can I get just one snapshot please?) must be the 'soundscape' he heard everywhere he went, pretty much all his life. There's a real 'wistfulness' to the string section just after the voices, and then that heavy, heavy beat (love the guitar solo in the middle too). A great song, though for me personally not very 'singable'or 'danceable' .

I like Privacy, but I do find it strange that he screams "Slash" just before the guitar solo, when Slash soesn't play it!? Some other guy is playing the solo... So besides that lame solo, I love it very much :)

I like it a lot... But more often than version from Invincible I listen to the mixscape remix - I love those additional sounds there. If you haven't heard it yet, check it here
English isn't my first language, so I can't help but every time to wonder, about those lyrics reg. Lady Di
My friend was chased and confused, like many others I knew
But on that cold winter night, my pride was snatched away

Princess Diana died in August, so that cold winter night isn't about learning abt her passing? Thank you :)

^^Maybe he is combining the stories of a few different people? He did not write this alone, so maybe the song took on multiple meanings after input from the other authors was added?

I don't know, but I like the song. :yes:

^
Yeah, the song isn't only about Princess Diana, I think.

Anyway, the song is one of my favourites from Invincible (well, tbh I love all 16 of 'em). I really like the "angry" voice :shifty:

It doesn't really do anything for me TBH. Those constant camera click noises are especially tacky.

That's the only bit of the song I like. Oh, and the strings on the into as well.

Everything else about the song is just lukewarm, especially compared to a masterpiece like Tabloid Junkie.

I like Privacy, but I do find it strange that he screams "Slash" just before the guitar solo, when Slash soesn't play it!? Some other guy is playing the solo... So besides that lame solo, I love it very much :)

I'm pretty sure that guitar solo is played by Slash.

Back