Quincy Jones and Michael. . . What's Q's problem?

Also he went on national TV after Michael's death saying "he was my little brother" and "a part of my soul died with him". Then he turns around and he says all this negative things about him to magazines?

I'm not one of those MJ fanatics who think MJ couldn't do wrong. I realize he did things those weren't good, I also realize he could hurt people when cutting them off, I also realize he changed a lot over the years and there are things about him I cannot understand either. You can say you don't understand why he did all the plastic surgery (I don't either), you can say you don't understand why he picked so many shady people as "friends" and why he cut off so many good people from his life (I don't either). But if there's one thing you cannot say about Michael Jackson is that he didn't have much talent! That is simply ridiculous!

He had a mega talent. Quincy helped him to reach his artistic peak, but he was just that: a helper. He shouldn't try to pose as the one who created MJ, the artist, because he didn't. MJ always gave him a lot of credit, more than artists usually give their producers, he should be satisfied with that. But it was Michael who wrote his greatest hits, it was Michael who had that unique voice, it was Michael who created his coreographies, it was Michael who moved like Fred Astaire and James Brown in one body, it was Michael who had his ideas for his videos. Michael was THE creative part of their partnership. Quincy was "just" the craftsman who helped to make the most of that TALENT.

:clapping: I agree with everything you said.

i wish fans wouldn't label other fans. fanatic and such. nobody has the inside scoop enough on MJ to do that. nor should they, anyway...

Ok, I haven't read all the posts but I will just say, as I've felt this way for awhile, that Michael Jackson MADE Quincy, not the other way around. Q became a house hold name with Thriller because of Michael. Not many people knew his name UNTIL he hooked up with Michael! Most people couldn't tell you anything he did before he got with Mike and hell they couldn't even tell you anything he's done SINCE hooking up with Mike. He's highly overrated in my opinion, and should be thanking his lucky stars he got the chance to work with Mike. It irritates me beyond words that EVERYONE else either tries to take credit or is given credit for all the success Michael had. Give the man the credit he rightly deserves. And Q needs to check his ego at the door and just shut up.

Also, regardless of all the crap thrown his way in the 1990s-2000s Michael still set records and blew people away with his music and his performing!

Examples:

* HIStory is the best selling Double Disk album ever.

* DANGEROUS was the biggest selling album of 1992 and it even sold more than BAD.

* Blood on the Dance Floor is the best selling remix album ever.

* 'You Are Not Alone' was the first single by ANY ARTIST TO EVER enter at #1 on the HOT 100 singles charts.

* 'Invincible' was/is his FASTEST selling album. (10 million sold overall to date)

(The list goes on, but my fingers are starting to cramp so I'll stop here.)

On that note, MANY people tend to not remember or realize or whatever, that 'Thriller' WAS A SLOW seller at first. It wasn't UNTIL Motown 25 when album sells really shot through the roof, added onto that the 'Thriller' video and all the videos connected with it.

Thriller's success is because of Michael, HIS talent, and HIS vision. Anyone who cannot recognize that is just blind. Quincy just got lucky and he got to work with THE GREATEST ENTERTAINER OF ALL TIME and he wanted to ride his (Michael's) coat tails to the end and when Michael said "we need to see other people" Q got his panties in a twist and went all "woman scorned" on his (Michael's) ass. It's really quite sad actually.

MICHAEL WE MISS YOU! LONG LIVE THE KING! LONG MAY HE REIGN!

PEACE! I'm out.

Fantastic post, White Chocolate! Michael was still experiencing a lot of professional success in the 1990s, but that success was effectively overshadowed by tabloids talking about his skin color, the allegations, prescription drug abuse, marriage and divorce to LM, marriage to DR and the birth of P&P. . . basically every single detail about Michael's personal life.

But Michael, for a fact, was still selling albums and he was still selling out concert venues. He was still making revolutionary short films and innovating his musical style.

Quincy really thought that Michael wouldn't be able to succeed without him, I think. If only all that other stuff didn't get in the way, Michael's career would still be on par with what he experienced in the 80s. It would have been all about the music and the art.

Thank U, Thank U, Thank U. Yes ppl keep saying that Q was somebody before Mike. That he produced for all the greats. We never heard of him or that before. PPL got to know who he was when he worked with Mike. What has he done before?????????? Yes he worked with Tevin Campbell, Did Vibe magazine, or some other things, but what else. Anybody u ask about him automatically talks about Mike. And I like what u said about Thriller. Motown 25th is what took Mike to the next level. And guess what Q had Nothing to do with it. It was all Mike. He gets way too much credit for Mike's success. Hearing that old man talk you would think he discovered Mike. He was a nobody before Quincy. Somebody needs to put that man in his place Quick!!!!!!!!!

I'd have never heard of Quincy Jones if it wasn't for Michael Jackson, and I'll tell him that if I ever meet him.

Oh boy, this just breaks my heart. Quincy, you disappoint me.
How awful this is...

And this was conducted after his death! How sensitive, Q...

dearmichael1, Rockin and littlesparrow. . . Go ahead and tell Quincy how you really feel! ;)

TWITTER
http://twitter.com/QuincyDJones

FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/QuincyJones

MYSPACE
http://www.myspace.com/quincyjones

I've had to argue with poeple who say that Michael did nothing but Thriller and that that was written by Quincy Jones.

Those people are just plain ignorant. They need to read the liner notes of those albums and look up the definition of 'producer'. I do believe that one day that Michael will be given his rightful due. . . unfortunately, it is going to take some time.

I am still waiting for Quincy to claim he tought MJ how to sing and dance and that he was the one performing on the Bad Tour with a wig.

The **** wont be happy until his fugly ass is on the cover of thriller wearing the white suite with the fucking baby tiger on his lap

yay now i feel much better. i dont understand how people keep saying we shouldnt curse. its so theurapatic

I can't stop laughing! LMAO

Quincy doesnt care about what we think of him and I think we should extend the same favor to him!

Let him have his views on Michael - he actually knows Michael, we dont! He has the right to feel whichever way - WHO CARES!!! I dont!

yeah, it's understandable, but not forgivable. it makes him look rather SMALL.

as Arty said upthread somewhere (I think it was Arty): what if George Martin had said these kinds of things about John Lennon and George Harrison?

he wouldn't, trust me. and it's because George Martin is a man of class. something Quincy Jones needs to mull. he's not doing HIMSELF any favors by behaving this way. envy, jealousy are very demeaning emotions. they demean the perpetrator much more than the victim.

What I think is funny is that I didn't even know anything about George Martin, but I did about Quincy Jones. He's just lucky that he was given the credit and the publicity he's been given over the years for working with Michael. Without him, it wouldn't have happened. Sorry, but it's true.
Thriller was amazing, but as others have said, it was Billie Jean, his first live performance of the moonwalk, and his videos that made it so great and popular. None of that had anything to do with Quincy. As others also said, Q even told Michael not to make the intro in Billie Jean as long, and that's one great thing about it. I hate people talking about him like all he did was Thriller. The Dangerous album is crazy! Will you be there, In the closet, Who is it, Remember the time, Black or white, Give in to me... OMG!!! :dancin:

Today I read an interview Quincy gave to a spanish online newspaper called El Pais.
Quincy had the audacity to state that Michael did not have much talent!

Ever since I read that, I have been so pissed all day.
I can't just let it go, so I am asking for a discussion about
what happened between Quincy and Michael for Quincy to say such nonsense about Michael.

I also know that after Michael's death, Quincy did an interview with a hiphop website
where he made snide remarks about Michael's skin, vitiligo, and Michael's children.
This is all relating that Quincy thought that
Michael was denying his African American heritage.

Sounds to me like jealousy happened....or senality. Or both.

But with the YT vid that Redridinghood posted...Q @ 7:25,
I'd rather believe that. Not to denounce the OP Spanish Mag
article either. It's contradiction, but he said it! *shrug*

YT Vid: Tore makes me sick but he said it straight @ 5:38
in the video. Lol! So true!

Harriette from Ebony Mag:
Michael is magic. His music has touched so many people forever.
Again. Very true.

At the close of the video, Ann Curry says "good-night" and it sounds
like she softly says "Michael".

I'm not one of those MJ fanatics who think MJ couldn't do wrong. I realize he did things those weren't good, I also realize he could hurt people when cutting them off, I also realize he changed a lot over the years and there are things about him I cannot understand either. You can say you don't understand why he did all the plastic surgery (I don't either), you can say you don't understand why he picked so many shady people as "friends" and why he cut off so many good people from his life (I don't either).

the fact that you don't agree with everything Michael did because you still don't understand certain things doesn't make you better than those "poor crazy fanatics". some people actually know what they're talking about when they're making a pro-MJ argument, we're not all airheads

the fact that you don't agree with everything Michael did because you still don't understand certain things doesn't make you better than those "poor crazy fanatics". some people actually know what they're talking about when they're making a pro-MJ argument, we're not all airheads

Yes, there are fans and there are fanatics. Fanatism is never good, no matter for who or what. And people are people, MJ too was a human being with mistakes and flaws. What is so outrageous in seeing that?

Also I didn't say whoever makes a pro-MJ argument is a fanatic. There are very valid pro-MJ arguments, of course. So what's your problem? If you are not a fanatic then you shouldn't feel offended by my post. Simple.

Anyway, that was not the point in my post. Now, back on topic.

Exactly why would Q be talking to Spanish newspaper.

Don't believe, Don't trust it! Michael told you a million times when he was alive!

I would think that seasoned Michael Jackson fans would be able to ignore garbage it that!

Neither would be big if it weren't for the other. None of us were there in the studio when Michael was producing albums so we have no idea which person was more important in the album making proces... chances are it was probably both.

Neither would be big if it weren't for the other. None of us were there in the studio when Michael was producing albums so we have no idea which person was more important in the album making proces... chances are it was probably both.

not really. MJ was big when he was little. he and his brothers were compared to the Beatles, even back then, and it was mainly because of him. and Thriller didn't take off because of Quincy. It took off because of MOtown 25. everybody knows that. It's all MJ.

Gosh if this is true it makes me sad. I thought they were friends oh well nothing really surprises me anymore just more fake friends I guess.

Julia

not really. Mj was big when he was little. He and his brothers were compared to the beatles, even back then, and it was mainly because of him. And thriller didn't take off because of quincy. It took off because of motown 25. Everybody knows that. It's all mj.

preach!!!!!!!!!!!!

Destiny and Triumph point the way clearly ahead to Off The Wall and Thriller. Michael and his brothers had as much to do with the grown up "Jackson" sound as Quincy. Actually they have a hell of a lot more.

Back